• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

- Feed a bunch of ducks some bread while out on my daily walk
- Decided to re-buy Fantasy Life (Fantastic game on the 3DS)
- Decided to cut some negative people out of my life
- Took a break from job searching and finally just chilled out
- Most relaxed I've been in years, not gonna lie

Today was long and a little bit stressful, but I'm feeling better now and I'm quite happy about a few things! ^^
I know I was just commenting yesterday that I was doing well on my collectible hunts, but I actually got a couple more I was looking for today!! Big thanks to everyone who's traded with me! 🥰
Watched Grian's latest Hermitcraft episode with my family!
Also got to play a little more in Style Savvy: Styling Star, and met a couple more new customers!
I'm expecting a few pre-ordered things to come in soon anyway, but... I had a bit of extra spending money that'd been sitting around for awhile, so I might've gone on a little shopping spree, ehehe.

Today I'm happy because:

- I chose to work from home again today and felt like it was the right choice for me.
- I got a decent amount of work done today and I'm feeling better about work in general.
- Not going into too much detail, but I'm happy there are so many sustainable feminine products available on the market now. It's nice to have options that let me feel comfortable and confident.
- I had a good session with my counselor this afternoon.
- My husband and I got our Covid boosters and flu shots.
- I bought a couple of gifts for my niece's birthday.
- I'm done with work for the week and shouldn't have to go anywhere this weekend, so I can avoid the stormy weather for the most part.
- I'm looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow morning.

I did it!!!!! I got the permanent role!!! :D 🥳 😤

I know I'm a few days late, but this is just so awesome to hear this happening to you, Riley! I feel like you've been continuously growing as a person and progressing in life no matter how many things that life throws at you. This is yet another character development in a show/cartoon/anime/etc., except that it's all real! :)

-------------------------------

Hehe, it's been a hot minute that I've made a post here. Let's see if I can remember and put everything into one then list some stuff from today yesterday.

Over the past few days
  • I got to unscrew more bolts from an engine and continued to take parts off it. I also took the time to observe them closely just being low-key amazed by the mechanics lol.
  • Continuing to make small progress on the drawing I've been working on.
  • I asked for music recommendations from @/xSuperMario64x and he shared a bunch of synthwave stuff. Wowie, a lot of them sound so great that I have them on while playing Gran Turismo 7 and put them in my playlist when I drive IRL, especially the ones made by FM-84. Listening to the synthwave genre makes me imagine driving into the sunset or floating freely in outer space. 😌Oh, and Bug also told me that he spotted a Shelby Cobra the other day, so that's pretty rad that he managed to spot a classic car!
Everything - FM-84
  • Feel free to skip this point. Yes, it's been a few weeks since I last spotted a car that has yet to be mentioned! So I was walking through this parking lot near the college I go to and saw this obscure car called the Eagle Talon ESi! I couldn't believe I managed to see this car because despite being obscure and elusive to find, the Eagle Talon ESi does appear in the older Gran Turismo games! Unfortunately, it's not in 7, so it's forever doomed to be stuck in PS2 quality lol. I wonder if the owner of the car is even aware that it appeared in a video game haha. Moving on to a separate day with a brand that people are more familiar with, I may have very well spotted a Porsche 911 Turbo (930)! It was making a left at an intersection and only had a split second to see the car, but it lasted long enough to catch its appearance. 😀
  • Played Gran Turismo 7 for some more time trials and bought a few cars. I also took a photo of the Shelby Cobra and the Porsche 911 Turbo (930) that I just mentioned. I'm fully aware the car roster leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to having ones from the more recent years and missing manufacturers but man, it always makes me happy seeing the different kinds of cars I can drive in a single game and occasionally spot in real life.
The pose of my driver avatar is basically my reaction when spotting a recognizable car in real life lol.
Hakone Tokaido Checkpoint_.jpeg

Tokyo National Art Center_.jpeg

September 30, 2022
  • The weather was nice today and pretty cold. I like it! Just watch me complain about cold temperatures when winter rolls around lol.
  • I saw a bunch of doggos while going for a walk with my sister.
  • I ate some food from Jollibee. It was very tasty and made me full. 😋
  • I created another drawing (not the one that's currently WIP) and finished it!
  • Feel free to skip this point. Here's another car that I spotted. It's a Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 (pronounced gai-AAR-dow)! Finally, a Lamborghini that's NOT an Aventador (pronounced uhh-VEN-tuh-dor) or a freaking Huracan. It was getting tiring seeing those two from the manufacturer, so I'm glad the elusive Gallardo kept things fresh and put a smile on my face. :)
  • I played Gran Turismo 7 and messed around with another silly engine swap that recently got added to the game. Remember the Suzuki Cappuccino that I keep mentioning? Well, I can now take the engine from the Mazda RX-7 (FD) that I have seen IRL and cram it into this small car. After throwing a bunch of engine upgrades, the power output is now 499HP, a massive difference compared to the Cappuccino's original engine output of 63HP. It doesn't corner as well, but oh my goodness this thing just takes off like a rocket ship on the straights. It can easily pass 300 km/h, but I managed to get up to 439 km/h after tweaking the gear ratios and using nitrous. That is absolutely terrifying lol. Oh, and I decided to take it on a track with two huge straights duking off against race cars. The result? They got destroyed by a small car named after a coffee drink lol. By the way, the Mazda RX-7 uses a rotary engine which is pretty different compared to your typical piston engine. I'll spare you the details but to put it in very simple terms, spinning triangles power the car or what I'd like to call, the Dorito engine. 😆
Names in italics indicate that the car is fictional.

Here it is, reaching 439 km/h before I inevitably bump into the 1991 Mazda 787B. The speedometer maxes out at 140 km/h, so it becomes absolutely useless going over three times as fast lol.
Gran Turismo® 7_20220930235805.jpg

I made the camera focus on a different car to show how fast I was going. Overtaking the F1500T-A (left) and the 1992 Nissan R92CP at roughly 410 km/h in my Suzuki Cappuccino is absolutely hilarious. Of course, you could see Spongebob transformed into a 1970 Chapparal 2J in the background.
Special Stage Route X__6.jpeg

I'm destroying the Red Bull X2019 Competition (right) and the 1988 McLaren MP4/4. Why is this possible. 😂
Special Stage Route X__7.jpeg

My opponent had to get into the slipstream just so it could overtake me before using nitrous to leave it behind again. The Cappuccino is that overpowered on the straights.
Gran Turismo® 7_20221001000954.jpg

I'm actually not feeling too well mentally speaking over the past few days, but I'm doing my best to stay strong for myself and my friends. 😤

I'm happy that my Mom and I were able to get the bivalent COVID vaccine today! I'm also happy that my aunt and uncle are here visiting us for the first time in 3 years! They haven't been able to come here the past 2 years due to the pandemic, so it's really nice that they finally feel safe enough to come out this year.

I slept very well and woke up feeling refreshed. I played a few online rounds of Madden 23 and Mario Party Superstars. I performed very well in both of them, too.
I told my favorite person about something that was on my mind. It was a huge weight off my shoulders telling her rather than keeping it inside. She’s been so comforting and understanding towards me. It’s out of character for her, but she tries for me. She never makes me feel like I’m too obsessive or annoying
(although I know I can be sometimes) and I love it.
I have the next two days off as well for some video games, forum browsing and relaxation. The baseball postseason is approaching and so is the regular season of hockey. It’s a good time for sports, for me. I’m very confident in the Kings this year, too. High expectations.

- Going grocery shopping today! I've only had cereal and milk handy for the past two days (I love cereal, but it doesn't exactly fill you up)

- Playing Cozy Grove in the morning has been a great anxiety and stress-reducing experience that makes me happy

- Going out for lunch with my mom today. We're going shopping after

- I can hear the excited paws of my upstairs neighbor's dog. I love hearing him prance about

- Happy that it's only Saturday. Three day weekends are so nice

- Slept in for a bit

- Found a couple of new Discord communities for stuff I like that seem fairly active and welcoming

I’ve felt so blessed by my friends lately, I don’t have many IRL friends, due to not working anymore, losing commonalities with the friends I did have, and being home most of the time because of covid etc. I’d say 98% of my friends are on here and I’ve just felt so fortunate to know so many wonderful people on here.

-I finished my art project the other day, which I set as my TBT avatar and signature! It doesn't scream 'Halloween' as much as I thought it would, but I still like it regardless. 🎨

-My best online friend and I did an art collab for our 1-year anniversary of our friendship! (I'm not going to post it yet 'cause our anniversary is on the 18th, but don't worry I'll be sure to post it by then... 👀)

-Received a super nice message from @/Mr_Keroppi that made me smile! :giggle:

-Got a lot of things done in AC:NH! I mostly crafted furniture and did some fishing, but I finished my fruit orchard and crop farm area as well!

-I've been re-watching Poofesure's videos lately (mostly the Wii Sports baseball and basketball ones), and it amazes me how hilarious and entertaining his content is. Out of all the YouTubers I've watched over the years, I'd say he's my absolute favorite. ^^

Today I'm happy because:

- I didn't have to work today and got to sleep in this morning.
- I've been feeling the side effects of the Covid bivalent booster all day but it seems like they're starting to fade.
- I'm glad I didn't have much to do today so I was able to just rest.
- We got more tile samples in and they look nice.
- I still have tomorrow off.

Watched another episode of Fairy Tail and FMAB this morning with my family! ^^ We also watched SmallishBeans' new Empires SMP episode on Youtube later over dinner.
I made it through another month in Style Savvy: Styling Star! I'm just hunting for these last few clothing items at this point, and I know I'm really close now—I'm just... not sure how many months they're going to stretch these items across lol ;u;
Also got to play Legends: Arceus for a bit today, and made some good progress on research tasks!
Saw some new art of one of my faves! 💙
Got the rest of the ACNH NSO icon elements for September! I fell behind a bit when I got sick, but I'm glad I was able to catch it up in time. c:

- I have my first proper day back at uni tomorrow, so that's interesting...I'm glad I got my reading done for class earlier, so I don't have to do any work tonight :ROFLMAO:

- My friend finally got back in touch with me, I'm happy for her bc she found a job when I know she really needed to get one. And we should be meeting up together the week after next.

- I tried some pumpkin falafels today (y) and it's been sunny!

Weekend post! 🥳

- The Dallas Cowboys beat the Washington Commanders 25-10 and improved to 3-1 on the season in the NFL. Cooper Rush is the first Dallas QB ever to be 4-0 in his first four starts! 🏈

- My Hero Academia season six premiered yesterday, and I'm really looking forward to the rest of this season! It's going to be epic. 🦸‍♂️

- I've been playing the newest Archon quests in Genshin Impact, as well as ascending Cyno a lot, and having a lot of fun with it. 🐫

- I got groceries yesterday and am going to do some more laundry today. 🍎

- My partner has been super sweet to me lately. 💚

- The weather has been beautiful here the last couple days! ☀️

- I slept in today and I'm in a great mood because of it! :D

My favorite person loved that I got her Mario Party Superstars so we could play together, so much that she wants to buy me something. I said she doesn’t have to but she insisted and I’m honestly surprised with how close we’ve gotten. I couldn’t imagine myself this close with any person a few months ago, so this makes me happy. I even kept the drawings she made for me over a year ago, which made her really happy.
My manager said she’d give me overtime if she could afford it. Firstly, overtime is unheard of for dishwashers and second, so are the hours I’ve been getting. I’m working at a partner store on call for overtime hours, but to hear this makes me happy. I’ve been going above and beyond for the past year.
I found a new type of sandwich I like at a local gas station. The sandwich isn’t new, but it’s new to me and I loved it. It’s ham and white cheddar on a pretzel bun!
I’ve been pretty stress few over the past week or so. I’m glad I’ve been able to easily avoid stressful situations that I know stress me out.

-Just came back from a weekend trip. I’m glad to be back in my room.

-Also for visiting a relative. It’s nice to see that he’s doing fine and in good company.

-Finally trying a Whataburger hamburger. It’s ok.

-Visited a Build-a-Bear workshop. I didn’t buy anything but it was nice to finally see how those bears are made. My nephew got scared during the stuffing process, and it was cute seeing him run to me.

Back