• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

Today was a good day and I love it!
  • To top it off, the weather was nice and cool with clear sunny skies!
  • My sister, mother, and I went to this Krispy Kreme location where they had a bunch of original glazed doughnuts that were freshly made! They tasted so good and pretty much melted in my mouth. We also bought different kinds there with the lemon-filled doughnut being one of my absolute favourites.
  • We didn't end there in terms of getting food. We ended up going to Ikea just so we could buy some hotdogs. They still taste great even after many years, and still at the same price for a single dollar (aside from taxes of course)!
  • Feel free to skip this point. I already saw this car, but I saw a Volkswagen Sambabus in the Ikea parking lot while trying to find a spot. The last time I saw one in person was sometime late last year! Funny how I went from spotting an Italian supercar the other day to a German van that's mostly associated with hippies for whatever reason lol.
  • I watched the 2022 Formula 1 Singapore Grand Prix! It happened while I had to go places, but I'm glad to watch the replay of the entire race. Really interesting how the track conditions were dry on some parts but absolutely wet on others which made the gamble for slick tires pretty risky. My guilty pleasure of mine was when Mercedes had a horrible race. They didn't finish well along with a couple of errors from the drivers themselves. To be fair, Max Verstappen also had some misfortunes, but I didn't mind that cause I just want other drivers to do well that aren't typically fighting for the top. I really liked how Sergio Perez and Charles Leclerc were both fighting for the lead at one point before the former won at the end, and I'm glad he did which brought him his fourth win in Formula 1!
  • I had a small nap.
  • I'm still really happy with this drawing I finished a couple of days ago because it's actually the AC villager I created during the celebrating diversity event a while back.
It's Pag-asa the Philippine Eagle for those unaware. He has gone through a couple of redesigns since but man, he just looks so cute and I want to hug him. 🥺 The colour orange fits Pag-asa surprisingly well too! Not gonna lie, I'm very tempted to use him as my profile picture, but that would mean giving up Blue and Poliwag and I don't want to do that, especially since having those two on there for almost a year now.
Silly birb.png

• I had a small chat with @/xSuperMario64x about a bunch of stuff! We got a few laughs out of it too with a couple of things that are good enough to be used in "the out of context quotes" thread over at the basement lol.

Last edited:
Today I'm happy because:

- I slept pretty deeply last night and got to sleep in this morning.
- Both my husband and I are feeling better today. Our Covid vaccine side effects are nearly gone after only one day.
- The weather still wasn't great but at least the rain and wind have died down enough to take my dog on his full walk.
- I saw Ms. Potter, the rabbit, and a squirrel in my backyard while taking my dog for a walk.
- The Minnesota Vikings won their game in London against the Saints! 💜💛

Spy x Family is back!!! ;v; My family and I watched the new episode this morning, and I can't wait for next week's!!
Also caught the latest One Piece episode this morning! Can't believe they're giving us a recap episode next week after everything they've just thrown at us. 😂 We watched GoodTimesWithScar on Youtube later too!
Made it through another month in Style Savvy: Styling Star and met a few new customers! It was a fairly slow month progress-wise, but I'm very happy to report that I've collected all the clothes from two brands now—ARIANNA (just handbags, so admittedly a fairly small selection anyway) and Raven Candle!! I'm especially excited about Raven Candle, they're the gothic clothing brand and they have a lot of really pretty clothes, so I'm happy to finally own all of them. ;v;

I don't think it's a secret to anyone who was active in the TBT Fair 2022 that I have been non-stop busy for months. Well, the opportunity for a rare quiet day actually came up - and it was unexpectedly fulfilling. Spontaneity is nice. 🖤

I was initially intending to travel elsewhere today, but my partner said last night that she had booked the day off work so I decided to make the most of us both having time off and stay here an extra day. We had zero plans whatsoever. Slept in until 9am, household chores, cuddled on the couch drinking tea. Chill stuff. About 11am she said she wanted to go for a walk and I intended to stay behind, but when she remembered I hadn't left the house since Saturday she insisted I come along too. She asked where I wanted to go, so I suggested we take a wander to the botanical gardens. The aquatic and plant life we saw inspired me to want to do some world-building for an underdeveloped region in the book series I've been writing, so I took 100+ photographs while we there (some of my favourites are below!). I treated us to Starbucks coffee on the way there and she bought us lunch (battered sausage supper and onion rings 🤤) on the way home. Since then I've managed to make some progress on my novel this afternoon while she played video games. And about an hour ago her flatmates invited us to go to a pub quiz with them tonight, so I've good company and wine to look forward to still.🍷

20221003_collagecensor.jpg

The woman photographed is my partner. She knows I'm posting this here.

- Got my 4th COVID booster shot, the Moderna Bivalent shot
- Feed some bread to the usual ducks I come across during my walk, they seem less afraid of me now
- Discovered one of the Marvel Omnibuses I own is out of print and rather valuable, never read it as I forgot about it. so seriously considering selling it
- Job searching went well
- Decided to cut ties with some people who said they were my friends, but was obvious they just didn't care about me at all
- Writing some music for the band, it's been going fairly well

Really good day today for me! I hope you all are having a great day today too! :)

Two things!
1) A coworker who I havent had contact with in almost 2 weeks has COVID, so everyone works from home until she's tested negative. She doesn't have any symptoms but we're doing it out of caution. So yay for work from home!
2) I got a witch hat in the mail to use for a future Lolita coord and its glorious.

What I ordered:
O1CN01URF5fn1vvDgl9bzJX_!!2008806234.jpg

Vs what I got
310321764_5909191102448058_411787201058816278_n.jpg

I recently ordered an original Nintendo DS system and had it sent to someone else to have them install a capture device to it. It just arrived at my house today and it works great! Now I can record my DS and GBA games directly from the original hardware, as well as play them on a larger screen!

DS Capture test.jpg

• My Hocus Pocus themed tarot deck was delivered today and I love it (Hocus Pocus as in the Disney movie), the artwork is amazing, I can't wait to learn about the cards in the book that came with it and do a reading for myself :D
  • I spent some time playing ACNH today
  • Been listening to a lot of music, just got a free 3 month trial to Amazon Prime Music subscription, so I'm loving that
  • One of my cats laid on me (Mustachio) and was purring while I listened to Chrismtas music and it was just extremely relaxing
  • I took a walk, it was nice to get outside in the fresh cold air

Attachments

• stash2.jpg
    stash2.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Maybelle.jpg
    Maybelle.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 4
Today I'm happy because:

- I slept pretty well last night.
- I had a relatively easy day at work.
- Our heat pump started making awful grinding noises Friday night. We did have someone come out to look at it on Saturday, but they had to order a part. Today they came back to fix it so now we have heat again!
- With everything I've had going on the past two months, I haven't done any work on my novel, but I've started getting back into the mood to write again and having some fresh ideas.
- The storms finally ended and we had a clear day for the first time since Thursday.
- I had a nice evening with my husband and my dog.
- I'm thinking about taking Friday off for a long weekend.

Last edited:
My Halloween candy for this year arrived! I managed to get ahold of a bag of Lightning Bolts gumballs; they were always my favorite quarter machine candy when I was little. I've lost my taste for so many candies I liked as a kid (especially fruity ones), so I was a little worried I wouldn't like these anymore, but they're just as good (and sour!) as I remember them being. ;v;
Got caught up on Shubble's Empires SMP series with my family!
Played some more Style Savvy: Styling Star, got to help some more brand new customers, and found the last bag I needed to collect all the items from Chorale Prelude, the other handbag-only brand!

Today is day 2 of my 2-week "vacation" between jobs. I'm mainly focused on self-study, which brings me back to my last (and favourite) year of university, and reflection on my past 2 years of experience. Very grateful for the new opportunity which found me. 🙏

Very excited to start the new role in a totally new field! Slightly nervous, too, but that's mostly from social anxiety, haha.

Had my first lecture of my 2nd year of university yesterday, and was happy to meet up with a friend I haven't seen in a long time! I'm glad we're doing the same courses so I'll see her pretty often :) I also did the reading for my class on Wednesday

Very happy I had a long sleep because I was exhausted

Tonight I got my extra reading + notes done for class on Thursday!

I have to miss my classes tomorrow because of train strikes (means I can't physically get to university even if I wanted to...), low key I'm okay with that because I get an extra day off lmao

I don't think it's a secret to anyone who was active in the TBT Fair 2022 that I have been non-stop busy for months. Well, the opportunity for a rare quiet day actually came up - and it was unexpectedly fulfilling. Spontaneity is nice. 🖤

I was initially intending to travel elsewhere today, but my partner said last night that she had booked the day off work so I decided to make the most of us both having time off and stay here an extra day. We had zero plans whatsoever. Slept in until 9am, household chores, cuddled on the couch drinking tea. Chill stuff. About 11am she said she wanted to go for a walk and I intended to stay behind, but when she remembered I hadn't left the house since Saturday she insisted I come along too. She asked where I wanted to go, so I suggested we take a wander to the botanical gardens. The aquatic and plant life we saw inspired me to want to do some world-building for an underdeveloped region in the book series I've been writing, so I took 100+ photographs while we there (some of my favourites are below!). I treated us to Starbucks coffee on the way there and she bought us lunch (battered sausage supper and onion rings 🤤) on the way home. Since then I've managed to make some progress on my novel this afternoon while she played video games. And about an hour ago her flatmates invited us to go to a pub quiz with them tonight, so I've good company and wine to look forward to still.🍷

View attachment 462876
The woman photographed is my partner. She knows I'm posting this here.
Sounds like just the type of day you needed - for yourself, and the two of you. 😊

20221004_151642.jpg

I was out for a walk in an area near my neighborhood and I saw this scrawled on one of the sidewalks.It says "CHARLEY It's over 4 Good".I've heard of breakups by email,text,note-stuck-to-a-car and lipstick on a bathroom mirror but never a breakup via sidewalk graffiti.Did the person who wrote this anticipate that Charley might be having a jog down this sidewalk and hope he'd see the message?Maybe Charley was someone's pet bearded dragon and they got tired of feeding the thing live crickets?

Back