What Are You Happy About Today?

• Work went well yesterday. I basically shadowed someone the entire 9 hour shift. There was a limit to what I could do though because I couldn’t log in to the zebra scanner cause apparently it takes a day or so for new associates to be able to use those. I helped lift stuff, one of the orders was for 8 bags of 100lbs of concrete each so that was a lot but I had help. I ended up getting 22,000 steps throughout the shift which is almost 9 miles. I got a $10 tip from a customer for bringing out their stuff to their car. They said it’s fine to accept tips as long as you let management know afterward and how much. I ended up using it to buy a bottle of Gatorade and a Coke Zero sugar before I clocked out for the day because I had drank all my water for the day and didn’t want to get dehydrated from sweating so much.
  • My coworkers are really friendly. I’m happy about that. Seems like less drama than the places I worked before.
  • The job is a little overwhelming and I feel a bit out of my element especially as someone without warehouse experience, my main experience is as a cashier. but yesterday was only my first day on the sales floor I’m sure it will get easier over time with practice it was just a lot to take in all at once 😅 anyway I’m gonna do my best and learn 😊 I learned how to use a pallet jack. They’re a pain to operate for me at least but again I’m sure it will get easier with experience.
  • I got a couple hours of sleep, I was so exhausted when I got home. I have to head out to work again in about 4 hours from now, then I get the whole weekend off :)
  • I’m gonna have cocoa pebbles cereal for breakfast 😀

Yesterday was a great day. Had an early short shift at work. Was productive and able to get a head start on inventory prep.

It was a rainy afternoon. Was able to get some cleaning and laundry done. Aurora got her bath. Spent some time playing Pokémon Violet. Now have all eight gym badges on my first save. Also have one gym badge and one titan badge on my second. Spent the rest of the day relaxing as the next four work days will be long days getting ready for inventory on Monday. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Went to bed early last night so I could have breakfast and still got to my job interview on time (it was super early like 8:30am)

I think my interview went pretty well!

Went food shopping after the interview and got some nice things like cherries, chocolate protein powder, and aero mint coffee sachets 👀

Got home, had a bath and washed my hair (y)

Quick early post; might have more to post later 🙂.

I’m feeling much better than I was yesterday; I haven’t gone to bed yet 😅.

The doctor’s visit went well; he said that there is an improvement in my foot movement since my first visit 🙂.

I’m still having a lot of fun with Pokemon Violet & Sword. According to my pokedex tracker, I am almost 70% done with Violet’s pokedex. :D I found and caught that derpy ice cube penguin and the toucan pokemon that I wanted.

I’m happy that I have nowhere to go today. Yesterday i crashed after coming home from the doctor’s. It drained me completely.

Yesterday when I got out of the car after returning from the doctor’s, I saw a chipmunk outside. I love chipmunks so much ☺️; they’re so cute. We didn’t have any at our other house since we had hawks living nearby. I noticed recently that we have some baby squirrels too in our backyard! My cats get so excited watching the chipmunks, squirrels and birds 😸😹; been catching both my girls twitching and Spanky chattering her teeth

- my partner bought me a tank top that says "feeling zesty" on the front. It's gonna be my fav shirt for the summer. They also got me a couple other things cause our anniversary is coming up. We have gone through so many anniversaries and birthdays and ran out of gift ideas, so now instead we take each other shopping and then we can pick out exactly the stuff we want

- the weather looks like it's gonna be sunny this weekend

- I got my mom a couple new coffee mugs cause the one she got for mothers day got broken by accident. I bought back up cups cause we like to drop stuff

My brother moved into his new place and his payee transferred us the money for some new furniture he needs. I'm glad that's all done. It leaves me with a lot less to stress about.

We're going to see my mom on Sunday and help her get the last of her things out of her old apartment. While we were at the store tonight, I picked up a small vinca plant to give her as a housewarming present. The flowers are pink, purple, and white. She loves plants and I think it'll do well on her porch.

It's Friday! I had a calm workday and I have no plans for tomorrow.

Today went really well! Work went well and I had another meeting with my manager that went well, and then I played a TON of Wuthering Waves and finished the newest story as well as got Jinhsi built. Thought a lot of happy thoughts today thanks to the people I care about. Overall a solid day and I'm glad I get to sleep in tomorrow. Hoping everyone has a great weekend! 💜

Today was good; my mood dipped when I woke up from a dream, but I felt better pretty quick once I started playing Pokemon 🙂.

I unlocked 6 and 7 star raids today in Violet but didn’t do so good in the few attempts of the 7 star raid that I found 😅. I’m now working on building a Pokemon for it 🙂; one of the moves that I need requires me to beat one of the dlcs for the tm, but I’m going to try it without it for now rather than rush the dlc. Not a big deal if I don’t get this raid beat; I’m enjoying playing at the pace that I’m going 🙂

In Pokemon Sword, I made it to the city with the first gym :).

I got most of the starters in different languages now that can be transferred to sword or Violet :D.

I caught the snow leopard last night! :D I took a silly picture with my Perrserker before catching it. 🙂

IMG_7680.jpeg
IMG_7681.jpeg

I caught Spanky sleeping on the laundry downstairs again 😸😹. I love her so much 🥰

3E2AFD14-C163-4D23-9F4D-FACB83F20663.jpeg

Tomorrow my mom is going to make tacos for dinner :D.

I hope everyone had a great day today too ☺️.

- Went to the library, returned a few books, and picked up Good Omens by Neil Gaiman from there. I love the TV series so I’m looking forward to reading the source material.
- Ate some tasty Hawaiian food. I got a mixed plate with teriyaki chicken, macaroni salad, kalua pork, and white rice.
- Recieved a piece of artwork I commissioned of my witch OC Estelle! Still have to wait for one more. I also wrote a summary of the urban fantasy novel I’m planning on writing about her.

A few years ago I sat in the passenger seat of a car. My family was driving home from a restaurant. I saw the swirling traffic and in my head thought "I could never do this. It would be impossible for me".

Yet a couple days ago I was able to drive 20 minutes in traffic to my own doctor's appointment.

There's nobody I can tell it to individually, but I'm so proud of myself for overcoming my anxiety.

It's not perfect at driving. I'm definitely sloppy and rough around the edges. But I'm glad I could overcome my own self imposed limitations.

found someone who's uploading weezer b-sides and demos onto spotify as podcast episodes (maladrot by ouch) ;u;
plan to watch coldplay's set at glastonbury on TV in about 40 mins. manifesting death and all his friends + coloratura
hit max relationship hearts with artemis and hermes in hades. also found some other roguelike games that i do be interested in

• I was able to do some stuff on my own unsupervised at work yesterday. I know I wasn’t perfect but I’m learning. That’s what the first couple weeks are for anyway, learning and asking questions.

I lifted three bags of 80lbs each of concrete. So 240lbs total. By myself.

I’m not trained yet to use the power equipment so I have to ask for help when I need to get stuff that’s unreachable on top stock by a regular ladder. Once I get certified on the power equipment it will save time cause I won’t have to go searching for people to help me that are certified.

• I slept for 11 hours last night. I definitely needed it. I was so sore from the past two days of work. Also I took a 2 hour nap today. So 13 hours total of sleep 😅 felt good 😀
  • I like my coworkers, they’re very friendly and seem like they’re gonna be fun to work with.
  • I have today and tomorrow off 🎉 gonna enjoy watching some anime and spending time with my boyfriend

- Was a looong day at work today but thankfully managed to close on time (y) and I'm happy that I'm not working tomorrow! 😅 My next shift also ends at 12:45 so not too bad

- Heat wave is over it's now back to cold, rainy, winter-like weather again lol

- I finally got my long-awaited tax refund in the mail! The govt owe me a good amount of money because i was on the wrong tax code for like 6 months. 🙄 I was really surprised how easy it was to claim it too, literally 2 minutes. I think one good thing about the UK is that our government admin stuff is really quick and simple to do online. I also found out today I got paid a couple of days early 😌💸

- Made the decision that I should start driving lessons soon! I figured if I want to go travelling for a year or longer then I should probably learn to drive while I'm still in the UK, and my mum actually offered to pay for them which is super sweet of her (i think she's just relieved I actually want to learn, because she sees it as an essential life skill)

I like my current job, but it’s not as many hours as I’d like. I’m only getting twelve hours a week, and that’s if I get scheduled for it. I’m not scheduled at all next week. I put in some applications for cashier jobs (because as much as I act like I don’t have a preference, I find myself just wanting to be behind a register, haha). I ended up applying for cashier positions at other retail locations for more hours. This current job, however, is at least some source of income while I look. That’s better than no job at all. I’m sure I can get more hours elsewhere. I ended up having a few nice customer interactions while I was putting away a shoe cart at my job, though! One person complimented my hair and we talked about hockey among other things!!
I went over my mom’s house (I may or may not have really wanted to use the WiFi) and played with the neighbor’s cat. I found her outside and she came right up to me!!
IMG_6041.jpeg

🎺📯🎺📯 *dramatic music plays* 🎺📯🎺📯 Presenting! .... 🎇👱‍♀️🤝🎲🎇 Whaddup, everyone? I see lots of cats here a- OW... who put this bag of ceme- anyway... We see everyone's feeling happy (and sleepy) over here. 🥱 We're pretty happy too, right? 🎲❓ ...yeah... 👱‍♀️🤭 Heheheheh... 👱‍♀️😆 What are w- HEHEHEHEHE 👱‍♀️😂 Are you done? 🎲🙄 Yeah yeah yeah. 👱‍♀️😁 ANYWAY... What are WE happy about today? I'll go 1st. 🎙️🎲 I'm happy we spent the entire day up our own tree. 🌳🎲👱‍♀️ This tree is ours! Go find your own tree... or shrub. Whatever's most accessible for you. 🎲😏👱‍♀️😂 I'm happy we shared my poems and my art... for yoooouuuu. 👱‍♀️👃👈🎲 (boop!) I'm happy for all teh butterflies that are up here in our tree. 🦋🎲😊👱‍♀️😊🦋 I'm happy today for the bundle we'll be. 🧶 And that's we're happy: you and me. 👱‍♀️🤝🎲 Anything you wanna add to that? 🎲❓ ... Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe 👱‍♀️😂🤣😃😄😅😆🤭 Uhhh, okay. 🎲😅 OH! What's this doing here? 🍅🔍🎲 Looks like we're not quite finished being happy just yet... 🎲😉👱‍♀️😳

Wowie zowie! Good day for me today. ☀️
  • With help and double checking from my coworkers, I did significant work on a car! I'm still pretty slow, but thankfully it wasn't very busy. 🔧
  • This point is lengthy and a highlight of the day for me. Not about cars surprisingly! I had to get a couple of things at the grocery store after work. With a bit of spare time after, I went to Gamestop because why not. I looked through the shelves, particularly in the Playstation section. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they had a copy of Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown! 🛩️With a good price of $20 before taxes, I quickly snatched it and took it to the cash register to capture the opportunity of finally getting my hands to play it after initially seeing gameplay videos of it back in 2019. Yeah, this game was released five years ago and I didn't have a PS4 at the time. Even though I finally got the system in 2022, it wasn't until today that I got to buy this game. What great timing considering my interest in the Ace Combat series has been sparked again very recently trying to satisfy that itch to play. It's also got the same abbreviation of 'AC' like Animal Crossing lol. It may not look like it, but I've known the Ace Combat series for years now despite only owning a few games. I do have some early memories of watching my dad play Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception on the PSP seeing him fly the F-16C Fighting Falcon and also the F-14D Tomcat, the latter which I really liked to fly in the game! Fun fact: This game's setting is where the name of my island in ACNH originated: Aurelia!
I've been looking online for quite a bit to see if I could get a physical copy somewhere for cheap compared to paying it for full price on the Playstation store (and that I want to physically be able to hold a game in my hand). The best I could find was $31 not including shipping, so this wild find at Gamestop beats it by quite some margin! And no, I don't care about VR lol. Of course, I already played through a few missions and am enjoying it so far along with its plot. I'll have to talk more about my adventures another time!
Ace Combat 7 Skies Unknown box cover.png

For those curious, the aircraft seen on the cover is a F-22A Raptor!
  • I had some pizza for dinner. Yummy! 🍕
  • It's not very often that I mention this on here, but I really do appreciate having @/xSuperMario64x in my life. I love him so much.🥰💜

- Just got paid 60 bucks for watching my little brother. And by watching him, I mean sitting and writing in the kitchen while he's doing his thing in the basement
- I'm seeing Inside Out 2 with my boyfriend next week
- Progress on the EP I'm working on is going smoothly. I just finished the final draft of the lyrics for the first song and will be moving on to composing instrumentals soon

Back