• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

- Work went well.

- I like how I'm changing my aesthetic up a lot for the Fair.

- I've had more time this week, so I've been working on my Fair entries, and the only one I'm missing for now is the Forest of the Lustrous challenge 1 (and the contests, but I'm not counting those for now, lol). :giggle:

An online friend of mine had some small doll bodies she doesn't want anymore, and offered to send them to me for the cost of the shipping. This morning, she made a different offer - 3 small dolls from a line I collect that she has been considering selling. I'm going to buy them and she's throwing in the original bodies, with accessories, for free.

New little ones to dress up!

well I had a second interview today for a management internship & the guy said I'd hear back from them sometime early next week... but apparently they liked me so much that I got the job 30 minutes after I interviewed 😂 (also a ladybug landed on me while I was walking my dogs right before I found out, coincidence??)

I absolutely love coming back to this thread because it lets me think back on my day and look for things to be grateful for! So in honour of that, I’m happy about being able to get on this forum and think about things that make me happy~

My paternal grandmother helped me pack for my (and my dad and brother) trip to Houston tomorrow to see my mom and my maternal grandparents. While I am extremely apprehensive about the trip (mostly because I do not know how it will go with my mom), I am also looking forward to it. I have a bunch of amazing memories of my going to my maternal grandparent's house :,,,,,,,)

Last edited:
Excited for the new few weekends!

Got a wedding to go to this weekend.
Got our bachelor/ette party the next.
Then another wedding/Lake Placid weekend vacation following that one.
Fourth weekend we're meeting with our officiant for our wedding.
Fifth we have my fiance's bridal shower.
Sixth we're meeting with our DJ for our wedding.

Won't have a free weekend until October which brings our wedding the 3rd weekend in! :)

- I got paid today.

- Partner has been super sweet.

- Listening to fun music while working.

- Speaking of work, I've been doing really well, and I put in a final push today to go above and beyond. I'm really happy with my work ethic.

- Lastly, I'm finally beginning to accept myself more and more as a person, which has been a constant struggle for me. :giggle:

-I'm happy that I started playing AC:NH regularly again after a month or so of burn-out. :)

-I'm almost done with Poofesure's Wii Sports videos! I have about 30 more videos out of the 100-something. I'm hoping that I'll be able to finish the series before school starts, but knowing me I'll finish it in a week. 😆

-I've also been watching my favorite cartoon, Animaniacs! I'm glad that I can still sing the songs even if it's been two years, so I've been singing my favorites (like Yakko's World, Wakko's America, I'm Cute, A Quake, Hello Nurse, and The Ballad of Magellan) the past few days! 🎶

-Got all the stamps and beat Anna (aka the Champion) in Wii Sports Resort Cycling! 🚲 Pretty impressed that it didn't take very long, either. I beat the 6-stage course in 1st place on the first try! :eek: Although not as big as an accomplishment, I did get some more silver medals in the training modes for Wii Sports as well. 🥈

-Made a new Mii, Hello Nurse from Animaniacs! I had some trouble making it look as close as in the cartoon, but otherwise I'd say she looks pretty good! (She also looks a bit like if Fumiko and Asami somehow had a baby together, haha.)

-Got some nice color variants of clothing items! I already have some ideas of what clothes to give, I think Fumiko would look really nice in a red Chinese dress. She'd be matching with Sakura, too!

-Matt and Elisa had another baby! I think it's their second or third one by now? Either way, their kids must be super athletic, seeing that both their parents are Champions of certain sports. XD

-Reverted some of the Mii's nicknames to normal. Their old names were always funny every time they were mentioned, but it's nice seeing their original names for a change. (Although I might keep some nicknames, like Goldfish and Spaghetti.)

Today I'm happy because:

- I had another deep night's sleep.
- I went into the office today and had a quiet day.
- An issue that I discovered late yesterday was resolved today so it didn't ruin my weekend.
- I did a lot more writing on my Hero's Crossing story. I nearly doubled my word count. I'm almost at 1000 words but I'm only halfway through the story I want to tell. I'm pretty sure I'll be hitting 2000 words or more.
- I correctly solved Round 4 of Mysteries of the Monolith! It was tedious and I had some small doubts, but I'm so glad I got it right.
- I found an intact dragonfly wing in my backyard today. I'm sorry for the dragonfly that lost it, but I'm keeping it. Who knows? It may come in handy for the Fair.
- The weather was nice again today and my husband and I went for a walk this evening.
- I finished all 10 episodes of The Sandman today and was excited to see that a bonus episode has been released! Looking forward to watching it this weekend!
- It's Friday! I get to sleep in, work on Fair stuff, and relax this weekend!

Quite a fair amount of things today!
  • I got decent sleep last night which put me in a good mood for pretty much the whole day.
  • The weather was nice today. When I dropped off my mother at her work, the sun rising was just beautiful!
  • I had a nice small talk with @/xSuperMario64x! He shared a few photos of a car show he went to that mainly showcases old Volkswagen Beetles, different variants of the Sambabus (such as a double cab which I didn't even know existed), and even a Karmann Ghia! Of course, me being a car enthusiast, it got me in a happy mood. Bug even parked his own red New Beetle convertible at the show and it's awesome to hear that the people there liked it!
  • My sister and I went to the mall so she could buy a few things for her friend. We went into a Toys R Us store to look around for a bit out of curiosity. To my pleasant surprise, my sister found that they were selling small plushies of Blue and Magenta from Blue's Clues! I was cutified by them, especially since they make noises when pressing on their paw. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any clues, or I'd be whipping out a handy dandy notebook on the spot haha.
Apologies in advance for the potato quality lol.
IMG_6531.PNG

IMG_6532.JPG
  • I got to play a little bit of Gran Turismo 7. My sister was watching me play for a bit and when I told her about the 2004 DMC Delorean S2, she got really pepped up for some reason. I don't know why, but it was a pleasant surprise and totally unexpected. Anyway, I decided to take that car for a spin to showcase it to her and even sounded the horn. We both burst out laughing after hearing it lol. The handling of it is... Okay if I'm being honest, but it's probably because of the tires.
delorean.PNG
  • I listened to some music while working on my art project. I've been listening to a particular soundtrack from The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Seasons and its Dancing Dragon Dungeon. It absolutely bops despite the Gameboy Colour limitations! Nintendo, can you please remaster both Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages?
  • Speaking of which, I unfortunately haven't finished a piece for my art project today, but I still made progress regardless. This one piece is taking me much more time than anticipated, and it doesn't help when the art lean is annoying the heck out of me despite mirroring my work constantly lol. The pain will be worth it in the end, though!

- I volunteered at the library for five and a half hours and helped over a dozen families with the Summer Reading program!
- I ate a tasty burrito at a new restaurant.
- I relaxed with some anime and cold brew coffee.
- I gave lots of attention to my dog Fred!

Not happy that my tuxedo kitty has an ear infection, but there were a ton of very cute and very good doggos at the vet today! ;v; Every single one of them looked like they desperately wanted to come over and say "hi". There was also a bulldog who, while clearly very good-natured, was very firm in his refusal to get up on the scale. 😂 It took two people to finally get him up on there, and then only barely.
I got to work on my Hidden Hideaways entry some more. It's really starting to come along!
Decided to cut my hair this evening! I might keep it medium-length once it grows out again, but for now I'm enjoying how much lighter and cooler it feels. :giggle:
I'm really excited for the new Fair events starting tomorrow, and the physical prize releases in the shop! ^^ I'm hoping that I'll be fast enough to get one of the wooden standees from the prize shop, but I'll be happy either way.

The ever gracious and wonderful duo @Roxxy and @The Pennifer donated an incredibly rare 2014 Diamond (April birthstone) collectible for my lineup to commemorate an important date in my life. I was so shocked, I forgot to thank them here!

I am also so dang proud of my entry for the Hidden Hideaways enchanted door art contest. I have been kinda art blocked for a while, and it just unleashed my creativity-- if only I had more time to finish it to my satisfaction. Maybe later.

Also, my son struggled in school last year, but he is really off to a great start this year and shows more enthusiasm for participating.
And my daughter is picking up speech and reading a bit as a toddler. Everyone really develops at their own pace, but the fact that they are enjoying themselves and their new found knowledge is such a pleasure to see.

Also, after months of blistering hot heat, it rained and poured and thundered today. I love rainstorms!

-My nephew was cuddly in the afternoon. Not so much in the evening.
-After struggling for 2 hours, I won the dinner battle and got my nephew to eat some of his dinner.
-Ate some Del Taco after I finished babysitting.
-BIL gave me $100 as a late birthday present.
-The mailbox key is lost atm, but the notebook that I ordered arrived.

• I got my root canal finished the other day at the dentist (it was started during a previous appointment but couldn't be finished in one visit). It was a very long appointment,took an hour. I have a followup appointment to get impressions taken so they can send them off to get a crown made, then I'll have another appointment to get the permanent crown put on. I'm very glad to be getting all this taken care of finally. Will just have to be super careful with what I eat in the meantime so I don't mess up that tooth the root canal was done on, so I plan on avoiding chips, chewy stuff, hard/crunchy stuff, etc, and obviously sugar
  • Went grocery shopping yesterday, got everything on my list. Plus I was able to find sugar free maple syrup, which is cool, because as I mentioned I'm trying to avoid sugar as much as possible. Also I got a rewards card finally for the grocery store I typically go to. Now I can use my points I save up from shopping or food to get money off my grocery trips or enter sweepstakes, or redeem them for products or magazine subscriptions, etc
  • Started watching Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
  • I start volunteering on Monday, nervous but excited too
  • Going to enjoy a relatively relaxing weekend :)

Back