• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

just a quick little post before i fall asleep haha, but my day wasn’t too bad! it definitely wasn’t the greatest, and i’m still struggling, but today was alright! ^_^

cuddled with alize. she usually doesn’t cuddle with me for more than 5-10 minutes in the morning when she helps wake me up for school, but today she actually fell asleep on me for around half an hour haha. she stretched all the way out on my chest, which meant my face and neck got kicked a lot lmao, but she looked adorable. 🖤
went to both of my classes and completed a quiz in one of them! i think i did relatively well on it considering i’ve been absent for most of the unit so far lmao. my philosophy test was also moved to tomorrow, which i’m grateful for. i imagine trying to take it with alize on me would’ve been quite difficult lol.
did some self-care.
tidied up my room a bit.
got high for the first time since my teeth extractions!!! 🥳 i definitely won’t be doing it too often until my extraction sites heal some more, but it honestly made me feel a lot better. :’) getting high, being able to chew food and sleep on my side comfortably were the things i missed the most while recovering this past week, and not being able to do them frustrated me to no end, so i’m relieved to finally be back to normal for the most part.
did a new horizons trade.
discovered a new favourite song and some cool youtube/tiktok videos! i also watched a couple of tiktoks that made me laugh.

Oh look, I present to you another humongous post in this thread haha.
  • I played Gran Turismo 7 and recently bought the oldest drivable car in the game: The 1929 Mercedes Benz S Barker Tourer. You read that right. 1929. We're talking about vintage territory here, and it's only seven more years until it turns 100 years old (at the time of this post at least). While it was a little painful to drive in its stock performance which I kinda expected, tuning it up and making a few adjustments made it more fun to go through the corners. I even entered a race event with it and won. Imagine losing to a car that's older than the majority of the human population lol. From the update that came a few days ago, I also acquired a 1991 Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R) which is a part of the Kei car category in Japan. Basically, cars that fall under this category are pretty small in size and are even restricted in engine size and power output! Apparently, this is so people can get tax and insurance benefits for driving one. Tall people including myself won't have a great time trying to get in simply because there's not a lot of room to work with lol. Though it does drive decently in the game at least. I gotta say, it's an interesting read looking through stuff about Kei cars in general. There's no way I'll be able to see this car in real life unless I either move to Japan or someone imports it so they can drive it here from where I live. TL;DR I like the diversity of cars in this game and driving them.
The Suzuki Cappuccino has its appearance modified. You can find its stock appearance here. And no, I don't think there's a decaf version lol.
Gran Turismo® 7_20220428224343.jpg
  • Feel free to skip this point. This happened a couple of days ago, but I saw a Jaguar XKR Coupe just as I was backing out of my driveway! The year model could be somewhere between 2006 to 2014 after a little bit of research.
  • I've finished a few art pieces as a part of a small project that I'm still working on. Actually, should I even call it small anymore since I'm only making a drop of progress in each art piece? I even made a checklist and I'm not even at the halfway point yet. 😅Anyway, I felt really motivated, especially after seeing some art around here and listening to music. I'm absolutely crushing it in the past few days!
  • I played Metroid Dread! I managed to destroy another EMMI... Which took me at least 10 minutes of running around in circles because I didn't have a lot of room to get those opportunities without getting caught. 😂 Thankfully, this was all done on a single attempt, and didn't have to restart from the previous checkpoint! I had to let out a huge sigh of relief after that.
  • I and my sister went to Pet Smart since the place we went to buy food is close to it, despite the fact that we don't have pets. I have seen a few cats just curled up in their small areas while one was being petted by a person working there (and the cat absolutely loves it). We even heard a couple of dogs barking and kept looking around to see guinea pigs and parakeets. There were fishes as well and I recognize them thanks to Animal Crossing. I saw neon tetras and angelfishes for those wondering. To top it off, someone brought their dog in the store what appears to be a border collie! It even looked at me for a brief moment. :)
  • The weather was absolutely gorgeous. To top it off, there wasn't even a single cloud to be seen throughout the whole day and was blue sunny skies all around. I'm glad I had to drive somewhere because the music I've been listening to fits the vibes well. The Dancer by Wesley Fuller is the one that complements the pleasant weather the most. This song sounds like something you'd hear from the Beatles. And I totally didn't put it in my playlist just because it was in GT Sport lol.
  • I got gifted 3 TBT by @Mr_Keroppi. Thanks for the kindness! The timing couldn't be any better because I definitely had a great day today.
If you somehow read through all of this, I'd like to say thank you. I really appreciate it. 💙

My partner got us a new(er) projector and I can already tell it's WAY better than our previous one. (He is occasionally able to get us some used electronics from his job so this projector isn't actually new but it was free!) Haven't really been watching very much TV/movies lately but this much nicer projector definitely has me inspired to get caught up on all the media I'm behind on 🥰

Fingers crossed they take the W! That means it's not on til 10 my time. I definitely won't be able to watch it all. It sucks! I feel like it's been forever since I've gotten to watch a full game of theirs!

The Mavs did it! They beat the Utah Jazz 98-96 and advanced in the playoffs for the first time since 2011!!! Wooooo!!! 🏀 🔥

They'll be taking on the #1 seed Phoenix Suns next.

Opening night in 30 minutes!! I haven't performed in a while so I'm really excited :)
Post automatically merged:

Team Utah Jazz over here. (I mean I do live there soooo) Wishing both teams good luck, though!

Yo, you guys have a fantastic team! If Bojan Bogdanovic had made that last three pointer it would have forced a game seven for sure. Hats off to you guys in this series. You really made it a close one. 🏀 🎩

I received some bells and a very nice message from @/Mr_Keroppi! 💚
I was able to finish another chapter of the route I'm on in Dairoku! I'm enjoying the story, and my faves all got some screentime again, which I'm always glad about. c:
I made some more progress on the pfp requests I'm working on! I think I should hopefully have the first couple done by tomorrow.
Since I always play in handheld mode especially, I ordered myself a protective clear case for my Switch! It's really pretty with some glitter and floral designs, and I'm really excited to start using it once it arrives. ^^
Played some more Pokémon Legends: Arceus again this evening! I checked out the Crimson Mirelands for the first time, recovered some player satchels, finished a couple more requests, and made it to Sixth Star rank!

It’s been a busy week and I haven’t had a chance to post much, so this is really a round-up of thIngs from the past seven days! There are so many beautiful people on TBT especially, and I appreciate you guys. 😊💕

🌟 Last Saturday I visited my mum, and we spent an hour talking about her job (she works with elderly and disabled people). She’s always been well-liked by people, but hearing her talk about working with her clients (nothing confidential obviously) made me really appreciate what she does!
🌟 Yesterday I got to chat with these two beautiful, kind and amazing people! @Dunquixote @jadetine 💖 I don’t think I’ve mentioned here previously, but jadetine sent me snail mail with her postage stamp stickers, and I want to put them everywhere 😍, but I have to be rational about it, because I don’t want to use them all up. 😂
🌟 @_Rainy_ drew my OC in the Draw The User Above You thread, and I love it so much. You are amazing in all the ways. 💖
🌟 I picked up Nintendo Switch Sports today. I haven’t had a chance to play it, but the character customisation looks cute.
🌟 I have a bunch of work I need to do over the weekend, but it’s Friday afternoon, so I’m not going to think about it for the rest of the day. 👀

My Steam Deck is here! I got it a couple days ago, but because of scheduling and slow internet I haven't really been able to fully try it out until today and I love it. It's quite comfortable even for extended play, the battery life is respectable, and it runs all the games I've tried so far perfectly! I still have a lot of testing to go with it, but overall I'm impressed with what I'm seeing.

@Mr_Keroppi sent me some bells and a very nice message which I greatly appreciate!

Kind of a minor thing here, but today I was finally shown how to use the electric pallet jack at work (honestly, I should've asked to learn that one a very long time ago. It would've made so many things so much easier!). Since we still had time left after training though, I was also allowed to start learning how to use the forklift as well! Learning both of those greatly expands my capabilities at work, allows me to lend an extra helping hand when things get busy and the managers need someone to step in to help bring in loads or move things around in the back, and allows me to add more skills to my resume in the event that I need to begin the job hunt again. Plus, using the forklift was actually kind of fun!

steam deck.jpg

• @Mr_Keroppi sent me some bells with very sweet and thoughtful message attached, thank you so much!💚
  • Maybelle (pictured below) is here, she got here yesterday. It's gonna take some time for her and my other cat to adjust to each other, that's for sure. But I have a lot of patience :)
  • I'm going to the store later to buy some food
  • I woke up early, I love when I wake up early, it makes me feel like I'm going to have a productive day

Attachments

• Maybelle.jpg
    Maybelle.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 4
The Mavs did it! They beat the Utah Jazz 98-96 and advanced in the playoffs for the first time since 2011!!! Wooooo!!! 🏀 🔥

Yo, you guys have a fantastic team! If Bojan Bogdanovic had made that last three pointer it would have forced a game seven for sure. Hats off to you guys in this series. You really made it a close one. 🏀 🎩
I'm soooo excited!!! 🔥🏀🔥The Dirk Days are back!! Now the question is, 41 or 77. Which do I wear? Do I channel the established victory of old or do I will the win of current days?

I'm not thrilled about them facing the Suns, especially now that Booker is back. At least he had an off game last night, but I don't expect that to be the case for long. He'll be practicing and will be back normal by the time they face us. We're going to have to be on it and not play sloppy fast ball, but controlled, and intent ball.

I finally have a job interview on monday!!! it's at goodwill so not anything substantial but this is a big step forward for me!! the job I'm applying for is a clothing processor (sorting clothes and putting on hangers) so it shouldn't be draining for me. here's hoping I get it!

I'm soooo excited!!! 🔥🏀🔥The Dirk Days are back!! Now the question is, 41 or 77. Which do I wear? Do I channel the established victory of old or do I will the win of current days?

I'm not thrilled about them facing the Suns, especially now that Booker is back. At least he had an off game last night, but I don't expect that to be the case for long. He'll be practicing and will be back normal by the time they face us. We're going to have to be on it and not play sloppy fast ball, but controlled, and intent ball.

You should wear #77 naturally, since this is Luka's time to shine now.

I'm honestly not super worried about the matchup based on three things,

1) In one of the Mavs four losses to the Suns this season, during the one I watched, the Mavericks actually had a chance to beat them, and they were at full strength too. I believe the Mavs had the lead and lost it, or were close to having the lead in that game.

2) The Phoenix Suns are a really, really powerful team, but they're also vulnerable. The fact that the Pelicans were able to get any wins at all against them proves this.

3) Contrary to what some people believe, the Mavs full potential was NOT on display in that first round. I don't know if people realize it, but the Mavericks have a really, really dangerous team, and room for untapped potential. If our normal sharp shooters are dropping shots and Maxi and Dinwiddie get hot as well, combined with good defense, it can spell trouble for the Suns.

The Mavs certainly will have to play lights out basketball against them in order to advance again. But if the Mavs don't advance any further... not the end of the world. It'll be a good learning experience for Luka heading into the future either way.

---

Today I'm happy that I got paid and am going to order groceries soon! 😋

You should wear #77 naturally, since this is Luka's time to shine now.

I'm honestly not super worried about the matchup based on three things,

1) In one of the Mavs four losses to the Suns this season, during the one I watched, the Mavericks actually had a chance to beat them, and they were at full strength too. I believe the Mavs had the lead and lost it, or were close to having the lead in that game.

2) The Phoenix Suns are a really, really powerful team, but they're also vulnerable. The fact that the Pelicans were able to get any wins at all against them proves this.

3) Contrary to what some people believe, the Mavs full potential was NOT on display in that first round. I don't know if people realize it, but the Mavericks have a really, really dangerous team, and room for untapped potential. If our normal sharp shooters are dropping shots and Maxi and Dinwiddie get hot as well, combined with good defense, it can spell trouble for the Suns.

The Mavs certainly will have to play lights out basketball against them in order to advance again. But if the Mavs don't advance any further... not the end of the world. It'll be a good learning experience for Luka heading into the future either way.

---

Today I'm happy that I got paid and am going to order groceries soon! 😋
Fair point on all accounts! It is definitely Luka's time to shine, and you're right - he deserves the support!

I do agree, the Suns are extremely vulnerable right now. Booker just being back from an injury, and Paul having to carry the extra load while he was out certainly tired him out. They've also been getting in alot of foul trouble lately.

And yes, the Pelicans shouldn't have been able to win any games over the Suns. They're just not giving that pulled together team vibe, and Zion being out for like, ever, doesn't help. I think they hinged alot of their play around having him and I don't think they've really ever come back from it.

Dinwiddie has been pretty hot with his shots lately, so I think you're right, if they play top tier ball for them plus the untapped potential we know they have, they'll have it in the bag.

As for the East, lol, who KNOWS who'll come out of that one. Could literally be anyone and I wouldn't be surprised. Celtics, 76ers, and I think the Heat...it's either the Heat or the Bucks, can't remember... all have the same record. I was bummed to see the Heat knock out Atlanta, because I like Trae Young and I can't stand Eric Spoelstra for some reason lol. He's just always irritated me.

-----‐----
I'm happy that Nicholas gets to go on his first play date today!! 🥰

like I mentioned above, I finally have a job interview lined up for this Monday! I'm prob gonna be overthinking it for the next 3 days but I really do hope I get the job.
I have a few new drawing ideas, including one for pride month!
I'm finally back to working on my Super Mario 64 lego set again (after like 5 months lol whoops), just got Lethal Lava Land and Peach's Castle done yesterday and I'm gonna work on Bob-omb Battlefield today! it comes with a really smol lego chain chomp and I love it smmmm
I have some more energy to clean/organize today so I'm gonna go through my old closet and sort through all the junk in there.
I just learned today that Kroger does a thing every Friday where they mark down a dozen assorted donuts from $8 to $5, and ofc I love bavarian crème filled donuts so I got like 6 of those and then some glazed and double choco donuts too :blush:
it's finally starting to warm up again outside and I'm enjoying every moment of it!!

Thank you and congratulations!

1.) Ooo a lot of basketball fans here lol. 76ers won against the Raptors last night! They are on to play the Heat next! (If there are any other sixers reddit fans here: For Oatmeal!!!)

2.) My animal crossing town is almost done! And when it is I'll finally be able to put up a Dream Address!!

Been planning on posting earlier this week, but never got to, so I will now!

❤My good friend @Kirbyz came back on monday! It was very unexpected, but I'm still happy! I also sent her the junimo egg as promised 😊

🧡Was able to get a head start on the drawing of the next chapter of kourage! So far it's just a sketch, and it may take all of today and possibly tomorrow to finish, but I like how it looks so far!

💛Played some more splatoon with my friends all week lol

💚Bought the new pokemon unite battle pass! I definitely don't play as much as I should lol, but I may play it a bit later today so I can try to get blastoise's new holowear!

💙 Saw a YouTube video that made me laugh, someone made a trumpet boy meme, but it was based off of splatoon 2 octo expansion. I don't have a link, but it was pretty funny.

•I went for a walk with my dog and my brother! I bought a large slushie for my brother and a Klondike cone for myself, it was delicious!
•I hung out with one of my ex-best friends at school today, and it sounds like a spell for disaster but maybe we'll be able to make up and be friends again! She also gave me some sushi that she made herself at lunch.
•Chatted with an online friend for a bit, it's nice checking in and seeing how they're up to. ^^
•Looking forward to watching some more Poofesure and playing a bit of Cat Game!

Back