What Are You Happy About Today?

I have a new ideas for future polymer clay crafts, including making my very own spindel figurine! in case you're not aware, mr sponduli (aka the spindel) is the best enemy in all of super mario 64 and is highly underrated.
today in Pocket Camp they re-released the Star Signs Dress Collection and the dresses are so cute I couldn't resist getting one!! each one has a different color and I love poofy dresses with gradients so I had a hard time picking which one I should get! I got the Taurus dress bc the pink is lovely and that's my mom's star sign :blush:
Pocket-Camp-20220724152727.png

I officially start my new job tomorrow! I'll be working at a cat rescue/sanctuary three days a week, pay is $10/hr, I'm able to take frequent breaks, I get free drinks/snacks, and I get to hang out with kitties the whole time! there is one downside but it's not a big enough deal for me to not want to work there. I hope this goes well for me 😁 🐱
@/Shellzilla_515 has been updating me periodically on his art project progress, and he's also offered so many kind words and even neat drawings/car liveries he's made! it always brightens my day ☺️
lately I've been playing an un-updated copy of New Leaf and I realize how much I actually missed being able to clip into the river and ocean and buildings with the net lol (I'm so sad that they removed that glitch in the WA update). I also appreciate that the campground isn't making a gaping hole in my cliffside. I'm planning on this being my sheep town which I've been wanting to make for quite a while!
I'm gonna try to get back into drawing regularly this week. I really want to finish the drawings I've started and I have even more ideas (one in particular being my player Daniel, pictured above, wearing all his best pocket camp outfits!) so hopefully I can keep up with that!
I have a TV show watch list now and there are so many I need to watch lol!! the list currently consists of My Hero Academia, Ouran HSHC, Sailor Moon, Saiki K., Dead End Paranormal Park, Owl House, and ofc the legendary Sonic Boom!

one last thing, I've been feeling better for the last few days than I have since my week-long full time job ended a month ago. I'm still dealing with excessive tiredness but I'm not feeling super depressed now. I hope it stays this way, I don't mind having off days but I don't want to deal with severe depression anymore. I just want to be me 😔 💕

- Despite feeling off earlier, I'm feeling much better now thanks to my partner.

- I didn't get to do everything I wanted to this weekend, but I did get the essential tasks completed, and that makes me happy.

- I've been working on my Genshin Impact character talents, and Diluc and Hu Tao are almost tripled crowned! 🥳

CjNblL4.png

JzOroMR.png

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept very well last night and got to sleep in this morning.
- I had a nice, relaxing day at home.
- I got caught up on a few currently airing anime series.
- I had a really good salad for lunch.
- I had a delicious mushroom cheeseburger for dinner.
- I snuggled with my husband and my dog.
- I'm hoping for another calm, easy work week.

• home after kitten-sitting all weekend. i love kittens but i cherish my sleep and its very hard to sleep with two rambunctious cats. ready for bed already.
  • came home to all my weekend spending being in the mail, woohoo.
  • finished my lolita coordinate for my summer tea meetup this weekend, very exciting.
  • i drew something today that i wasnt upset with

Today I learned that my time with the career job I love so much is most likely going to be extended, so today is a fantastic day!!! I've put a ton of effort into it, and it has paid off. Once this happens I will be set, because sometime next year I should start receiving money from the business I own half of, which means I won't have to go looking for another job! It'll also enable me to easily rent an apartment on my own without the need for roommates. I'm so happy I could cry. Things are really looking up! 🥳

Wow, Venti, that's very awesome to hear! I didn't even know you own half of a business, so double awesome! I don't know about you, but it kinda feels like seeing an anime character develop over time to better themselves except that it's real, you're the one making it possible, and most of all, seeing this from a great friend like you! :D That music you put in your post fits the mood pretty well I must say.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This technically happened yesterday now that it's after midnight. It's also becoming a regular occurrence where I've reacted to people's posts in this thread in a huge wave lol.
  • This point is actually from a few days ago, but I dealt with some irl stuff and while things started out rocky, it turned out fine in the end. Phew!
  • Got a lot of things from the grocery store and it took some time to get them done.
  • I made more progress in my art project and have already started on another one. The sketching is done and will finish the rest tomorrow.
  • While working on my art project, I listened to a compilation of relaxing Animal Crossing music with soft rain. I didn't join the series until New Leaf in 2015, but I still found the soundtracks from older games to be relaxing and comforting (it's amusing how some of the hourly music are regular versions while the rain sound effects were still playing lol). Anyway, I felt nostalgia for hearing soundtracks from New Leaf and even from New Horizons despite being out for over two years now. WAIT, IT'S BEEN OVER TWO YEARS NOW?!?!
  • I played Gran Turismo 7 to mess around with another engine swap. With the 1965 MINI Cooper 'S', I swapped in an engine that came from a 2020 Honda Civic Type R FK8. Ooh boy, the understeer is astronomical since it's front-wheel-drive and I had to be patient with the throttle if I didn't want to introduce myself to a wall. Out of curiosity, I tried doing a 1v1 race against the Honda with the exact same engine it had. The Cooper corners horribly but manages to leave the Civic behind on the straights despite the same power output lol. Eventually, I buffed the performance and installed a racing exhaust with anti-lag for the turbo. I don't know what sort of wizardry is going on, but I find it very hilarious that it consistently spits out blue flames whenever I lift off the gas at higher RPMs.
Yes, I am fully aware that the livery is based on Mr. Bean's MINI Cooper (some people tried replicating it and thought it'd be nice to use one). It's not the exact same car as the one from the show, though.
Trial Mountain Circuit_.jpeg

I was going into a corner so quickly that it decided to almost flip over despite stiffening the suspension.
Tokyo Expressway - Central Clockwise_.jpeg

A little hard to see, but you can see the blue flames coming out from the exhaust at the bottom. 😆
Gran Turismo® 7_20220724234200.jpg

Watched the latest episode of One Piece this morning and it was seriously awesome!! 😭 Loved the animation too. My parents and I also continued our rewatch of FMAB!
I got to play Style Savvy: Styling Star and do some more Bunny Day prep in ACNH! I should hopefully be able to finish up this event next time. ^^

I picked up a bag of assorted hockey pucks for less than $5 at Goodwill. I didn’t get a chance to look at them closely, but I may be able to profit and enjoy some for myself. There may be some good pucks in here.
5CA23739-F53C-4DCB-A7C3-6607E69F38D7.jpeg
My dad bought me some cookies from the bakery that I picked up. I chose a chocolate chip cookie sandwich and an orange cream cookie sandwich. They both look really good.
A6E9CC19-161E-4718-BF12-74FBB77E2833.jpeg
I also saw Keagan because it was on the way to the bakery. Keagan was being adorable as usual and I gave him a few treats. I got a picture of him, as well. I love his face in this one.
0313CC26-0DEC-48BD-A196-D22671C81A5D.jpeg

@Croconaw Those cookies look like they were really good! Hope you had some time today to take a break and enjoy them.

@xSuperMario64x Good luck with your new job today. Hopefully all went well. A rescue service for animals sounds like a rewarding place to work.

@Venti Good to hear that you're feeling better. I came across a post of yours yesterday where you were feeling unwell, so it's good to hear that your spirits have raised.

Every day, I'm slowly recovering more of my former self from covid. I still don't quite feel 100%, but I feel so much better than I did when I first caught it and even a few days ago. So that's good news for me to be happy about. Being sick sucks. And the post symptoms lingering is no fun, but they're slowly going away.

- Met a new friend that shares my interests in games/anime. I find it difficult to make friends irl so I'm very happy about this!

- Ate some fresh strawberries

- Went for a nice lunchtime walk

- Worked out a personal issue

- Had some time to play Rune Factory 5 & spectate some friends play another game I enjoy watching

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept really deeply last night.
- I had an easy day at work and completed everything I needed to do today.
- My husband surprised me with this T-Shirt today, not because of any special reason, just because he loves me. 🥰
TT-SHIRT-Aww-Sharks_800x800_Flat-Shirt-1000x1000.jpg

I love it! It is 100% me gushing over sharks!

I got to see a couple pieces of new artwork of one of my favorite characters!! 💜
I full-cleared Bunny Day in ACNH! And I still have plenty of eggs of each type to spare.
Due to a small grocery shopping mishap, we got an absolute ton of apples. I'm estimating around 150+ lol. I love apples in a variety of dishes, so I'm honestly kind of excited about it—although we're definitely still going to be sharing some. 😂

- Found out one of my professors wants to use an essay of mine as a good example for next years students, which is nice!

- Ate some of my fav foods! Chicken + hummus + cheese wrap, ripe nectarine, a big bowl of porridge with lots of toppings, and a freshly baked pain au chocolat

- Happy it's sunny today and not cloudy + raining like it has been for the past few days, but it's not hot outside either :)

- Got my laptop back with instructions on how to (hopefully) get it fixed, so I'm hoping to find a good repair shop tomorrow

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept pretty well again last night.
- I had yet another easy day at work.
- I saw the cutest little bunny while walking my dog this afternoon.
- The weather was nice enough for most of the day. We did get a few thunderstorms, but never during the times I had to go out.
- I'm planning on going into the office tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it.
- I have a massage therapy appointment tomorrow.
- I had time to do a little bit more writing today. Not much, but I'll take it.

I am getting a lot of hours at work for the next month and I’m excited for my paychecks to roll in.
I sold one of the hockey pucks on Ebay for $35. That assorted bag was a goldmine. I still have more pucks leftover, as well. It’s packaged up and ready for shipment, too. I’m headed to the post office tomorrow.
I had a very delicious pie from work. It’s chocolate, peanut butter, and caramel. I had one before and may have posted a picture, but I wanted another one before they go out of season.
2A2CD07F-0E4C-4F7B-9C19-1B0EC0E60323.jpeg

Back