What Are You Happy About Today?

I got to work on some more personal art today!

Caught up with a ton of Youtube with my mom this evening—we saw OrionSounds’ recent Among Us stream, Markiplier’s recent video starring his mom, and got through most of his playthrough of chapter two of Poppy Playtime!

• I have my job orientation today. It's currently 2:30am and my orientation is at 7am so I'll have to head to the bus stop around 5:30am. I haven't slept obviously so I'm tired but I'm excited, I will get back on a normal sleep schedule tonight. I did take a nap yesterday afternoon. I feel like this is gonna be a big learning curve cause I'll be having to learn their online order management system for picking out deliveries, bringing them to peoples cars which will involve a lot of heavy lifting, learning where everything is in the store, learning about the merchandise in case customers ask questions, and eventually getting trained in using power equipment like forklifts and whatnot. A little scary but I think once I get the hang of everything it will be a lot better for me than cashiering was. I think I do better on the sales floor.
  • I'm glad it's the weekend now

I'll post back here about how orientation went after I get home :)

Friday 21/06

Had an appointment in the morning for an issue I've been looking to get explored since the pandemic. Turns out I have tendonitis in both my legs. Sounds bad until you realise that the symptoms could have been indicative of much worse (and life-threatening) complications. At least I finally have a word for the pain I've been dealing with for the past three years.

I went out for drinks at a German pub after work with six technicians from other schools in the city. I stayed for about three hours and had a fantastic time. Talked funny work situations, video games, and Star Wars and one guy shared half his pizza with me. As I left I asked two lads I particularly enjoyed chatting with if they'd like to keep in touch and they were down. :D

My friend came to meet me at the pub and then we went back to my place. We ordered sushi and binge-watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

I'm happy today that I get to make some more builds on my second island, Camembert and got some items to fill in the catalog (partially) thanks to the TBT members who do trading especially trading with @Firesquids 🥳(tysm for the big help!)

I'm also happy that Dobie is moving in to Camembert from campsite.

I'll open up a dream address for Camembert once all parts of the island are complete 😊!

IbjvcK4.gif
It's time for more happies! 😁

- My gym session went well and I said that I didn't feel sore after my previous workout, to which my trainer responded that it means my body is getting stronger. I laughed it off, but it's true. 💪

- I ended up maxing out Firefly's traces in Honkai: Star Rail and, with the help of Harmony Trailblazer, got her break effect to over 360% in battle! I did it without e6'ing the trailblazer as well, but the way I did it is a secret. 🤫

- The Texas Rangers started a winning streak by defeating the Kansas City Royals yesterday 6-2!! ⚾ 🔥

- I just took another shower and feel so refreshed now. Going to have some coffee soon and then help declutter our garage. :coffee:

HYnvbmV.jpg

1zNvSpg.png

Today my best friend (and future roommate) arrives for her visit. She'll be here for a few weeks and I hope she'll even out the bad vibes since currently the only roommate here is a horrible person! Im just very excited for her arrival and I think it'll be really good tonight to have a cigarette and a yap about everything shes missed while she was back in our hometown.
Also I just bought my little brother Minecraft because for months he's been using bootleg versions to create the most amazing builds. Hes 10 and only just starting to discover forms of expression like this, but he's really grown into Minecraft and now with the official version he wont have to randomly lose all his work when the bootleg apps inevitably get taken down! He would complain often about bugs and glitches, or the apps being removed or some blocks not being available so now all those problems are gone :)

Yesterday, I had to take an outdoor kitten I've been taking care of to a vet for a 2:00 p.m. appointment, because his eyes watered, and snot has been coming out of his nose, as he is sick.

Well, to my surprise, after the appointment, my mom told me that we get to adopt the kitten, because he's not supposed to be outside with his family now, so he gets to be an indoor kitten! He just turned 2-months-old yesterday, and my mom told me that the age the kitten gets old enough to be adopted at is 2 months.

The kitten's name is Caramel, and now he gets to be a little brother figure of my 1-year-old other cat, Pumpkin!

Caramel is a tiny baby that's full of orange fluff, and now we will have to keep him in a kennel at times, so that he will not get lost in the house.

I actually had a pretty decent day at work today despite the 7am start! :) I did finish earlier than usual too so I ate dinner at home and had some really delicious Moroccan food, and currently chilling with a coffee <3

Have the day off tomorrow!

Should be seeing my niece on Tuesday after my job interview lol

Last edited:
After my orientation on Monday, I'll be going to look at this apartment with my dad. I have a good feeling about this one, so I'm hoping he'll be able to get approved for it.
I ended up contacting HR immediately following the incident at my old job. I haven't gotten any specific updates about what happened, and frankly it's none of my business what action was taken, but I'm happy HR was made aware of the situation, if anything. I was just notified that action had been taken, and I'm alright with that.
I've been playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe before I have to put the router away for a week or so to move it to the new apartment. I hope it's as simple as just calling and reconnecting the router in the new place, but I'll have to wait and see, I suppose.

Hope your job orientation goes well! I’m glad you were able to find something that’s a better fit for you :)
Thank you! I'm pretty sure my orientation will just consist of watching videos, but I think I'll get on the floor on my second day. I'm glad you found a job more suitable for you, as well, and I hope your orientation goes well.

Orientation went well, it was just 5 hours straight of training modules/videos. I have some more to finish up at my next shift on Tuesday and that same day I’ll be able to get on the sales floor. I got my employee discount card and my name tag. I get my actual schedule on Tuesday and my vest that day as well.

I got drenched on my way home because of a huge downpour but it was fine it kinda felt nice even though I got soaked and had to wash and dry my clothes immediately when I got home.

it feels good to be working again. I know it’s just my first day but it takes my mind off my anxiety a ton.

My sister is stopping by with some cleaning supplies I need today

I can’t wait to sleep later cause I didn’t go to sleep last night.

I have the next two days off :)

Saturday, June 22, 2024
  • Played Super Mario Odyssey for the first time, even though I’ve had it for over a year! It looks like a fun game! I’ve not played much so far, but Mario turning in a frog was funny!
  • It felt as if I was on the longest walk with Blossom this morning! All she wanted to do was sniff! When we got back, she had some treats then a nap! Blossom enjoyed some of my apple and she absolutely loves blueberries. I was convinced that she would like bananas, but ever since she was a puppy she has never taken to bananas! I will keep trying every so often!
  • The phone I bought for my Dad for Father’s Day started acting up. It got the Android Black Screen of Death. After trying several methods, nothing worked. Returned it, and got a refund. Looked on Amazon and found it even cheaper! My Dad wanted me to take back the extra money, but I got him another little present.
  • I renewed my Nintendo Online Membership which was due today. I couldn’t believe it when my Dad said he would pay for it!
  • Bought a MP3 download of a song, I had never heard before by Sir Elton! It’s a Leonard Cohen cover, ‘I’m Your Man’. I’ve never heard the original, but I’m sure Elton’s version will be better!
20240622_110025.jpg

Man this Saturday went really quick. But I did have a lovely, relaxing day at home.
I did work on a document of things, not finished yet. I did plan on working on my admin questions; but decided to play animal crossing instead.

Moved a lot of trees around, and was hoping to work on the back of my Island. Stopped to go through some dream addresses for inspiration and ideas.

Saturday, June 22, 2024
  • Played Super Mario Odyssey for the first time, even though I’ve had it for over a year! It looks like a fun game! I’ve not played much so far, but Mario turning in a frog was funny!
  • It felt as if I was on the longest walk with Blossom this morning! All she wanted to do was sniff! When we got back, she had some treats then a nap! Blossom enjoyed some of my apple and she absolutely loves blueberries. I was convinced that she would like bananas, but ever since she was a puppy she has never taken to bananas! I will keep trying every so often!
  • The phone I bought for my Dad for Father’s Day started acting up. It got the Android Black Screen of Death. After trying several methods, nothing worked. Returned it, and got a refund. Looked on Amazon and found it even cheaper! My Dad wanted me to take back the extra money, but I got him another little present.
  • I renewed my Nintendo Online Membership which was due today. I couldn’t believe it when my Dad said he would pay for it!
  • Bought a MP3 download of a song, I had never heard before by Sir Elton! It’s a Leonard Cohen cover, ‘I’m Your Man’. I’ve never heard the original, but I’m sure Elton’s version will be better!

I can't help but comment again, but I always love seeing Blossom! I make sure to read through people's posts over time, but when I get to yours I read through it and then admire how adorable she is. I'm like, "yes, this is what I came to see!" :LOL:

Today has been a bit sluggish for me since I think the heat is getting to me 😅. Also dealing with depression still. Not a terrible day though!

I’m happy because I got the okay to get Pokemon Sword! I also got the okay to get the dlc and the subscription to Pokemon Home :D.

Spanky finally came in my room and is now napping 🥰; Jewels is sleeping in the cardboard box 😸. I got some snuggles from her and Jewels earlier when I was waking up.

Two days ago, I found someone who wanted a ditto for a roaring moon on Pokemon home :D.

That’s it for now! Might have more to post later 🙂

Hope everyone has had a great day even. It’s been a great day off even though it went too fast. Had a nice long walk with Aurora this morning. Got some cleaning and laundry done this morning. We had a nice rainy afternoon. Played Pokemon Violet . Worked on my Pokedex . Got another star badge. Will go for another gym badge later.

Blossom enjoyed some of my apple and she absolutely loves blueberries. I was convinced that she would like bananas, but ever since she was a puppy she has never taken to bananas! I will keep trying every so often!
I love seeing pictures of the beautiful Blossom. Aurora never liked blueberries but she loves frozen Bananas.
IMG_7054.jpeg

I was saying not too long ago that I had a sudden desire to travel somewhere, I just didn't know where I would go, and that desire was steadily growing. Well, I just booked myself a trip for mid-July to help scratch that itch! I'll be flying into Denver, Colorado and spending the night there, before catching the train early the next morning to head back to California (two days and one night on board). As an added bonus, Union Pacific is running their famous steam locomotive #4014, nicknamed the "Big Boy" from Roseville, California (just outside Sacramento) to Sparks, Nevada (just outside Reno) on the second day of my train ride, meaning at some point my train and the Big Boy will be passing each other in the mountains, so I'm really looking forward to getting a good look at it as we go by. It's not every day you get a chance to see a steam locomotive running on live tracks like that! They were selling tickets to ride along in vintage rail cars being pulled by the Big Boy on its Roseville to Sparks run and I'd have loved to have gotten myself one of those, but unfortunately I didn't find out about them until long after they had all been sold. Even then, it will be nice to be back on the rails again, if only for a short while this time! And who knows, maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to snag a ticket on board a future Big Boy excursion train!

1920px-UP_4014_Departing_St._Louis.jpg

By Fan Railer - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=131396526

Back