• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

I played Mario Kart Wii online for the first time since like 2012-2013 and two wild things happened:
1. I picked coconut mall and that's the one that was picked
2. I actually got first place???

I mean there were only like 3 other people racing but it was some pretty tough competition! and yet the funky kongs with their flame runners can never outrun the Wah Man himself 😁

my adrenaline is sky high now bc playing online gives me anxiety but gdi that was fun

Today I'm happy because:

- March is finally over, or it will be in a few hours! I always have a million things to do in March so I'm hoping April will be a little more chill.
- It didn't rain all day like the forecast predicted. The sun actually came out this afternoon for a little while and it was quite warm.
- I managed to stop by my office and get my badge reactivated so I can start going back in next week.
- I made it through both my dentist appointment and doctor appointment without any major issues.
- I weigh 136lbs right now, which isn't as bad as I thought.
- I saw a bunny in my backyard while walking my dog this evening.
- My dog cuddled up next to me on the couch this evening.
- Tomorrow is Friday and then it's the weekend again. Yay!

I haven't posted here in the past few days, but that's okay!

Over the past few days
  • I played GT Sport and managed to upload my custom decal and placed it on a RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7 on the side! It was Sterling holding up a sign saying "Sterling says hi!" lol. I ended up doing a time trial with that said car and managed to string together a decent lap time. Eventually, I completed an endurance race event and was pleasantly surprised by how challenging it is despite buffing a race car's performance. Basically, I had to stay on track without making any major mistakes, overtake opponents, keep a consistent pace, and manage fuel at the same time. I'm glad I didn't have to make a pit stop at all even though the race lasted for an hour. And I was on edge since my tires were pretty much done with low fuel, while my opponents were catching up in the final few minutes with the gap climbing down to three seconds. Thankfully, the AI didn't have a high IQ and pitted in to refuel instead lol. Had they been a little smarter with their fuel, I would've been a sitting duck. Winning is winning, so I'll absolutely take it!
  • I cooked popcorn chicken, and I somehow managed to make it tastier than I've done in the past. Even my family loved it!
  • On a separate day, I and my mother baked chicken thighs and rice mixed with butter and a couple of spices! I gotta say, it still tasted really good, even though the recipe was supposed to have mushrooms and had to improvise.
  • It's been getting a little warmer to the point that I only needed to wear a sweater. And with sunny skies? Yes, please!
  • I've dealt with a few things in preparation for next week. I'm not done yet, but at least I got it started so I don't have to worry about it too much.
  • I had some doughnuts from Krispy Kreme! It's been a few months since I ate them.
  • It sounds silly, but I'm glad that @Dunquixote is around here again. I missed them so much!
Today (March 31, 2022)
  • I had to complete a couple of errands and drove somewhere all by myself. Not only was it sunny (even though the weather kept changing for some reason lol), but the temperature was at a pleasant 14 degrees celsius. There were so many doggos today, including an extremely fluffy samoyed!... I think I ended up driving roughly 100km today, which is roughly half the average distance of the endurance race events I've been slowly completing on GT Sport. I got to vibe with a lot of music because of this!
  • I ended up getting a little bit of exercise walking around completing what I had to do today.
  • Feel free to skip this point. While I already spotted a Mazda Miata MX-5 NB and a Lamborghini Aventador before, it's still very nice to see them.
  • There's this lovely art that someone made of Turning Red in the style of Super Mario Bros. 3! It's very fitting considering both of them have something to do with raccoons/pandas. I discovered it a few days ago to be honest, but it still makes me smile, especially when the first video game I've ever played in my life was Super Mario Bros. 3. :)
Here's the source!
FOkoV7QWUAkr53e.jpg
  • I had a short nap. I was actually a little cranky when I woke up but after having dinner, I felt happier in the end. Perhaps I was feeling hangry without realizing it lol.
  • I did a little bit of drawing today, even though it's just a few lines here and there for a warmup. It's a part of a small project I'm planning to do. Even though I finish one drawing, there's still a long way to go. Though, I'm 100% sure it'll be worth it in the end!
I feel like it's been a long day for me. I'm going to sleep now. :sleep:

today was uninteresting, but it was also pretty good! 😊

discovered a new favourite tiktok and watched a tiktok that made me laugh.
went to all 3 of my classes, completed an assignment, and answered 2 questions correctly out-loud in one of them! 😀
🧑🏻🚬🍃
tidied up my room a bit
read 5 new fanfics that i enjoyed.
cuddled and played with alize. <3
not my dad holding his empty beer can up to her and making it seem like she’s taking a sip from it. 😭
97D8859D-7714-42BF-8821-D852083B68F8.jpeg
tomorrow’s friday!!

Currently at my airport and going to NYC for the first time!!
ayeeeee, nice!! i hope you have an amazing time! make sure to pick me up a souvenir. 😉🤣💗

Didn't post this yesterday, but I did get to play a little bit more Legends: Arceus! ^^ Just completed a few research tasks and recovered a few more player satchels—the Sandgem Flats definitely felt like a bit much for me at the level I'm at, but I'm glad I was able to get the satchel and make it back out safely. I may or may not have had to employ the super pro-gamer "run screaming" strategy. As for today...

My clear file storage folder and blind box set arrived!! The folder is an absolutely perfect fit for the clear files I had, and I'm glad to have a safe place to keep them now, since they were taking up a lot of dresser space before. I was also able to get all the highest-priority buttons I wanted from the blind box set this time around, including a couple duplicates that I've added to my ita bag! There was one more button I was hoping to get, but it wasn't my main priority and thankfully I already have the same art on an acrylic charm, so I'm still quite satisfied. c:
I played some more of the Desert Island Escape minigame in New Leaf, and have successfully survived all of the beginner-level islands now! We'll see how I do on the higher difficulty ones. 😅
Aksys Games announced that they're going to localize Jack Jeanne, and after looking into some reviews/summaries of the Japanese version, I'm already feeling very hopeful/excited for this one!! I think I'll definitely be pre-ordering once it becomes available. What's also exciting is that this is a title from Broccoli, who iirc previously were totally against releasing their games in the West, so it's gotten me feeling more hopeful for a possible localization for the Kamigami no Asobi Switch port too. 🥺
Speaking of which, I finished my re-watch of the KamiAso anime! I just adore this series, and the play episode absolutely kills me everytime, ahaha. ;v;
Got some more desktop wallpapers! I've been on a roll recently.
And speaking of rolling, I spotted one of the neighborhood cats rolling around on his back in the backyard, which was seriously cute.
I was also able to finish reading volume 8 of Durarara!! today, and I'm looking forward to starting volume 9!

- Had a fun game of Call of Cthulhu.. my character almost died lol
- Printed and cut out a pattern to make a tote bag! because the cheap purse that I bought a couple years ago is falling apart
- Got some really nice new running shoes.. they're so comfyyyyyyÿy
- Gonna have a yummy dinner tonight woohoo

I'm happy because a good friend of mine @Dunquixote recently shared some kitty pics with me and kitties always make my day 🥰💞

It's a rainy morning today and on my way to work I spotted worms all around the sidewalk here and there. I love worms 🐛💞 I love how slimy, cold and wriggly they are. If only my neighborhood had ponds, maybe I could find some frogs 🐸

While playing Legends Arceus yesterday I was messing around with a mass outbreak of Braviary and MAN are they aggressive and fast 😬 zoom ZOOM!! It was actually kinda scary 😅 and the next thing I knew I'm battling and catching a shiny Braviary. That thing looks sick af 🕊️✨

Listening to my favorite video game music always makes me happy 🎶 it puts me in the mood to draw.

Going to write a new chapter for my fanfic this weekend 💕

New month, new lineup ☺️💕🌸🍀 showing off one of my most beautiful gardens using my 2021 Kaleidoclover~ I've been excited for months and now it has bloomed at last 🌷

I watched the first Sonic the Hedgehog film last night and I enjoyed it. No I’m not going to see the second one at cinema I’d rather wait till it’s on DVD.

I turned over my animal crossing Calendar to April today :)

I hoovered around today 😄

And I chatted to some of my friends 🤍

-I've been wanting to switch my aesthetic to FNAF, but I was too worried I'd seem weird or something. I finally got the courage to today and I'm really liking it. I really overthink stuff too much, but I'm trying to break that habit.
-Got a nice surprise when I saw a Kirby tree on the homepage. It made me laugh a bit.
-My mom changed my MHA calendar to April for me this morning since I always forget my calendar exists lol.
-My cat was attacking my hand under a blanket. I thought it was cute.

Just about at the end of my second last week in my current job.

I finally got the courage to tell my follow coworkers about leaving. - I have been stressing over saying it all week so it's a relief to finally have it over with. It went well too (My boss has known about it since last week).

Also it's Friday so the weekend is soon yay. I'm getting close to done my first large diamond painting so I'm hoping this weekend will give me enough time to finish it or at least close to. :)

• My library branch created a new policy to not give late fees anymore, you will still have to pay if you lose or damage an item but as long as you return your items you won't get late fees anymore.
  • I'm ordering this cute scratching post for my cat, pictured below :)
  • I'm about to watch some more Pokémon Sun and Moon

Attachments

• 81hPFqg9+rS._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81hPFqg9+rS._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 3
I was hoping that there would be a demo for the new Kirby game on the eshop (if family video was still around I would rent it from there but alas) and sure enough there is a demo!! I downloaded it, I'll prob try it out later today or tomorrow. I honestly don't know much about Kirby besides the stuff from smash bros and what little I've played of Kirbys Adventure on NES, but I'm hearing lots of good things about The Forgotten Land so I'm excited to try the demo! maybe this will be another game I can add to my wishlist! :)

This might be kinda silly but the new Kirby header and the kirbyfied eggs really made me happy even though I have only played one kirby game, Kirby’s Dreamland as a kid; I still appreciate Kirby :). Today started off not good and still dealing with a lot of depression, but seeing this and the excitement in the kirby thread really cheered me up a lot. 🙂

Back