• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

Not like happy about it, but it's nice that all of the bulk stuff I ordered off of Amazon showed up today. I knew it was all coming, but it's nice to have them in my possession now. Nothing fancy or cool, just a memory pillow, insoles for my shoes since the old ones wore out to nothing, and so forth. Lots of nice stuff I've been being cheap on, but caved in for my health's sake. What's the point of saving if years down the road I get back-pain, messed up feet, ect for being so frugal.

This might be kinda silly but the new Kirby header and the kirbyfied eggs really made me happy even though I have only played one kirby game, Kirby’s Dreamland as a kid; I still appreciate Kirby :). Today started off not good and still dealing with a lot of depression, but seeing this and the excitement in the kirby thread really cheered me up a lot. 🙂
Not silly at all. Sometimes the most funny and wholesome April Fools jokes are the best. I mentioned it a few times, but I had this one online game that tricked people into thinking they got 1million exp each time they killed any kind of baddie. You were actually only getting 1 exp even though the image stated otherwise. It was kind of funny seeing everyone's reaction.

Today I'm happy because:

- I made it through a difficult day of work today and completed enough work to feel like I accomplished something.
- The sun was out today and I watched some birds in the backyard this morning.
- I received another kind and positive message from @Mr_Keroppi that brighten my day, plus a few bells Star Coins.
- The Kirby theme for today is a really cute idea for April Fool's Day and I love seeing everyone having fun with it.
- I had a good counseling session today and she praised how far I've come since I first started seeing her.
- I had a delicious mushroom cheeseburger for dinner.
- My dog was being cute and playful for attention today.
- My mom got paid today so I hope she was able to have a nice day out with my aunt and her friend. They had already planned it but then she was worried about money.
- It's Friday and I'm looking forward to the weekend when I get to sleep late and watch anime.

I received a very kind message and some bells from @Mr_Keroppi this morning. It brought a smile to my face, especially since my Friday’s at work are always hectic.
I bought a new hat with my $100 card I received in the mail. It was a hat that I already owned, but my other one was five years old and has seen better days, lol.
I’m glad everyone is having fun with the Kirby themed forum today. Pink is certainly not my favorite color, but this particular shade suits the forum nicely.

posting a bit early so that i don’t forget, but today was pretty good! probably the best day i’ve had all week so far tbh. 😅💗

got high.
was able to fix an issue i’ve been having with the twitter app. i hadn’t been able to see comments for a few days for some reason (which probably sounds like a blessing to some people lmao), but thankfully deleting and reinstalling the app resolved whatever the problem was.
saw a meme on tumblr that made me laugh, and discovered a new favourite tiktok.
changed my calendar to april! i’m honestly really proud of myself for doing this considering i usually don’t change it until the month’s practically over, if i even bother to change it at all. 😭
cuddled with alize. <3
received another lovely message and some tbt star coins from the incredibly kind @Mr_Keroppi! thank you sm again! 💚
tidied up my room a bit.
did some self-care.
changed my aesthetic up a bit in honour of the staff’s kirby april fools day joke! i usually don’t have the energy to do stuff like this, and i hate spontaneously changing my aesthetic since finding one i actually like takes forever and frustrates me a bit, but i’m glad i participated in the joke a bit today! i’ve honestly never played a kirby game, but the pink forum theme + kirbified collectibles are really cute. i’m also lowkey hoping that the kirbified zipper in the banner is a hint that this year’s easter egg hunt will be starting soon. 👀
it’s finally friday!! i hope i’ll get to sleep in tomorrow lol.
had spaghetti bolognese, caesar salad and a slice of strawberry cheesecake from the pickle barrel for dinner! the salad and cheesecake were both okay, but the spaghetti bolognese was absolutely delectable. like, lowkey one of the best meals i’ve ever had, it was so good. 🤤
read a new fanfic that i enjoyed and that was written by one of my favourite writers!

I got into a relationship? Feels unreal, ngl.
ayeee, congrats!! i hope everything works out for you guys. 🥰

My friend gave birth to a wonderful little girl! She is so cute!
awee, congrats to your friend!! wishing her, her baby and the rest of her family nothing but the absolute best. may they remain happy and in good health. 💗

Last edited:
My late post for today!
  • I played GT Sport and have yet again completed another endurance racing event. I did some time trials too afterward.
  • I had a tasty dinner!
  • I made significant progress on my drawing today! For a separate one, I managed to make another one which is another car! But there's one tiny problem. There's this certain pink puffball that went full-on mouthful mode and ended up driving away with it. How am I supposed to finish it now since I don't have a reference for it? If any one of you sees Kirby driving a light blue classic Fiat 500F, can you confront him and return the car to me, please? If not, I hope he gets stuck on a steep hill since that old Fiat only has roughly 16HP. He deserves to be stranded lol. Jokes aside, I did finish the drawing with Kirby on top of it. I'm thinking of doing more of this in the future if I ever decide to draw more cars just for the laughs!

The only Kirby game I've played was Super Star Ultra on the Nintendo DS, but just the same I really enjoyed the April Fool's Day joke rise of our new pink overlord on here, and everybody joining in on it helping the site transition to a Kirby forum!
On a similar note, I had a lot of fun with the April Fool's event in Fall Guys, and managed to get all the cosmetics from it too! Hex-A-Gone with 40 players was absolute madness and I loved it.
I also survived the first five intermediate difficulty islands in New Leaf's Desert Island Escape! I had to retry one, but otherwise I've been doing well with these so far. c:

The tillandsia I bought online on Thursday got delivered today! 😁 It feels odd to be so happy over plants but I can't help it. I love them. I could stare at them all day. These are hybrids I don't already own.

tilly-flabellataxbrachy-b.jpg

A hybrid of flabellata and brachycaulos. This one is spiking ie it's going to bloom. The inflorescence is so red. Very excited for the flowers which should be purple. After a tillandsia blooms, it starts giving pups. This is the greenest air plant I have. Most of mine are silvery because of an abundance of trichomes on the leaves.
tilly-caputmedusaxbrachy-b.jpg

Look at those gorgeous silvery leaves! This is a hybrid of caput medusa and brachycaulos. The leaves are fat and stiff and feel fuzzy. Love its form.

- Traded for some UC pets the past few days despite the artwork chaos on Neopets. Feels good and they got cool names!
- Got myself stuff so I can make nachos later.
- Seems my Japanese magazines are in Sweden even though customs won't admit it lmao.

the staff has kept the forum grass pink and I actually couldn't be happier 😭

also have a new drawing idea for a character which I haven't drawn since 2017, and I'm gonna go into my toyhou.se page today and finally update some character profiles :)

it's my best friend's birthday!! we're going out to one of my favourite restaurants & i'm really looking forward to it! i also only have one more day of work left until i finish for good! i'm v content rn, a full month off until my new job (which i'm so excited to start)

One of my favorite artists replied to a comment I made on one of their recent artworks :D.

I saw Spanky’s tail get extremely poofy; I think she was startled seeing my sister’s dog even though she has seen her all day yesterday and probably today when my sister and her family got here. Unfortunately, I did not get a picture. I feel bad she was startled, but I can’t help but think her tail was cute, considering how small it usually is.

Finally seeing some more progress on my drawing even though I didn’t get much chance to draw yesterday. Right side of it is almost halfway done; minus polishing it up and further shading that is needed. I think I’m much happier with that part of the background, now that I got more of the details down. :)

Just had dinner and my mom made these biscuits that I really liked and was hoping she’d make again :).

I’m also excited about the artwork that I just commissioned @LittleMissPanda for ☺️.

- I had a really relaxing and good day at home despite being tired. The weather was nice too!
- I've been through a rollercoaster of emotions in the past few days. For the longest time since my mom passed two years ago, I kept working hard, but didn't want to accept that I have to keep going forward. But I know I have to now, and I will. It's what she would have wanted.
- Our tortoise-shell kitty, Maybellene, wanted in my room and then slept on my bed. I got a picture. She's so cute! :D

VrWOPzv.jpg

I saw Spanky’s tail get extremely poofy; I think she was startled seeing my sister’s dog even though she has seen her all day yesterday and probably today when my sister and her family got here. Unfortunately, I did not get a picture. I feel bad she was startled, but I can’t help but think her tail was cute, considering how small it usually is.
it's especially funny when a cat with an already fluffy tail gets started, it transforms into full fluffed out corn dog mode 🤣

I didn't get everything done today that I wanted to get done, but I got a decent amount done thank goodness. I honestly didn't expect myself to be able to do everything, but by giving myself more than expected then I feel like I can get more done and I feel more accomplished. once I get my clothes put away I can relax and start working on my drawing ☺️

Today I'm happy because:

- I didn't have to work today and got to sleep in this morning.
- I did get several hours of deep sleep last night.
- The weather was nicer today, a bit warmer and sunny.
- I was able to relax most of the day and watched another episode of Shadows House.
- My dog curled up next to me on the couch and was very loving today.
- It's felt like Sunday all day, but then I remember it's Saturday and I still have another day off tomorrow.

With the help of the great members here, I was able to get all of the items I wanted/needed for my NH island. You all helped me out big time, so thank you! I believe only Xara and Panda hop by this thread, so thanks so much you two. You helped me out a lot!

Btw I really liked your villagers style xara.

@CrankyCupcake Hey that looks cool! I think my aunt bought one of those recently. It's like this plant that's a root. I think she called it an air root??? Where you just get it a little damp on the end and re-damp it the following week or something. I could be way off, but it looks so similar. I thought it was pretty cool anyway!

@Dunquixote Your cat getting their tail all big and puffed up reminds me when Penny was begging to go outside. She likes to run and roll around in the grass. Anyway it was snowing hard, so I knew she wouldn't want to, but wanted to see her reaction. I opened the door, she charged towards the door, and as soon as she saw the heavy snow falling and foot of snow, she skid on her butt and ran back to the fireplace haha. I was lucky enough to take a video of it.

I picked these up a few nights ago. They are a lot better than I thought they would be. I forgot to check the alcohol intake before purchasing them, so you can imagine I let out a sigh of relief it was only 5%. I can’t handle much more than that, probably due to how thin I am. They taste exactly like the slushies you get at gas stations.
E45531AE-B4E0-4F64-A415-CD9CA51D320F.jpeg
Last night, despite it being April, it was kind of chilly out. The temperature changed from really hot to sort of cold over the course of a few minutes. My work area is close to the back door, so it gets cooler back there. So this girl actually hugs me and gives me her jacket?? I’m screaming, lol. A lot of things have been going over my head with this girl but I’m back to reality now. As if us locking eyes like 15 times yesterday and her staring at me every time I clock in wasn’t enough to tell me how she feels lol. 🙃
I slept very well last night despite waking up halfway through my slumber. Total, I did get about nine hours of sleep, though, which makes me happy. Here’s to some more decent sleep tonight.

@CrankyCupcake Hey that looks cool! I think my aunt bought one of those recently. It's like this plant that's a root. I think she called it an air root??? Where you just get it a little damp on the end and re-damp it the following week or something. I could be way off, but it looks so similar. I thought it was pretty cool anyway!

I'm stumped. 😅

It doesn't sound like the tillandsia I'm familiar with. Air plants require watering on the leaves because the trichomes on the leaves are how the moisture and nutrients are absorbed. Mostly people water them by misting, dunking or soaking. Air plants don't always have roots but, when they do grow them, an air plant's roots are purely for anchoring themselves to another plant, rock, etc. The roots are not how the plant takes in water. Roots can be trimmed off completely and this won't affect the plant's growth at all.

Your aunt's plant does sound intriguing! If you have a picture of it, I'd love to see.

Back