• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

I played some more Desert Island Escape in New Leaf and survived the remaining intermediate-difficulty islands! Had to retry #9, but did well otherwise—hopefully I can make it through the advanced ones too! I'm not really aiming for the target scores, so that's definitely making things a little easier. 😅
Cleared Radiant Ravine in Minecraft Dungeons! Just one more stage to go, and it'll be time to head to the Nether.
Also got to make some more progress in Dairoku: Agents of Sakuratani! I'd kinda put it on the back-burner again while I was playing DQVII, so I'm glad to be getting back into it some.

-Hung out with some family today. Took my cousins to the park. Went to Mater's for some Italian food. It was great.
-Avoided a close collision.
-Got to chill at home the rest of the day. Taking care of 3 little kids is extremely tiring.
-Took a long shower. I needed one pretty bad.
-Went shopping and bought my cousins some stuff that they wanted.

today was a really good day! 😊

read a few comments on twitter that made me laugh (first time for everything, right? 🤣).
did some much, much needed self-care.
i was somewhat productive today! i tidied up my room a bit (didn’t have too much to do since i did most of it yesterday), cleaned up something that got spilled in the kitchen sink, and a few other small tasks! might not seem too productive to some, but it’s more than what i usually have the energy/motivation for, so i’m proud of myself! ☺️
did 3 animal crossing trades and received a very generous amount of tbt from @/TheDuke55, as well as a few extra items from @/calintz!! thank you so much again, guys!! you both are awesome and made my day. <3
my mom bought me 2 bottles of voltage mountain dew (my favourite soda!) while she was out with my dad. 😄
discovered 2 new favourite songs!! i actually listened to one of them for the first time yesterday, but it didn’t become a favourite until today aha.
cuddled with alize. <3
i was sober all day. i honestly can’t remember the last time i went a whole day without something being in my system, but it went a lot better than i expected! no brain fog, no restlessness, no irritability, etc. feeling pretty happy about that. ☺️

For the longest time since my mom passed two years ago, I kept working hard, but didn't want to accept that I have to keep going forward. But I know I have to now, and I will. It's what she would have wanted.
i hope i’m not overstepping any boundaries since i know i didn’t know your mom, but i know that she’d be so, so proud of you. life has thrown you so much crap, especially in the time that i’ve known you, but you’re still here and fighting and that’s amazing. she would be so proud of you for how strong you’ve been, and so incredibly proud and happy that you finally landed your dream job (and are enjoying it!). i know how badly you want to give up at times and how tempting it is, but i’m glad you haven’t. i’m glad you’re moving forward and hanging in there the best you can. you’re doing good, man. <3

With the help of the great members here, I was able to get all of the items I wanted/needed for my NH island. You all helped me out big time, so thank you! I believe only Xara and Panda hop by this thread, so thanks so much you two. You helped me out a lot!

Btw I really liked your villagers style xara.
thank you! you absolutely didn’t have to send me as much tbt as you did, but i’m on a journey to reach 10k so that i can finally afford and start looking for an aurora egg collectible, so it really helps and means a lot! thank you for the compliment as well! i honestly really like my rep’s style, too (hence why she’s still wearing her halloween/autumn outfit in april. 😭🤣).

congrats on getting everything you were looking for!! if there’s ever anything else you need, feel free to let me know and i’ll gladly help you out if i can!! :’D

I picked these up a few nights ago. They are a lot better than I thought they would be. I forgot to check the alcohol intake before purchasing them, so you can imagine I let out a sigh of relief it was only 5%. I can’t handle much more than that, probably due to how thin I am. They taste exactly like the slushies you get at gas stations.
i’m not really into alcohol (which is ironic considering i anxiously awaited my 19th birthday just so i could start drinking 😭), but that sounds delicious! i’ll have to keep an eye out next time i go shopping.

-Avoided a close collision.
oh yikes, that’s scary! i’m glad you’re okay and were able to avoid it. :’)

Last edited:
It's technically yesterday that these things happened:
  • It was another sunny day! Even though it was only four degrees celsius outside, it didn't feel so cold compared to the same temperature during the autumn season.
  • Feel free to skip this point. I drove somewhere today and spotted a couple of cars. For the first one, I saw a Nissan 180SX! Sometime later, I most likely spotted a Ferrari F12 Berlinetta while walking and only saw the rear view of it.
  • I came home safely after some guy in their pickup truck almost turned into me. It's wild out there...
  • I had a little nap.
  • I made more progress on my drawing and got the majority of the linework done!
  • I played ACNH and completed a home paradise for Flora! She's so cute!
  • Apparently, on Reddit, (go ahead and roast me) there's this thing that's called r/place where each user gets to place a tile on an extremely huge canvas. The twist here is that it's a coordinated effort requiring many people to even remotely achieve what they want. It can very easily fall apart if there aren't enough people keeping it together with others placing random tiles on it. Anyway, while scrolling through, I have seen sections of Formula 1, various characters from Undertale and Deltarune, the Monado that Shulk uses, a triforce, Metroid, Adventures of Tin Tin, DK, Spongebob, the slime enemy from the Dragon Quest series, the country flag of The Philippines, Where's Waldo, various memes, Kirby, Angry Birds, and the legendary froggy chair! I've also seen the Canadian flag but for whatever reason, people are heavily struggling with getting the maple leaf right lol. I dunno, it makes me happy seeing quite a number of things I'm familiar with all on the same canvas.
Also, I have a feeling Genshin Impact was there but eventually turned into Genshrek. :ROFLMAO:
Froggy chair and Genshrek.png

I mean, what is this.
Canada rplace [lol].png

I didn’t get much sleep today. If I’m being honest, I probably slept about three hours. I’m just planning on going to sleep right after work and sleeping later because I don’t have any reason to go in early to work tomorrow — my absolute favorite person is off tomorrow and it’s my Friday, lol.
I did play a few rounds of Madden 22 online and I’d say I improved a lot. It just takes practice and getting my butt kicked a lot in the beginning really helped. I just can’t stand the showboaters. I play casually and not that concerned about my record. It makes me chuckle to see how seriously people take these games, lmao.
I ordered an Arizona Coyotes reverse retro shirt which matches the hoodie I have. It’s probably my favorite design on a hockey jersey and I’m glad to have my hands on the shirt and the hoodie. I’m basically obsessed with hockey so this makes me very happy.
I’m happy that I was able to treat myself to some nice things with the $100 gift card I got in the mail. It was a sign-up bonus when I got WiFi a few months back. Those bonuses are something I don’t believe until I see it, though, but the card actually did come.

i’m not really into alcohol (which is ironic considering i anxiously awaited my 19th birthday just so i could start drinking 😭), but that sounds delicious! i’ll have to keep an eye out next time i go shopping.
Honestly, they are the alcoholic equivalent of those freezer pops you can get in the summer. The blue one is my favorite. They also have red, pink, and white. I’m assuming the flavors are cherry, watermelon, and pineapple respectively. The blue is blue raspberry. I’d recommend them if you see them. They come in a variety pack, so you’ll get all four flavors. It’s really not that strong, so it’s okay if you’re not that into drinking. I’m not either, personally, but these are delicious.

Last edited:
- Got to sleep in and have a relaxing morning.
- Going to play some more Genshin Impact today.
- @Foreverfox The Dallas Mavericks just beat the Milwaukee Bucks with an impressive 118-112 road victory against them. Apparently the Mavs are 33-12 in their last 45 games. If we keep playing like this we'll at least get the 4th seed in the NBA West for sure. 🤩

- Got to sleep in and have a relaxing morning.
- Going to play some more Genshin Impact today.
- @Foreverfox The Dallas Mavericks just beat the Milwaukee Bucks with an impressive 118-112 road victory against them. Apparently the Mavs are 33-12 in their last 45 games. If we keep playing like this we'll at least get the 4th seed in the NBA West for sure. 🤩
Yes!!! Ah that's so great to hear! 🤩🤩 I was trying to watch it, but Nicholas was not having it. He wanted to watch Sonic Boom before his nap lol

Jewels, my calico kitty played fetch a little with me just now ☺️💜.

DA2A6791-BF43-45E4-BF0B-1CF9FEE65FF8.jpeg
9786CAD3-DEEE-48BD-B567-53A681EE9E9A.jpeg
These are old pictures, but wanted to share to show how she looks ☺️; she doesn’t do it as long as she did then but regardless, it is still so cute. She loves these mousey toys ☺️; I got her a bunch more two grocery shopping trips ago and since then,been finding the mice all over the house and in closets 😅.

Last night I got a unit that I wanted in a gacha game, though not on my main.

Really happy about the art @LittleMissPanda made me last night ☺️; it seriously touched me how much thought she put into it. She really surprised me with the Chopper egg ☺️ and I loved the explanation about the meaning of flowers too ☺️.

7B886428-5705-41B0-8789-4D035D23FB9F.png

My sister’s family went home today; I feel bad for not coming out much but I’m really not feeling myself still, not comfortable talking and then there is my dad who kept freaking out and overreacting to everything because he doesn’t treat his anxiety. I’ve dealt with it so many years but as time progresses, I can deal with it no more since it chips away at my anxiety.

My kittens are back to visiting me and sleeping in my room; spanky didn’t see me much since she didn’t seem to like my sister’s dog or walking by her. She just gave me some kisses too ☺️.

My dad just came home from work and he brought me some cinnamon roasted almonds. even though that doesn’t change what i said a minute ago, i thought that was very thoughtful 🙂. I still do love my dad, just hard to be around or to talk to a lot of times.

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept really deeply last night and got to sleep in this morning.
- I didn't have to work today.
- This was my second day on new medication and the side effects weren't quite as bad as the first day.
- I think I'm starting to feel the benefits of the medication. My mood was more even, I felt calmer, and I've been having less back pain.
- The weather was nice today, fairly warm and sunny.
- I got to watch another episode of Shadows House. Only two more to go. I should finish it next weekend.
- Last night I finally saved over 100 million bells in New Leaf. I should get my final gold badge from Phineas today as long as it's not raining!

-Got to have yet another lazy day today. It's my last day of break, which sucks. Classes are going to be brutal tomorrow. Having a day to do nothing was much needed again.
-I've been in a better mood today. I've felt angry all this past week, but I'm feeling better.
-My mom bought me a bag of Sweedish Fish. They're one of my favorite candies, and she knows I had an awful week.
-I got three new books earlier. They're called They Wish They Were Us, The Haters, and Bloodleaf. They all look very interesting, so I'm looking forward to reading them.
-I took a long nap this afternoon.

Had another good gaming day today! ^^
I made it through almost all of the advanced difficulty islands in Desert Island Escape! Only two more to go and I'll have survived them all! c:
Finished the Hidden Depths DLC in Minecraft Dungeons! The last level took me a couple tries, because I think there's some sort of glitch(?) where you can get stuck in falling blocks and insta-die if you're still carrying the conduit at that point. 😅 It was a bit frustrating, especially since it happened pretty late in the level, but at least I think I figured it out and was able to get past it on my next run! Looking forward to starting the Flames of the Nether DLC next—with the adorable and only mildly creepy baby ghast as my buddy this time, since it doesn't seem like the sort of place one should take a baby turtle.
Also got to finish another chapter in Dairoku, and read well into the next chapter too!

feeling a bit anxious and unwell atm, but i had a pretty good day otherwise! i’m bummed the weekend’s over, though; i’m not ready to go back to school, but just gotta get through this week and the next and then it’ll be easter long weekend! 💪🏻

got 2x nook points on the nintendo switch online app.
began working on my tbt acnh island journal again! i haven’t posted in it in forever, so a few posts were/are quite outdated. i’m also working on creating some new island lore and backstory, and trying to figure out how i want certain posts to be structured. i’ve got a lot of catching up to do in-game before i can actually start posting again, but it feels good to work on it in the meantime! though, the fact that i lost tbt for editing a few posts even though i didn’t remove anything from them kind of sucks lol.
@Dunquixote sent me an absolutely adorable photo of one of her kitties! like, literally one of the sweetest photos i’ve ever seen. i gotta stop falling in love with my friends’ cats, man. 🥺💗
re-read one of my favourite fanfics! the writing isn’t as good as i remember it being (it’s been years since i last read it), but it’s still a really good story! i enjoyed reading it again. 😊
cuddled with alize. <3
got through another day sober! i was tempted to smoke earlier to deal with my anxiety, but decided not to. today definitely wasn’t as productive as yesterday was, but it still feels nice to be sober. :’)
satisfied my craving for subway and had it for dinner. it was pretty good!
wrote a poem for my acnh island that i’m actually kinda proud of! i’ve never been all that great at writing poetry and usually stick with short stories, but i like what i came up with today. i’m excited to share it eventually! ^^
read some comments on tiktok that made me laugh.

Jewels, my calico kitty played fetch a little with me just now ☺️💜.

those two photos really show off how beautiful she is omg... i love her 🥺. alize also likes playing fetch as well! she’s uh, not the best at it since the whole point of playing fetch is her bringing the toy back so that i can throw it again, and she seems to forget that part sometimes lmao, but it’s adorable nonetheless! though, she does it with her springy toys (her absolute favourite toys) instead of mice. i actually played fetch with her briefly a little while ago! 😅💗

- Last night I finally saved over 100 million bells in New Leaf. I should get my final gold badge from Phineas today as long as it's not raining!
whoo, congrats!!! i lowkey regret not earning every badge before i stopped playing... maybe that’s another incentive to pick a copy of new leaf up again? 👀🎉

Was feeling a little down, but @Dunquixote cheered me up with a picture of her kitty snuggling a unicorn while dressed as a unicorn
wasn’t it such an adorable photo!!!!! it definitely helped take my mind off of what’s bothering me, too. ☺️

i’m sorry you were feeling down, though. i know we aren’t super close, but my pms are always open if you ever need or want someone to talk to. i’m not great at advice and stuff, but i’m always happy to listen and offer support. 🖤

Last edited:
  • Some of my library requests are in so I can go pick those up later today when they open
  • I finished reading another book
  • I feel really good
  • My cat's awesome new scratching post should be delivered either today or tomorrow, so my kitty should be happy and that makes me happy
  • My cat is laying on me right now as I'm drinking tea and enjoying a peaceful early start to the day
  • I'm going to be putting down the deposit for my cat's appointment to get spayed
  • Looking forward to eating breakfast later, having scrambled eggs, a buttermilk biscuit, and breakfast sausage, definitely one of my favorite meals :)

My favorite person very casually said she “would draw me a picture” and I actually wasn’t expecting it to be so detailed??? She just texted me the sketch and I’m in shock. I’ll post the sketch because I mentioned it. I was going to wait until the finished product but I was so excited so…
D725E22D-EC0A-4571-AC32-CCEAB2BBAFDA.jpeg
I’m going to see my favorite dog in a few minutes. I’m going to take him for a walk and give him some treats. Keagan always makes me smile.
I got a lot more sleep last night than I did the previous night. I think I just had a lot on my mind then but I’m really happy to have gotten some decent sleep.

Back