• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

- I heard from an internet friend for the first time in several months!
- I ate some teriyaki chicken from a new food cart.
- I got prescribed my first medication for A.D.H.D treatment. Hopefully it'll improve my attention span and focus a bit!
- I watched some anime while drinking a tasty cold brew coffee.
- Lastly I took my daily brisk walk to work off some stress.

Despite my nephew's tantrums, it was a good day.

-The presents that my second sister ordered on my birthday arrived today.
-Ate junk food.
-This one is lame, but the CYL6 video for the app, Fire Emblem Heroes finally released today. I waited all weekend for it.

man, i haven’t posted in this thread in ages. 😅 i promise to try and be more active in here soon as i really miss posting and interacting with everyone, but for now this post is dedicated to the newest addition to my family, as it’s only 1pm and she’s already made me so very happy today. <33

some of ya’ll have already seen her, but for those who haven’t... meet bonk. ♥️ i’ve talked about her and how my family and i were looking to adopt her a bit in the wby thread (even tho she wasn’t bothering me!), and we finally brought her home yesterday!

3F7CD800-D2E4-4553-8596-EEAD505AA148.jpeg

she was very overwhelmed at first and spent her first few hours with us hiding under our couch, but after devouring her dinner of chicken & tuna fancy feast, receiving plenty of pets and encouragement, and beating the crap out of a catnip pillow (that immediately became her favourite toy), she was finally ready to explore her new home. ^~^

she’s been with us for just under 24 hours now, and she’s already made herself at home lol. she has not left a single inch of this place untouched, even going as far as to jump up onto our kitchen counter (numerous times) and even the top shelf of my mother’s closet. her favourite spot seems to be in front of my mother’s window, though, which is where she’s currently napping.

she’s a cheeky, adventurous and silly little girl, but she is genuinely so sweet. she’s constantly rubbing up against our legs and bonking her head into our hands for pets (hence her name lol), and she’ll even reach up my leg or stand on her back legs to be pet as well. 🥺 she’s very vocal, and she doesn’t seem to like being alone for long. her favourite toys are definitely catnip ones, but she also likes this colourful tunnel/tube that we have, as well as a halloween caterpillar that my mom picked out for her.

we learnt her backstory yesterday as well, and it definitely isn’t a nice one, but she’s found her forever home with us, and she’ll never be abandoned or in a shelter ever again. she’s just the sweetest little baby, and i already adore her to pieces. ♥️♥️

note: this post took over an hour to write because as soon as i wrote that she was napping in front of my mom’s window, she decided that i looked like a more comfortable place to sleep on instead. 🥺
40B0016D-661F-4362-B9BB-931C3FF0AF73.jpeg

SO CUTE!! omg, she looks like my Minmo!!
qLZa1fotofFBObpunR7WNXlaQ27iUC1F7Aic0cWi8iGDF3dzzBCoJkG1mgYmvGwWcIJPuwZw3TXIVJmUGtlrNlxEDvmOyBYaPhg31Iv9SgF0kk7XR-U83z95PI1n40IlPVpR_VUYPqrxXZGW9BdDQMvy25_f4eVnuPOLUOXaZlnirUFHTMng4sodrjh8E9pebI8e5fpDX8SPiGta6S85VtOJq9d00rKrBy2kSNTvniqkjxmPN6BExBFHs5RiYhUi22_BZIKOaM1FRLWhxjDhKmIV5MJwfvXGLhhrcwhT_aO83Vs705tITpAJ9O9y63O3gCZL3lFR7XiJg4l5POtJVEBquEC3UYNU5js8kpUAnlMQ6f6rnEFuRjbDsOiJamsGhKjkurN6T9GlKfWXkAunYoufy6MwUAiYmQ_ZXmCfwi8EPvm0ksUhtL0L4h4_Ne3WQAHJuXY9Ia53hMJuiBjjzeK62L_Mk_dGlnvks21agtLOleuuviadpGywiMpRBbaKsfqwLdnucmrB9rcR8O3RSkEnybum75yeMi62usJ3TFNChSc1pkPAbZ4b9InqixMOHLrcSvOTwis2NHgOvTzmZA4fJ7A87n3Zkqeb_zWM2TIWbeL0oHj_9r2SEtXyttk-VTCt9Eq3mjnzTYsOqgaVzCj3feLiBxla40yLH6fyi593YsXPl81BfBYY_YQvula69y7OS3ozhP0Xaf7DuCs4tXpE37phoF6PKeZdjeSZtdFRPCrX-5FXDM0zfq3Px4I=w448-h903-no

things im happy about today...
  • going back to the gym after giving it a really half-butt attempt last week, this week im doing it srsly
  • had spicy ramen which always helps my mood :)
  • finished the book i was reading and it was really good, it made me cry. in a good way maybe?

• Last night I sold a painting on etsy and also received an extremely kind message about my art. I've felt discouraged about painting lately and this was so nice to hear??? ; ; now I feel determined to keep trying!
  • A friend commissioned me to draw their recently passed pet, which is so sad, but I'm happy I get to honor her memory.
  • I made fajitas and they came out really well!
  • it seems my cat is getting over her fear of the neighbor's children; she's finally spending time on the deck again.

Ate a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast this morning. 🥯

Got some cherry-blossom petals and some wishlist items in AC:NH. 🌸🎁

Made some more art pieces today. 🎨

Watched Scott the Woz's latest video Nintendo GameCube: Shaping a Generation - Scott the Woz and it was very interesting. :D

I was playing Tomodachi Life and I saw Haru and Asami hanging out at the beach (they're best friends in-game) and it made me smile. 🥰

Played a bit of Wii Sports Resort today and got the "1-Stage Master" stamp in Cycling (winning 1st place in every 1-stage course). 🚲 I'm currently woking on getting the "3-Stage Master" stamp (nearly identical to the last one but with the 3-stage courses instead) and I already made a decent amount of progress! :)

- I got better at some techniques at martial arts yesterday that are beyond my top techniques. I'm glad I did.

- Work is going well and everything isn't stressful.

- I'm taking care of myself well and getting good rest.

- Over the past three or four days I feel like I was lost in a nightmare, and actively choosing to be in a bad mood. I kept letting everything affect me too much. The people close to me continued to support me, however, and my partner helped me wake up and realize what's truly important to me. :giggle:

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept deeply again for a few hours last night.
- The weather was really nice again today, a bit on the cool side and the sun came out in the afternoon.
- I completed everything that I needed to at work and got to log off on time today.
- I'm going into the office tomorrow and they are providing us with pizza for lunch.
- My mom had a health scare last week but her bloodwork came back good so it's not a major concern.
- My mom did get Covid, but I'm happy that she's been vaccinated and seems to have a mild case.
- I've stayed relatively calm and unstressed despite everything going on this week.

The last t-shirt I ordered finally arrived today and it looks great! ^^ I can't wait to try it out.
I've started working on my entry for Hidden Hideaways! My art's usually always character-focused, so this is making for a nice change of pace.
Watched another episode of Shubble's latest Empires SMP series with my family!
I got a lot of gaming in today! I also got to check out a mini artbook I've had, read a short story, and listened to a couple audio dramas. I'm glad I set aside the time for all this, because I can already tell it boosted my mood a ton. ;v;
I bought a couple songs I'd been wanting to get as well!

at first i thought the lemon poppyseed muffin was you describing the puppy.

tell that puppy it’s not okay to be that cute
befunky_2022-7-3_10-5-45.jpg

Today I'm happy because:

- Finished a mentally draining work project

- My stomach is feeling a bit better

- I have some time to read

• I got a ton of cleaning done the past few days, I'm really staying on top of my household chores lately
  • Got on the treadmill today for 30 minutes
  • Have been drawing more frequently
  • Have some fudge brownies baking in the oven right now, can't wait to have one!
  • One of my cats (Mustachio) laid on my chest and purred while I watched some Pokemon ❤️
  • Speaking of Pokemon, I'm enjoying watching Black and White, I never saw it when it originally aired
  • I'm happy that I have both Amazon Prime now and Netflix, between those two I'm pretty much set as far as shows and movies go :)
  • I started reading the Pokemon Adventures manga, read the first one, I have the next 5 of them held at the library, will pick them up tomorrow, can't wait to read more
  • Played some ACNH today, trying to complete my catalog, have a long way to go still
  • Finished Re-watching the Hobbit, next up is the Lord of the Rings

Back