• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

three things I'm happy about rn:

1. today has been a fun day so far! I tried something new today: I took my dog for a walk, but the twist was that I was wearing my inline skates! I havent gone skating lately bc I feel bad spending money to go to the skating rink so I've been thinking of skating on the street/sidewalk and I figured it would be fun if my dog could pull me along. naturally I fell a lot bc sidewalks are sometimes uneven and rocks exist (darn u mr thwompo) but it was really fun! I'm quite proud of how patient my dog is considering he's only 2 years old and still has a lot of energy. he even let me catch my falling self on him sometimes. def gonna do that more often, he loves walking and I love skating so it's a match made in heaven. I'll just have to start going out when it's not 83° and sun beating down on us 😂🥵
now I'm cooling off in a lukewarm bath with a bottle of water and snacks. it's quite relaxing 🥰🥰

2. I'm gonna start shading my drawing today, hoping to get it done by tonight bc I have to leave early tomorrow. I need to fix a few lineart details but I really like how it's going so far!

3. so I'm sad that the reason why I'm leaving tomorrow is to go to funeral services for both of my maternal grandparents (I've been thinking abt them a lot lately and I'm sad they're gone) but I'm also really excited bc I haven't been able to actually visit multiple of my mom's family members in years and years. it'll be nice to see everyone again and hang out for a few days.

edit: actually there's a fourth thing too. I've been working on the toyhouse profiles for my Super Mario fan characters and it's been fun fleshing out their personalities and relationships with other characters!

Happy today because I:

- Played and watched a lot of fun SSBU games with @BrokenSanity @LittleMissPanda @DarkDesertFox @nerfeddude @~Kilza~ @Venti - thank you for making time for these! 🥰

- Saw an adorable Shih-Tzu on today's walk (pic below. His name is Jasper!)

- Made and enjoyed a pear sauce. Think apple sauce only with pears instead. Great with yogurt! (pic below)

- Went to get ice cream with a friend and her one-year-old daughter

- Made a lot of progress in the book Think and Grow Rich. One of my previous mentors gave this to me and I never got around to reading it. Happy to be doing so now and will complete it tomorrow!

yPPy1rW.jpg

wPL5f1e.jpg

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept deeply again last night.
- I woke up for the first time in weeks able to breathe free of congestion. My allergies have been killing me.
- I went into the office today and was able to manage my schedule better and get things done with fewer distractions.
- I had Subway for lunch. I was craving a sub and chips so it really hit the spot.
- I had a good appointment with my counselor today. She said I could decrease my sessions from every 2 weeks to monthly because I'm doing so well. We actually ran out of things that I needed to talk to her about before my full hour was up.
- They were calling for rain and thunderstorms all day, but the most it ever did when I was out and about was a light rain.
- Today was Friday and this evening was the start of my vacation. I don't have to go back to work until May 23rd!

Last edited:
Haven't posted in a few days since I've been sick with some little cold, but I'm feeling a little better today, and I've still been happy about a few things since my last post! c:
I finished my last two pfp requests!
I played DQVIII for a while, and got Baumren's Bell! I'd been feeling the pain of being unable to sprint (especially while hunting for hidden chests in the overworld), so this felt like a blessing, honestly. Didn't feel up to playing for a few days after that, but I've gotten back into it and have made some more progress in the story too!
I have discovered oatmeal and it's actually kinda good?? Homemade is definitely better than instant though, the instant kind is way too sugary for me. For homemade, adding in an apple and some cinnamon has been my go-to.
I voted early in my local primaries!!
I saw a cat I haven't seen before in my backyard while I was trying to get some laundry done—really beautiful classic tabby, who I think may have had folded ears.
And today, I'm glad I was feeling well enough to hang out on here a little more, especially in time to enjoy The Woods! ^^

happy friday the 13th, ya’ll!! 🖤 didn’t post yesterday or earlier today as i’m still tired as hell lol, but i’m doing alright otherwise!! got lots of kitten loving time in the past couple days. <33

yesterday (05/12)
did some self-care.
the fire alarm went off around 2am and woke me up. i’m obviously not happy about this, but i’m just grateful we didn’t have to evacuate and that it wasn’t that serious. the fire alarm has gone off multiple times already this year with 2 evacuations. the last one was scary (and honestly kinda traumatizing), so i hope it never happens again, and i’m happy that it didn’t this morning.
went to both of my classes even though i really didn’t want to and completed a quiz in philosophy. i did a lot better on it than i did the unit 2 test, which i’m happy about lol.
tidied up my room a bit by getting rid of all the empty boxes/packaging and recyclables, reorganizing my dresser and bedside organizational cart, and putting a bag in my garbage can! it’s not much, but i’m proud of myself regardless. :’)
got high.
cuddled with alize. 🖤
BD01700D-F804-400D-8395-C5C754FCDEF1.jpeg
finally sent an email to my school guidance counsellor that i’ve been putting off. i’m terrified that he won’t respond (or that his response won’t be good) as that’ll likely result in me dropping out and pursuing my GED instead (which honestly might be for the best regardless), but i tried my best, and that’s all that matters. the situation’s outta my hands now until monday. 🤷🏻‍♀️

today (05/13)
it’s finally friday!! i hope ya’ll have a good weekend! :)
cuddled with alize. <33
pov: you’re alize and you want me to stop taking pictures and start petting.
2327A6D4-4D38-46B3-976D-A988967D907D.jpeg
B55A7AA7-0BDC-464C-AB8C-13111FDD4779.jpeg

EAB22C7B-EB73-4DB6-ABA1-9E077C1BCA0A.jpeg

D1ED8A4B-6B0F-43B0-A280-CE0027CC554C.jpeg
1C140581-02BD-473A-AE58-EBAFBFB92884.jpeg
6C5909F6-47E3-43EC-B143-6A50523E1E77.jpeg
2AA01301-6007-470D-B726-57868F3E75F7.jpeg
got high.
went to school. i only had philosophy today as my other class got cancelled, and it actually went well for once!! the in-person students had class outside, my teacher actually acknowledged me and said my name for once (for something other than attendance), and i even answered a question out loud! huge win for me. ☺️
my mom finally bought our canada’s wonderland passes today, and we’ll be going for the first time on sunday!! i’m anxious as her temper is unpredictable and something always seems to set her off whenever we go out together, plus i imagine it’ll be crowded and that makes me nervous as well, but i’m also excited as i haven’t been to canada’s wonderland since i was in elementary school, and it’ll be nice to get out! we plan on going on a few rides (none of the big rollercoasters. she loves them, i’m terrified of them 🤣), checking out the gift/candy shop, and maybe seeing a dog show!! sounds like it might be a fun day. 🥳
did some self-care.
discovered a couple new favourite tiktoks and watched one that made me laugh.
had a great time talking to my amazing friend @moo_nieu!! 🖤 talking to them always makes me happy; they’re one of the awesomest people i know. ^_^

Haven't posted in a few days since I've been sick with some little cold, but I'm feeling a little better today, and I've still been happy about a few things since my last post! c:
ahh, i’m sorry to hear that you got sick!! :’o i’m glad you’re feeling better, though. 🖤

The Dallas Stars WIN their game 6 against the Calgary Flames 4-2, with the game-winner being credited to Miro Heiskanen, and force a game seven back in Alberta! I have to admit I haven't been following the Stars as much as the Mavericks this season, but watching that game was very exciting! Always happy when my Stars win. 💚 💚 💚 🏒

I didn't come online yesterday so this a mix of two days.
  • Had a meeting yesterday with a former lecturer. It felt very casual and I was able to get a lot of things off my chest. She praised me for how I handle conflict and resolve problems, bless her.
  • There was a work social yesterday. My new supervisor kindly bought me a glass of wine and we had a good chat! Also had the opportunity to meet cool people outside of our team.
  • Met my girlfriend after for more drinks bad idea I'm paying for it today and she treated me to coffee at a lovely dog-friendly café this morning before she had to take off. So many dogs!
  • Eurovision tonight!! Parents are throwing a party and providing dinner which means I don't need to cook. 💪

Nice and sunny day 😊☀️
Mum got me another pair of new trainers 👟 (same make as my other ones but different colour)
Mum got me a new backpack 🎒 (for work)
Mum got me a new t shirt 👚
Mum got me a animal crossing notebook 📒
Had lunch out 🥪 (fish finger sandwich and coke)
Had pizza for Dinner 🍕
Had ice cream for dessert 🍦
Watched the second Harry Potter film 🎞

C83F8BE7-B195-4025-B192-3409E63F2927.jpeg

C700EA2F-6183-4FD2-8B98-E21555CADCF2.jpeg

Last edited:
Happy today because I:

- Had the opportunity to sit outside and chat with my landlord for a while (don't normally)
- Finished Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Went on a nice long walk - perfect temperature (20°C / 68°F)
- Finally cleaned my floors and bathroom which I originally intended to do a couple of days ago
- Used a bunch of willpower to avoid purchasing something I shouldn't right now
- "Cooked" two meals for me (veggie omelet & blueberry banana pancakes)
- Pet a golden retriever for an hour
- Did some minor weights
- Slept in until 9:30 a.m.
- Enjoyed a delicious coffee and earl gray tea

I had a productive day Saturday! It's been a while since I've gotten that much done on a weekend day. Normally, if I don't have plans with someone I try to find activities to do outside of the house but for the first time in months I stayed home and got some things done that I've been putting off for a while and still went to an event in the evening.

I'm so happy that the Bolts beat the Leafs 2-1 to win the series and move on! Super stressful game, I'm so, so happy they managed to hold on in the 3rd. Gonna be another tough series against the Panthers in the next round, but man, the quest to three-peat is still alive!

I went to a funeral today for some of my deceased family members, and obviously it wasn't great (not in the slightest), but surprisingly there were some good things that happened today!
  • We went to an air-conditioned funeral home instead of a graveyard/cemetery like I originally thought, which is great because it was a scorching 31 degrees Celsius (88 degrees Farenheit) outside.
  • THE FUNERAL HOME SERVED FREE COFFEE!!! I had two cups of French Vanilla and it was delicious. ^^
  • I got to see my older brother, me and my younger brother hung out with him a lot today. I made a stupid joke about my older brother being six kilometres tall, which was random and funny at the same time.
  • We went to a Chinese buffet after the service, I really liked the chicken and seafood!!
  • I got to play Wii Sports in the morning before leaving!
  • I'm so grateful to have family members who love me. I had my parents, brothers, aunts, and my grandma giving me hugs and asking me if I'm okay during the funeral. <3

Last edited:
Today I'm happy because:

- I slept pretty deeply and got to sleep in this morning.
- My dog was playful and cute this morning.
- I'm off work all week!
- I got to watch another episode of Bridgerton. Only one more episode to go.
- Tomorrow is my husband's birthday. I'm excited to give him his gift and we're going out to dinner to celebrate.
- The weather wasn't too bad today. The rain stopped early and sun came out.
- I took a nice shower and did some self-care.

Honestly, I don't have much, but today was pretty good!
❤:I know we're in the middle of May, but I'm very excited for pride month! My school is also doing something for pride month, and I'm very excited!
🧡I don't know why, but I decided to watch bébé's kids yet again, and I felt pretty good afterwards.
💛Made a lot of drawings recently in my Art thread, and I'm very proud of them 🙂
💚Overall I've been doing pretty good mentally and physically , and I'm happy!

Back