• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

Despite not getting enough sleep last night, I still had a fairly good day today.
  • I had to drive somewhere for my sister's eye appointment and everything went well even though I had to wait for a long while to be finished.
  • Since I had to wait for a long time, I took the golden opportunity to work on my art project! I obviously didn't draw as I was working on stuff in Inkscape instead. And guess what? I somehow managed to complete three pieces within a span of an hour and a half! I started on a fourth one, but I eventually finished it at home. I also finished a separate piece that I had the majority done from yesterday, racking up to five pieces being done! If I keep this momentum up, I might be able to complete my art project just a little sooner than expected. 😀
  • I made a small update on my signature. :blush: Let's just hope I don't get hit with an infraction for exceeding the limits lol.
  • I ended up having Subway for dinner.
  • I only got to play Gran Turismo 7 very briefly, but there's this one classic car that caught my eye which is a 1954 Ferrari 500 Mondial Pininfarina Coupe (that was a mouthful lol). Unlike the majority of the cars in this game that are in pristine condition, this one had chipped paint on different parts of the body if you look really closely, more particularly around the headlights and near the front hood. The amount of detail on it is amazing plus, it's in colour blue which I like a lot!

I found some new art of one of my favorite characters!
Watched four more episodes of Shaman King—I'm saving the last three for tomorrow and I am hyped!!
Also caught up with Spy x Family with my mom! Getting her caught up with Shaman King now too, and while my dad's definitely not interested in that one, we're gonna try and see if we can get him into Spy x Family.

Johnny Depp is innocent 😇
So I'm not the only one around here who watched the trial (albeit in the later stages)! I'm very glad Johnny Depp won because Amber Heard was constantly lying and it was making me mad like crazy. Serves her right for losing the case and should be charged with perjury as well. The look on her saddened face made me feel happy for Depp getting the truth out.

three things:
I've been hunting for a Waluigi avatar on NSO (since they first released custom avatars for NSO members) and they finally released one!! so obv I immediately changed my avatar to this and I love it sm lol
2022060212543400-CCFA659-F4857-F96-DDA29-AFEDB2-E166-E6.jpg

I finally figured out how to put instrument samples on my keyboard, so last night I imported the E. Piano sound from Super Mario 64 (aka the one used in the water level music) and it's so magical omg ✨✨️ I can basically import any sound that's in a WAV format so last night I recorded my dog doing a woof and im gonna try to put that on there too 🤣
so obv my muscles are sore from lugging that TV up the stairs yesterday BUT now i can actually comfortably watch TV in the living room (even without my glasses) and it's so nice!! it feels even more livable in there now and I love it 😁

• My birthday is on Saturday and I was planning on getting my nose pierced tomorrow, was planning on paying for it myself, but my sister said she'll pay for it as a gift for me, I'm so excited! Can't wait till tomorrow! :D
  • I got a Netflix subscription again finally after like 6 months without one
  • Had some extra money so bought a few new games for my Xbox (The Witcher 3 complete edition, and Lego The Hobbit), some new songs from iTunes, a new journal, 2 Blu-ray movies, some new jewelry, and some piercing aftercare spray.
  • I got a Starbucks gift card for my niece since her 17th birthday is tomorrow
  • Have an appointment with my therapist in a couple hours from now

Not a lot, but still a good day for me!
  • I had a tasty lunch.
  • I went for a walk around my neighborhood to get a little bit of exercise.
  • Feel free to skip this point. Oh my gosh, guys. I can't believe the car I spotted today, and I don't blame you if you can't believe it either. It so happens to be a Suzuki Cappuccino waiting at an intersection! And boy, it's definitely a midget in person lol. For those who don't know, this particular one is known as a Kei car and is only sold in Japan. Because of how it's mainly designed for the Japanese market, they aren't sold in other parts of the world since it wouldn't be financially viable (though, there are rare exceptions!). The Cappuccino I saw today was most likely imported here to Canada. Admittedly, my mother saw it first and pointed at the car. She thought it was a Ferrari for some reason (lol) and I had to correct her after seeing it. I would've easily missed it if my mother didn't catch my attention in the first place, nor if I never played Gran Turismo. Over a month ago, I said in this huge post that there's no way I'll be able to see a Suzuki Cappuccino in real life. Well what do you know, I ended up spotting one against all odds thanks to my mother. It instantly made my day and I almost want to cry. 😭
  • I made more progress in my art project. This particular piece I've been working on is actually multiples in one, so I completed a few things from my checklist!

- After a long, rainy, and windy night last night it's finally been nice and sunny today. So beautiful!

- My partner has been sweet to me again today.

- I've managed to get both Yelan and Xiao on 50/50 in Genshin Impact. Very happy about that.

- Work went well and I'm starting to learn new things. ⭐

- Game 1 between the Boston Celtics and the Golden State Warriors is tonight. The Mavs aren't in it, but I'm really, really hoping the Celtics win this series. I've always kind of been a fan of them growing up alongside the Mavs. Plus if they win this championship they'll surpass the Los Angeles Lakers for most NBA championships all-time. (and I want them to avenge the Mavs as well, lol).

Tomorrow most of the stuff I ordered for my birthday is coming! :) I really can’t wait to show you all my kitties in the Tom Nook hat 😋. Also am excited about getting Diablo III for the switch. I don’t remember it ever have seasons when I played and I never got the dlc. I really miss playing blizzard games so much; they always have amazing VAs, fun loot system, amazing art. The stories aren’t the best (like diablo’s or the dialogue rather can sometimes be cringey) but i can’t help but like them still.

Excited about Pokemon Violet trailers; I still like the 2d models better but i still really like what I saw. :) I really need that grass kitty 🙂. I am kinda tempted to look into brilliant diamond eventually but as dumb as it is, the removal of the game corner is a really huge turn off for me; i know that is dumb but I really liked the slots; it was a fun mini game. I could change my mind though. diamond was one of my favorites and i like the stuff that i’ve been reading about pokemon home and what it does. :)

I’ve made so many kitty friends on twitter; Idk how long they’re going to follow me since I don’t post about just cat related things but still makes me happy since kitty pictures have been really helping me cope with depression; been depressed because of this dumb clique issue on a discord server i belonged to (left again to try to destress).

Today aside from being annoyed with a gacha game has been pretty good :). Had my last piece of rhubarb pie and some more chicken salad; so delicious ☺️.

Today I'm happy because:

- I saw Mortimer, the bat, again last night.
- I slept pretty well again last night.
- I got some more emails cleared out and work done, plus found somebody to cover for me tomorrow.
- I'm done with work for the week!
- It was sunny and warm for most of the day.
- I saw Ms. Potter, the bunny, lounging in the shade this afternoon.
- Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary and I'm excited to spend the day with my husband! 💞

Found some more new artwork of a few of my faves, and got another desktop wallpaper while I was at it!
I finished the Shaman King 2021 anime today and just... oh man. All the feels ahahaha. I really loved it and thought it was really well-done—now I'm just hoping there'll be an official English release of Shaman King Kang Zeng Bang. 🤞
I ordered a backup pair of Joycons for my mom and me to use if we ever start having trouble with Joycon drift and have to send ours in, and they arrived today! I went with the plain gray set since I think it'd go best with the protective cover I got for mine. c: I'm glad I'll be able to play my Switch even if I have to send my Joycons in for repairs at some point.
I was still in a good mood after finishing Shaman King, so I treated myself to a music CD I'd been eyeing for a while (and a few digital music purchases)! I actually had enough reward points saved up to completely cover the cost of the album itself... but unfortunately not the shipping. ^^;
Got to play a little Style Savvy: Styling Star this evening too!

I wasn’t going to post until tomorrow whenever I go on my trip, but I have a few things to talk about tonight.

I got a few things packed for my trip. My backpack is usually always packed already with the exception of clothes that I actively wear out.
I was able to see my favorite person and I was unfortunately in one of my moods but she was able to calm me down. We talked through what was bothering me and I feel better now. It turns out it was just me overthinking things but it doesn’t matter how much I push her away. She doesn’t go anywhere.
On a similar note, and this might sound cheesy, but she gave me her name tag that she has for work. If I’m stressing or something, she says I can hold it and think of her.

Now, obviously her real name is not Nova, but that’s her nickname. Just thought the gesture was ****ing adorable.
9C5D7F4A-FF5E-45E9-B401-B99FC7927D89.jpeg
I picked up some candies to travel with. I’ll only be gone for a week and a half, but I’m excited for this trip. The only thing I need now are baby wipes, but I’ll pick those up tomorrow. It’s real late here and everything is closed.
I was paid from my job tonight via direct deposit. It was a nice surprise. I lost track of what day it was!

Last edited:
Again a weekly summary because I've not been around as much lately.
  • Last weekend I showed my girlfriend around the town I grew-up in. We spent hours walking along the beach and visited the town's war memorial, then went for dinner and cocktails at a fantastic tapas place. 🖤
  • My first full run of each molecular technique in the lab I recently started working in was a success.
  • My boss offered the team yesterday and today off for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee if we wanted it. I have been exhausted so I'm really grateful for that! I spent yesterday with my parents and today I think will be for gaming.
  • I found a secondhand book on ships in the Antarctic for a reasonable price. I have a minor obsession with all things related to the sea, if you're unaware! 🚢
  • I was able to get hold of the Uniqlo x Final Fantasy 35th Anniversary t-shirt I wanted. It sold out the same day! 😱
  • 308T_SC15F220426VbpvnC.jpeg
    scionst-shirt.png
  • I've gotten back into experimenting with colourful make-up lately. I often find I get misgendered if I do anything other than grey/black, but sod it it's pride month so I'm feeling brave.
  • 20220601_171641.jpeg
    20220602_140040.jpeg

- Went out for lunch with my mom

- Found the cutest mint-colored ruffle bikini for my trip this summer

- Started applying for other opportunities again. Found one today that I really resonated with and hoping for initial contact after the closing date 🤞

Note on the above:
- I received a job offer and accepted it! 🙌 It's an administrative role for a pharmaceutical company that focuses on assisting patients with specialized care and programs.

A few other bits of happiness:

- Made lunch plans for this coming Tuesday with some old co-workers I wasn't able to see before I left my old job

- Got my haircut. I love going there because I don't get too much face-to-face interaction right now and 30 minutes there feels like I'm spending time with a bunch of awesome friends. I've been going to the same person for 11 years

- Made arrangements with a few other buyers for games I'm selling

Back