• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

• I watched the Lego Movie today, it has been many years since I've seen it, really enjoyed it :)
  • Spent some time listening to music
  • Watched a few episodes of Pokémon
  • Ate healthy today
  • Have some time to read later
  • Played some ACNH and a little Stardew Valley

i went to a south american restaurant, and had basically a 'full Colombian breakfast' for dinner heh.

it consisted of:
fried plantains, rice, red beans, tomato, 2 kinds of sausages, skirt steak, fried egg, pork belly (chicharon), and arepas. and oh yeh, awesome coffee :coffee:

very satisfying

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept well last night and got to sleep in this morning.
- I woke up with no back pain.
- I'm off work until Tuesday.
- The rain has stopped and the sun was shining again.
- I texted with my nephew for a bit.
- My dog snuggled with me a lot today.
- I had a good day and I'm just generally in a good mood today.

My favorite person isn’t really the most comforting person but she still tries and I appreciate her either way. She means well, she just isn’t very emotional. But I love her anyway. I love her trying and listening and her hugs every ****ing day (that I see her). 🥺
I started early at work today and got a bit of extra hours in.
I saw my chocolate lab, Keagan, today.

This is technically yesterday, but saying that I'm happy is an understatement. I'm not sure if there are words to describe my feelings! 😲
  • The weather was fairly pleasant today!
  • I had to drive to the dentist with my sister for her appointment. After parking and walking to the dentist, there was what appears to be a car show/car meet literally right beside it and I wasn't even aware that it was being held. A lot of the cars were plastered in decals and whatnot. There were a bunch of McLarens and Lamborghinis that I quite frankly don't care too much for. However, there were a few cars I recognize which made me very happy. I couldn't believe I was actually seeing them in person! I also took some photos and videos after hearing some people revving their engines (it's pretty loud trust me)... This wouldn't be possible if the dentist didn't book my sister's appointment at an earlier time a few days earlier. If they didn't, I wouldn't have been able to see those awesome cars! As much as I want to share my photos, it would actually end up revealing the location, even from the decals on the cars themselves. My privacy comes first and I'm holding them back, so sorry about that! I will however, list the cars I recognized in the next point for those who want to read it.
  • Feel free to skip this point. Before mentioning the ones I identified at the event, I saw a 2022 Subaru BRZ out on the road. With that out of the way, I have spotted a fifth-generation Dodge Viper! The next one is a 2017 Ford GT. Year model could be wrong, but it looks just like the image I've linked to. The third car I spotted is the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren! I first knew it's existence in Gran Turismo 4 many years ago when I was just a child. Seeing it in person made me gasp and I couldn't believe it. Another car I saw from the German manufacturer is the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG. Not only does this confirm my sighting, but it gullwing doors were also open which was pretty cool! This last one is quite a shocker and surprised me the most: a 2017 Alpine A110! Not only it is the second car I've spotted that's from France, but is also the 36th car manufacturer in my list! Since I live in Canada, the Alpine brand does not exist here which is why I was shocked lol. I noticed that the licence plate on the back appears to be from Europe, so I'm not sure if the car was brought overseas or if it was done for aesthetic reasons. Could be either way. And in case you're wondering, yes, they have all appeared in a Gran Turismo game. Because of the event that was held, I have now reached 150 different unique cars in my list! Very nice!
  • I got a little bit of exercise walking around.
  • I had a beef patty, fries, and pizza for lunch. I enjoyed eating the food I had. 😋
  • I both played GT Sport and Gran Turismo 7 to participate in online lobbies and races. Aside from a podium, I didn't win in any of them since I've been matched with others that have a similar skill level as me (almost finished plum last once lol), but I had lots of fun racing against others! Admittedly, there have been numerous contacts and give back the position if I accidentally pushed them off the track. There was also one time when someone nudged me off the track by accident and gave me the position back after. I really appreciate the gesture, random person from Argentina! I eventually went into a few lobbies mainly for cruising and generally relaxing with others.
  • I cooked popcorn chicken for dinner and it tasted good!
  • I made progress in my art project! I started it quite late in the evening doing the rough sketch, but I'm already moving to the colouring phase after finishing the outlines. Where did that speed come from? And I'm noticing that I'm not gripping my Wacom pen as much as I used to. I feel like I've gotten more relaxed while still making smooth lines quickly. Really liking the self improvement I've been getting here.
  • I listened to my favourite soundtracks. 😊
I know this is another one of my posts that is text heavy and 80% about cars lol. If you somehow read through all of this and managed to put up with me talking about things I like for who knows how many times, I truly want to say thank you. 💙

I successfully slept on my normal pillow last night! I'm glad—I think having to sleep propped up for so long was starting to bother my back. ;v;
Played DQVIII for hours today—I got some good story progression in, and also won Rank S in the Monster Arena and recruited Morrie! I loved the DQIV cameos too.
I got to play Style Savvy: Styling Star for a little bit this evening too!

I met up with my mum today and bought her a handbag for Mother's Day (I was sick on Mother's Day so couldn't see her). She really liked it because it had the same sort of compartments as her last bag and she's super practical. She complained it was too expensive, which makes me kind of happy, because she deserves nice things. ❤️ We also sat and drank hot chocolate and chatted. 😊

I also bought my dog a new bed and a duck toy, and she loves both.

I didn't have to stop by work today, which is the first day in 13 days. 🎉

This week I've also been decorating outside my front door with lots of plants to brighten things up. Winter is also coming and I bought a bean bag to sit in front of the woodfire with! I really don't mean for this to be a post about all the things I've bought recently. 😅

Hope you're all having an amazing weekend. 💖

For yesterday and today;

❁ Went to a café that had some cats!
❁ When I went to dinner a friend of the owner came in with 4 bulldogs, each took a turn putting its paws up and my lap to greet me and a couple licked my arm haha
❁ The Fitbit I got from my dad has been interesting, I'm going to try to push myself more in workouts now to work on my heart
❁ Summer weather has definitely started
❁ Officially 2 months until I get to see my family for the first time in 3 years!

• I started a fundraiser for my birthday on Facebook for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, in memory of my mom since she passed away from Leukemia about 6 1/2 years ago. Hoping some of my friends donate to it, it's a good cause
  • Feeling really good
  • Spent some time with my kitties this morning, just petting them, pictures of them attached below, they look so cute in their bowties ❤️
  • I've started washing my face with a cleanser every morning and using an SPF moisturizer daily, between that and eating healthier/eating a lot less sugar and more veggies, plus drinking mostly water my skin has really cleared up and looks very good
  • Speaking of eating healthier, listening to music has helped a lot with distracting myself from junk food cravings
  • Enjoying some coffee while I listen to some music
  • Listened to my Bible study podcast earlier

Attachments

• 284646691_5467359269942038_6757573372098996025_n.jpg
    284646691_5467359269942038_6757573372098996025_n.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 284837225_5467358846608747_7177517864825205580_n.jpg
    284837225_5467358846608747_7177517864825205580_n.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 5
I've started to get back into drawing and writing and it has been a lot of fun shaking off the rust and just being creative. I love working with gardens(more-so ones that provide) and it's fun to create amazing gardens. I'm really proud of what I managed to accomplish, despite people always putting me down and saying I wouldn't succeed. But writing and drawing is another kind of creativity and I enjoy both just as much.

@King Dorado That sounds awesome! Glad you had a great meal and a good time. Never had a plantain before. How does it taste compared to a banana? They look very similar.

@StarlitGlitch That's really cool. I've heard of those places/cafes. It'd be cool to try them out once. That one place with the fish swimming underneath of the floor looks pretty cool to.

@Autumn247 Your cats are so cute with their little bowties lol. Thanks for the cute pictures of them!

- It's nice and sunny outside.

- My partner has been sweet to me.

- Yelan's banner arrives tomorrow in Genshin Impact. HYPE!

- I have something planned for almost every day this week outside of work so I'm not just by myself all the time. Tomorrow I'm off work and we're having a party, which should be a lot of fun. Tuesday evening after I get off work I'm hanging out with a friend. Wednesday I have martial arts practice. Lastly, Friday I'm volunteering at an event nearby to give back to those in need. I'm actually kind of glad about all of this since, while I enjoy my alone time, I've been craving some social interaction lately. :giggle:

Back