• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

- The weather outside is lovely!
- The Dallas Mavericks take on the Detroit Pistons in Detroit tonight and are going for their 50th win of the season!
- Work is going really well.
- I'm headed to martial arts practice tonight! :D

- @Foreverfox They did it! They beat the Pistons 131-113 in Detroit and got their 50th win of the season! Only two more games to go until the playoffs! 😁
- Martial arts practice went well and I'm learning lots of new things this week.
- I've been contributing a lot at work recently too. :D

B0yudQm.gif

Last edited:
  • I talked to the guy I like for a couple hours today :)
  • Played fetch with my cat for awhile ❤️
  • I'm ordering these cute bowtie breakaway collars for my cat, pictured below
  • I made brownies today, they are so good!
  • I took a walk to the library and picked up my requests
  • Spent a few hours reading today
  • Spent some time in the morning sitting outside drinking my coffee and journaling, it was nice :)

Attachments

• 91RwjKD0BlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    91RwjKD0BlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 3
Today I'm feeling really good and I'm happy about several things:

- I didn't feel drowsy today and my nausea is subsiding, so hopefully I'll stop feeling the negative side effects of my medication soon.
- I'm still feeling the benefits of the medication. I haven't really been tested with too much stress yet, but I'm handling the normal everyday stress like it's nothing.
- I'm taking life at my own pace more often and doing more self-care.
- I had a good session with my massage therapist and she said she was proud of how well I'm doing.
- The weather was absolutely gorgeous. I was able to open my car's sun roof and windows while I was out driving today.
- I watched a squirrel in the backyard today while I worked.
- My dog was very loving and gave me lots of kisses this evening.

I went back to the craft store to inquire about a job (for like the 5th time lol, I feel like I'm bothering them) and they actually informed me that I needed to re-submit my application, so I went ahead and did that. the hiring manager also said she would keep me in mind since I'm available anytime and I'm only looking for part-time work. hopefully this ends up working out :)

Good luck! I hope you get the job :) I'm going to be applying for a part time job soon as well, at the library

• I've been preparing for exams nonstop this week. After next week's exams, I'll be free for a little while. I actually feel very confident this time and feel like I'm going to do pretty well on them.
  • I drew Zero Two because she's beautiful. <3
  • I'm re-learning "Gonna Fly Now" from Rocky because it's my school's fight song. I've forgotten how to play it, so I want to refresh my mind. It'll bring me a sense of nostalgia from high school band.
  • I've been binge-watching Say Yes to The Dress. It's really dramatic and entertaining.

I talked with my close friend a little more tonight and she finished the drawing for me! She just casually offered to draw me another picture and this was the result. We spent the past few nights playing Pokémon together but I think we’re taking a break for a few nights.
(For anyone curious: We have been becoming closer over the past week or so. She’s not a very affectionate or emotional person in general, but she did open up to me. I don’t want to push it, so we’re currently just talking as friends. I’d consider our conversations the past few nights as a win, lol.)
1708422A-5924-45A4-8A9E-03EDDF6818F7.jpeg
I finally got around to purchasing the ticket to Las Vegas in two months. I wasn’t sure if I was going, so I was procrastinating, but I ultimately decided to go. Besides, my close friend told me that she knew I wanted to go, lol. It’s only for a few days. I said I’d miss her, though.
I’m having some cheesy breadsticks with marinara sauce currently. It tastes good after a day at work. I should also be getting paid sometime tonight and I’m happy about that.

@Merielle That's awesome about your Newleaf town! I remember when I put it down when I completed my town back in 2018ish. Nice work! I'll have to check out your DA some time if you have one uploaded!
Thank you! ^^ I've got my DA on my profile for anybody who wants to give it a look!

Busy again today, but things are going really smoothly—I might even be able to get everything finished up tomorrow and then take off Friday. 🤞
I got to start Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King today!! Still very early on, so I don't have much to comment on yet, other than that I'm enjoying it! And, omg, the hero has a little mouse named Munchie.
DQVIII_Munchie.png
Also got to see some new official artwork of one of my favorite characters!! 💙

- @Foreverfox They did it! They beat the Pistons 131-113 in Detroit and got their 50th win of the season! Only two more games to go until the playoffs! 😁
- Martial arts practice went well and I'm learning lots of new things this week.
- I've been contributing a lot at work recently too. :D

B0yudQm.gif
I know I was so excited! That pass from Luka to the corner arc was insane! 🤩

The stickers that I ordered a while ago finally arrived today! I was starting to worry they were lost in the mail. The seller also included 2 freebie stickers with my order which I greatly appreciate. Also speaking of mail, I got a replacement debit card from my bank and the new card is VERY nice looking compared to my old one so that's a little thing that makes me happy as well.

posting a bit late since i fell asleep earlier (didn’t get much sleep last night), but my day was pretty good (despite me complaining in the “what’s bothering you?” thread like 3 times 🤣)! 💗

read 3 new fanfics, and skimmed through 2 others, that i really enjoyed!
went to all of my classes and completed an assignment for one of them! i also emailed one of my teachers the questions i had about the assignment i’ve been freaking out about a bit and she was quite helpful, and i communicated with another teacher of mine about a few things as well! i’m looking forward to completing the assignment tomorrow and finally being done with it, as well as the mini conference i have with one of my teachers tomorrow. ...of course, i’m definitely more excited about it almost being the weekend LOL. wish me luck! 😄
cuddled with alize, and she let me kiss her head a few times!
signed up for a sanchin martial arts mental health group that starts later this month! my future counselling service recommended it to me, so i’m excited to see what it’ll be like! it’s an 8-week-long group that runs for an hour and a half every monday starting on april 25th. i’m still on the counselling service’s waitlist, so i appreciate them recommending something for me to do in the meantime. :’)
did an animal crossing trade!
smoking was very tempting today, but i managed to stay sober! i definitely might reward myself with a blunt on friday, though lmao.

I got to start Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King today!! Still very early on, so I don't have much to comment on yet, other than that I'm enjoying it! And, omg, the hero has a little mouse named Munchie.
not me wanting to play just for munchie??? he deserves everything good in life and more. 🥺

finally got ahold of the local common pleas court about my jury duty exemption, they've taken me off the list so now all I have to do is get the written note from my doctor and send it to them.

I'm really relieved about this, I've been stressing about it since I got the jury duty questionnaire in the mail like a week ago.

I had such a great time with my friend yesterday! We went out for sushi and bubble tea, then went looking around some clothes shops. It was great to see we both haven't changed too much in 3 years lol, we still have lots in common. :)

Yesterday was very tiring though ngl (I also had uni early in the morning AND a family get-together in the evening), so I ended up having a very very long sleep (from 10pm until 2pm the next day 😅) and I've just spent the rest of today relaxing. I'm also happy I'm on Easter break now!
I checked out the course options for next year at uni, and almost everything is marked by coursework rather than by exams! It's great because I'm good at coursework and absolutely awful at timed exams lol

after (accidentally) taking a hiatus from writing in my plushie blog since mid-February, I'm back writing new blogs again! I even have some fun new ideas for it. I'll prob link it in my signature again so people can check it out if they'd like to :)

Today hasn't been a great day for me in the slightest, lmao. I kept taking naps because I was tired (even thought I hate naps), am behind on getting things done, and my work station fell apart unexpectedly, so that's great.

But.... the people that care about me have continued to be sweet and kind towards me, and that's what drives me forward... through anything. :giggle: 💚

Back