• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Version 1.11 Update: Fireworks update for ACNH coming July 29

I'm kinda upset i don't have Brewster back yet. BUT I am also okay with that.

Didn't they suddenly bring the welcome amiibo update out for NL 2-3 years after the initial release? This gives me hope.

And, if I'm being honest, if the game had released with everything in it already i would be done with the game by now. I'm pretty sure i would have time traveled all over and seen everything there is to see.

Yep, 3 years. And there were other spin-off games in between.

The timeline for most countries has been:

New Leaf (2013)
Happy Home Designer (2015)
Amiibo Festival (2015)
New Leaf Welcome Amiibo (2016)
Pocket Camp (2017)
New Horizons (2020)

While the quality of the spin-off games varies, I mention them just to say Nintendo is usually always working on something Animal Crossing, even when we don't know about it.

Didn't they suddenly bring the welcome amiibo update out for NL 2-3 years after the initial release? This gives me hope.

And, if I'm being honest, if the game had released with everything in it already i would be done with the game by now. I'm pretty sure i would have time traveled all over and seen everything there is to see.
The welcome amiibo update was I think 3 years after the release. The difference is NL had so much more that it didn’t need an update right away. I’m kinda thinking that’s why they haven’t given us Brewster yet. They didn’t want us to be done with everything right away. Thing is when/if we get Brewster people might not care by then. Especially if they have to wait 3years before he shows up.

However, as I mentioned in my previous post, we just got "update", or more precisely "what has been taken away" again.

we will get August fireworks BACK, as it has been taken away from us.

For what it's worth, the 2020 Firework Shows are still here. It hasn't been taken yet :)

E7VaW5wUUAAXPAY.jpg
E7VaW59VgAAqiLb.jpg

(Moments ago)

I mean I don't really boot the game up all that much right now as it is. I feel like there's a difference between being done with a game that had it all right away and not dripped (and having 800-1000 hours) compared to still playing the game every now and then for 10-15 minutes not finding anything remotely worthwhile to do and just logging off and (having 50-200 hours)

Yes NL dropped the WA update around late 2016. The thing is, most of the stuff was new furniture, being able to get stuff that was region locked via RVs, and Harv's RV camp/being able to sit on boulders. Everything else was base game from the start.

Right now NH has been slowly adding new furniture and the such, but even those slowly drip-fed updates don't even come close to what WA had to offer and they're way off what NL and previous entries had to offer. We sacrificed a lot for terraforming and placing furniture outside and I honestly don't think it was worth it. At least not to me.

This just proves Nintendo really doesn't care about acnh. Cool love that. 😂

eeeeeh.....if they didn't caaare about it then we wouldn't have gotten a year and a 1/2 of free updates....

just saying...

And if you try to explain about Pocket Camp (pardon the assumption) well that's cause its a microtransaction fest in which players are constantly paying the team to make more stuff.

eeeeeh.....if they didn't caaare about it then we wouldn't have gotten a year and a 1/2 of free updates....
The fact that most of the free updates have been pretty small doesn't bode well nor that they keep calling them free. I don't want to have to pay a lot of money each time an update comes around for something else. Imagine if we have to fork out $5 or $10 for the next Nook upgrade. Going to feel like it cheapens the moment instead of progressing for it. (Hypothetical, cause I don't know if we will get another shop upgrade)

Some kind of paid DLC makes a lot of sense for the future since they have a huge pool of potential customers who own the main game.

If it ever happens, I think it will be a while before we see it, and I would expect it to be more of a distinct expansion that feels optional or like an add-on rather than something that fills in current missing features.

just saying...

And if you try to explain about Pocket Camp (pardon the assumption) well that's cause its a microtransaction fest in which players are constantly paying the team to make more stuff.

True, but can't say those updates have being all that good. It's better than nothing though.

I have nothing to say about pocket camp. What made you think I had an issue with that game?

I still don't think Nintendo gives a fluff, otherwise they would have given us what we wanted by now. Instead, we get these small pathetic updates that don't do anything for the game. Its sad.

And don't call me ungrateful, because I'm not. I still play the game daily. It just sucks to see it not get the content it deserves.

I’m actually so excited for the cotton candy. I think Nintendo is well aware of the reception these small updates have been receiving and I do believe something more substantial is in the works. We just have to be a little more patient.

For what it's worth, the 2020 Firework Shows are still here. It hasn't been taken yet :)

View attachment 387413View attachment 387414
(Moments ago)
At least it is still there now. I’m curious if it will still be there after the update.

just saying...

The updates mostly had things that are in the base game of NL. Yes we have gotten some new items but there is still so much missing that probably won’t be added with an update.

I've been looking at the seasonal items and it seems that they altered the dates and made it shorter.

Cowherd & Weaver Girl Day

2020: August 1 – August 31
2021: August 5 – August 14

Moon-Viewing Day
2020: September 7 – October 8
2021: September 12 – September 21

I agree.

The pandemic and the Splatoon argument doesn't really work here. NH has been in development years ahead of the pandemic. And development teams can be split. So those arguments don't hold water. The team who works on Pocket Camp also works on NH, so complaints are valid.

Anyway, I am still staying optimistic. If previous events are just getting re-enabled and unsubstantial content are just being thrown in, then there is certainly no need for a "currently in development" remark.

Last edited:
I mean, I don't want to be that person, but they could had decided against doing more updates as soon as the game launched because they released it during an opportune time and got their money worth out of the sells alone and figured that doing anything extra wasn't worth the time, resources, or risk because they already made more than enough.

I can only see them bothering with sizable updates if they go the paid dlc approach because that's why they still bother with Pocket Camp. It's just not worth their time. I remember voicing my concerns here about the mobile app game (years before NH was ever mentioned) saying how they wouldn't focus as much on their mainline game if the two were back to back, but my concerns were dismissed.

I can only see them bothering with sizable updates if they go the paid dlc approach because that's why they still bother with Pocket Camp. .

I don’t wish to disclose how much I’d be willing to pay for blathers. Nintendo might be watching.

Back