What Are You Happy About Today?

Bored post birthday ramblings.

I got this nice birthday ice cream from a waitress. I actually got sick on June 22nd. The day before my birthday. Either too much dairy or too much heat. (I was perfectly okay again on the 23rd).

I dunno why but I was able to stomach this one okay. Then I had a big milkshake today on the way home. Apparently I don't learn my lesson.

Screenshot_20240624-192115.png

I'm not a shopper. One of the only things I came back with from my trip away was this book. Tell Tale Heart was a story I liked and remembered. Poe was an interesting dude. It's also just fun to learn about people.

Screenshot_20240624-192254.png

The trip was fun! In two months I'm flying out to London.

It was way too hot though. When I took a summer trip to Bermuda last year it was a massive rain storm. I'd honestly rather deal with that.

I also liked getting home and seeing the happy pets.

yesterday was my mom's birthday so we celebrated that with just the 4 of us and got to give her the earrings we got her ٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و

my cousin reached out to me and asked me to bake the cake for her coworker's baby shower party??? wild but she's willing to pay me so yippee!
we decided on a vanilla funfetti cake with pretty minimal frosting since it's going to be hot this week and we don't want to risk going too crazy with the decorations

my aunt from france, whom i haven't seen since i was a child, is flying in tomorrow so that's exciting hehe

i've been hit with the urge to play minecraft again so i made a new world and i've been having a lot of fun! i made one world that's strictly creative mode and just building for funsies while i also made a second world that's strictly survival and just taking my time with that one

oh oh i also finally went back to honkai after...... too long of a hiatus oops, but i had some tickets left so i did a single 10 pull and got ruan mei !!!!!!!!!!!!! i didn't think i'd win my 50/50 tbh
if i happen to get any more then i'll pull on firefly's banner and see if i can get her in time hehe

Saw a tiny baby box turtle this morning!! 🐢

I made some more progress on some personal art!

Also made it to year two in my main Rune Factory 3 Special file!

My parents and I watched some Youtube this evening, including GoodTimesWithScar’s latest episode of Hermitcraft, which was hilarious oml

• I had a good volunteer shift with the rescue kitties ❤️
  • I'm almost done cleaning my apartment. I kind of slacked on it for quite ahwile while I was depressed now I'm playing catchup with it and it's been about 5 days of cleaning on and off and all that's left to do tomorow morning is mop and clean the sinks and wipe down the counters before work then it's good to go
  • Tomorrow is my 2nd day at my new job. And I get my schedule!! Yay :)

I’m happy because I feel a bit better than I was earlier. 🙂

I’m happy my sister’s dog went home today since my cats were eating less with her here. Her dog was eating less at first too because she wasn’t comfortable being here since she rarely comes to stay with us and she’s scared of my cats 😅.

One more day until my gift card arrives and then I can get the dlc for Pokemon Sword 🥳.

In Pokemon Violet, I found one of the Scarlet exclusive pokemon in a raid that I still needed.

I finally got the shiny I was hatching eggs for, though I got it with a sandwich, not from an egg. I got not one but two! 🥳

Here are today’s shinies :D:

IMG_7663.jpeg

IMG_7664.jpeg

IMG_7665.jpeg
IMG_7666.jpeg

First derpy little guy
IMG_7667.jpeg
IMG_7668.jpeg

Second derpy guy

That’s it for now. I’m definitely feeling much better than earlier 🙂. I’m hoping tomorrow my mood starts off better and the rest of my day is good too 🤞

- Got my job interview over with. I don't think I got the job, but I low-key didn't really want it anyway...and it was good to have the experience! I'm more enthusiastic about the one I've got coming up on Friday

- Met my niece for the first time today! She is only 1 week old and was thankfully very well-behaved (asleep the whole time). I was surprised by how cute she is, I thought new-born babies were supposed to be ugly 😅

- Made pancakes with banana and nutella for breakfast, then had some delicious lamb tagine, couscous, hummus, and harissa flatbread for my lunch/dinner combo :) Eating well before I start my diet (i wanna be able to eat what i want on my Singapore trip in september) 🤣

Work went well today. I finished onboarding. I got my locker, my gloves, my badge, vest and a box cutter. Also got a free pair of these cute socks with a little mascot on them because corporate was giving them away as a reward due to them going so many days without an accident on the job. My first full shift will be Thursday from 1pm to 10pm :)

- me and my friends are gonna go to the lake on Saturday, unless it rains then we're just gonna go to my friends house and order some take out. I bought a new bathing suit for the summer too.

- I bought Super Mario rpg for the switch. Idk what it's about but I've played all the farming games so I had change up my gaming genres

- my mom had a disability aid worker stop by and she signed my mom up for activities at the recreation center. My mom was hesitant at first cause she's kinda scared to go outside in her wheelchair, but her friend is gonna accompany her.

Today's been great! I got up early and have been productive at work. Loved on my kitties some, especially my favorite. Finished my dailies in my gacha games and will probably play some ACNH and some of my Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Nuzlocke. The weather outside is also lovely, and I'm about to have some coffee as well. No commitments tonight either, so I'll probably just use the time to relax. Hoping everyone has a good day. 💜

I'm the afternoon drive host at my radio station and work is a lot more fun. This is more what I was trained to do and it doesn't even feel like work sometimes.

I also bought a new vehicle a month ago. My old Ford Escape was about to fall apart. My dad was so happy when he found out I bought a new car, relieved too.

Today was a great day off. Got up early and got Aurora her morning walk before it got hot. Mom had a good Dr appointment . They think the medication is working as there was no signs of new cancer and signs that the cancer she does have are getting smaller. It was a nice rainy afternoon. So glad the rainy season is here and we are actually getting rain this year. Played pokemon Violet this afternoon. I now have 7 gym badges. I also started a new save on my other switch lite and will only be using eevee evolutions. Haven’t gotten that far in it. Hope everyone had a great day.

IMG_7068.jpeg

IMG_7067.jpeg
IMG_7066.jpeg

Made it to World 2 in Ring Fit Adventure this morning! Though I did finally lower my difficulty because uhh level 25/30 is a little much for me right now LOL

I finished the personal art I’ve been working on!! ;w; Probably won’t be able to get much more done before Art Fight starts, but I’m happy with all I did!

Watched another episode of ZombieCleo’s current Hermitcraft series and a few other shorter videos with my parents this evening! My mom and I also watched Markiplier’s new Chained Together video which nearly killed me omg. I cannot wait for the next part

I'm catching up, but didn't really get to post yesterday since that day was not a good one for me.

June 21, 2024
  • I finished one of my midterms and did really well on it! I felt so happy about it considering the other two midterms I did were also done very well. Aside from having stuff I can catch up on and get ahead along with still having to work during weekends, I have a week long break from college! 🎉\
  • Since I only had to do my midterm, I got dismissed early as a result, so I went for a walk that lasted for quite a while. It helped bring up my mood quite a bit.
  • I went to Ikea along the way lol. I did look around for a bit there, but my main purpose was to treat myself some hotdogs after doing well on my midterms. I bought six of them (they only costed a dollar each), but only ate three as the rest were for my mother and sister. 🌭 Oh, while I'm at it, they had a bunch of small pride flags put up in one of their showrooms that put a smile on my face. ☺️
It's not very often I see the two spirit flag!
Coloured flags.png

June 22, 2024
  • Despite the day being so so hot, work went great! I had one of my coworkers help me replace spark plugs on a car's engine. It's pretty easy if you have the tools for it. Of course, I still had my coworker double check my work since I was being so careful. It's great building up that experience. 🔧
  • I finally got around to submitting my 3d craft for the Celebrating Diversity event! It gave me an excuse to get around to making a clay model of my AC villager, Pag-asa lol. I'm satisfied with the outcome considering it was my first shot at making a clay model in addition to taking hours to do it. The length of it lasting for two weeks was a wise decision. If we were only given a week (which the staff originally planned!), I don't think some of us would be able to complete our crafts on time.
  • Adding onto the event, @/Suguri dropped a message on my profile not long after I submitted my entry telling me she's also a Filipino! That's pretty rad hahaha. 🇵🇭

June 23, 2024
  • Speaking of Pag-asa, this day marked two years since I first made a complete drawing him and I find that a little hard to believe. Since then, I find myself using him as my aesthetic from time to time (inb4 someone jokingly calls me a furry lol). Has time really gone by that fast?
    1719371328207.png

• Work went fine yet again. There was a small slip up from my end, but got quickly resolved as it was a very minor issue.
  • My mother baked salmon and potatoes for dinner being delicious as per usual.
  • But she wasn't done yet. She also baked apple pie for dessert and it tastes amazing! 🍏🍎 @/.:Meri:., if you're craving for apple pie at the moment, there's still some left over. Just don't tell your family members or it'll be gone in a flash if they know lol.
  • There so happened to be a short window of free online on Playstation, so I took the opportunity to do a few online races in Gran Turismo 7! Results were good, but I had one race where I finished dead last rip.
You'll never see this happening in real life going dirt rallying with a 2013 Volvo V40 T5 R-Design lol.
Colorado Springs - Lake_.jpeg

Colorado Springs - Lake__1.jpeg

Gran Turismo® 7_20240623190943.jpg

Sausage kerbs are the bane of my existence as I get launched into the stratosphere just about every time I touch them. Lost 2nd place because of those darned things. My Honda NSX Gr.4 (custom livery design not made by me) isn't happy with that. 🥲
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__1.jpeg

At this point, I just wanted to bring it home in 3rd place. No more taking risks on the final lap.
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca_.jpeg

Gran Turismo® 7_20240623232130.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20240623232222.jpg

June 25, 2024 (Not a typo. Yesterday was bad)

This day was very chill with lots of gaming involved. That being said:
  • I played some more Gran Turismo 7. I messed around here and there doing a few races. 🚗
  • I picked up Zelda - Oracle of Seasons again after a few weeks of not playing it. I was lost for a bit where to go next, but eventually figured it out. I picked up some secret codes along the way that I can use in Oracle of Ages to get some goodies. In fact, I was surprised to get the biggoron sword and mirror shield in that game! ⚔️🛡️
  • I played a bit of Super Mario Bros. Wonder too. The last time I played it was during TBTWC when I was going through World 2 for the first time ever all while playing with a few other members too at the time. I revisited that world again to complete a few levels I haven't touched yet. Apparently, there was another branching path I didn't know existed and ended up in the special world! I immediately noped out of there when I saw the first level I stumbled upon that had a difficulty of five stars. 😅
  • I sauteed some zucchini and mushrooms for dinner with help from my mother! The outcome? Delicious!

• I have the day off today. I bought some food this morning. Including a cherry pie and cold brew coffee 😀 🥧☕️ also got some fresh fruit and vegetables and chicken, and Italian sausage. I’ll probably cook the Italian sausage in the crockpot :)
  • I’m gonna get in the treadmill for 45 minutes today, also gonna try to do it again tomorrow morning before my appointment and work.
  • Gonna practice violin today as well 🎻
  • Tomorrow I have an important appointment in the morning that will hopefully straighten some stuff out. Hoping for the best 🤞
  • My kitties really enjoyed their wet food this morning. They were so excited 😺
  • Slept pretty good last night
  • Gonna do laundry and clean up my apartment a bit today so I’m on track and don’t have to worry about it the next two days while I’m working. Then I’ll have more time to enjoy my weekend :) I’m trying to do some cleaning everyday and a deep clean once a week. I kind of slacked on it while depressed to trying to build that habit again to clean regularly. I always feel better mentally in a clean and organized environment. Usually it’s hard to motivate myself and I procrastinate a lot with cleaning but once I start it’s easy to keep going and it’s very satisfying. Especially while listening to a podcast or a YouTube video on my Bluetooth headphones.
  • I’m feeling very good right now. Best I’ve felt in awhile

Mailed @Mick's birthday gift on my lunch break. It's stupid but I'm super excited for him to receive it! 🎁
I had a long and tiring day away from home, but today this gift was delivered to a lovely old lady down the street which means I was able to pick it up after work! Instead of having to potentially get it from the post office which I wouldn't have been able to do until Friday.

This is the perfect amount of stupid. I have the dumbest grin on my face right now.
dino.png

Untitled.jpg

Back