• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

Today I'm happy about a lot of things:

- I'm in a generally good mood.
- I took a walk on my morning break.
- I got all of my major work tasks completed today.
- I tried a new sandwich at Subway for lunch and it was really good.
- I had a great counseling session this afternoon.
- I missed the majority of the rain today. All I had to deal with were a few sprinkles.
- My dog was so excited to see me when I got home and he laid in my lap for a while.
- I have a new episode of Shadows House that I can watch tomorrow.
- The Sandman came out today. I'm really looking forward to starting on that this weekend!
- My husband is very sweet to me.
- The TBT Fair is starting tomorrow! I can't wait to see the new collectibles! 🤩
- I'm off work for a whole week so I can enjoy the start of the Fair, catch up on some rest, and hopefully get some other things done.
- I literally just found out my sister-in-law is bringing the kids in Monday-Friday, so I'll get to spend some time with my niece and nephews. I can't believe I lucked out and it actually aligns with my time off for a change.
- I'm really looking forward to sleeping in a lot this coming week.

♡ Made a drawing of Sakura (one of my favorite Wii Sports CPU Miis) and it looks really good. 🌸

♡ Ran an errand for my parents today - Buying some stuff for them at the dollar store. I got to stop by my grandma's place and say hi to her. My parents also let me buy a treat as a reward for the errand - I bought some gummy worms.

♡ Got to feed and play with the puppies today. 🐶

♡ Played a bit of AC:NH today, I'm probably gonna play tomorrow as well! :giggle:

♡ Watched some more Poofesure today, mostly his Wii Sports Bowling and Basketball videos - In other words, slow descent into madness and huge fits of rage. :LOL:

♡ Super happy with my Tomodachi Life progress today - Beef Boss & Abby started dating, and K.K. Slider & Isabelle got married! I also added some more Miis to my island and gave Tyrone a basketball uniform (he looks really good in it). 🏨

I’ll dump some stuff over the past few days now lol.

August 3, 2022
  • I made some progress on my art project! Two pieces finished!
  • Feel free to skip this point. After a small incident with a selfish driver (seriously, why is it always someone in a Mercedes or an expensive German car for that matter), I spotted a 2015 Ford Focus ST! I'm glad to have seen one because it cheered me up a little bit. The appearances look minor compared to the 2013 model I saw a few weeks ago, mainly at the front with the headlights, foglights, and the hood if you look closely enough.
  • @Mr_Keroppi donated 3 bells to me along with a nice, uplifting message. Thanks a lot, froggy buddy! 🐸
August 4, 2022
  • There was torrential rain which felt refreshing because I haven't experienced it in a while. Oh, and this happened while I had to drive somewhere today, so I got some more wet driving experience under my belt as a result! Don't worry, I was going slowly and being aware of my surroundings. :) Though a couple of Cadillac Escalades thought it was still a good idea to tailgate someone *sigh*.
  • I went to the aquarium store again, but this time with my mother! I had to buy cherry shrimp for my dad, but I still got the opportunity to look around. At one point, this one turtle slowly crawled out of the water to meet my mother and me which caught us off guard lol.
  • I played Gran Turismo 7 and collected 2 million credits for getting into the top 3% in online time trials after setting a decent time a few days prior. Unlike target times that are set in licences, missions, and circuit experiences, the ones set in online time trials change depending on the world record. That means when someone goes quicker, it actually gets tougher to get a gold time. Thankfully, I managed to get gold, and I did it in first-person view too where I tend to miscalculate the apexes on the track. Perhaps I'm not a noob after all when it comes to time trials, but the next one will likely kick my butt. 😅
August 5, 2022
  • Feel free to skip this point. After picking up my mother from work and slowly approaching an intersection, I spotted a Ferrari F8 Tributo waiting from the opposite direction! In fact, I could already identify it from quite a distance since the yellow colour scheme caught my attention. Poor Chevrolet Corvette C4. It was also yellow and directly in front of me but my eyes went to the F8 Tributo eventually lol. Anyway, this sighting is awesome because that car happens to appear in Gran Turismo 7! Very cool how I went from spotting a hatchback to a supercar. 😄
  • Speaking of Gran Turismo 7, I did some time trials with various cars, including the F8 Tributo I just mentioned. Unlike a certain car I kept roasting in two of my previous posts, this Ferrari is actually fun to drive, and a satisfying one too. Sure, it can still spin out if you're applying too much throttle, but a little bit of control and patience is enough to make the car manageable. Also, I can slide at just the right angle in some corners to get a clean exit which makes it all more satisfying. What I'm saying is, if a car is fun to drive, then it is good in my books!
  • I made more progress in my art project and completed two pieces!... Actually, one of them was redone as I wasn't satisfied with my previous piece made way back in the earlier stages of the project. Despite that, however, I have reached 90% completion after rounding up the numbers. I repeat, 90%! Only 10% more and I'll be finally done with this project to be revealed when that time comes!
  • It has come to my attention that GBA Snow Land has returned to wave 2 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe booster course pass (even though I didn't purchase it). I listened to the soundtrack for the course and wow, it put a huge smile on my face! The first two seconds aren't in the original if I'm not wrong. I remember how I occasionally hit snowmen and those penguins. Ugh, those penguins. I hated hitting them when I was a kid lol. Anyway, it's nice seeing that the Super Circuit tracks are getting more attention they deserve and being improved upon. All the courses from that game are flat and have no elevation changes whatsoever LOL.
GBA version

MK8D version

I don't know how I got so lucky to meet my SO. I honestly thought I would never be able to find someone who loves me and actually wants to be with me. he compliments me all the time and always reminds me of how much he loves me. we talked on the phone for the first time today and it was amazing, I honestly can't wait til we can finally go on our first date! 💞💞
my copy of Mario no Super Picross CIB came in the mail today! it was a pleasant surprise because I was expecting it to arrive on Monday. I had to do some console surgery and cut thr plastic tabs out of my SNES so the cart would fit but now it works like a charm! I spent over 30 hours playing this game on SNES Online and I'm so glad that I finally own it!
Screenshot-20220806-004057-Discord.jpg
I'm going into work tomorrow and getting a few extra hours so I'll be getting a little extra money! I'll also be picking up my check tomorrow 😁
went to my internship again today and I got all the work done that I needed to do. what a relief!
I keep forgetting that I bought myself a pint of Ben and Jerry's choco chip cookie dough ice cream a few days ago, so every time I find it in the freezer I always get so happy 😂
TBT fair starts tomorrow! I have to work the next 3 days so idk how much I'm gonna participate at first but I'm pretty excited to see the new collectibles!
last night I found a custom squishmallow on Mercari and I'm not usually a collector of squishmallows but it was the greatest thing I've ever seen, so I had to buy it. it should be here in the next few days! I'll put what it is in a spoiler since it's kinda pg-13.
it's a turtle and it has an iron-on design on its belly that says "I love naps and weed". I lost my **** when I read that and bought it immediately. he's so adorable and he reminds me of my lifelong best friend!

I found a ton of official artwork of one of my faves!!! 💚 A few also work really well as wallpapers for my laptop, so I'm really happy about that too.
I've managed to get a ton of stuff done this week, and just in time for the TBT Fair too!! :giggle: While I'm still going to be a little busy, I'm really glad that I got a lot of things off my plate so I can focus on the Fair without having to worry about them. I'm super excited for tomorrow!!
Also, I played a little more Style Savvy: Styling Star this evening! I should be getting near the point I need to be at in the story again, and I met three more brand-new customers, practically in a row!

My dad bought me some orange creamsicles today. Those are my favorite.
I’m very excited about the TBT Fair starting tomorrow. It will be my first one.
I had a smooth day at work despite it being Friday, and I’m on pace for 32 hours this week.
A package that I was waiting for arrived in the mail today.

- I've just been chilling and enjoying my summer break,,
- did some laundry and managed to dry it outside since the weather is good! and its not forecast to rain all week!
- I've been keeping up with my work outs, did a 20 minute HIIT last night, it always improves my mood and helps me sleep really well

Ate McDonald's 🤤🤤🤤
I had that for the first time in a long time earlier this week. It was the only place around on my long trip. It was pretty good. I think I got a crispy chicken sandwich or whatever it was.

I've been away for a while. I was on a camping and hiking trip. There wasn't internet or access to a lot of things. But it was kind of nice to get away from technology and just chill.

I went jet-skiing and it was a lot of fun to go really fast. Someone also made fun of my old boat (it got hit by a jet-ski a long time ago by a drunk and took a while to fix) and challenged me to a race because they thought their huge boat would win. I mean come on, I got a light boat with a powerful engine. I gave them a head start and still blew them out of the water. Their wager paid for my dinner that night lol.

I did a lot of fishing and ate a lot of crabs and some fish.

I found this really cool retro store when I did some shopping at this remote place. They had all kinds of comics, toys, records, antiques, and games. I didn't have a lot of time to look through it, but I bought this WW2 propaganda comic cause the front cover was over the top.

I had a lot of bonfires and roasted hotdogs and marshmallows/smores. I ended up scouting all of the campgrounds where people left behind a log or two in their firepits. I just kept doing that the entire time, I'm so cheap lol.

There was this really cool remote ice cream/milk shake place that made works of art out of the food and it really tasted good. They made the ice cream themselves and it was fairly cheap for how nice it was.

There was a lot of other things, but all in all, it was a fun trip. I hadn't really had one like that since the pandemic hit due to excessive workloads and family related problems.

I hope you all have been as well as you can be.

Hey, that sounds like a fantastic trip! Reminds me of the old days when I used to go hiking and camping a lot. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. :giggle:

---

I'm just happy that I got paid, it's the weekend, and my partner is being sweet to me. :giggle:

finally got around to putting together my new little lego set and I love it!! if it wasn't obvious, whomps are one of my favorite Super Mario enemies (and have been for at least a decade) so when I found out this set existed I was so excited! I meant to get it a while ago but I'm glad i have it now and I absolutely love this little guy so much 😆😆 I actually played w the set a bit before I had to leave, later I'm gonna pull our my minifigures and have them interact w him lol.
I got some pics of Miko playing w him:
20220806-182301.jpg

20220806-182304.jpg

mimi's like "what am I supposed to do w this" lol
20220806-182332.jpg

his efforts to flatten the large feline have proven to be futile
20220806-183116.jpg

he has been slain by the giant kitten!

my SO never ceases to amaze me. he's so lovely and kind. I get the feeling that he's been treated very poorly by his exes, at one point he told me "none if my exes have ever been this sincere with me." I think everyone deserves common decency and respect, and I couldn't imagine treating my SO badly at all. I said I'll always be here to give him the respect and care and love that he deserves. he's too precious and must be protected at all costs. 🥰🥰
(sorry I'm rambling I just love him so much hhhhhhhhh)
also we talked on the phone for the first time last night and it was amazing to finally hear his lovely voice 💞💞💞

I get to see one of my favorite local cover bands live today for the first time since before covid started! I think last time I was here was in 2018. it's been great to talk to them again! they also gave me a band shirt for free so that was heckin cool.

I plan on recording a new yt video tonight, trying to get myself on a schedule so I can upload consistently. also I gained another sub so I'm up to 23 now! 😁

got to play Mario no Super Picross on the original hardware last night and it was so great!! I love that game and I think I said this yesterday but I'll say it again, I'm so glad I actually own it now!

got a really sweet message from @/Shellzilla_515 earlier, I can easily say he's one of my best friends on this forum and I'm grateful for friends like him 💙

got my check today, I love having financial security and actually having money I can save and spend on myself without feeling bad about it ☺️

I’ve worked 23 hours so far. The week ends on Tuesday, so I will be well over 35 hours this week. This will be my biggest paycheck yet, at least for this job.
Just like everyone else, I’m super hyped for the fair. A lot of the challenges seem intimidating at first glance. I’m struggling a bit with the Hero’s Crossing. Writing isn’t my strong point.
I’m happy about being able to go to sleep because it was a long work day for me. I worked 11 hours today, and although it was slow, I did a lot of deep cleaning, which was extra. Just being helpful.
I’m happy about going to see my chocolate lab, Keagan, tomorrow. I’m sure he will be excited to see me because it’s been a few days.

Today left me feeling pretty good. ☺️
  • The weather was nice.
  • I got some groceries done.
  • Played a tiny bit of Gran Turismo 7.
  • I had a small chat with @/xSuperMario64x! He's such a great friend to me around here on the forums and I really appreciate his kindness and positive vibes. 💛💜
  • Made more progress in my art project! I finished one earlier on in the day and I just finished another a little while ago!
  • The TBT Fair is finally here! Despite my first time taking part in this particular event, I have a feeling I'll have some fun throughout the month. And the prizes oh my goodness, especially the physical ones! I'm eyeing that mailbox prize pack, but I'll be anticipating a lot of people will snatch them up pretty quickly.
  • Staying on the topic of the fair, I absolutely love the theme of the forum that just changed!

There was a production issue with the last of the t-shirts I ordered, but I'm actually kinda glad about it! I was having seconds thoughts about the color I ordered it in, but it turns out they're having manufacturing issues with that exact color, and so they let me request the same design in a different color! ^^ I'm feeling much more confident about this color choice, so I don't really mind the delay.
I watched a couple more episodes of Fairy Tail with my parents today!
I got to work on my aesthetic for the Fair and I'm really pleased with how it came out! ;v;
Speaking of, the Fair has begun and I'm super hyped!!! 😭 I love the theme, the site theme itself is gorgeous, the prizes and collectibles are amazing, and I'm so excited and inspired for all the various events and tasks. Lily of the Valley collectible, you will be mine

Back