• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept fairly well last night.
- I finished all of my high priority work today.
- I only have to work two more days this week.
- The weather was nice and warm today.
- My dog snuggled in my lap this evening.
- I'm feeling less stressed and so is my whole household.
- I've been re-reading parts of my novel and I'm really happy with a lot of it so far. I can't wait to start writing again.

I'll recap the past couple of days and list a few stuff that made me happy today. 😊

May 29, 2022
  • I got to watch the 2022 Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix! If navigating through the narrow streets wasn't tough enough, the conditions were pretty wet too in the earlier stages of the race. I'll admit it was a little boring since it's hard to overtake on that track, but it was still nice to watch. Charles Leclerc is having some bad luck in the past couple of races, unfortunately.
  • I played Gran Turismo 7 to participate in online races since it was the last day for free online. A few races involved where I had to drive a Dallara SF19 Super Formula. It handles so well through corners and you can still slow down in time for the corner even when braking late! And when driven to the limit, it's so fun to drive. Anyway, I somehow managed to finish 2nd which is a miracle in itself, because I didn't do too well in the races after that. It certainly didn't help when I got sent to the shadow realm by others at the first turn on the first lap with me being a noob afterward and spinning throughout the race. 😅 I took part in a different race where I had to drive a seventh-generation Volkswagen Golf GTI. I wasn't fortunate in one of them (even lost a podium position because of a time penalty for exceeding track limits rip), but the last one was a nice send-off before the free trial ended. I had a close battle with this one person for 1st place and it was clean throughout respecting each other's space and not making contact. My heart was racing and I had to be smooth with my inputs on a controller since the car is front-wheel drive (applying too much gas will give you understeer when turning, losing time). Trail braking and sliding at just the right angle to get through corners quickly is a must because this person I was battling with had a very similar pace as me. We were constantly switching positions! I somehow came out on top and we congratulated each other in the end. Heck, they even complimented my clean driving which was very nice! Driving an everyday road car can also produce an intense race with the right people, and an exhilarating one too. The replay of the said race was saved meaning I could watch it back as many times I want and analyze my performance. There's more I'd like to say, but it's gone on for too long now lol.
Yep, I even made a basic livery (which was imported from GT Sport actually) of team Blue's Clues because why not? It's a little hard to see, but the leaves seen on my racing suit represents my villagers from both New Leaf and New Horizons. 😊
Gran Turismo® 7_20220529132154.jpg

Sterling has no shame in letting everyone know that he has fleas. 😆
Kyoto Driving Park - Miyabi_.jpeg

I may have spotted this Volkswagen Golf VII GTI numerous times as seen here in real life so uhhhh... *Quietly adds it to my list of identified cars*
Gran Turismo® 7_20220529235259.jpg
  • I am once again making more progress in my art project! I finished a piece and already got started on another. This one is a little more outside my comfort zone, so it took me some time. Regardless, I made decent progress on it as well.
May 30, 2022
  • More progress on my art project again!
  • This may sound odd to some, but my dad started to talk to me again, along with my sister since that 'incident' from a few weeks ago. It just makes me happy again that I'm not being ignored anymore after what had happened. Maybe if I didn't drive down that bloody street stufed with traffic in the first place, it wouldn't have happened, but that's in the past now and we should move on.
  • I got some stuff from the grocery store.
  • While driving home with my mother and sister, I was listening to relaxing Gran Turismo soundtracks like usual. My mother complimented how one of them sounded nice which pleasantly surprised me. It's unbelievable my family hasn't gone crazy yet and I've been doing this for nearly a year now. In case you're wondering what soundtrack it is, it's called Memorabilia by Taku Yabuki.
This occasionally appears in 7 as well after a race. I'll be honest with you, this is one of the few soundtracks that makes me want to tear up. It's also nostalgic since I first heard it somewhere between 2011-2012. That piano is just so beautiful. 🥲

May 31, 2022
  • You know what I'm gonna say. I'm still making progress on my art project and managed to finish a piece! I've been experimenting with one thing to make my art better ever so slightly that it's not even noticeable at a quick glance. But hey, I'll take that 1% improvement any day. :)
  • Feel free to skip this point. I saw a classic MINI Cooper! It looks similar to the one from Mr. Bean as well as the badge, except it's painted in all black. I wonder if it's got a detachable steering wheel (watch from 1:04 to 1:35)? Or is the roof strong enough to be able to put a sofa on top and drive the car from there? 😆 Apparently, the MINI brand is considered German since they're owned and made by BMW, but I don't buy that. It'll always be British in my eyes.
  • I looked at the most recent art made by @/xSuperMario64x today and I'm extremely cutified by it. Not only did it make me feel fuzzy on the inside, but it gave me a huge surge of motivation. I should use it to continue chipping away at my art project while it's still going strong. In fact, I started another piece and I'm already heading into the shading stages after doing the rough sketches, rough outlining, final outlining, and colouring within a fairly short time!
  • I got to play a little bit of Gran Turismo 7.

Wow, I did it again with another long post. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk lol.

Feeling better this evening than I did earlier today, so I'm hoping I'll have some more energy tomorrow to get some much needed chores done. I actually got most of the dishes washed and I swept/mopped the living room floor so I was at least a bit productive!
I got another rough sketch done for a new drawing, it's for a character which I haven't drawn in forever and their anatomy in particular is really tricky to draw so this should be an interesting experiment.
unfortunately my Sega Genesis still doesn't work, but I think I know now why. if the "master oscillator" goes bad then the console won't boot any games at all. it can be ordered new or taken out of a junk Genesis, though idk when I'll be able to do something like that. hoping that the soldering process isn't too complicated, I've soldered stuff before so I'm not worried too much abt that. if that's the issue and putting in a new one fixes it then I'll be really happy! I would love to play Sonic and Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine and Mickey Mania again.
I started a new game on Mario Party 1, playing Luigi's Engine Room for the very first time (idk why I never played it before lol), it's almost 11pm here so we'll see how that goes tomorrow!
the CRT TV in our storage room does in fact still work, so tomorrow I'm gonna try to get it out of there since the TV in our living room rn is only 19" and really difficult to see lol. this CRT is a lot bigger but it also prob weighs at least 60-70 lbs so ig I'll see if I can get it out without help. if not I'm sure my dad will help at some point.
I remembered that I had kool-aid packets so I made some strawberry lemonade kool-aid and it's really good 😁🍓🍋
I've spontaneously developed a new crush. idk why or how it came to be but I've been thinking abt them all day and it makes me so happy 🥰🥰

Decided to get Paramount+ so I can watch Sonic 2 again and maybe watch some other stuff it has. I was happy to see the movie again after watching it in the theaters as I didn’t want to wait for the dvd release, lol.
I've been meaning to watch it, I've heard a lot of people say it has quite a few flaws but I mean like? I'm not a movie critic by any means, I just watch movies for fun, and I really enjoyed the first one so I think I would prob like the second one too!

I looked at the most recent art made by @/xSuperMario64x today and I'm extremely cutified by it. Not only did it make me feel fuzzy on the inside, but it gave me a huge surge of motivation. I should use it to continue chipping away at my art project while it's still going strong. In fact, I started another piece and I'm already heading into the shading stages after doing the rough sketches, rough outlining, final outlining, and colouring within a fairly short time!
I'm really happy to hear this bro!! feels nice to know that there are people here who genuinely appreciate and are inspired/motivated by my art ☺️

Today hasn’t been that great but there are a few things worth mentioning :):

I finally ordered the rest of my birthday present from my mom. One of the things I ordered was this. A day after I first saw this on Amazon, a “cat” that I follow on twitter posted a picture of wearing an animal crossing shirt that was made for pets and the next day, the hat 😂. She looked adorable. I have been wanting to get my kittens some more hats; I was actually going to get them a Pokemon one but seeing the cat as Tom Nook convinced me that I needed it for Spanky & Jewels 😂.

I preordered Fe Three Hopes; been waiting and waiting for the limited edition to be announced for the US but they never announced it 😑; would’ve ordered it from a store in the uk that shipped to us or play-asia had i known :/.

Since I ordered one individual prisma colored pencil, I also got a case to put individual colored pencils in :).

I also ordered Diablo III for the switch; I’ve been having the itch to play Blizzard games again; also never got the dlc for the ps4 version so this will be great (if i can get myself to play since I’m still struggling getting myself to play games, draw, etc). I still need to get that burger weapon and the kitty handheld item (as much as I hate how the character holds it up; still it is a kitty 🥰).

Been enjoying the Persona 5 collab on another gacha game even though I needed to make a new account since no crystals or luck when I had enough to pull on that one 😔.

Been looking at a lot of cat pictures on twitter along with art and found more of both to follow. :)

Been seeing bleps from spanky quite a few times now :).

E6297A37-75EB-4705-B4EA-7F6D908ED414.jpeg

403E2C67-E875-4042-8EF8-0C50FDC2FD34.jpeg
084B6D67-1642-42F4-AB13-2548510C4150.jpeg

2EDF3C19-E03B-4C19-884E-7C4569583FD5.jpeg

She caught a moth for me that she failed to catch two nights ago, last night :). I am thankful she did not eat it (I got it before she did).

The other Alpacasso plush I ordered arrived safely! I finally have a blue one in my collection now~ 😄
I played a little bit of DQVIII today! Didn't get as much done as I would've liked because I was feeling weird and distracted, but I still got a good amount of exploring and some level grinding in. I'll be ready to do more next time at least!
I finished Yolanda's storyline in Style Savvy: Styling Star! Also, the music in this game hasn't really been my cuppa so far, but I got to Alina's song "Maria" today, and oh my god it absolutely slaps. If anybody happens to know where I could buy it (ENG or JP version), please share because I've already been looking. ;v;

I've been trying to find the best time to visit home but I was never sure of when I could, with my job and flight restrictions. There'd be times I'd have a good window of opportunity but I just chickened out for some reason. But this time I finally bought my tickets so it's a reality!! I'm visiting my friends in Malaysia for a week and then flying home to Korea. I'm still nervous about travelling and I'll probably be an anxious wreck until I actually land but I'm glad I have a set schedule now!

• The treadmill is working again so I used it for 45 minutes today. Then did some other exercises
  • Did some laundry
  • I'm doing pretty well with eating healthier
  • I'm getting a Netflix subscription
  • Slept good last night
  • Finished reading a book yesterday, enjoyed it a lot, gave me a lot to think about
  • Listening to some music right now
  • Got everything I needed to get done today done, so now I have the rest of the day to relax and do whatever I want :)

- It's nice and sunny with clouds outside today.

- Work is going well.

- My partner is being sweet.

- I'm headed to martial arts tonight.

- Pippi is in here curled up on my bed and she let me kiss her on the head, give her hugs, and rub her belly too.

- I'm having fun playing the new event in Genshin Impact.

- Got good sleep last night.

- It's finally the start of summer soon! ☀️

My Plague Doctor Squishable arrived today :D; it is so soft!

A8895C10-40D7-4F41-91EA-0CAA938A7073.jpeg
The other plushies are squishables as well except for the cookie cat one on the far left :).

My mom made rhubarb pie for us today and also chicken salad since the other day I asked if we could have that again sometime. Her pie crust is the best! No restaurant or store bought pie beats her pie crusts. ☺️

Spanky kept rubbing herself against my legs and plopping on the ground earlier when I was having bad intrusive thoughts. so grateful for my kitties 🥰.

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept well again last night.
- I saw Mortimer the bat on my back porch last night.
- I saw Ms. Potter the rabbit in my backyard this afternoon.
- The weather was warm and sunny again today.
- I had to take over a presentation on short notice at work because my manager got sick. I hate giving presentations but at the end I was complimented by the other managers on the call so that made me feel good.
- I have had very little back pain over the past few days.
- I had a good session with my massage therapist today.
- I'm so happy to be diving back into my novel. It's bringing up a lot of emotions.
- I love seeing everyone displaying their pride colors in their lineups, signatures, and avatars. I'm happy to support all of you! 🏳️‍🌈
- Tomorrow is my last day of work before another 3 day weekend and my wedding anniversary!

I discovered these new dipped banana milkshakes and they are delicious.
84458F06-FB3A-48D3-BE26-4D0220907DD5.jpeg
I’m off work tomorrow but I’m going to visit to say bye to a few people before my trip.
I told my dog to smile for a picture and this is what he did:
FC8C59F0-5F2E-4A89-B711-28342D03FD36.jpeg

Back