• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

Had a really tough day, not much good happened, I had to get up super early for uni then take my dog to the vet again (he's very sick, he has to go in again tomorrow morning for all-day tests). But one thing that brought me some happiness was that a man gave me his bus ticket as he was getting off the bus, so I didn't have to pay the £5 to get home. That random act of generosity really can turn a bad day into an average day :)

- Work has been great today.
- I'm headed to martial arts practice soon (as long as there aren't any tornadoes this time, lmao).
- The sun is shining and it's starting to get warmer.
- I've decided to start maining Klee in Genshin Impact. She's already max level for me, so why not.
- The Dallas Mavericks take on the Houston Rockets at home tonight. Unless the Mavs just shoot terrible shots all night long, they should be able to win (the Rockets are terrible this year, lol).

Had a really tough day, not much good happened, I had to get up super early for uni then take my dog to the vet again (he's very sick, he has to go in again tomorrow morning for all-day tests). But one thing that brought me some happiness was that a man gave me his bus ticket as he was getting off the bus, so I didn't have to pay the £5 to get home. That random act of generosity really can turn a bad day into an average day :)
I'm really sorry to hear about your dog. I hope they can find out what's wrong and treat it so he'll be alright.

Today I'm happy because:
- I slept pretty deeply last night, although still not for long enough.
- I'm glad I got so much accomplished at work yesterday because I had all-day meetings today and finished absolutely nothing.
- I had a good session with my massage therapist today.
- My dog cuddled with me this evening on the couch.

haven’t been too active the past couple days as i’ve just been focusing on recovering from my food poisoning, but i’m thankfully feeling a lot better now! still not 100%, but i’m getting there!

monday (03/21)
started rewatching an old favourite show from my childhood. it’s silly, but its made me laugh a lot and has really helped me feel better while food poisoning kicks my butt.
got caught up on a fanfic i haven’t read in a while, and the 2 chapters that i missed were both fantastic!
discovered a new favourite tiktok.

tuesday (03/22)
cuddled with my sweet lil alize. <3
the second photo is everything. i am obsessed with her. 🥺
0AF91F4B-E8A0-4627-9EA2-F366E2561042.jpeg
FDF1DA22-559B-47E7-97BA-11E2C9841E80.jpeg
my 2 packs of series 5 animal crossing amiibo cards from amazon arrived!! out of the 12, i only got 2 new cards, but i literally don’t care because...
I GOT WARDELL I GOT WARDELL I GOT WARDELL I GOT WARDELL I GOT- 😭
5453C198-7FCA-484B-A6D8-2649FB85B3BF.jpeg

of course, i’m also very happy about mabel, but W A R D E L L.
discovered a new favourite song!
read 3 new fanfics that i enjoyed!

wednesday (03/23)
ordered 3 packs each of series 1, 2 and 3 animal crossing amiibo cards, and they were shipped today as well!! i don’t own any cards from those series, so i’m really excited to see who i’ll get!! i also managed to help someone else order a few packs!
the 3 packs of series 4 animal crossing amiibo cards i ordered from gamestop also arrived today!!
i didn’t really get anyone particularly exciting, but i’d say i got a pretty good bunch! i’m super relieved that i didn’t get any duplicates, and i’m really happy about getting mr. resetti’s and timmy’s cards! i love unlocking npc posters in acnh. 😊
69C7914B-12AB-41B6-A013-A47359C4F784.jpeg
cuddled with alize. 🖤
finally did something that i’ve been meaning to do for over a year now.

I’m proud of my community today, and that made me happy. Our city lifted mask mandates today, and on my way to work I assumed only about 10% of people would still be wearing them…amazingly about 90% of patients and all staff still had their masks on.
reading this made me feel really good. it sounds like you’re a part of a great community... wish the people in my city were like this lol.

• I have been talking a lot to someone I dated when we were high school together. We live in different states now (he's stationed in Kansas (he's in the military) and doing rotations in Poland, and I live in New York) Anyway, he's gonna try to visit me when he gets back. We're going to see if we can make a relationship work somehow with us being at a distance for now and him traveling a lot in the Army. He's a really good guy. We both weren't really mature enough for a relationship back when we dated, but we've both grown and matured a lot since then and might give it another try.
reconnecting with an ex once you’ve both grown is honestly such an amazing thing. i hope things work out for you guys! 💗

My commission from lana came in <33333 💖❤️💖❤️
your avatar is adorable!! lana is such an incredible artist. 🥰

that was such a kind thing for that man to do! we need more people like him in the world.

i’m so sorry to hear that your dog is still sick, though. did the medication help at all? 😕❤️

Last edited:
I wasn’t having the best day today but I’m in bed with some tea and my little cat came up to me meowed and is laying on my lap 😭 she is passed out asleep so relaxed she never lays on my lap only ever next to me❤️ it’s the 2 year anniversary of my male kitten passing in a few days so it really means a lot to me her cuddling me🥺

haven’t been too active the past couple days as i’ve just been focusing on recovering from my food poisoning, but i’m thankfully feeling a lot better now! still not 100%, but i’m getting there!

monday (03/21)
started rewatching an old favourite show from my childhood. it’s silly, but its made me laugh a lot and has really helped me feel better while food poisoning kicks my butt.
got caught up on a fanfic i haven’t read in a while, and the 2 chapters that i missed were both fantastic!
discovered a new favourite tiktok.

tuesday (03/22)
cuddled with my sweet lil alize. <3
the second photo is everything. i am obsessed with her. 🥺
View attachment 434735View attachment 434736
my 2 packs of series 5 animal crossing amiibo cards from amazon arrived!! out of the 12, i only got 2 new cards, but i literally don’t care because...
I GOT WARDELL I GOT WARDELL I GOT WARDELL I GOT WARDELL I GOT- 😭View attachment 434737

of course, i’m also very happy about mabel, but W A R D E L L.
discovered a new favourite song!
read 3 new fanfics that i enjoyed!

wednesday (03/23)
ordered 3 packs each of series 1, 2 and 3 animal crossing amiibo cards, and they were shipped today as well!! i don’t own any cards from those series, so i’m really excited to see who i’ll get!! i also managed to help someone else order a few packs!
the 3 packs of series 4 animal crossing amiibo cards i ordered from gamestop also arrived today!!
i didn’t really get anyone particularly exciting, but i’d say i got a pretty good bunch! i’m super relieved that i didn’t get any duplicates, and i’m really happy about getting mr. resetti’s and timmy’s cards! i love unlocking npc posters in acnh. 😊
View attachment 434738
cuddled with alize. 🖤
finally did something that i’ve been meaning to do for over a year now.

reading this made me feel really good. it sounds like you’re a part of a great community... wish the people in my city were like this lol.

reconnecting with an ex once you’ve both grown is honestly such an amazing thing. i hope things work out for you guys! 💗

your avatar is adorable!! lana is such an incredible artist. 🥰

that was such a kind thing for that man to do! we need more people like him in the world.

i’m so sorry to hear that your dog is still sick, though. did the medication help at all? 😕❤️
Awwwww thanks Xara <333333

Thank you! ❤️
Post automatically merged:

• I went grocery shopping today. I was avoiding it due to anxiety, and I had a panic attack while I was there today, but I was able to get everything on my list then take the bus home. I'm glad I made myself go finally because I really needed some more food.
  • Got stuff to make meatball subs! Have been craving them for a long time now
  • Had some vanilla pirouette cookies with coffee today. They're these long wafer cookies filled with vanilla creme, I believe they have chocolate ones too. They're by the brand Pepperidge Farm, they're good

It's always great to hop by here and see all of the good news you all had happen! You all deserve those good days.

Despite the rain, I've been able to stay on schedule with all of my side-work plans and everything seems to be going off without a hitch. That's honestly the best news since I really don't want to have to set aside the only day I will have to enjoy myself for these annoying jobs I really don't want to do to begin with haha.

I ordered myself a pizza and am going to watch Back to the Future since it's been a while since I last saw it.

And with everything going according to plan, I'm setting aside my day off to get back into writing my original stories and practicing drawing.

Today I'm happy because:

- I survived a super stressful day of work and got a lot accomplished despite having to spend the entire day multi-tasking.
- I took my dog to the vet for his annual check-up and everything was great. The vet said he's really healthy, the perfect weight, and even his teeth look good. My dog wasn't too happy about the visit, but I'm glad we got it done and now he's all set until next year.
- The weather was really beautiful today, warm and sunny. I appreciated it a lot after it rained all day yesterday.
- Tomorrow is Friday and then it's the weekend!

Apparently work was real ugly tonight so I’m lowkey glad I was off. My dad told me everyone was having a terrible night.
I was paid from my job today and it was a lot more than I thought it would be, honestly.
I slept very well but ended up taking a nap while my dad was at work. I hope I’m able to sleep enough before I work tomorrow so I’m not insanely tired.

I’m just relaxing and playing NHL 22 right now, and having fun with it.

I didn't post yesterday because I simply wasn't in a good mood after what had happened. Thankfully, today is a different story and felt very happy today, despite having a hard time sleeping last night.
  • I had a doctor's appointment and everything went well. I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly I was called in even though I arrived at least 10 minutes early. It may not be much, but I'm thankful for the free healthcare aspect even when just going for a checkup.
  • I played GT Sport and did some drift trials. While I'm absolute garbage at drifting, seeing the points rack up very quickly when doing well is satisfying. I also managed to complete a race event that lasted an hour in total. Challenging myself to only pit once in the entire race felt good as shifting gears early, coasting before braking, and adjusting the fuel mix helped reduced the number of pit stops I needed to make, especially on a track that's mainly focused on high speed which consumes fuel at a quicker rate.
  • I added some more music to my playlist when driving. That should keep things refreshing for a bit.
  • Feel free to skip this point. I had to go somewhere during the evening and it was getting dark. Before I entered the main road, I saw a 2018 Ford Focus RS. Even if I didn't get the year model and trim right, it's definitely got a sporty rear wing and striking blue paint like the image I've linked to. Once I was done with my errand and drove back home, I most likely saw a Dodge Viper SRT-10 passing through an intersection with its year model range being somewhere from 2002 to 2007. Why it took me this long to finally spot a Dodge Viper is beyond me, but I'm glad I did. If it weren't for that random Honda Civic driving through the same path I was planning to head to requiring me to make a small detour, I wouldn't have seen it at all. That Viper definitely didn't dodge me this time LOL.
  • I had a conversation with my sister for at least half an hour about the school memories we both had. We pretty much laughed a lot looking back at them and had a great time.
  • the 3 packs of series 4 animal crossing amiibo cards i ordered from gamestop also arrived today!!
    View attachment 434738
    Please excuse me for typing in all caps, BUT IS THAT QUEENIE?!?! My eyes were the size of pancakes when I saw her!

Posting a little later than usual tonight, because one of my cats decided to be a total cuddlebug this evening. He usually only wants a brief cuddle in the morning, but he just climbed into my lap all of the sudden, made biscuits for a few minutes, and then stretched out and went to sleep for at least an hour. ;v; I may be up later than I wanted to be because of it, but I just didn't have the heart to make him get up.
I downloaded Fantasy Life (+ the DLC) and Style Savvy: Styling Star onto my 3DS! I've heard good things about both and wanted to make sure I got them before the 3DS eShop starts getting phased out.
Did some level-grinding in DQVII and got ahold of a couple pieces of really good equipment from DLC tablets, so I should hopefully be ready to take on the first post-game dungeon next time I play!🤞

Back