• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

The death of my grandfather has really hit hard for my grandma, so my brother and I decided to visit her today. We hugged her and told her we loved her, then we recycled her cans + bottles and gave the money to her. Then we went to the store and bought my grandma's favorite chocolate for her, I also bought some chocolate for my parents. Needless to say, I think we cheered our grandma up. We're gonna see her again tomorrow and I can't wait. :)

I’m happy because thanks to me paying an additional $15 on my ticket for travel insurance among other things, I’m entitled to a full refund up to the time my train actually leaves and other random things. I only got this for the full refund, though. To be quite honest, I have it narrowed down to two cities that I would like to move to. Both being in two different states, I want to be able to change the location destination of the ticket if needed.
(Won’t be mentioning the two cities, but they might very well be obvious anyway.)
(Hint: If it snows or is extremely cold there in winter, that’s not it.)

I’m happy because somehow over the past year or so, I’ve gotten more comfortable talking to people on the phone. I’d rather not do it, but I actually don’t mind that I have to call a place to ask a few questions.
Just the fact that I’m actually putting work towards this goal is satisfying. I’m not sure how long it will take, but it’s a combination of being mentally ready and being comfortable with the amount of savings that’s I have. I’m definitely not in any rush, though.
I’ve been having fun playing Madden 22 online for the past few hours. It was a fun day off work. I’ve been listening to Instagram and Snapchat horror stories, as well. Some are really creepy and scary, ngl. I’ll try not to scare myself, though. It’s just something I’ve been into the past few days.

• Something shocking happened: I drank vegetable juice willingly! This is pretty big because I hate vegetable juice. I figured I should have a can since we still have a ton, and it wasn't that bad! Hopefully I'll get more used to it and drink it more often. ^^
  • I did all my chores without being asked to, and I feel pretty proud! I made my lunch for school, put away my dry dishes, brushed my teeth + hair, changed into some pyjamas (I usually sleep in my clothes because I'm too tired or lazy), and cleaned my room! I have to do those things anyway, but usually my family has to remind me. XD
  • I feel like I'm getting along more with my brother! He let me use his headset, which doesn't happen that often, and also let me listen to my favorite Camel by Camel remix (the 8-bit one)! He's a bit stingy with what I listen to because he "doesn't want 'cancerous music' listened to with his headset".
  • I am looking forward to re-reading Dog Man, I fricking love that book series. >w<

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept pretty well last night and I'm not exhausted today.
- I made the right decision to not go into the office today. Our return date is flexible but I'd planned on going in today and changed my mind on Wednesday when I saw they were calling for thunderstorms this morning. I did not want to try carrying all my essential equipment back into the office in the rain. So I worked from home today and I'm glad I did because it rained almost all day.
- I am going back to the office tomorrow, which I'm half excited and half nervous about. We'll see how it goes.
- I'm still feeling pretty good mentally on this new medication and the side effects continue to lessen each day.
- I had a slow, easy day of work today and I'm happy with how much I got done.
- My snuggled with me on the couch this evening.

• I was heading somewhere and because of the weather where it was sunny and raining at the same time, I saw a rainbow! Haven't seen that in a while. And since the sun was about to set a little while later, I got to appreciate it as well.
  • I've finally been able to deal with something irl after preparing for it since last week. If it doesn't turn out well, at least I have another option to fall back on.
  • Feel free to skip this point. I saw an old Ford Mustang GT convertible, possibly the first generation. It's got two extra headlights on its grille compared to other images.
  • Today, an update came out for Gran Turismo 7 (haven't mentioned that game in a while) where the in-game credits payout has been buffed significantly for some race events. For additional context, the few updates prior severely nerfed them to push people into microtransactions if they don't want to grind for hours on end. I and many other people expressed sharp disapproval with this that some went out of their way to request a refund (in which I have no problem with that). As for myself, I simply did not touch it for weeks as an act of protest. I said in a separate thread that I wouldn't be talking about this game ever again unless things changed for the better, and it did so I'm pretty happy with that and started it up again. The races actually feel worthwhile doing now and already managed to rake in a few million credits from the bonuses gained from circuit experiences! Prior to the update, people had to grind tediously and only get roughly 750k credits in just an hour even with an optimal run. The menu navigation is still a clunky mess along with some other gripes I have, but it's definitely a step in the right direction. I'm happy to say that I'll occasionally talk about Gran Turismo 7 again! But I should probably finish Metroid Dread and destroy EMMIs first lol.

My mom bought the kittens another toy; she bought one for each of them ☺️. I was really surprised since two grocery trips ago, after i picked out some toys for them, she said they won’t need toys for awhile. Also, she always usually says, they have enough toys as it is. I guess even with the tough front, she secretly may want to spoil them not to mention how much she’s enjoying having them around. 🙂 I’ll try to get a picture this week if I can catch them playing with it. Spanky didn’t play with it much, but Jewels was having a blast with it. My mom thinks Jewels is the hunter of the two while Spanky is happy go lucky ☺️.

Still really happy I got this one unit in this game I’m playing. 🙂

Today felt pretty long (possibly partly because I had to get up earlier than usual), but I finished everything I needed to get done, so I can enjoy my time off starting tomorrow!! 🥳
While out on errands today, I got to pass by a farm with a lot of animals you don't usually see around here! They had both alpacas and longhorn cattle—first time I've seen one of those in person, actually! I also saw a heron standing in the pond near one of the cows, and they're a pretty rare sight around here too, but I'm assuming it was a visitor and not a resident, lol.
And I got to play a little bit of Minecraft Dungeons this evening! Cleared the last two levels in the Flames of the Nether DLC, and I got started on collecting Eyes of Ender so I can go to the End! As per my tradition of bringing along the pet that goes with each area, I'll be accompanied on this last leg of my journey by my little Endermite pal! 💜

i’m exhausted and my head hurts, but i had a pretty good day today! i’m so happy that tomorrow’s friday. ☺️🎉

read a new fanfic that i enjoyed.
had a silly convo with @Venti early this morning! talking to him is always fun. :)
cuddled with alize, and took a few photos of her as well! 🥰
these photos aren’t the greatest lol, but i still think she looks beautiful in them. <3
5B56EAD8-25F7-40A3-8E17-BE64809C600A.jpeg
B3DCB1F6-C545-425C-BF43-18D4663711F7.jpeg
went to 2/3 of my classes (one was cancelled due to staffing shortages) and had a really lovely day despite being tired and anxious about 2 meetings i had scheduled with my teachers! the first meeting went really well; she said i was one of the only students in the class who she didn’t have to chase down for missing assignments and that she’s thankful, and that made me really happy! she also extended the deadline of the assignment i’ve been working on this week to tomorrow. my second meeting was good as well, and it turns out i’m doing better in the course than i thought! i’ve still got a lot of work ahead of me, though. 😅💗
tidied up my room a bit.
entered a giveaway.
despite complaining about it not that long ago in the “what’s bothering you?” thread lol, i started on and finished my short story for english class! i’m not sure if it’s exactly what my teacher is looking for, but i’m kinda proud of it regardless. :’)

My mom bought the kittens another toy; she bought one for each of them ☺️. I was really surprised since two grocery trips ago, after i picked out some toys for them, she said they won’t need toys for awhile. Also, she always usually says, they have enough toys as it is. I guess even with the tough front, she secretly may want to spoil them not to mention how much she’s enjoying having them around. 🙂 I’ll try to get a picture this week if I can catch them playing with it. Spanky didn’t play with it much, but Jewels was having a blast with it. My mom thinks Jewels is the hunter of the two while Spanky is happy go lucky ☺️.
haha that sounds like my mom with alize. i remember back in december she said she had enough new toys until christmas, and yet who gave her a bunch of new ones the next day? not to mention the endless packs of springy toys she’s bought for her as well. our girls are spoiled rotten, aren’t they? 🤣🖤

Besides some things that are bothering me, I am actually pretty happy today. I get to eat my favorite breakfast, Baghrir. I am happy with my new hair (the perm). And I‘m going to meet some friends in the afternoon. I got a lot done at work this past week, so that makes me happy, too. And my guitar practice has been going really well the past couple of days.

Well, today is my final day at my (soon to be) old job. I'm actually fairly sentimental about it (I may or may not have cried about it last night :cry:). I'm sad but in the end it's all for the better. I've really grown to like the people here these last 3 years and will definitely miss them.

My new job will pay better, is way closer to home (20 min drive vs 50mins), I can also get to it via small local back roads and no longer have to take the major highway which is notorious for being dangerous.

I made my favourite homemade cream cheese brownies for everyone to enjoy for my final day here. I had fun trying different colour combinations this time. Everyone seems to really like them so far. :)

1508CCEC-EF48-483E-A16C-C37BD7B050F8.jpeg

Last edited:
Earlier when Spanky came to snuggle with me or demand attention while I was sleeping, she did something that she never did before: she nibbled on me a little. She also gave me kisses ofc ☺️. Her nibbles did not hurt like Jewels’ bites (of affection) does. Tonight she plopped at my feet by the bed on the floor; she does this a lot and I find it so cute 🥺.

046864D3-AE0B-4175-A4F1-521146E13BA6.jpeg

in the gif, you can hear her meowing ☺️; it is so tiny and cute.

I got a unit that I wanted from a free ticket in my gacha game today too. :)

Your kittens are very cute Xara and Dunquixote! I like the name Spanky haha, it kind of reminds me of Earthbound. My one kitten does that a lot where she will fall over and that's usually when she is content and really wants to be petted.

It's great that you spent some time with your grandmother, ZeldaCrossing! It was very sweet of you and your brother. You really brightened her day yesterday.

Not much happened today, aside from a really long work day. I pushed myself to exercise today, even though I was tired. So I'm glad I stuck to the schedule and didn't flake on it, even if I am really sore. I also found this old picture on my phone of my kitten. I forgot I took it and it's really cute.
He carried that plushie with him wherever they went. It was kind of difficult though with it being the size of him.
g.jpg

Today I'm happy because:

- I went back into the office today for the first time in two years and it went really well. I got to choose my own desk. I got to see my boss in person again. I got to retrieve all the stuff I left in the building when we thought we were just being sent home for a week or two, including a shark cup that my nephews gave me for Christmas one year. There was hardly anybody there so it was quiet and peaceful.
- I started walking again on my breaks now that I have a huge building at my disposal. Hopefully I can start to lose some of the extra weight I've put on.
- I got to read a little bit during my lunch break.
- The weather was nice and sunny for most of the day.
- I'm still feeling really good mentally.
- It's Friday and I have the weekend off to sleep and hopefully finish watching Shadows House.

Back