• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

🤩 oooo so I saw on twitter today of an indie game coming out that gives strong warioland4 vibes!!!!!! I am so excited for this. I loved that game, and recently played through most of that game (I still have a boss and a level to go through) and always wished Nintendo made more or that some indie developers would make something similar to it. It was unique and this game that is coming out also appears to give that unique vibe as well. It is called ANTONBLAST and is currently on kickstarter, has demo on itch.io and has a Steam page. I totally just wishlisted it. ✊🥲

🤪💰 🍾💿

- today started out bad but ended really good!

- i managed to get nearly all of my work for uni finished today, i just have one more bit of audio to record before I can upload my powerpoint, and i finished off the bibliography for my last essay and submitted my reflective account

- it's my birthday tomorrow, so my mum and I went out to collect a parcel I'd ordered and also to get a cake (bakery carrot cake ofc). we went out for food afterwards and it was really relaxing and nice.

- even though i missed a package earlier this afternoon, the courier showed up just twenty minutes ago and delivered it! super happy about that, it means i don't have to be on-alert for it tomorrow 🥲

- and currently having some coffee and biscuits while playing pocket camp 🥰

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept really well and got to sleep in again this morning.
- I didn't have to work today and I'm off again tomorrow.
- I was feeling lazy all day and I was able to indulge in that and lounge around the house.
- The weather was lovely, sunny, and warm again today.
- My dog snuggled with me on the couch a few times today.
- I'm looking forward to reading my book later tonight.

I'm happy that the Tampa Bay Lightning won their opening game against the Florida Panthers 4-1 to go up 1-0 in the series! It'll be a stressful couple of weeks of playoff hockey for me, so I'm really glad this round is starting on the right foot.

I got my label maker working earlier today (my dad apparently found it in a dumpster like 2 years ago and just now gave it to me OTL) so I've been making a bunch of labels, I'm particularly proud of my gender-reaffirming labels lol
20220517-215337.jpg

my dad and I got a ton of work done in our living room today, we're prepping it to have a new flooring put in and I can't wait til it's all done!! we haven't really had a presentable living room in like 6-7 years so it'll be so nice when it's all done.
got some more toyhou.se stuff done today, including adding my newest drawing to all the appropriate character profiles and updating Toby's profile :3
went and trimmed a bunch more overgrown plants in the yard
watered my sunflowers 🌻 I always feel like I'm playing Animal Crossing irl when I water them lol
got some more cool stuff from Goodwill today, including a big rabbit squishmallow (for $3 yeet), a webkinz cherry blossom bird (which I've been wanting for a while bc a friend of mine used to have it), and a cute red fox plushie to put in my car!
got a few other things that I needed, I'm most excited abt this squishy bunny thing I got at dollar tree cause it's the perfect fidget toy :)
grateful that I—and also my parents and brother—am alive and well <333

Today has been a pretty great day for me. 😊
  • I had to drop off my mother at work earlier this morning and the skies were pretty clear!
  • Not long after I drove away from my house, I saw a blue jay for the very first time! It brought me a lot of happiness as I have never seen one in person up until today!
  • I made more progress on my art project and guess what? Since starting in late March, I have finally passed 50% completion in terms of the things I need to do! I'm so happy about this. While the second half is arguably going to take me much longer to complete (probably gonna finish around late August near my b-day lol), completing one thing at a time is one of the few things that keeps me motivated. And that doesn't even factor in the extra ideas that might pop in my head down the line. But that's okay because it will only make my art project better!
  • I played Gran Turismo 7 and did some time trials! It's always satisfying to set a quick lap time to the best of my abilities and adapt to the different handling styles of various cars.

My foldable chair arrived! It's pretty nice being able to sit out on my veranda now. The chair isn't perfect but it'll do.

I also made my appointment to get my 3rd Covid vaccination. Surprisingly, I was able to get in tomorrow after work! Before, I had to go far away during the work day but this time it's just a short walk away and after work. Most clinics in Japan aren't open in the evenings but since it's a big center for vaccination it worked out great!

I've been wanting to make TikToks of my travels these past few months but kept putting it off because I would get too tired after work to put them together. I just realized I can save a draft of them and make them any time of day now! I'm looking forward to posting them.

Last edited:
- The sun is shining outside.

- Work is going well.

- The kitties and my partner are being sweet.

- @Foreverfox Tonight at 8 p.m. CST on TNT, it's GAME 1 between the Dallas Mavericks and Golden State Warriors in the Western Conference Finals!! You know the drill, the objective hasn't changed, it's to WIN! LET'S GO MAVS!

It's my birthday!! I just wanted to have a relaxed day today, so I didn't have anything planned! 😌
I got some great presents from my family, some money + Pokemon Legends: Arceus from my dad, and a Vivienne Westwood necklace from my mum 😍 My sister got me a scented candle and some chocolates, and my aunt came over for a quick visit too

I made a hummus and chicken tikka wrap, then ate some of my absolute fav carrot cake and now I'm currently enjoying a coffee 🥰

I've had a few stressful days so it's been hard to find things to be happy about. But here are a few things I can think of

• I watched a few episodes of Pokemon, including the first episode of the new Hisuian anime
  • Played some Stardew Valley. Almost have Elliot at 10 hearts, currently at 9 hearts. Completed more things in the community center.
  • Did an animal crossing trade with a member here yesterday and got an item I never thought I'd be able to get (the 2021 celebratory arch, I somehow missed getting it when it was available in 2021) so I'm very happy to have that added to my catalog.
  • My kitties are being sweet
  • I decorated another vacation home in HHP and am happy with how it turned out.

I have a huge list of to-do chores that I've written for myself so I don't forget a lot of the things. And I'm slowly knocking down one or more at a time. I'm looking forward to clearing out the growth around this tree that has these bell like flowers that grow on it. I need to do it soon so it doesn't suffocate and die. I don't even know what it's called. It's not mine and it's in the woods near my house, but I want to keep it alive.

The last few weeks have been pretty rough, but I'm slowly coming out of the nightmare lol.

- Made a lot of progress in my new book
That's awesome! Also good luck with your applications and job hunt!

@xSuperMario64x Very cool! What kind of flooring is this? Carpeting, real hardwood, or the fake wood (that still looks very real) It's a lot of work. I totally get all that prepwork. I did that for someone and then had to buy plywood to raise the floorboards to be level with all the other rooms. It's crazy that cheap pine plywood cost more than the flooring because of the lumber shortage.

Nice work with the upkeep of your garden/yard to!

• I did this walk thing (no idea what it's called, but a lot of people called it a parade) at my school to fight against homophobia and transphobia. It was fun, and I was just happy to be there for a good cause. Since we were such good students, we got free ice cream sandwhiches. Yum! I also got a T-shirt, I chose red. :]
  • I made three new pieces of art, and I'm happy about how they turned out! :D All in my art gallery, by the way.
  • I went to my grandma's house to play our weekly bingo! We didn't win, but it was still a lot of fun.
  • We ate lasagna for supper, which is one of my favorite dishes!!

I’m highly satisfied with the period underwear I ordered online. This is coming from someone who does not normally wear underwear, my time of month being the obvious exception. For reference, I’m skinny so my cycle usually lasts three to four days with two slightly heavy days. I am using the Thinx brand.
It’s been a relatively slow day at work and everything is going smoothly enough that I’m working at a comfortable pace. I have the next two days off, as well!
I’m excited to have a few days off to relax and recuperate. I have plans to have a Pokémon battle with my friend tonight and I might play some Madden 22 afterwards.

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept really well again last night.
- The weather was lovely again today.
- The honeysuckle are everywhere and I love the way they smell.
- I helped my mom with her rent recertification and everything went well.
- I stayed to visit with her for a while afterwards and it was nice to just hang out and talk.
- I also got to visit with her cat, Sassy, who was very loving today. She kept butting up against my legs for attention every time I stopped petting her.
- I got my car washed and it looks so much better.
- I had a good session with my massage therapist.
- I'm starting to feel like I'm coming out of the funk I've been in the past few days. I'm hoping to get a little more accomplished tomorrow.
- My skin is feeling so much softer and I feel more confident after switching to a new brand of facial cleanser.
- I had mozzarella sticks for dinner tonight and a strawberry My Mochi for dessert.
- I still have four more days off before I have to go back to work!

@xSuperMario64x Very cool! What kind of flooring is this? Carpeting, real hardwood, or the fake wood (that still looks very real) It's a lot of work. I totally get all that prepwork. I did that for someone and then had to buy plywood to raise the floorboards to be level with all the other rooms. It's crazy that cheap pine plywood cost more than the flooring because of the lumber shortage.

Nice work with the upkeep of your garden/yard to!
I asked my dad and he said it's called vinyl plank, it's wayyyy better than laminate. we had laminate in our kitchen (idk who thought that was a good idea) and ofc water on the floor destroyed it. this new flooring should be much more durable and last a long time. for now we're installing this in our living room but my dad would eventually like to put it in the kitchen/dining area as well.
we did have to buy pine plywood planks to raise the floor up to the level of the floor in our hallway, and it was $42 per sheet!! with tax the total came to about $300. it's insane but it'll be so nice when the floor is finally done.

and yeah! I didn't get to do any yard work today because it rained all day. but trimming overgrown plants is kinda therapeutic in a way, so that along with just wanting the property to look presentable makes it enjoyable for me :blush:

Back