• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

I got to see some new official artwork of a few of my faves!! ^^ It was actually a preview of an anniversary piece for next month, so I'm excited to see everything in full then.
I got to play some Legends: Arceus today, and I was able to calm the frenzied noble Lilligant! Got a couple requests in and retrieved some satchels too.
I watched the first few episodes of Spy x Family! I've been hearing a lot of good things about it, and I'm glad I decided to check it out. I'm enjoying it; it's really cute/wholesome in an odd sort of way, ahahaha.

Apologies for invading your notifications lol. It's been a few days since I last came to this thread! I'll point out the things that happened over the past few days provided I can remember them. I'm still trying to hang in there from the incident almost a week ago now. 🥲

• I finally got to finish Metroid Dread! I must say, it's a pretty great game and I'm left wondering why I didn't get into the Metroid series much sooner. Apparently, this game started development all the way back in 2005 for the DS before being canceled numerous times according to what I've read. And I thought having numerous delays for Zelda BotW was bad. Man, you Metroid fans had it rough! It also made me happy that the game sold very well and that it ended up selling the most copies in the series! It's great and I'm hoping they'd continue to go forward with Metroid in the future.
  • The days are getting warmer and I don't have to bring out my sweater as often. In fact, I ended up wearing shorts.
  • I and my mother bought some things at a grocery store that was on sale.
  • I went on a car stroll and had iced capp from Tim Hortons! I also saw a few doggos in the process.
  • Feel free to skip this point. This was actually from a few days ago, but I spotted a Lexus SC 430. Nothing too special, but it's nice seeing one. As for today, I have definitely seen a Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe C2, even though I only got to see its back. Fun fact: some of the C2 Corvettes have a 'split window' on the back, but the one I saw doesn't. Would it be nice to see the first-gen Corvette someday? That's the only generation left I have yet to spot in real life.
  • I played Gran Turismo 7 and made a simple livery! I also did a couple more silly custom races again.
Dang, Kirby is still running free with that 1968 Fiat 500 F, eh?
Gran Turismo® 7_20220514231513.jpg
  • Over the past few days, I'm constantly making progress on my art project. Today felt even better, as I finished 10 pieces! I'm absolutely crushing it right now and getting even closer to the halfway point!
  • I got to watch a part of the 12 hours Bathurst race endurance livestream. It's nice watching different motorsports since the TV channels here in Canada avoid them like a plague and anything else on four wheels lol.
I have discovered oatmeal and it's actually kinda good?? Homemade is definitely better than instant though, the instant kind is way too sugary for me. For homemade, adding in an apple and some cinnamon has been my go-to.
You should try mixing Nutella with oatmeal. It tastes great with it!

@Foreverfox

Later tonight (Sunday) there's two games I'm REALLY looking forward to. The first is at 7 p.m. CST on TNT, it's game 7 between the Dallas Mavericks and Phoenix Suns!!

And the second is at 8:30 p.m. CST on ESPN2, it's game 7 between the Dallas Stars and Calgary Flames!!

I'm really hoping both Dallas teams win, but no matter if we win or lose, it was a good run either way. Especially the Mavs' run. Gives me hope that they can do the same next year. 😤

Did some relaxing today this morning. I could've gotten more done but decided not to push myself.

I went to a trial cooking lesson and ending up buying a package. I'll keep going back for a year or so and doing a beginner's course with standard meals! For becoming a member I also get to do a cookie making class in a couple of weeks.

Had Korean food with a group of people in Shinokubo ( the Koreantown of Tokyo). It's been more than two years since I was in that area and I forgot how much fun it. I'm still trying to see when I can go back to Korea. In the meantime, I'll keep studying a bit of Korean/

yesterday
- i watched Eurovision with my mum last night, i don't usually watch it but I'm glad I did! UK came second place after Ukraine! a great result considering how badly we've done in the past,,
- i listened to Florence Welch's new album and absolutely loved it. she's one of my fav artists of all time. i will be listening to Dream Girl Evil on repeat for the next few days 🥰

today
- i had a great day today! the weather was perfect, warm with a cool breeze, and even though it was forecast to rain, the rain never came
- went out for lunch with my friend and it was really nice. we had beef + caramelised onion paninis, and then I had a mint chocolate aero cake with coffee 😋

Happy today because I:

- Went for another long walk
- Finally found a buyer for my electric coffee grinder that I've been trying to sell
- Spent the afternoon watching anime and playing games with a few friends
- Pet my other favorite golden buddy, Thor (pics below)
- Spent some time with my parents and had dinner at their place
- Made plans with friends for next week
- & because I generally just feel good today

OID1OU5.jpg

O8HWvrT.jpg

• I slept in a little bit which was nice
  • Had a pizza hot pocket
  • My cats have been really sweet :)
  • I played The Sims 4, Stardew Valley, and Pokémon Legends Arceus today. Had a lot of free time since I did all my cleaning yesterday
  • I started reading a new book series and it's very interesting so far
  • Ate vegetables today! Have a really hard time getting myself to eat them but I'm trying to start eating them more, so I'm proud of myself
  • Having an iced coffee right now and it's very refreshing
  • Took a nice hot shower tonight which was pretty relaxing

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept pretty well last night and got to sleep in this morning.
- The weather was sunny and warm, just the way I like it.
- I got to finish season 2 of Bridgerton today. I can't wait for season 3!
- It was my husband's birthday today. He loved the present I bought him and we spent a nice day together.
- We went out to dinner at his favorite Japanese restaurant and it was delicious.
- We went to Dairy Queen for dessert and I got a Girl Scouts Thin Mint blizzard.
- I saw a beautiful moon tonight. It was big and low with a soft golden glow and it was framed perfectly by the clouds.
- I don't have to work at all this week so I can sleep in again tomorrow!

@Venti the Mavs are going to the conference FINALSSSS!!!! Let’s goooooo!!!! What a game!

They did it!!!! They beat the best team in the NBA this season, the Phoenix Suns, 123-90 in a blowout in game seven IN PHOENIX, and will advance to the Western Conference Finals to play against the Golden State Warriors!! WOOOOO!!! Let's go!!!!

They really did play so hot that they scorched the Suns. 🔥 🏀 🔥 😎

I started talking another person at work who is in this group of friends and I’m starting to feel like I’m part of their group.
I’m going to Vegas at the beginning of June and it’s going to be nice to have some time away.
I slept very well last night and had the chance to play some video games before work, as well!

Finally ordered another eyelash serum since I used up the old one and an outdoor foldable chair so that I can sit on my veranda. For whatever reason I've been putting off ordering them for months! I was able to use Amazon gift cards I received and I still have money left over.

My dad got a Fitbit as a part of a health group he's in and doesn't want it, so he's sending it to me! I thought a bit about getting one but they're expensive and I wasn't sure how much use I'd get out of it. I've been trying to get into better shape recently so I'm looking forward to trying it out.

I've been a lot better recently about replying to people in a timely matter.

Finally finished reading my first Star Wars Novel!

Master and Apprentice by Claudia Gray was a very enjoyable read even to a person who is not exactly a Star Wars fan…then again I do love me some Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi!

Now I am looking at buying an older book series from the late 90s and early 2000s based on the early days of that duo called The Jedi Apprentice series.

What can I say? I enjoy books!

Back