• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

- I booked 2 flights to Belgium last night for my mum and I, since my holiday got cancelled and my brother still hasn't got his passport so it looks like we can't go to our planned group holiday in Italy either, we decided to just go somewhere ourselves 😂 fingers crossed it all works out this time! It's my first time buying my own plane ticket lol. I think this trip is gonna be practice for any solo travel I plan to do in the future.

- Having a relaxing day, watched an episode of one of my favourite anime of all time and now I'm having a coffee :coffee:

• Went and saw Jurassic World: Dominion with my friend today, was nice to get out of the house for a few hours
  • I'm getting my septum pierced in a few weeks to celebrate 6 months of eating disorder recovery, very excited!
  • Watched some of Pokémon Journeys
  • Played ACNH for an hour tonight while I listened to a podcast

Saw the latest episode of One Piece this morning and Robin is just really incredibly cool, I'm so hyped 😭 Also (re)watched the second episode of Spy x Family with my dad too!
I made a lot of good progress in DQVIII today! Got a lot done in both the main story and some of the side quests too.

I am gonna do June 9th, June 11th, and June 12th
(I am skipping June 10th because it was pretty uneventful and don't really remember anything worth mentioning)

June 9th
As some of you know, June 9th was my birthday, I had a very good one. Here are the following things that made my birthday wonderful:

* I got some gift art from some of my friends outside of here
PLP Birthday Scene from Ethan

Me and my F/O from Ashton (context: Ashton sees me as a mother figure <333)
Another one of me and my F/O from Hayley
My Miisona from a friend on the Miitopia sub-Reddit

* Went grocery shopping with my dad and got some food and snacks to eat

* He also got me a debit card/gift card with $400 on it

* Ate Five Guys for dinner

And thank you to anyone who sent me birthday wishes <3333

June 11th
Had another really good day. It was actually my dad's birthday, and we had a celebration for us both.

* My dad waited to give me my gifts until this day, and I got a lot of Animal Crossing merchandise <333

* Had a fun day at my grandparent's. I took a dip in the pool, and I had burgers and chips for lunch. My grandparents got me some new dresses and underwear, which is always helpful. They also gave me a $100 gift card, and my uncle give me $50.

* A commission for my main OC ship came in: Orchia x Manton

June 12th (today)
* Purchased some Bath and Body Works perfume and lotion online. I was extremely lucky because of a sale. When I was doing some browsing on my birthday the lotion and perfume I added to my cart was normal price, but I came back today to find them half-priced. Really glad I waited. ^^

* Finally figured out how to confirm my Walmart gift card (the $400 one). This was the first time I ever had to confirm a card, so it took me a few days to figure out how to confirm it. I was told I had to wait 3-5 BUSINESS days, but luckily I didn't have to after all.

I even paid a couple of people whom I decided to buy some commissions, and it worked! I still need to pay the person I was struggling to pay, but it should be fine now.

For some unknown reason, I haven't been able to pay people on PayPal with Vanilla (which was the $100 one) cards. I have even ruled out what the reasons could be, but to no avail. I dealt with the same incident with the previous Vanilla card I got for Christmas, but luckily I still had my other Christmas card though.

But at least I can still make other online transactions (like the bath and body works one) with it, at least I got my other card confirmed, and at least this tells me to use certain card types for certain things. ^^

Last edited:
Every Sunday (at least, try to every Sunday) me, my fiancée and my two friends play a few hours of D&D and currently the story is pretty deep right now as we started the campaign almost two years ago. What makes me really happy is that it's because of the DM and my fiancée that actually got me into playing D&D and making me so invested in my character that I always get excited whenever Sunday rolls around (haha) and we can continue our story!

❁ Officially 1 1/2 months until I go back home for the first time in 3 years ahhhhhh
❁ Plans for when I'm back home are going very smoothly! Looks like I'll be able to accomplish the things I wanted to do and my family is helping a lot to make sure I can do what I want. I have a notebook I've been using and I'm going to have a list of things to prepare beforehand and things to do while I'm there in part to make sure I don't forget anything but also because I'm so excited
❁ For the past week my mood has been really great which has led to me accomplishing a number of things
❁ I've been able to line up a number of appointments
❁ I think my noisy neighbor left Thursday afternoon (they normally leave for work early morning but they stayed a few more hours and cleaned I think then have been quiet since). Last time, they were gone for almost a month so I'm hoping this pattern continues

This message was from a over a week ago, but not feeling obligated to apologize for your feelings is a… nice feeling. If I do apologize, she just insists that I don’t. She makes me feel like my feelings are valid. And tbh, she isn’t even the comforting type so for her to be like this with me is amazing. (I have BPD — just noting so it makes a bit more sense.)
5ABBFDF7-86FB-418D-ADA0-3060020FF2AF.jpeg
I’m happy that the Tampa Bay Lightning managed to win their series. I really have no preference for who wins the Cup. One of my favorite players (Mikko Rantanen) actually plays for the Avalanche, but I’m rooting for Tampa here. I wouldn’t be mad either way, though.
I’m picking up a few shifts for a coworker getting his teeth fixed. I’m happy that I’ll be able to get more hours that week.

- It's a weekday!

- It's sunny outside!

- Work is going well!

- I'm headed to martial arts tonight!

- My partner is being sweet!

- Tonight is game 5 between the Boston Celtics and the Golden State Warriors. The series is tied 2-2. I really, really hope the Celtics win this game. I don't want to see the Warriors win yet another championship. That would be so boring. 🙏

I went to bed last night without posting but I went out to dinner with some of my coworkers yesterday and had a lovely time 🥰 We went to a nearby pasta restaurant and the food was really good and reasonably priced too. I'm not someone who goes out a lot so it felt like kind of a big step for me and I'm glad I went.

Weekend:
- Visited the Halifax waterfront for the day and the beautiful Peggy's Cove (pics below)

- Made a birthday card and celebrated a friend's birthday with...a lot of throwback games. Going to sleep at 6 am was not something I originally envisioned

- Went sundress shopping with my mom

- Enjoyed yet another pre-summer BBQ

- Cleaned computer (both internal & external)

Today:
- Completed a short writing course for impact

- Purged my closet

- Caught up on sleep

- Continued to read The Salt Road

- Watched the latest episodes of some seasonal anime

20220611_193757.jpg

yt672bI.jpg

Well I just got my A1C results and it was pretty much a improvement. Back in April 14, 2022 it was around 10.6 and now as of June 6th, 2022 (the day I did the A1C test) the results came back to me and the doctor said it was 6.5 which is a good improvement. Telling me that I was under 6.7 which was considered diabetic but told me that I was prediabetic. At least its a step in the right direction so I have to keep on improving my health.

Back