• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

I got through another Friday at work. It started off a bit poorly but it did get better towards the end.
I did get a ride back to my apartment from work from one of my coworkers. It was really nice of her to offer. It wasn’t really out of the way since she lives in the same direction, as well. (Not my close friend who draws me pictures, lol, a different girl.)
I’m going into work two hours early tomorrow and I’m thinking of starting early, or at least a little early.
I slept very well last night despite going to sleep a little late.
I’m eating spicy chicken strips from a local gas station.

- My work station is back up and running!
- The Dallas Mavericks play the Portland Trail Blazers tonight in Dallas. Time to smaaaaaaash!!! 😤
- The weather outside is nice again!
- I'm headed to martial arts practice tonight! :D
- I got paid today!

- @Foreverfox The Mavs did it! They feasted on the Trail Blazers tonight and won 128-78. Holy crap! Only one game left in the regular season against the San Antonio Spurs before the playoffs! :D
- Speaking of feasting, I worked out super hard in martial arts tonight and ate a HUGE dinner. I had some things that looked like hashbrowns, mozzarella, three pretzel-crusted tilapia pieces with tartar sauce, a baked potato with butter, and vanilla ice cream for dessert. 😋
- I received recognition for my contributions at work. :D
- I now own a Mac desktop that I inherited from my mom. I'm looking forward to refurbishing it and seeing what I can use it for.
- About to play some video games soon! 😁

Had a really nice first day of vacation!! ^^
I made a ton of progress in Minecraft Dungeons today!! I finished collecting all of the Eyes of Ender, cleared the Stronghold (which was a LOT longer than I was expecting, but I think I managed to find all the secrets!), and did the first level in the End! I also got to catch up on some livestreams I missed while I was playing, and it was nice to have those on in the background. c:
Played some more DQVIII while I was charging up my Switch, too! I'm still really enjoying it so far, and looking forward to playing more!
The Easter backdrops!! They're so pretty that I wound up buying two, eheheh. ;v; I really like both the Prismatic Glow and Soft Cascade, but I think the latter is my favorite for my current aesthetic.

Forgot to post here yesterday. Nothing's happened today since I just woke up about an hour ago, so I'll post about yesterday instead.

Yesterday:

-My family and I went to Barone's Pizza and Arcade for my little brother. We ate a lot of great pizzas. Afterward, I spent 50$ on tokens for my brother. I helped him play some of the games. On one of them, I scored a 500 ticket jackpot. In total, we earned 1,520 tickets. He spent them on some stuff for him.
-Glad it was Friday. My endless studying for exams was over, yet now come the actual things. I feel way more confident than I did going into previous exams. I feel like I've gotten a lot smarter over the past year.
-I went to the Dollar Tree and bought some Sweedish Fish.

-Went grocery shopping. I forgot to buy a lot of things, but I got the most important stuff.
-Played AC:NL for a bit. Honestly, I've been inactive a little more than usual. It was nice to play for a bit.
-Watched Turning Red again. It's pretty good, but not my favorite movie. However, the soundtrack is amazing.
-My brother had a baseball game, so I went to watch it and support him. His team won 15-2. They're going to the playoffs, so that's fun!

The rest of the day I've spent listing to music and doing nothing lol. I love having lazy days, but they make me feel like trash.

-Went grocery shopping. I forgot to buy a lot of things, but I got the most important stuff.
-Played AC:NL for a bit. Honestly, I've been inactive a little more than usual. It was nice to play for a bit.
-Watched Turning Red again. It's pretty good, but not my favorite movie. However, the soundtrack is amazing.
-My brother had a baseball game, so I went to watch it and support him. His team won 15-2. They're going to the playoffs, so that's fun!

The rest of the day I've spent listing to music and doing nothing lol. I love having lazy days, but they make me feel like trash.

Congrats on your brother's team making the playoffs and I hope they do well in it! :D

And don't worry about having a lazy day, I am as well, and I'm sure a lot of others here are too! 💚

• hung out with my sister, she's basically my best friend
  • bought tickets to see florence and the machine in september!
  • lady at starbucks was super nice and made my ultra-complicated order perfectly. sadly her store doesn't allow tips which is so lame!!

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept really well last night and feel rested today.
- I didn't have to work today.
- I'm still feeling good mentally and having very minimal back pain.
- I finished up the anime I was watching and started a new one.
- I had a calm, relaxing day at home with my husband and my dog.
- My dog snuggled with me on the couch this evening.
- I had a really good laugh today. That might sound silly, but I haven't laughed that hard in a while and it genuinely made me feel good.

And I'm happy about my new Easter background for the forum. 😊

Last edited:
Not a lot happened today, but there are still a few things that made me happy! :)
  • I played a bit of Metroid Dread and made a bit of progress. Is it just me or does my joycons rumble the same way as a heartbeat whenever I'm near an EMMI? I'm assuming it's coming from Samus herself and it's pretty obvious why because I feel the same too lol. It's great going through an area without being spotted.
  • Feel free to skip this point. For the past few months, I feel like I've seen this car many times and recognized it but has a different name from where I live. After further research, turns out it is a 2011 Toyota Aqua! Outside of Japan, it is named the Toyota Prius C. That's another one going into my huge list of identified cars, which has now reached a grand total of 130!
  • I also played Gran Turismo 7 and generally had a good time. It's only today I discovered that the helmet and racing suit designs I made in GT Sport were imported as well, so it's a nice surprise for me! I recently acquired a classic race car with an unusual appearance called the Chaparral 2J. It's made an appearance in the past games and seeing it in better quality along with improved engine sounds is great... My sister calls the Chaparral 2J a 'washing machine' lol. Perhaps I should make a washing machine-themed livery at some point.
  • Just vibing to a lot of music today.
  • I recently finished a drawing and started another! Though, I'm presented with a tough challenge as I haven't tackled this particular area before. If I could get anywhere remotely close to looking good, I'm satisfied with it.
Edit: Fixed some grammatical errors.

Last edited:
Your kittens are very cute Xara and Dunquixote! I like the name Spanky haha, it kind of reminds me of Earthbound. My one kitten does that a lot where she will fall over and that's usually when she is content and really wants to be petted.

It's great that you spent some time with your grandmother, ZeldaCrossing! It was very sweet of you and your brother. You really brightened her day yesterday.

Not much happened today, aside from a really long work day. I pushed myself to exercise today, even though I was tired. So I'm glad I stuck to the schedule and didn't flake on it, even if I am really sore. I also found this old picture on my phone of my kitten. I forgot I took it and it's really cute.
He carried that plushie with him wherever they went. It was kind of difficult though with it being the size of him.
View attachment 436508

Ahhh!!! 😍 Thank you for blessing us with a kitten picture! Such a cutie! 🥺

Thanks! Spanky is a name of a monkey in this game Spanky’s Quest :); I got the idea for her name from a voice actor. He named a beetle in Skyward Sword after the monkey 🙂. I had a couple of different ideas for her name and showed him the names on his discord and he voted for Spanky; and my parents liked the name best too even though they don’t know game characters or anything I like. I think it is fitting though for her since it sounds like spunk behind the name and she has a lot of that 😋.

I’m happy that @jadetine messaged me today and the trade that we’re doing ☺️. I did a small sketch in the card which I hope she’ll like ☺️.

My mom made tacos tonight!

I watched a really interesting video on a video game series that I like, with one of my favorite voice actors narrating it :).

My kitties ofc made me happy. ☺

4E84C095-06C3-4AFC-8C8C-D8A210FDB4CD.jpeg
7D082297-FEBA-4DF9-B3EF-E341C7BEC0DA.jpeg

I love them playing in the tent. ☺️ Every morning, when I’m trying to sleep, I hear spanky playing with the catnip toy (the heart) that is attached to the tent. i find the tent flipped over and usually with her in it when I get up 😅 and/or moved from where it is lol.

was wayyyy too tired to post earlier today or yesterday lol, but i’ve been doing alright! i’m happy that it’s finally the weekend. ☺️

yesterday (04/08)
read a few comments on reddit that made me laugh.
went to 3/3 of my classes and handed in the assignment i’ve been working on all week, as well as an assignment for another class! the short story i wrote for english also wasn’t harshly critiqued by my assigned peer editor (in fact, i think they liked it), and i even weaselled my way out of having to read it out loud haha. overall, i had a pretty good day at school! 😅
got rid of and threw out all the garbage in my room and vacuumed. it was absolutely exhausting and will probably have me feeling wiped out for the next 3 weeks, but i’m proud of myself, and my room looks a lot nicer now. nothing like a mouse showing up in your room to motivate you lol. 🙃
read 3 new fanfics that i really enjoyed!
tbt’s 2022 easter egg hunt is coming, babyyyyyy!!!!!!! i’m a bit nervous about the changes that were made, but i’m still so excited! i’m also enjoying having one of my favourite backdrops, prismatic glow, back. 😄
cuddled with alize. <3

today (04/09)
cuddled with alize and played fetch with her for a bit. 🥰
64EA7669-F8A6-43D8-9014-0C8D62149D83.jpeg
1213515C-70E6-4342-BFA3-32B0DAE2EA45.jpeg
did some much-needed self-care.
did an animal crossing trade.
had rice, which i’ve been craving for weeks now, with my dinner.

Today is the first day in 7+ weeks that I've been able to walk without the need for crutches or a knee scooter 🥳 it's still very painful and I'm in a moon boot, but it quite literally feels like a big step in the right direction!!
😭😭 i’m so happy for you!!! i know how much you’ve struggled with not being able to walk. i hope it gets less painful for you and that you’ll be able to walk without the moon boot soon! take care of yourself. 💜

Well, today is my final day at my (soon to be) old job. I'm actually fairly sentimental about it (I may or may not have cried about it last night :cry:). I'm sad but in the end it's all for the better. I've really grown to like the people here these last 3 years and will definitely miss them.

My new job will pay better, is way closer to home (20 min drive vs 50mins), I can also get to it via small local back roads and no longer have to take the major highway which is notorious for being dangerous.

I made my favourite homemade cream cheese brownies for everyone to enjoy for my final day here. I had fun trying different colour combinations this time. Everyone seems to really like them so far. :)

View attachment 436447
oooh, those are so pretty!! i love the different colours. i bet they tasted delicious, too! good luck at your new job!

I also found this old picture on my phone of my kitten. I forgot I took it and it's really cute.
He carried that plushie with him wherever they went. It was kind of difficult though with it being the size of him.
View attachment 436508
look at him with his wittle snowman!!!!!!!! he’s so sweet omg... i love him. 🥺🖤

And don't worry about having a lazy day, I am as well, and I'm sure a lot of others here are too! 💚
consider me a part of the “having a lazy day” squad! all i did today was sleep, read, listen to music and spend time with my kitten. 😅

Finished the Echoing Void DLC in Minecraft Dungeons today, and that's the whole DLC storyline complete! ^^ I don't play a lot of dungeon crawler type games, but I had a lot of fun with this one—a good 40+ hours worth!
I also finished one ending of the route I've been on in Dairoku! Wasn't planning to play for as long as I did, but I got really sucked into all the... supernatural bureaucratic intrigue? I don't exactly know what to call it LOL
Got a few more new desktop wallpapers!
Also saw some a new piece of official art of one of my faves! 💚

Side note: I guess it's somewhat uncommon for me to post on this thread but whenever I actually do then I guess I'm probably gonna write an essay every time I post here 😂
That is totally fine! I find myself doing this a little too often in this thread lol. I didn't mind reading through your entire post as we're all talking about various things that make us happy. :)

Back