• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

today is the first day since about a week ago that I've woken up and I'm not feeling half asleep or groggy, thank goodness. still kinda tired but I'm starting to suspect I may have low iron again bc I've been yawning during the day a lot. I'll talk to my doctor about all this later today :)

also woke up to the sounds of a thunderstorm and while I'm not a big fan of them, I know when I hear lots of rain and thunder that spring is definitely here ☺️ 🌷

So many things went right today!
First I went to the hospital for a quick procedure, and although I waited a bit, the personnel was really kind and helpful. Then I emailed my other doctor and he replied immediately which is a big thing lol. Finally I found out I passed a really hard exam. And it's not even 2 pm yet. :lemon:

I started a pixel art project saturday and completed it sunday. I am happy with how it came out.
It was a way to test my pixel art skills and see if I made any improvement that I myself could see and it was an opportunity to learn more about myself which I feel is really important. The results is to the left and I will probably keep it there for a long time honestly because I like its vibes even though it looks like something from the Gameboy Color.
I found this random adjective generator online and my goal was whatever adjectives I get, I was to make a pixel art fakemon based off of those adjectives. I used it and got venomous, nosy, and ill-informed.
Although it doesn't look super creative, I am happy about its readability. I also have been realizing I am doing better with pixel art if I set restrictions on it ahead of time, such as using only 5 colors (transparent also being counted as a color).
The creature, that I thought about calling Priengeist, is a poison/ghost type. It is inspired by the real Ghost Tarsier. I am not sure about the yellow ball it is on. I just thought it would look better with it aesthetically. Maybe it likes to collects oozing tree sap? And maybe it ends up being toxic to other fakemon and people from it's fur touching it.
Though I haven't designed it yet, the idea is that its evolution is going to be based off of a flying squirrel possibly being called Phanflien with a poison barbed tail. Both Fakemon is supposedly mistaken for spirits and ghosts at night in the forests due to the glowy eyes of the Priengeist and the slight glow of the fur and body shape of Phanflien at night.
The Ghost Tarsier actually has glands under it's arms in its fur that secrete an oil. When it is mixed with its saliva, it becomes poisonous which I thought was pretty crazy. Also, it is easy to spook a Ghost Tarsier by sound and touch to were they will die by either not eating anymore or by smacking their own heads and cracking their skull. Tourists are warned to never touch them. They also sing at night and they do jump. They eat insects, birds, snakes, lizards, and bats.
Also, it turns out Flying Squirrels of North America glow pink under ultraviolet light. This happens because of a toxic chemical called uroporphyrin that cant be metabolized by the flying squirrel due to a genetic mutation they have. And flying squirrels are known to be curious. They eat insects, fruit, fungi, seeds, and nuts.
In all, I feel like the adjectives, Venomous, Nosy, and Ill-informed fit these creatures.
I am also happy that I am making progress on my project of making a video game. And no, this little guy is not part of that. He was just an art exercise.

Our cats are outdoor cats so we don't get to see them that often, so when I looked out my back door and saw my dad's cat Wookie sleeping on our deck, my heart practically melted. I also saw my cat Caramel this morning on my way to the bus stop. And even though they're not around us anymore, just the fact that they're free and happy and alive is enough for me. 🥰

Be prepared to deal with my large post once again. 😅

April 10, 2022
  • I finally got around to watching a Formula 1 race, this time taking place at the 2022 Australian Grand Prix. Because of the time zones, I actually had to wake up at 1 AM to watch it lol. There's nothing too exciting to note in that race, but I can definitely tell that the drivers are able to follow one another much more closely, giving them more opportunities to overtake.
  • When I woke up in the morning, I was greeted with birds chirping outside.
  • My mother, sister, and I baked lasagna and pretzels! It took quite some effort to prepare and put them together. Thankfully, the effort was worth it as they all tasted so good!
  • I went on a car stroll and of course, the weather was pleasant!
  • Feel free to skip this point. During my car stroll, I might've seen a Lexus LC 500 convertible!
  • I got to play Gran Turismo 7.
  • Had a pleasant nap.
  • I made more progress in my drawing!
April 11, 2022
  • I got to play Gran Turismo 7 once again and completed the remaining super licence tests with gold target times! It was definitely a challenge, but stringing the corners together smoothly felt satisfying to complete in first-person view, especially the last one after hearing many people struggling with it. The final test involved doing a lap around Spa Francorchamps. The road conditions outside of the typical race line are absolutely soaked meaning that if you dip a tire in the wet, you can kiss that run goodbye and aquaplane off the track. Oh, and I had to use a Porsche 917K which has lots of power, so I had to be gentle with the throttle too if that wasn't hard enough lol. It took me around half an hour to get a successful attempt, and I'm surprised I had just over a second to spare since it was a bit scruffy. Can I say the music that plays when you get gold absolutely slaps? It feels good every time I complete a tough challenge. And lowkey dance a bit lol. I completed some races and time trials after.
Gran Turismo® 7_20220411110628.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20220411110953.jpg
  • I finished my drawing and liked how it turned out considering it's my first time tackling a particular area! It's another part of this small project I'm doing and I'm going to start another one. :)
  • The efforts I've done from last week paid off and I'm really happy about it.
  • Vibing to a lot of music today!

I'm not happy about much today, but there are a few things.

- The weather was gorgeous and it's supposed to be warm for the rest of the week.
- I managed to get all of my high-priority work done and only had to work 10 minutes over.
- I saw Ms. Potter, the rabbit, nibbling on stuff in my backyard this evening and we didn't scare her away.
- My dog was sleeping next to me and dreaming. He was huffing and puffing in his sleep and his cheeks were puffing out. It was so cute!

-Once again mentioning it, there was a whole underground fire on campus (no one was hurt). My exams were canceled for today. However, there will be one tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday.
-I'm listening to Steal My Girl by 1D and now I'm in a good mood.
-I figured out my coding issue and fixed it pretty easily.
-I hung out with one of my AC:NL besties today. <3
-I bought new earbuds because, for some reason, mine always messes up. No matter how well I take care of them, they break.
-My mother made homemade fried chicken. It tasted a bit like Chik-Fil-A's chicken. One of my favorite dishes she makes.
-There was a scruffy-looking stray cat on my porch this afternoon. I fed him and let him chill in the sunshine.

This is a little short and sweet today, but:
I got some news today that I can’t help but be happy about.
I am off work tomorrow so I will be spending the next few hours playing a few Madden 22 matchups online. I’ve been having poor luck lately but I did play a few good games so far.
I am happy because I talked to a friend at work and she showed me a funny video. It was her beating up a bully at her school. The other person obviously started it, but the fact that she won is even funnier.
I’m happy that both hockey and baseball are currently going on.

today was kind of rough, but i’m hanging in there! ^_^

finished and submitted the final draft of something i wrote for english! i’m still really stressed out and have lots more to do, but it felt good to get something done at least. :’)
went to 2/3 of my classes even though i really didn’t feel all that up to it. i also placed third in the kahoot that one of my teachers set up during class haha.
got 2x nook points in the nintendo switch online app.
read a new fanfic that i enjoyed.
got high.
talked with my lovely friend @moo_nieu for a bit, and they made me feel a lot better about my current school situation. thank you again, friend. <33

I've started the next route I'll be doing in Dairoku—well, I'm still in the common route portion, but moving in that direction at least! Crossing my fingers that my faves will get some screentime to help me through. 🤞
Also played some Happy Home Designer today, and did houses for Clyde and T-Bone! I'm really happy with how both turned out, but I admit I had way too much fun with T-Bone's theme. I normally try to make the houses livable, but... he wanted fire, so fire he got.
I received a lot of lovely comments and reactions on my two Pokémon TCG Illustration Contest entries on here, and it really made my day. ;v; I still feel like I've got a long way to go, so this sort of thing is very heartening.
Got another idea for an embroidery floss bracelet, and started working on that!
And added a few more desktop wallpapers to my collection!

I think I’m pretty close to finishing my sketch; then again I thought I was yesterday and I’m still working on it 😅. Regardless, I’m happy about this since I want to do another quick sketch (like the last one was) that doesn’t have armor in it 😅. This was supposed to be a nice little relaxing quick sketch while I take a break a bit from my bigger drawing, yet it ended up being more work than I planned and a little stressful even maybe lol.

My dad had work today so I enjoyed enjoyed the quiet while he was gone (for when I was awake) and tomorrow I think he has work again tomorrow :).

Someone I chatted on discord with today showed me pictures of their kittens ☺️.

Last edited:
Back