What Are You Happy About Today?

I bought a few new shirts. I had to search, but I found some I did like. It's been difficult to find hockey shirts in particular since Fanatics signed a clothing deal with the NHL. I find their stuff to be poor quality, so I had to resort to other sports brands. The fact that I'm a minimalist, and my clothing has to be only somewhat subtle and have similar colors making it that much harder.
I'm happy that it's hockey season. I still have unrealistic expectations for the Kings, but good things have to happen eventually, right?
I've had these for a few weeks, but I had two custom keychains made of characters from my favorite shows. I'm really happy with them, especially the left one. From left to right, this is Gabby from Disventure Camp and Wayne from the Total Drama Reboot.
IMG_7376.jpeg

Last edited:
- Another pleasant autumn day!
- Work wasn't so bad yesterday, a little busy and stressful but ended up fine
- Did a 15 minute HIIT workout, changed my bedsheets, washed my hair, and had chilli cheese fries :)
- Happy that I only start work at 2:45pm tomorrow, and only doing a 5 hr shift, then i'm off for 2 days. I also should be visiting my brother on wednesday so should be nice :giggle:

Happiness is me rediscovering this... 🥹💙💜 I loved this so much. If I could only remember what specific event this backdrop debuted in (I think it was the Haunted Manor one, but I can't recall the actual name or what exactly we had to do in that event, for that matter) for some reason, all the Halloween activities just blend in together in my mind. I can't tell one yearly event from the other. I only ever remember the carnival one because of this one specific music I kept listening to during the event, and music helps me remember things more easily. RIP

But at least I have this for my viewing pleasure, fufufu~

1728836485299.png

- I went to my friends birthday party yesterday. Also her girlfriend is visiting from Britian so I got to meet her for the first time. She saw a black squirrel and was quite surprised cause apparently they only have grey or brown ones over there. I love when someone else appreciates or notices the squirrels. Also my other friend who I hadn't seen in years said I look like I haven't aged and it was the best thing I ever heard in awhile. Imma live off that compliment for months.

- I'm making a beef stew for Thanksgiving. Normally I would do a turkey but I'm burnt out so making a stew is just easier.

So very thankful for all the people who came from different states to try and help us get back to normal. So many came to help with getting power back and trees off the roads.
Thankful one of my aunts got her power back Friday night. We were able to go over there yesterday to shower and have lunch. Me and mom are also able to charge our phones . Portable chargers and my switch lites. So thankful for them.
I restarted my second island and have Fuchsia and Samson as starters.
We have most of the cleanup of our yard done just some small things to do tomorrow.
I started reading Long Live the Pumpkin Queen by Shea Ernshaw and really enjoying it. Now that places are starting to reopen we went out to dinner . We brought Aurora back some chicken and broccoli for dinner.
On our way home we were finally able to get gas for the car.
Hopefully we should have power by Thursday with any luck maybe sooner.
Hope you all day a good weekend and a great week ahead.

ohh my god I’m a little sad about the One Piece anime going on a six month hiatus, but what an episode to end things on omg… it was so good I’m giving it its own bulletpoint here!! actually had me crying for multiple different reasons 😭 Koby is so cool and so kind and I love him so much aaaaa

My family and I also caught up with Delicious in Dungeon today!! Another series I’m reallyyyy gonna miss until the next season releases… ;u; but we watched some more episodes of Haikyu as well!! at least with Haikyu we still have more seasons to catch up on ahahah. We watched a few videos on Youtube this evening too!

My mom already knew what she was getting for her birthday eheh, but I was able to surprise her with the wrapping! We have zero giftwrap or gift bags in the house, so she wasn’t expecting it to be wrapped at all, but I dug out some rainbow lineless paper and a bow with a large elastic band from one of my craft drawers, and was able to wrap it pretty cutely in the end!!

And I had fun in the Among Us session tonight!! ;v; had some good rounds as impostor hehe but was thankfully crew most of the time! also got engineer once and hid in a vent during a reactor sabotage waiting for a murder to happen. a murder did not happen but ONE DAY I will be able to dramatically burst from a vent and catch an impostor red-handed

Today ended up being okay 🙂. I had a lot of fun with Among Us even though I kept getting voting out as crew. I need to figure out how to improve even though I can’t really improve my memory and observation skills since I think they might be tied with some issues I have (mental health wise); not 100% sure though. I messed up as a scientist but was happy that someone explained to me what to do when there is someone dead. I feel embarrassed for calling a meeting, at the same time the things that are obvious to everyone else is not obvious to me unfortunately, so I thinj learning what to do was worth the small embarrassment as weird as that may sound. I’m really grateful for everyone’s patience since I’m still learning 🙂.

I’ve been playing more of Last Cloudia casually and have been enjoying it and enjoying Fate Go’s event 🙂.

Right now I’m playing Persona 5 Royal and having a lot of fun with it. I might do another playthrough after this one; I know I need to go back and finish other games including Pokemon Sword and Shield and the rest of Violet’s dlc. But right now, I’m feeling more in the Persona 5 mood; also trying to get ideas for my island from it since I liked the Persona 5 dream address that I found but I want to try to make it different, not to mention I don’t want to get rid of a few areas that I have made. Maybe just tweak them if I have to.

I have both my girls in my room too! ☺️

My friend and I went to the bookstore today and we looked in the manga section for the first time, we were really excited seeing all the different manga series they had available, I got a volume of Yu-Gi-Oh and she got the first volume of Haikyu!! that we're gonna share w/ our other friend who's into Haikyu!! We're hoping to complete the whole series :)

My mother hit 14 years of service with her job. All the company did was give her a sloppy copy and paste letter with my mother's name scribbled over it in sharpie.

So some of her coworkers wrote her a genuine multiple page 'thank you' letter made by hand.

Very warm feeling and it made my mother happy.

I'm glad today and yesterday were a good one for me. I've been feeling a bit depressed in the past few days, but I'm slowly getting better. 😌

October 13, 2024
  • Work has been fairly chill. one car came in for an oil change and it made me extremely happy getting to work on it. That car in question is a 1993 Volvo 240 Wagon (or Estate)! 🚗 Not only does this appear in Gran Turismo 7 (albeit with some differences such as being automatic instead of manual, wheel rims, etc.), but it also happens to be the same year model from the game AND the final year that Volvo produced the 240 series since it started back in 1974. 🤯 Anyways, it was definitely showing its age like any other old car would being. And since it was vibrating so much at idle, I couldn't really scope out how accurate the game version sounded. However, I'm personally impressed that it clocked well over 200,000km on the odometer. Yes, I genuinely get more hyped seeing a station wagon than a Lamborghini or a McLaren. I'd love to talk more about the 240 Wagon, but we'd be here for a while. 😅

• Despite the weather being cloudy, I decided to walk partway through on a slightly different path on the way home. It genuinely lifted up my spirits even if only for a little bit. Feel free to skip this bit, but I also managed to see the likes of a Ford Focus RS, a BMW i3 (lol), a Nissan 350Z, and possibly an Aston Martin V8 Vantage S!

• My mom and sister rearranged the dining room and living room while I was at work. It's very refreshing to see a change of layout in the house. Man, if only real life was just like AC where you can quickly pick up furniture with your hands and drop it wherever you wanted without breaking a sweat and completing your home design in record time lol. 🍃

• I played Among Us once again and it seems like imposters had a better time winning this session! Those shapeshifting imposters had really convincing alibis while also framing those who are innocent. Wrongfully voting out crewmates certainly didn't help with that either with most people being a victim of it lol. Regardless, it was still fun!

October 14, 2024
  • It's Thanksgiving Day here in Canada (happy Thanksgiving to all Canadians on here!) which means I'm off from work today!🍁 My family and I didn't do anything special aside from relaxing at home and a bit more cleanup.
  • I ended up getting a decent amount of sleep. While I was awake for almost a couple of hours early in the morning, I quickly made up for it by sleeping in until around 9am. 💤
  • I played Paper Mario The Thousand-Year Door again after quite some time and completed some sidequests. Even unlocked a couple of minigames for good measure!
  • I got some laundry done.
  • I played Gran Turismo 7. Ended up winning a free car as a part of the weekly challenges and it's pretty wack lol. 🚙
  • I cooked popcorn chicken and some sauteed beans for dinner. It's not grandiose like you would typically see in a Thanksgiving dinner, but my mom and sister liked it and that's what matters. ☺️
  • Played Among Us for the umpteenth time organized by @/Dunquixote! We only played hide and seek this time around since there weren't many people who showed up to play at the same time. However, that did not stop me from having my moment as the imposter where I chased down @/Xara and basically followed her for a minute. Meanwhile, @/BetsySundrop was spectating as a ghost, so you could imagine it was absolute terror all around. 🤣
Absolutely cooking up the suspense!
2024101421225400-93D8D2EB5261E7D48385E6390EC92E17.jpg

When I went to the mall with my sister over a week ago, we went inside a store and she found pairs of Among Us themed socks that got me laughing. Hey, how does it know that I'm the imposter?! For clarification, I typically play as cyan, so I personally feel attacked lol.
Imposter.png

It’s been a long tiring day but at least we now have power. They were thankfully able to get power back sooner than they thought. Still feel bad for all those that still don’t have power. We were able to finish the clean up around my house.
The power was on when we were done so it was nice to come in and get a nice shower.
Spent some time this afternoon reading my book and playing ACNH. Went out to dinner with my mom and a friend of ours. Will go grocery shopping sometime tomorrow now that we have power back.
Hope you all had a great day.

I got to work on Lostglade some more!! I’m starting to feel pretty good about how the beaches are coming along, and I’ve been steadily expanding Shara’s house! Although I’m starting to run low on funds… I may have to give in and start playing the stalk market again. I need turnips for cooking recipes anyway

I realized I hadn’t changed my phone wallpaper in a few months now, so I decided to switch it up today! Now that we’re getting into autumn, I thought it would be a perfect time to use some of my absolute favorite official art of Lupin from Code: Realize ;w; it’s been a long time, but some of you may remember this art from when I've used it as my pfp!!
yISFEjD.jpeg

And I watched Youtube with my parents for a little while this evening! We got to see SmallishBeans’ new Hermitcraft episodes and I love the recent intros with his and Lizzie's cute little dog omg 😭 who is, funnily enough, also named Meri lol

Back