• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

Today was rough but there were a few good things:

My mom let me donate some money to the gofundme of a VA that I like who just got diagnosed with colon cancer; i wasn’t able to donate as much as I would’ve liked since I’m still jobless but I’m happy that I was able to donate something at least :).

One artist that I follow posted something funny that made me laugh. ☺️

Spanky did something funny two times today. Both times happened when I was looking for her downstairs, when she saw me, she ran and hid behind the litter box and stared at me from there. When I approached her, she started rolling on one of the rugs by the litter; i tell her every time to not do that, yet she does it while looking at me with a cute expression 🥺.

I've generally just been in a good mood these past few days! I'm feeling those nice Spring vibes, it's definitely my fav season 🥰
Today I:
- Ordered some clothes online that I've been wanting to get!

- Managed to get halfway through an essay tonight, only 750 words to go lol,, (seriously though I have 2 essays and a PowerPoint due in 2 weeks and I've only done 1/2 of an essay helppp 😬)

- My dad made some pilaf and spiced chicken for dinner and it was tasty

- Finally, after so long, my family and I are on equal footing with each other and see eye to eye. It's taken a LONG time to get here, but I'm glad we get along even better now. They're old, and once they pass I won't really have anyone besides my partner, so I'm glad that we love each other while they're still here.

- Work went well. I got some good things done.

- My partner has been super sweet to me today.

- I opted to skip martial arts tonight and I think I'm just going to use this weekend to catch up on sleep and chill. :giggle:

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept very deeply last night.
- I only had to work half a day today.
- I was able to watch the bunny nibbling in the backyard while I worked.
- The weather started out chilly and cloudy, but turned out rather nice by the afternoon.
- My husband's birthday present arrived a day early and it looks amazing! I can't wait to give it to him!
- My allergies have been really bringing me down this week, but they're finally starting to clear up.
- I had another good visit with my chiropractor today.
- I saw a bunch of dogs today, including two corgis. They were so fluffy!
- It's Friday so I get to sleep in and relax all weekend!

-My grandmother drove about an hour to my house just for me to look at her phone. No warning or anything, either. Just showed up and honked like a madman. It was really nice to see her, though. Also, I fixed her phone issues for her.
-My cousin's 15th birthday party was today. It was held at his grandparent's (other side of the family) lake house. My younger cousins got to swim in the lake while I and my other family members walked up the road.
-My brother's baseball game was today. They were in the second round of playoffs (I think). Sadly, they lost. They were all happy to be able to participate in the playoffs, though.
-My family and I went to a gas station with a built-in restaurant for lunch earlier. I had one of the best cheeseburgers I've ever tasted there. Afterward, we bought some ice cream and sat outside.

This post is going to be formatted just a bit differently than my usual posts here, but I’m happy with my progress as a person. I’m happy how things that would’ve hurt or upset me in the past don’t hurt or upset me now. I’m happy that whenever I do get upset it’s more of “just take a day to be sad about it and move on” than “trying to change it and hating myself over something I can’t control.” I’m happy that I’m not trying to change things for people that don’t accept me as I am. I’m happy that I’m in a better place now…

- @Foreverfox Yoooooo, I just recently bought tickets for my pops and myself for round two home game one of the Dallas Mavericks versus the Phoenix Suns (on May 6th)!!! The seats aren't super great, but I'll be excited just to be there! It'll be a wonderful birthday present! Haven't been to a Mavericks playoff game in 11 years (the last time I went was the last home game against the Oklahoma City Thunder before they advanced)!!

Started off my morning with seeing some new official artwork of one of my favorite characters, so that absolutely gave my day a boost. 💜
I was able to finish two of the pfp requests I've been working on! ^^ These have been a lot of fun to do; and I've been itching for some more creative projects lately.
I finally finished the route I was playing in Dairoku! While this love interest wasn't really my type personally (I rarely go for the poster boys in otome, ahaha), I still really enjoyed the route, and it was really nice that so many of the other characters got to play a role as well. c: All I've got left now is the Finale route, and I'm super excited to get started on it!

- @Foreverfox Yoooooo, I just recently bought tickets for my pops and myself for round two home game one of the Dallas Mavericks versus the Phoenix Suns (on May 6th)!!! The seats aren't super great, but I'll be excited just to be there! It'll be a wonderful birthday present! Haven't been to a Mavericks playoff game in 11 years (the last time I went was the last home game against the Oklahoma City Thunder before they advanced)!!
Whhhaaaaattttt, that's awesome!!! Super jealous, but man, enjoy that game!!! 🤩🏀🔥

- Did so much cleaning today. Like that's all I did today, just clean clean clean.
- Managed to catch a Porygon in Pokémon Go when going to get food!
- Talked to my mom, she made it through customs and tomorrow morning I will go and get her from the airport. I haven't seen her in 2 years (Literally the month before the pandemic got bad)
- Sold my black rose collectibles! Woo!

My new cat Maybelle seems to like the catnip banana toy I have, it's gonna take her and my other cat some time to adjust to each other, I just have to have patience.

I'm happy because today I'm ordering a bunch of stuff for the kitties.
New toys, a brush, a hammock/scratching post thing for them to hang out in, bowtie collars, catnip, new bowls, more food and litter. :)

Also I bought another 12 month Nintendo Switch Online membership since mine is expiring on the 10th of May. And a couple DVDs ( Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them)

I had lucky charms for breakfast and it was so good! There were so many marshmallows in it. It's been a long time since I've had it.

Attachments

• catnipbanana.jpg
    catnipbanana.jpg
    351.1 KB · Views: 2
-I went for another walk with my dog and my brother earlier!
-I got some Reese's peanutbutter cups!
-My grandma came to visit and she gave us some pizza!
-My grandma also got me a box of some Paw Patrol candycanes she had, they're pretty good!
-I got to watch Poofesure's new video, I'd say that's the highlight of my day!
-The weather is really nice, I went outside to do my homework and I saw some blue jays!
-I'm listening to a FNF cover of Taki and Nikusa singing Genocide right now!

Back