• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Villager Hunting General Thread

i only started documenting islands/villagers recently, so here they are!

- piper, normal #2 island
- monty, mountain island
- rudy, bamboo island
- sly, fidget spinner island
- boris, falls island
- avery, fidget spinner island
- freya (invited!), normal #1 island
- rex, normal #2 island
- mott, bamboo island
- marina (invited!), normal #1 island

then i started going to one island a night to make scorpion islands - mountain, spiral, normal #2, spiral, big fish #2, normal #2, money rock, spiral, fruit (cherries), money rock. from the islands, i've gotten ozzie, gayle, audie (!!!), apple (moved out), hamphrey (hopefully will move out), freya, marina!

Went island hopping a few days ago and this is who I found:
Apollo
Big Top
Sterling
Soleil
Rodney
Boyd
Rolf
Hornsby
Rocket
Opal
Plucky
Big Top (again)
Sterling (again)
Hornsby (again)
Lionel
Queenie
Kevin
Renee
Goldie (I almost took her, but I passed)
Savannah
Poncho
Whitney (was very tempted to take her but I still passed)
Gabi
Curly
Norma
Jacob
Cashmere
Zucker
Greta
Deena
Gala
Velma
Beardo
Naomi
Beau (I was running low on tickets at this point, so I took him)

Alright 3 things:

1: I restarted my town as the way the Resident Services' location gave me limitations on decorating my island.

2: I found Audie as a random move in, while also being one of my starter villagers. (Funnily enough, I called her while trying to guess who my random villagers would be.) While I am not a fan of Audie, I'd love to sell her for NMTs.

3: I found Roald as a last resort in a mystery island because the recent plot of land just would not roll in a random villager for 3 days. So I was like: "I'll force a villager in". And when I did it was Roald! Now per say Im okay with Roald, he might not be a villager that'll grow on me but who knows.

I burned through all my saved up tickets looking for villagers today. I had a list of about 20 villages I was hoping for and no luck.

I had three villagers show up twice which was definitely the most frustrating part. I was there was a cooldown so that if a villager spawns on a mystery island they can't spawn again that day.

I was looking for a female villager to balance out the gender ratio on my island, and this is who I found:

1. Vic
2. Deena
3. Tank
4. Rowan
5. Julian
6. Chief
7. Drago
8. Jitters
9. Antonio
10. Rocc
11. Beau
12. Skye
13. Tybalt
14. Anchovy
15. Whitney
16. Stinky
17. Elvis
18. Soleil
19. Gloria
20. Beau
21. Ricky
22. Flip
23. Jeremiah
24. Dobie
25. Limberg
26. Harry
27. Angus
28. Merengue
29. Pierce
30. Becky
31. Marshal

The bolded ones are the ones I really wish I'd invited home.

I actually took a short break around the 10th trip or so and went to visit my friend's island, and Skye was a visitor at her campsite! Gushed over how adorable she was, then left to continue my search. A ticket or two later I met her! However at that time I was only about 12 tickets in, and wanted to grind more islands for fun. So I left her, and I really regret it!

Many trips later, I found a lil' sulky marshmallow squirrel. And I didn't have a smug villager at the moment, so Marshal it was.

Was it fun? Yes.

Would I do it again? Yes, but probably not in the next 2 weeks or so. It gets tiring and repetitive after a while.

I decided to try to get Judy for a friend through the campsite method! Also trying if possible to get Fang too ^^

Start -> Whitney asks to leave as I prepare myself for the method, so thank you kind white wolf lady. Because I want to do this as quick as possible so I get her before she does, villagers will be most of them voided, I'm sorry my friends. Future me: I got to gift one though!

My adventure:
- Missing personalities: sisterly, snooty and jock -
T-bone (cranky)
Sparro (jock)
Frita (sisterly)
Boris (cranky)
Mathilda (Snooty)
Rasher (cranky)
Flo (sisterly)
Jeremiah (lazy)
Tammy (sisterly) - Humphrey asks to leave, I let him (voided) to have that sweet cranky personality missing, but I only find snooties and crankies island hopping - Claudia moved in, random ;A;

- Missing personalities: jock, sisterly and cranky -

Ribbot (jock)
Cranston (lazy)
Stu (lazy)
Baabara (snooty)
Klaus (smug)
Cherry (sisterly) - moves in, Claudia out, yay! (Voided)

- Now jock, cranky and snooty are missing -
Melba (normal)
Bella (omg I love her?! but I already have a peppy so I decide to keep going. I'm determined to get this gift)
Purrl (snooty)
Mint (snooty)
Bud (jock)
Elise (snooty)
Walt (cranky)
Apollo (my bird dad from WW, look at you so handsome, cranky)
Drake (lazy)
Francine (snooty)
Kabuki (cranky)
Violet (snooty)
Moose/ Mineta mouse (jock)
Static (cranky, cool dude)
Chief (cranky)
Yuka (snooty)
Bubbles (peppy)
Rhonda (normal, I always thought she was uchi)
Ike (cranky)
Fang! My dreamie! (cranky) - moved in, Julian out, gifted to a TBT user because I really didn't want to void him

- Missing personalities: Jock and snooty - also the flower invasion is making me sweat
Sly (jock, such a fun design) -should've invited him to get rid of jocks, but for some reason my brain was oh yes the lazy alligator. I facepalmed so hard.
Ketchup (peppy)
Friga (snooty)
Rod (-inhales- MY BOIIII, I had him for a while when I was younger and I really wanted to see him again) -moving in, Zell out, sorry pal I hope we can meet more in the future. Voided because I'm getting paranoid she'll get Judy before I can gift her to her.

-Only snooty missing now!-

Tiffany (snooty)
Monique (snooty)
Annalise (snooty)
Bitty (snooty)
June (normal)
Kid cat (jock this hurt SO MUCH, I love this kitty but he kept choosing my permanent residents or personalities I needed to keep blocked. Perhaps I'll meet him again island hoping one day)
Amelia (snooty)
Tybalt (jock)
Bea (normal)
Tom (cranky)
Judy!!!
Finish line!
EXr0S2FVAAAvv8q.jpg

I'm so happy! I can't wait for her to wake up and see my messages ;U;
Post automatically merged:

And she chose Maple so I'm gifting two friends now! hahahahahaha

Last edited:
sfLVjtDl.png

I found Diana while doing the campsite thing. I don't want her as i'm looking for Cashmere. I'll try my luck on moving out Stu and move Diana out so I can sell her.

Edit: Turns out it was Norma that was leaving. So i'll let her leave.​

Thanks so much for posting this method and the tips people gave in it. I finally found him :). This was my journey.

15 aug Felicity
26 aug hans
10 sept megan
18 sept Ketchup
1 oct Raymond

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 15
I found Raymond today while island hopping (I think I was like 70 or 80 tickets in). I don't really want him, but I invited him to move to my island anyway so I could sell him. The villager I was actually looking for was Bunnie lol, or my alternative choices would've been Audie or Ankha.

I’ve had my share of island hopping and I’m also watching a lot of villager hunting videos on YouTube lately and I just thought, could it be possible that the game is pushing villagers from the bottom of the barrel to us? Because I realized it wasn’t just me who kept getting the “losers” but almost everyone with a few popular dreamies thrown in between...

ucyxSk7l.jpg

And right after Diana, Raymond showed up. And best of all, I was expecting him as well.

I'll keep trying until he moves someone out I want.

Edit: Firstly, Raymond chose Murphy. I don't want Murphy out, so I closed the game out and he chose Roald. I'm not much of a fan of Roald, so i'm quite pleased he chose him. Another dreamie down.​

Last edited:
Here are the ones I found today while looking for a good peppy, snooty or sisterly:
1. Velma
2. Avery
3. Olive
4. Dom
5. Zucker
6. Boris
7. Jambette
8. Sterling
9. Deena
10. Bubbles
11. Tank
12. Zucker (again)
13. Pango
14. Peewee
15. Buck
16. Rolf
17. Deena (again)
18. Zucker (again..)
19. Tex
20. Puck [wanted him so bad but he's a lazy : ( ]
21. Chief (I wanted him even more but he's a cranky D: )
22. Patty
23. Jitters
24. Genji (had literally just kicked him out lmao)
25. Wolfgang (my literal favorite wolf but luckily have him in my 2nd town)
26. Velma
27. Claude
28. Miranda
29. Fuschia! (My fave sisterly! Went with her)

i remember running into diana on normal island (first nmt of the day too). she wasn't even a dreamie but i told myself if i take her in i must get fauna at some point. after another person moves out, i go island hopping and BAM, fauna on normal island on the first nmt (of that day).

they were meant to be.

I've also remember bumping into...
Judy (taken)
Jambette (3 times.....km)
Apple (ignored)
Genji (ignored)
Pietro (taken but moved out)
Raddle (had him previously but moved out)
Reneigh (ignored)
Colton (ignored but it HURT to walk away from my prince)
Sprinkle (ignored)
Lolly (ignored)
Zucker (taken)
Marina (taken)
Coco (taken)

and the others are a blur. i usually looked at the villagers and walked away if they weren't what i was looking for. i never bothered to get their names....

Went island hopping for hours and hours today and this is who I found:
1. Tex
2. Vic
3. Winnie
4. Biskit
5. Cole
6. Benedict
7. Frita
8. Kitty
9. Wendy
10. Joey
11. Alfonso
12. Huck
13. Kidd
14. Egbert
15. Elvis
16. Plucky
17. Miranda
18. Patty
19. Flora
20. Deirdre
21. Maple
22. Pinky
23. Cyd
24. Axel
25. Rory
26. Bettina
27. Chadder
28. Flora
29. Tia
30. Pashmina
31. Pecan
32. Cyrano
33. Tutu
34. Graham
35. Pashmina
36. Knox
37. Boots
38. Gayle
39. Pancetti
40. Groucho
41. Gwen
42. Sprocket
43. Sally
44. Vic
45. Freckles
46. Portia
47. Dom
48. Robin
49. Zell
50. Hornsby
51. Rasher
52. Pekoe
53. Canberra
54. Reneigh
55. Curlos
56. Opal
57. Ken
58. Fauna
59. Nana
60. Knox
61. Dom
62. Kyle
63. Lionel
64. Tiffany
65. Elise
66. Boots
67. Greta
68. Quillson
69. Hamlet
70. Astrid
71. Cookie
72. Rocco
73. Reneigh
74. Stella
75. Broccolo
76. Antonio
77. Molly
78. Drago
79. Candi
80. Apollo
81. Derwin
82. Anabelle
83. Rodeo
84. Diana
85. Elvis
86. Camofrog
87. Zucker
88. Nana
89. Gayle
90. Drago
91. Bam
92. Mira
93. Ketchup
94. Octavian
95. Chrissy
96. Anicotti
97. Hans
98. Tybalt
99. Biff
100. Walker
101. Vladimir
102. Kitt
103. Erik
104. Marina
105. Aurora
106. Deena
107. Gabi
108. Claudia
109. Chester
110. Bubbles
111. Walt
112. Pashmina
113. Patty
114. Chadder
115. Elise
116. Cobb
117. Anabelle
118. Hazel
119. Coach
120. Jacques
121. Flurry
122. Olive
123. Tipper
124. Alfonso
125. Miranda
126. Antonio
127. Cyrano
128. Billy
129. Olaf
130. Jambette
131. Midge
132. Rolf
133. Carrie
134. Mott
135. Claudia
136. Tangy

I ended up getting Tangy so I could just use the campsite method for Judy :)

Today’s was something like this:

Del
Benjamin
Jambette
A few I don’t remember
Merengue
Jeremiah
Frobert

I adopted Frobert because my cousin asked me just yesterday if I could scan his amiibo in since his favorite from New Leaf is Frobert. So Frobert will live with me until my cousin can get him.

Lopez was adopted yesterday so I get to island hop today! I've not done this in over a month. :D

Ideally I'd love to find Raddle, but I doubt that'll happen before I find someone else cute!

AUDIE! AUDIE! AUDIE! I'm having the worst day of my life, so this little thing helped.

Lionel, smug
Apple, peppy
Cookie, peppy
Flora, peppy
Jitters, jock
Drago, lazy
Piper, peppy
Hugh, lazy
Nibbles, peppy
Cheri, peppy
Peggy, peppy
Ruby, peppy
Jacques, smug
Freckles, peppy
Mitzi, normal
Robin, snooty
Maddie, peppy
Wendy, peppy
Tutu, peppy
Puck, lazy
Winnie, peppy
Peanut, peppy
Dotty, peppy
Victoria, peppy
Claude, lazy
Poppy, normal
Bangle, peppy
Truffles, peppy
Static, cranky
Olaf, smug
Chrissy, peppy
Angus, cranky
Tabby, peppy
Bianca, peppy
Audie, peppy

I was going to remove Mallary since her card is cheap, but I didn't want to spend all night so she's replacing Zell.

Last edited:
Why is this thread not stickied? Threads on this keep appear because this thread keeps getting lost to page 5 and beyond. DX

Back