• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

I talked to a mod from a discord server I belonged to about some concerns and I feel a little better now.

The figure that I won from one of my gacha games arrived today and was not damaged! :D I’m hoping when we move that it won’t get damaged 🍀🤞 or my other ones.

49F07C1E-54FC-404A-B60C-83DB382FC283.jpeg

87661A59-4ECA-4F07-A8E7-D637AB993279.jpeg

His head and arm can be switched out for one that shows him holding beer mug :). I love this so much. He is one of my favorite characters 🥰.

Been making a lot more kitty friends on twitter and having fun sharing pictures and chatting a bit ☺️.

I hung out with someone new today and feel like I made a friend 0_0 we couldn't get ramen or boba because the shops were closed, but we found an awesome sushi shop by happenstance and it turned out to be great. And the anime store had some really cool JoJo merch and cute lil my melody slippers. Super good day.

• I hung out with my IRL best friend at her house today! We studied for our upcoming History exam.
  • My dad surprised me with an ice-cream sandwhich!!
  • I wrote a Tomodachi Life song that I really like! It's called "Terrible Fate" sung by The Happy Mask Salesman, and it's about Majora's Mask. Also surprised that I have the capability to write age-appropriate TL songs.
  • Shadow and the puppies are looking cuter than ever. <333
1655170580676.png

I haven't posted here in a few days, so I'll just highlight the ones from those days including today:

In the past few days:
  • I tried out these Tibetan Momos from a local business after my dad told me to buy some. I liked how they taste, especially with the sauce. It feels nice supporting small businesses.
  • I went for a walk in a huge park with my mother and sister! We saw a chubby corgi that looked happy and walked on a trail filled with so many trees before turning back. I find it oddly relaxing being surrounded by nature. I also spotted some white pansies which made me go, "Oh, this is from Animal Crossing lol".
  • I made more progress on my art project and managed to get multiple things checked off from my checklist in a day! It's coming together quite well. :D
  • Played Gran Turismo 7 to win a 30-minute race without having to make a single pitstop. Usually, it would rain pretty hard at one point to switch to rain tires, but it didn't get wet enough to warrant a change. It also wouldn't be possible if I didn't short shift and coast into corners throughout the race to save fuel. In fact, I made it to the finish line just barely with drops of gas left lol. I used a 1968 Alpine A220 Race Car which seemed to be very fuel-efficient and I personally like how it handles despite its age.
  • The weather was pleasant and have been seeing cumulus clouds that look a lot like this for quite a while now. It feels nostalgic just looking at them.
  • Drawing a piece of art for @/xSuperMario64x and finishing it on his birthday. It contains his persona, one of his many adorable OCs, and a red 2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible that he drives in real life. It made me very happy knowing that Bug genuinely loved it since it took me a whole day to finish the thing and wanted to get the details right. :giggle: It's in my art thread if you want to check it out for yourself.
Today (June 13, 2022)
  • The weather was nice today!
  • It's a little odd, but I'm glad to have avoided an accident heading home after dropping my sister off at school. I was aware like usual on the roads then this cyclist from the opposite direction came out suddenly from behind a vehicle onto the lane I was driving on. It literally happened within a blink of an eye and had to swerve out of the way to avoid hitting them. Thankfully, I didn't hit the cyclist or anything else on the road. Not quite sure why they did that, but it was pretty dangerous regardless. Seriously, it feels like my reflexes are constantly being tested on the roads by reckless people, and just had to take a breather at a red light after. I'm never taking it for granted for coming home safely, especially when the driving standards from where I live are horrible on a frequent basis, to say the least.
  • My dad had to take his licence test so I drove a great distance so he can get some practice first and attempt it. I went for a walk in the area while my dad was taking the road test. Mind you, this was in a town I'm not familiar with, so it was quite an experience seeing areas I haven't been to before. If you're curious, my dad passed the test which is great! I'm not entirely sure how well he did, but if this was Gran Turismo, he probably got bronze lol.
  • After coming home from a long drive, I had salmon with baked potatoes for dinner and it greatly satisfied my hunger. It also tasted pretty good!
  • I played a little bit of Gran Turismo 7 to do more time trials in various cars with different handling characteristics. The ones I used were the 1970 Dodge Super Bee which seems pretty sluggish on turns, the 2013 Dodge Viper GTS which can be easy to spin out if you're not gentle on the throttle, and the 1966 Honda S800 which felt very fun to drive with the tuning upgrades it had (this was also the car I drew a few months ago). I managed to get a clean lap from all three and it feels nice.
  • I managed to complete a piece for my art project!
It's been a long day for me, so I'll go to sleep now. 😴

I've been working on sorting through and getting rid of a lot of old stuff that I don't want/need anymore. We donated several bags full of stuffed animals and some old costumes of mine today, and I hope they'll be going to good new homes! ^^ It's really nice getting to clear up some space.
I got to play Legends: Arceus for a while today! It was mostly just my usual work on research tasks/satchel retrieving, but I also finally went into my first space-time distortion! 😄 It was certainly intense, but well worth the trouble.

• I got some items from Liz's ACNH giveaway thread on here, they stopped by my island and dropped them off :)
  • I'm meeting with my case manager this Thursday, she's gonna help me fill out an application and resume to get a job at the library
  • This Thursday my kitten Miss Mustachio gets spayed, I'm glad that will be done and over with soon
  • I started watching Bridgerton and am really enjoying it so far
  • I'm planning on trying to go back to college, going to try and get re-enrolled for the upcoming fall semester to start working on finishing my associates degree
Post automatically merged:

It's nice and sunny outside, work is going well, and I'm going with some friends to see Jurassic World: Dominion tonight! 🥳
Hope you enjoy the movie :) I saw it on Sunday

Last edited:
okay but like how do you tell someone that they're one of your favorite people in the whole world without actually telling them? I messaged my friend out of the blue today to see if we could hang out bc my anxiety was out of control earlier and they were like "heck yeah" so we went downtown to different shops and we basically did some windowshopping and vibing together and despite the heat/humidity it was so great!! I feel so much better now, like I'm on top of the world!

I plan on spending the evening doing a recording for a youtube video so I'm looking forward to that 😊

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept really deeply again last night.
- My work day was much better than yesterday. I'm glad I worked late last night because it freed up my time to deal with other things today.
- The company VP was visiting our office today so lots of people came in for that. I got to see several co-workers that I haven't seen in years and meet some of my newer co-workers face to face for the first time.
- My team leader provided lunch from Panera Bread and it was delicious.
- I'm getting an unexpected raise!
- The weather cleared up this afternoon and was actually pretty nice.
- My dog greeted me excitedly when I came home and he didn't even bark this time.
- I'm feeling much better today in general.

I was really sad and exhausted yesterday for idk what reason, so I impulsively bought two Pokemon booster packs. The past week I've been watching streamers open booster packs and it's so satisfying to see them pull those shiny holo cards. For some reason I had an urge to try it out too. And I was a little surprised with my pulls!

20220614_185728.jpg

They're not worth a whole lot, but I'm happy that I got a reverse holo Mesprit and Stantler and an ultra rare Starmie V. Mesprit is one of my favorite legendaries, and I love the shine of the Starmie card!! For my first time with trading cards, I think I got good pulls. :]

Collecting holo cards might be my new (expensive) hobby, idk we'll see if my wallet can handle that LOL. I think I can save a bit every week for these. I'm not really much about collecting the rarest of cards, I really just like the feeling of pulling those ultra rare cards that are holographic and shiny.

I really want a Glaceon holo card (as it's my favorite Pokemon) so I decided to check some online sellers today if they had. I surprisingly found one Glaceon V along with a Mimikyu Vmax, both of which were pretty cheap! I messaged the seller and reserved the order for the two cards. I'll be getting them tomorrow Here are what the cards look like! They're really shiny and pretty ahhhh.

s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg

Alright, that's all from me geeking out 😅

still happy that I got to hang out w my friend today, but I also wanted to mention something else I'm happy about! I was watching a video where someone was reviewing some fidget toys and one of the toys was a doughy stress ball, and I remembered how much I've been wanting one so I really wanted to get one (and ofc I'm impatient so instead of waiting til my mom gets paid tomorrow I wanted it right now). so I ran to the dollar store and got a pack of balloons, got home, and stuffed a container of play-doh into a balloon.

I knew it would be fun to play with but oh. my. goodness. it's so satisfying to touch and squeeze and pull and I just love it so much 🥰 I'm gonna make one for my friend as well as my mom once I can get more play-doh!

Today was difficult but there were a couple of good things at least:

While grocery shopping, I found both baja blast & what used to be baja punch. So i stocked up on them both and got some more of the flaming one too. I need to cut down how much pop i drink a bit more 😅.

In honor of the voice actor that passed away, an artist decided to give away a full bundle of art, charms and other things that she made of his character to first 50 (ended up being 60) people to fill out form. Extremely generous, kind and thoughtful of her. She also got back some of her artwork that she’s making into bookmarks. Really excited about them; they look so gorgeous. I hope she has no limit on the stock since I want to get a set to give back a little to her since she is paying for shipment (she made payment of shipping optional). i felt bad not being able to do that.

I’m still excited about three hopes, though i can no longer keep playing the demo since it pains me hearing the character the VA voiced cuz I really miss him. There isn’t as many support ranks for some characters as there were in Three Houses though :/. I was really looking forward to certain support conversations like Jeritza & Bernie, Hubie & Bernie. I am hoping that maybe the full version has more. 🍀🤞🙏

Have been enjoying cat pictures on twitter; it’s interesting to see all the people that made accounts for their cats and that it isn’t just a cultural thing since I’m not seeing some French cat accounts and. Japanese. Some people may think it is dumb but I really think it is cute and is a good way to focus more on positive stuff and have fun at the same time. It has been helping me to a degree cope with some stuff that has been stressing me out.

Today my fiancée told me she bought some miniature figures of our D&D group and wanted to start painting them to surprise our DM with them when he comes to visit us next month on his vacation. This makes me happy because it's now another thing me and her can do together and we always wanted to learn to paint miniatures for some of our board games that we own!

Also, at work today my supervisor told me that my output was getting close to the maximum bonus I can earn for the month and with that extra money, I can finally start paying down some bills!

Nothing much has happened yesterday, but I think it's still enough to make a post about it.

-I was glad that my History exam was in the morning so I could go home sooner, I'm also grateful that my best friend offered to drop me off at my house ☺️ (because my dad was sorta planning on making me stay at school all day 'cause he didn't want to waste gas money).

-I played Wii Sports Resort Swordplay Showdown, and while I rage-quitted and threw insults at the Miis, it went well in some ways. Like hitting a huge swarm of Miis in one swing, or getting Theo and Lucia without taking damage. It was so satisfying. 😌 I also made it to 95% completion of the stage before Ai got me, but at least I know I have a chance to beat Stage 18!

-My Tomodachi Life game is going well, I got some new shop items and the couples are doing great. Nick's relationship with my look-alike went up, it was at "Getting Along OK" (third-worst) and it's now at "Totally In Love" (third-best). I actually have hope for this couple. 😆

-My parents gave me some candy and it was delish, I actually took some extras when they weren't looking. 👀

-I just can't get how absolutely adorable the puppies are, every time I see them it makes me so happy. <333

-I made some art yesterday and got to talk with my online friends! :D

So happy and surprised today, I got the results back from the PowerPoint I made for university, and I did really well! I got some great feedback too. I wasn't expecting to do so well on it 🥰 Will be getting the grades back for my exam on Friday so we'll see how that goes,,

I also did 2 rounds of 10 minute HIIT workouts last night because I've been wanting to improve my fitness level, so kinda happy with myself for actually starting that.

- The weather outside is nice!

- Work is going well! I've received recognition for my work again and have this coming Monday off.

- Once I get paid this Friday I'll reach another milestone in my savings. I also now have a credit card. Along with some other income coming in soon I'm getting closer and closer to having my own place! Always seeking to improve, rebounding from being down, and going beyond my limits. That's my strength! 💪 😤

- My partner has been extra sweet and always makes me happy.

- I've been taking care of all three of the kitties and the house.

- I got some new five star units in Fire Emblem Heroes after returning to the game recently. I'm now using a team made up entirely of Byleths with Loki as the healer. It's been destroying everything!

9LwNHhp.jpg

- Just having a great week! :D

Back