• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Update v2.0 + HHP Discussion Thread

don't know if anyone answered this question but i know people've been wondering about it in relation to 2.0:

if you report a starting villager's house to isabelle, their furniture will revert to their actual house setup instead of the default house furniture. i reported sherb (who was my tutorial lazy) and then the next time i walked into his house it was set up with the cute furniture
Wait is that actually a new feature they added? I never once talked to Isabelle about discussing a villager since it was only about the way they talk or the way they are dressed.

Wait is that actually a new feature they added? I never once talked to Isabelle about discussing a villager since it was only about the way they talk or the way they are dressed.
Yes, it is new. I imagine the intent behind it is similar to the other two, in that if you are gifted a villager, their remodeled house apparently travels with them and therefore it may be necessary to revert back to their original setup.

Yes, it is new. I imagine the intent behind it is similar to the other two, in that if you are gifted a villager, their remodeled house apparently travels with them and therefore it may be necessary to revert back to their original setup.
Hmm I don't know. I talked to Isabelle and went to select "Discuss Resident" and the only options I saw were "The way they talk" and "the way they dress" I didn't any option that says anything about their interior. Do I have to actually give the villager a gift to trigger the feature?

Hmm I don't know. I talked to Isabelle and went to select "Discuss Resident" and the only options I saw were "The way they talk" and "the way they dress" I didn't any option that says anything about their interior. Do I have to actually give the villager a gift to trigger the feature?
Have you redesigned villager homes with Tom? Maybe that is what unlocks the option.

Have you redesigned villager homes with Tom? Maybe that is what unlocks the option.
Okay I went on my main island that has the feature to customize villager's home unlocked so I went to Isabelle, told her about discussing resident, and when I selected "Molly" thats when I saw the option "The way their home looks" So now I can see it now. Okay well I guess this means that if you changed your mind about the villager's home then they go back to their default look. In a way I can see this being useful for people that hate gifted villagers, but one hand it kinda sucks because I have redo the entire DLC on my 2nd island just to get this feature.

Last edited:
Did my first roommate job today and I paired Sprinkle with Ruby since their themes kinda compliment each other. I used the flooring with the snow on it and when I was taking pictures Ruby started playing with the snow flooring. She started kicking it up and then gathered the snow with her hands and threw them happily. Did villagers always interact with floorings and wallpapers this way and I just haven’t noticed or is it because of the update? I was so shocked she looked super cute doing it too.

An update to this. I logged in today to play and found Sasha doing the same but in the beach (kicking up the sand, gathering the sand in his hands and throwing them happily) so I guess this really is new. Also, Olivia was playing with the sandcastle with an actual shovel and patting it and forming it and stuff. Granted, all of these happened in the HHP archipelago and not my actual island so I’m not sure if they can do the same interactions with stuff on our actual islands or just in HHP because Pashmina was literally on the floater on the sea in HHP archipelago as well and I doubt that will happen in our own islands. 🤔

An update to this. I logged in today to play and found Sasha doing the same but in the beach (kicking up the sand, gathering the sand in his hands and throwing them happily) so I guess this really is new. Also, Olivia was playing with the sandcastle with an actual shovel and patting it and forming it and stuff. Granted, all of these happened in the HHP archipelago and not my actual island so I’m not sure if they can do the same interactions with stuff on our actual islands or just in HHP because Pashmina was literally on the floater on the sea in HHP archipelago as well and I doubt that will happen in our own islands. 🤔
It really makes our islands look so shallow. There is so much going on with the archipelago that I spend more time over there rather than my own island.

It really makes our islands look so shallow. There is so much going on with the archipelago that I spend more time over there rather than my own island.
True. The villagers just feel more “alive” there with all the stuff they can do and the cosplays they have for the facilities and such. They tend to interact more with the items too. Put them in front of food and they immediately take out utensils and smell the food. In front of the garden wagon they immediately spray the flowers. They do things I’ve never seen them do in our own islands.

I played HHD and was wondering if in HHP:
1. Are you required/forced to take a picture of every home you design?
2. When you revisit a villager's home to ask to redecorate, do they not have a requested theme anymore? (Like HHD)
3. How do the roommates mechanics work? Can you ask a villager with an existing home to move in/be roommates with another villager with an existing home? Or can you only set up roommates with those looking for homes on the beach?
Regarding 2), after a certain number of houses you unlock the ability to suggest a new theme when accepting someone's house request. This basically makes it so that there is no theme (no required items), you can do whatever you want. You just need to give it a name (hence "suggesting a theme"). When you redecorate, you also have the option to suggest a new theme.
Post automatically merged:

I also did my first roommate job and I have a question. Frett wanted a roommate and I paired him with Butch, who I already had made a house for. Is there any way to see Butch's original house that I did for him anymore?

I'm not terribly upset about it, because with Butch's theme I basically gave him a dog park sort of situation, and I just tried to incorporate some of that into the new Frett + Butch house. But was just curious so I'm more careful about who I pair up in the future if need be.
If you uploaded the old house to HHN online, it does not get rewritten when you redesign the house. You have to manually update the design by reposting. If you did not post the original to HHN online, then you can't see the old house unfortunately

true that was my main argument prior to update but pp still said pets would be weird. Maybe one day they will add it maybe not, who knows! I would love it 😊for sure
Oh I'd love actual pets too. But for now, at least we can always pretend the gyroids are something akin to them until then. I've already seen some folks naming them and making little spots for them to sit on and dance in in/around their homes. It's honestly really cute and it makes me wish I could just get one of my own already.
Just gotta wait until tomorrow and then I can go to Mystery islands at last now that I'm 3-stars.

So I think I found a bug, it only seems to be a minor glitch:

I was crafting in the upstairs (long room) and when I craft partition walls, the preview display for them displayed as a flickering bright red texture which looked like a missing texture. The only possible thing I can think of that might cause it is that I'm using one of Sable's patterns for the wall up there, because when I craft them in my main room the preview displays correctly with the checkered texture it usually has.

Anybody else encountered this?

Just noticed something -- sometimes when my neighbors come over they follow me around the house, sometimes they don't. What's with that? Does anyone know why it's one way or the other?

Here's how both happened for me: Lionel the smug lion came over and got the grand tour, but when Grizzly the grumpy bear came we played a game and then he said it's time to leave, and I asked him to stay longer (so I could show him my cool rooms 😔) and after that he wouldn't follow me from room to room.

If you invite Daisy Mae to build a home in HHP
She brings Joan and they both live together. This is not optional. But if you like me are tracking down NPC Amiibos, then be aware that you only need one of their cards (as I assume it works the same if you invite Joan instead). Hopefully I get both of their photos tomorrow from Lottie…

If you invite Daisy Mae to build a home in HHP
She brings Joan and they both live together. This is not optional. But if you like me are tracking down NPC Amiibos, then be aware that you only need one of their cards (as I assume it works the same if you invite Joan instead). Hopefully I get both of their photos tomorrow from Lottie…

You do get both :). However, i have not teated it but i believe if you have Joan amiibo she should be able to live alone i think, with DM its just cause she is a minor.... i have not tested this since sadly i dont have Joans amiibo

Just noticed something -- sometimes when my neighbors come over they follow me around the house, sometimes they don't. What's with that? Does anyone know why it's one way or the other?

Here's how both happened for me: Lionel the smug lion came over and got the grand tour, but when Grizzly the grumpy bear came we played a game and then he said it's time to leave, and I asked him to stay longer (so I could show him my cool rooms 😔) and after that he wouldn't follow me from room to room.
Were they both random visits, or did a villager ping you and ask to come over? The only time I've had a villager follow me around to each room was when Dobie asked if he could come over.

Apparently, the seasonal islands on Kapp'n Boat Tours have set dates on them (NH = north, SH = south):

Glowing moss/Vines Island
- Aug 1 (NH) / Feb 1 (SH)
Star Fragment Island - Jun 15 (NH) / Dec 15 (SH)

Cherry Blossom Island - Apr 10 (NH) / Oct 10 (SH)
Bamboo Island - May 31 (NH) / Nov 30 (SH)
Summer Shells Island - Aug 31 (NH) / Feb 28 (SH)
Maple Island - Nov 25 (NH) / May 25 (SH)
Mushroom Island - Nov 30 (NH) / May 31 (SH)
Snow Island - Feb 24 (NH) / Aug 24 (SH)

The rest of the islands use the actual game time. So, if you're hoping to catch fish/bugs that are out of season without time travel, you can use this chance. This is how I caught Squid and got recipes from it. Sadly, Salmon has to wait since both fall islands are in November/May.

You do get both :). However, i have not teated it but i believe if you have Joan amiibo she should be able to live alone i think, with DM its just cause she is a minor.... i have not tested this since sadly i dont have Joans amiibo
Katie lives alone (probably because her mom doesn’t have an Amiibo), so it may just be more because the two turnip sellers are so closely linked. My Joan Amiibo card is in the mail making its way towards me, so when it arrives I’ll be sure to test it out on the HHP scanner to see if she can be separated

Do villagers sit in the Roost? Like when you go in the Roost, are there sometimes random villagers in there?

I haven't unlocked the Roost yet but I don't mind being spoiled.

Back