What Are You Happy About Today?

I had a long and tiring day away from home, but today this gift was delivered to a lovely old lady down the street which means I was able to pick it up after work! Instead of having to potentially get it from the post office which I wouldn't have been able to do until Friday.

This is the perfect amount of stupid. I have the dumbest grin on my face right now.
dino.png

View attachment 570526
I'm so glad it has made you so happy! :D 🖤

Today was actually pretty nice. It's the first day in awhile that I've actually felt like I could be myself the most. Work went well and so did exercising at the gym, and I even had time to play all my gacha games and help @/Yanrima~ out with buying stuff from my shops in ACNH. I think part of me realizes by now that no matter how many times I've been knocked down, I continue to get back up and strive for something more. And the fact that that's happened so many times by now makes me incredibly, incredibly strong. 💜

I felt productive at work today. I cleared out about 100 emails from my inbox and I started to get my focus back a little bit.

My sister-in-law sent me more pictures of the kids! The older boys won their first game in the tournament by a pretty significant score and the little girl decided to get her ears pierced. I'm happy for all of them! ⚾✨

Tomorrow is my mom's moving day! Hopefully things will go smoothly and she'll be happy in her new place.

Started on another new personal sketch today! Probably won’t have time to work on it tomorrow but I’m happy with what I got done today! ;v;

My parents and I watched another of ZombieCleo’s Hermitcraft videos and a few other short videos this evening! My mom and I watched Markiplier for a bit afterwards too.

Today was not very good but a couple things happened that made me happy 🙂.

A few of my friends checked up on me ☺️. I’m really grateful to them all; it helps me hang in there more.

I started playing Pokemon Sword last night and I really like it so far! I felt almost like I’m playing one of the older games again (putting aside the different graphics and mechanics). I like that the trainers will challenge you if you pass them like the did in the older Pokemon games.

I got a shiny dratini last night in a tera raid in Pokemon Violet:D.

I’m glad I got the Pokemon home subscription. It’s nice to have more than one box now. i’m happy that I can put up more than one pokemon for trade too; I’ve been trading for starters in other languages. 🙂

Spanky snuggled with me a couple times earlier 🥰.

That’s it for now 🙂.

Today's highlights!
  • I finally got some salted egg chips! I'm not allowed to eat those, but my mom and I went to an Asian supermarket and in a rare turn of events she bought a bag for me. The chips tasted way salty and were “dangerously addicting”, heh. But it was worth it! I missed the flavor.
  • I’m still in love with my best TBT friend @ZeldaCrossing64. 🥰 I like being here for them during their times of need and they're such a sweet person to talk to. ❤️ Also, we helped each other out in ACNH! They've been going through a lot lately and they deserve lots of hugsies!
  • Speaking of ACNH, I went villager hunting and I found a villager to replace the plot where my former island resident Toby's house used to sit! Melba will be moving in soon.
That's all! You gotta believe, everyone! 💪

I wrote in the ‘What’s Bothering You?’ thread a few days ago, but thankfully everything came out fine!
  • Bought a bunch of Red Carnations in honour of my Mum to celebrate my Mum and Dad’s 47th Anniversary. I used to buy my Mum at least one bunch of flowers a week and she always loved to watch them bloom.
  • I gave my Dad the Anniversary card and gift, and he was delighted. He said it was a lovely thought to mark the occasion. He was also grateful that I added my Mum’s name, as I was worried it would upset him, but I felt that not adding her name kind of felt as if she didn’t exist. I also gave him a little Pocket Rainbow card from Blossom. He spoke about his memories with her, and it was lovely. I could see a little tear in his eye, but it was a happy tear, and he never usually cries or gets teary, so it shows there was true love there. I really hope she is looking down on us to see how much we miss her and how she is still in our thoughts every day.
  • Visited my brother’s work yesterday and took Blossom in again. He was delighted to see us! He told his customers that she was his guard dog. I joked with them and said the only thing she would do is drown you with her drool!
  • I’ve been looking for a while for one, but finally found a Lamb Chop dog toy for Blossom! It should arrive today!
  • Oh my goodness, Blossom has definitely found her ‘voice’ now! Some of you may remember she didn’t really bark, only very occasionally. We even took her to the vet last year to see if there was anything wrong. However, now she is giving at least a few barks each day! Never at people though! It only seems to be cats and squeaky gates so far!

- Guyss I did it!! I got my results today and I have officially graduated with a First Class Honours 🥰 👩‍🎓 I had kinda given up on a First because my grades were a bit disappointing last year and I'd been so busy with my new job I thought my uni work would slip, but I managed to turn things around!

- Heat wave is over it's gonna be a comfy 20c and under for the rest of the week (y)

- Thankfully not closing at work today and I'm doing a relatively short shift (6 hrs 45 mins)

Hello long time no post!! It's been a rough couple of weeks for me, mentally and physically, but thankfully things are slowly getting better. My energy isn't back yet, but I don't feel as bad as I did just this time last week, which is an improvement!

I'm so thankful for all the messages I've received and for all my friends who checked on me over the last couple weeks. I wasn't able to reply in the ways I wanted, or even at all at times, which I hate, but from the bottom of my heart: thank you. Even if I didn't reply individually or at all, every single message and the sentiments behind each one meant a lot to me. Thank you all. ❤️‍🩹

I finally got to play Mario Party Superstars with my dear friends @S.J. and @Dunquixote the other week! We first talked about playing together when the game first came out, but then life happened, so it was definitely long overdue!

Playing with them was so fun! We played on the Woody Woods board (my first time!), and thankfully there wasn't too much lag! I'm so happy I finally got to play with my girls, I definitely hope to play with them again sometime! 💜

My dad liked his Father's Day gift (the Minions plush I got him)! I should've known he'd like it since he loves anything Minions-related, but I was still a little worried. He's told me he cuddles with it whenever he naps. 🥹

I've received 4 of the artworks I've commissioned from Etsy, and still have 2 more I'm waiting on to look forward to! I normally only commission art from TBT artists and occasionally Ko-fi, so I've been a little nervous, but all of the artists I've commissioned so far have been communicative, kind and of course talented! I'm actually using one of the artworks as my avatar right now, and I'm very obsessed with it!! It's such a gift to get to see my persona in so many incredible artists' styles! I'm so excited to receive the last 2 coms, and to commission more artists in the future! So, so happy with all of my amazing new art!!

I played Among Us with some TBT homies the other week as well, and it was a lot of fun! I'm very happy about friendlies Among Us sessions being added to the TBT Neighbourly Games roster!

My mom and I put out birdseeds on our balcony, so Bonk's pigeon friends have been coming to visit her a lot more often, along with some other birds! She is of course very pleased about this. 🖤
IMG_8449.jpeg

I went out with my mom a couple times this past week, and the sky looked so pretty both times!
IMG_0475.jpeg
IMG_0476.jpeg
IMG_0484.jpeg

I became besties with Leo, Buttercup and Maron in Usagi Shima, and they gave me a guitar, a tart bed and a construction helmet respectively! I'm just working on becoming besties with Toshi and Cloud now! And deciding which 2 bunnies to invite to my island permanently...

@Xara I figured you would appreciated these.

View attachment 569501
View attachment 569502
View attachment 569503
Caught her mid-head shake in this one, but somehow it came out as one of the clearest photos.
oh that shirt is SO cute, I need it immediately!! and the deer oh my goodness... what a beauty she is! 2 of my biggest loves in one post, thank you for sharing with me!! 🥹

Belated happy anniversary to you and your husband!! May you both have many, many more wonderful, happy and healthy years together! 🩷

EDIT: I ended up getting a job offer! I was told I wasn't going to hear anything until Friday, but the hiring manager ended up liking my energy, so now I have a job. It's only three days a week and part time for now, but it's a paycheck. I'm excited. I think this job pays weekly, as well, so I should have another paycheck soon! It's retail!! (I'm just happy it's not a restaurant!)
I got a job! It’s for a hardware/home improvement store as a member of the fulfillment team part time. I feel like it’s gonna be a lot better for me than cashiering in retail stores was for me that was a nightmare. I had the interview yesterday and got hired immediately pending the drug test and that went through so I got the offer letter today and background check started today
I'm sorry I'm late, but I'm so happy you both were able to find work, and in environments that will hopefully be good and best suited for you both!! I hope these jobs are everything you both were hoping for and more, and that everything's going well so far!

Had a catnap today~
Finished some evidence paperwork finally. It's like 17 pages.
Got like 4 questions left of my admin course
Been watching dead by daylight videos in the background as I work.

Planning to work on some admin questions, organising bookmarks and play some games. Mainly animal crossing and old pokemon games. Since the pokemon shiny event, I've gone back to pokemon moon again~ Trying to breed a shiny purrloin. :D Meaning i might finlly go back to my nuzlockes too.

I ended up getting my PTO from my old job. I doubt I would’ve gotten it without the help of HR. I wasn’t expecting a deposit this morning either, so it was a nice surprise. I had twenty hours of PTO, so it would’ve sucked to lose it. That company’s policy was basically “use it or lose it” and they don’t pay it out to terminated employees or those who don’t finish their two weeks notice. I’m not sure what happened with the GM that fired me, but I’m happy that HR said it was taken care of!
My current job is going well. I have to familiarize myself with the location of things in the store, but aside from that, I think I’m doing well. It beats washing dishes and cleaning up after other people, lmao.

☆ I had a tennis lesson today and it was super fun! It was a two-person session with me and another student so I made a new friend today as well! It was good exercise and I am getting alot better every week, excited for the tennis team to start again in spring! 🤩🎾

☆ Today I played Style Savvy Trendsetter some more! I have really been loving the game since I unlocked the mens clothing! I love how I can offer both girls and boys clothes in this game through my own boutique! The game has been 10/10 so far (just like I remember!) other than the fact that Styling Star spoiled me and I feel like the days are too short now 😅🌕

☆ I have been practicing Spanish everyday for around three weeks at this point and I am getting really good! I am starting to notice the grammar and sentence structure so I am making fast progress! 📚📝

☆ I was looking through my recipes today and I think that tomorrow I'll bake a sponge cake with strawberries! I haven't made a desert in a few weeks. 🍰 👨‍🍳

Today was great! I got up and was productive at work, fed my kitties their favorite food, and exercised at the gym for a bit. Also had time to finish my dailies and content in my gacha games, as well as complete Sigewinne's story quest in Genshin Impact. I also played games with friends for a bit as well. I'm super looking forward to the Wuthering Waves 1.1 update. It's going to be a blast! 🥳

My mom is in her new apartment and she sounded happy when I talked to her! We'll probably visit her this weekend or sometime soon to make sure she's settling in and has everything she needs. It's such a relief to have her move go this well. Now if only my brother's move tomorrow will go equally well. He was supposed to move today too, but due to not getting his meds on time he wasn't able to handle it.

I had a really good massage therapy session today. It almost turned into more of a counseling session with me pouring out all the stress I've been under, but it was cathartic and I felt some of my anxiety ease afterwards.

My husband finally called a chiropractor about his neck pain. He's been putting it off due to my medical issues and not wanting to put a strain on us financially, but I'm so glad he's finally taking care of it. I hate seeing him in pain. ❤️‍🩹

Tomorrow is Friday! I'm ready for the weekend. I'm ready to put this crazy month behind me and get back to taking care of myself.

oh that shirt is SO cute, I need it immediately!! and the deer oh my goodness... what a beauty she is! 2 of my biggest loves in one post, thank you for sharing with me!! 🥹

Belated happy anniversary to you and your husband!! May you both have many, many more wonderful, happy and healthy years together! 🩷
Thank you, Xara! 🖤

I'm sorry you haven't been doing well lately, but I'm happy to see you back here posting again. The shirt came from teeturtle.com if you're interested. They have quite a few cute axolotl shirts.

Back