• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

Guess who's the new Pokémon Champion in Sinnoh? I just defeated Cynthia in Pokémon Platinum! It was a super tough fight and I barely made it through, but I still managed it!! ;v; Looking forward to getting into the postgame next time!
Watched an episode of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Fairy Tail this morning with my family!
We also watched Grian's latest video this evening! I'm loving this crossover event they're doing. ^^
I've got my aesthetic ready for Christmas! I've had a lineup planned for a little while now and I knew what I wanted for my pfp/signature, but I finally got around to making them today. They'll be ready to go when December rolls around! ❄️

Today I'm happy because:

- I had a wonderful night of deep sleep and got to sleep in this morning.
- The weather started off cloudy and rainy but cleared up and stayed really warm all afternoon/evening.
- I enjoyed a nice day at home with my husband and my dog. My dog snuggled with me on the couch for a while.
- I finally started on my Shadow Summoning Circle entry. I was having trouble coming up with an idea that I thought I could pull off, but I finally had a brainstorm on how to do it. Looking at some of the previously submitted entries gave me some great ideas on how to get creative and not do paper cutting because I know I'd be terrible at that. I still only expect to get participation points, but it's important for me to submit something I'm reasonably proud of.
- I had a delicious dinner at Olive Garden tonight. My husband took me, my mom, my aunt and uncle out for a joint birthday celebration and we all had a really nice time together. I also got to see and pet my mom's cat when we picked her up for dinner.
- The clocks are turning back tonight! An extra hour to do with as I please and now I can try to improve my sleep schedule through the winter. I wish we never had to turn the clocks forward again.
- Tomorrow is Sunday and I have nothing planned except finishing my final entry in the TBT event. It should be a relaxing day before I have to go back to work on Monday.

Guess who's the new Pokémon Champion in Sinnoh? I just defeated Cynthia in Pokémon Platinum! It was a super tough fight and I barely made it through, but I still managed it!! ;v; Looking forward to getting into the postgame next time!
yay!! ^^

i never did the post game.... i probably should do, sometime...... takes too long...:sleep: besides.. i never did the diamond/pearl/platinum post game, soo.... yeah :oops:

yay!! ^^

i never did the post game.... i probably should do, sometime...... takes too long...:sleep: besides.. i never did the diamond/pearl/platinum post game, soo.... yeah :oops:
Thanks! c: I'm trying to go back and finish the Pokémon games I never completed when I was a kid. My DS cartridges aren't getting any younger ahahah. ^^;

This was last night, but I saw someone driving, their license plate said “BLK BELT” and it made me smile. I like seeing martial artists take pride in their rank.
⟡ I saw my favorite person before heading to work at my other job. She says she’ll let me know when she’s free so we can hang out again. Someone else taking initiative is nice because I’m so used to it always being me, which makes me feel not important. With her, the effort is, like, 50/50.
I took a day off from my second job this week, so I’ll get a little more extra time to myself. The money is nice, but I don’t want to overwork myself either.
I’m happy that the weather has been nice and clear lately.

I just wanna apologize in advance for bombarding people's posts in this thread with my reactions for the umpteenth time lol.

November 5, 2022
  • I ate some doughnuts from Krispy Kreme with my mother and sister!
  • We got some mangoes from this store and it's been a while since I last ate those yummy fruits!
  • I ate some spaghetti from Jollibee.
  • Feel free to skip this point. I saw a wild Toyota Supra Mk4 once again while I was driving on the highway. For a car that I've yet to mention, I most likely saw a 2008 Maserati GranTurismo S! It was parked right in front of the place I was ordering food, so I lowkey got to look closely at the small details while waiting to pick up my food. 😆 Anyway, I paid attention to the front grille, wheel rims (though the one I saw is different compared to the image), headlights, taillights, exhaust, and noticed a small writing of the word "Pininfarina" found on both sides of the car near the front wheels. Do you know what this means? This marks the 42nd unique manufacturer and is the 175th car on the list! Out of all of them, 141 cars (or at least similar in appearance) have appeared in the Gran Turismo series at one point, with one singular car that appeared in Mario Kart 8 lol. But really, I always find it awesome seeing different kinds that I recognize in video games during my drives, walks, and wherever else they want to show up.
  • I ate pizza for lunch.
  • Completed my entry for one of the activities for the TBT Halloween event and it got accepted!
Today (November 6, 2022)
  • I cooked some tasty good food for breakfast and dinner!
  • Over the past week or so, I've been making some things on Inkscape as I have a livery idea that's been on my mind for a few weeks now. I really like it, even though I still got ways to go until I'm done.
  • I played Gran Turismo 7 and did a custom race. It's funny driving a fast car while a couple of them are so slow that they are moving hazards haha.
Featuring 12 cars, here is the list in order from first to last. Underlined names indicate I have seen them (or similar in appearance) in real life. Spoiler alert: a lot of them are. 😅
  1. 1981 Porsche 911 Turbo (930)
  2. 2017 Lexus LC500
  3. 2019 Ferrari F8 Tributo
  4. 1980 Renault R5 Turbo You should see the steering wheel for this car. It looks pretty whacky and I like the unusual design!
  5. 2014 Volkswagen Golf VII GTI
  6. 2008 Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) Here in Canada at least, this car is better known as the Nissan 370Z!
  7. 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) This is the car I got as a b-day gift in-game a few months ago. It's the one I'm driving in the photo. 🥺
  8. 2009 Abarth 500
  9. 1997 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec
  10. 2013 Pagani Huayra This is one of the numerous cars I saw as diecast models in a store weeks ago. Really cool!
  11. 1956 Porsche 356 A/1500 GS Carrera
  12. 1995 Honda Integra Type R (DC2)
Alsace - Test Course_.jpeg
  • I finished my entry for the shadow summoning circles entry. Aside from a couple of very quick doodles, it's the first time in quite a long while that I did a bit of traditional drawing! I was worried that I might've gotten rusty since I've been doing digital 99% of the time, but I'm glad that my skills can be applied to the physical paper. Oh, and it got accepted too! :)

Got an extra hour's sleep and we're finally back to actual time here! I just wish it could stay this way. ;v;
Watched the new One Piece and Spy x Family episodes with my parents this morning! We also watched GeminiTay's latest Empires episode later, and it was super fun.
I got to make good progress in the Pokémon Platinum postgame today, and made it into Stark Mountain! Although if Buck could kindly respect that I just want to catch a Koffing for my Dex and stop fainting them on sight, that would be great. I swear I'm gonna one-shot his darn Claydol next time
And I got to make a couple rubber band bracelets! ^^ Found a new pattern that I really like too.

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept so well and for so long last night. I'm so glad we're back to standard time.
- Unfortunately, it was rainy most of the day, but it was also really warm. It's supposed to be warm tomorrow too.
- I watched an episode of Outlander and the newest episode of Spy x Family.
- The Minnesota Vikings won yet again! I can't believe they're 7-1! 💜💛
- I had a nice day at home with my husband and my dog.
- My dog snuggled with me on the couch.
- I enjoyed a strawberry waffle cone.
- I finished my Shadow Summoning Circle and it was accepted. I completed all of the events that I could and now have enough currency for all the collectibles I want.
- I was able to remain a Dead Tree Wraith! 💚🖤

This covers a few days rather than just today, but damn things have been busy!

• I had four job interviews Tues-Thurs. I didn't get any of the positions, but I was placed on the reserve list for two. I also had the opportunity to meet with a laboratory manager on Tuesday who has previously expressed interest in me coming to work for her when a position opens up. Job hunting is stressful but I feel like I'm making progress. I've three people in different regions of the country who are interested in me coming to work in their labs - just need the relevant posts to open!
  • On Thursday, my partner and I went to our friends' wedding reception. We've only known them a few months—we go bouldering with them once a week and go out on double-dates x1-2 a month—so we were surprised to get an invite! Especially when we realised how small/intimate the event was. They're the only other gay couple in our friendship group so there was something really touching about being included in their special day.
  • On Friday, we went to a fantastic prehistoric-themed light show with two other couples in our friendship group. It's only the fourth time I've seen my best friend (of 27 years!) and her fiancé in 2022. Fantastic evening. There were animatronic dinosaurs! 🦕
    20221104_204758.jpeg
  • Saturday, Halloween karaoke! Our friends had various plans over Halloween weekend, so we left our spooky celebrations until Guy Fawkes instead. I couldn't afford a costume so worked with what I had to go for a vampire look. 🧛‍♂️
    Hidden the other person's face for privacy reasons, but she's my better half.
    WhatsApp Image 2022-11-06 at 10.39.51.jpeg
  • Sunday was lunch with the in-laws. They don't live nearby so it is an irregular occurrence. It was fantastic catching up with them. I also stopped by GAME on the way and picked-up a copy of Harvestella on Nintendo Switch. I've been wanting this game since it was announced and I happen to have some money coming in next week. It's not a lot, but being able to treat myself to a game at launch is a luxury I've not had in a couple of years.
  • Today - I finally had a day off from everything! I had a lie in until 11am—first time in a long while given The Master of Disguise / The Spirit Tree round start/end times 😂 —then used a voucher to get myself a meatball marinara sub for lunch and lazed around all afternoon alternating between catching up on TV and playing Harvestella. My partner is going to be home from the gym in an hour and she's bringing home onion ring suppers. 🤤 Then our plan for the evening is a quiet night at home with wine and a movie before I flit off elsewhere for a few days.

Nothing really exciting happened today. Just your typical Monday. It wasn't good but wasn't bad either, it just was.

However, @Foreverfox , the Dallas Mavericks are about to take on the Brooklyn Nets... in Dallas! We should be able to smash them considering they're without Kyrie and it's in our home court. We'll see though... 🏀 🔥 😤

Some merch sets I pre-ordered earlier this year arrived safely today!! Got some really nice acrylic stands and some really sweet message cards too. ;v; Also some little wooden boxes with fake flowers that I'll figure out something to do with at some point ahahah.
I tidied up my desk! I do best when my space is uncluttered, and it was about time for another clean-up. And while I don't usually like to keep merch on my desk, one of the things I got today was too cute to pass up on. Bearsace's gonna be my work buddy from here out.
Bearsace.jpg

(Had to lay it down to get a decent pic, but it normally stands upright!)
Played Pokémon Platinum some more, and managed to catch a Weezing (despite Buck)! Also caught a Beldum and Cresselia... albeit at great cost to my Pokéballs. ^^;
My family and I are almost caught up with GoodTimesWithScar's videos again!
Got ahold of some official art in better quality that I'd been searching for!

Not very eventful, but I’m really happy about the first point. I thought I was going to have phone issues, lol. Still, I have never cracked my screen, so my good track record with phones remains.

I found a magnetic phone charger. My phone’s charging port has debris in it or something, and it won’t charge. I’m glad I have a solution now. It was way cheaper than getting it fixed.
I played a round of Mario Party Superstars with my favorite person last night. I also helped her with evolving a few Pokémon, and we battled afterwards.
I hand washed my drawstring bag and it came out clean. It’s not machine washable. I’ve never washed something by hand before, so I’m just happy it came out clean.

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept pretty well last night.
- My first day back at work after my week off was okay. Not great, but I'll take okay.
- The weather was so nice and warm today. I'm sad that it's going to get quite chilly starting tomorrow.
- I saw some cute squirrels on our walk this afternoon. I also saw Ms. Potter, the rabbit, in my yard last night.
- I didn't get stressed today and just took everything in stride.
- The Baltimore Ravens won tonight so my husband is happy! 💜🖤

Nothing really exciting happened today. Just your typical Monday. It wasn't good but wasn't bad either, it just was.

However, @Foreverfox , the Dallas Mavericks are about to take on the Brooklyn Nets... in Dallas! We should be able to smash them considering they're without Kyrie and it's in our home court. We'll see though... 🏀 🔥 😤

I fell asleep before it happened, but the Mavs won 96-94, and Luka Doncic extended his 30-point game streak to nine! 😤

Back