• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

Man, it's been a while since I posted in this thread. It's just that I haven't really been on TBT very often for over a week now with what's going on in my life. The stomach flu that's been annoying me for a week now definitely didn't help with that. I'll just put in the main highlights that have happened since then, provided I can remember them whoops.

November 20, 2022 - December 1, 2022
  • I went to Ikea with my family. The main highlight for me was eating breakfast there and some hotdogs eventually. The furniture is nice, but deep down, I mainly go to Ikea for their food lol.
  • I watched the 2022 Formula 1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix! It was the last race of the season and admittedly, not a lot happened lol. However, it was also Sebastian Vettel's last race before retiring, but I'm glad he finished in the top 10 as a nice send-off and did a couple of doughnuts after the checkered flag.
  • I bought a Hotwheels toy! The turquoise colour scheme really stood out to me since the other cars in my collection don't have that colour.
  • An update for Gran Turismo 7 came out and the main highlight is that they added a new track to the game (and also new to the series entirely)! It's Road Atlanta and I immediately come to like it a lot due to sharp elevation changes on some areas and corners where you don't see them until the last moment. In fact, I ended up doing a few dozen laps with various cars because I really had fun setting a clean lap time. Since this track is totally new to me, I may or may not have deleted myself into the grass a few times lol.
It may not look like it from this camera view, but it's actually a blind corner meaning I basically had to start slowing down before I even see it due to being located just after the peak of the hill. Can you guess what car I'm driving here?
Gran Turismo® 7_20221124081430.jpg

Here's what it looks like from first person view from one corner earlier. You don't see it at all and this is roughly where I start slowing down. However, it's very satisfying when I manage to get it right!
Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __2.jpeg

And this photo showcases my favourite corners of the entire circuit!
Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __4.jpeg

Trust me, I don't understand it either. I went off track for a bit but then I hit the curb (or kerb) at a certain angle and the car decided to go into the air in ways that doesn't make sense. 😅
Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __1.jpeg
  • I continued to get some assignments done for college. It's always nice to get some weight off of my shoulders.
  • I ate at a restaurant with my family! Unfortunately, my appetite wasn't that great because of my stomach flu, but I made the most of it and had some leftovers.
December 2, 2022
  • Speaking of which, I'm starting to feel better and slowly regaining my appetite. It's also nice not having to go to the washroom frequently because it sucks having to be interrupted by it.
  • I felt energized despite not getting too much sleep last night. I'll absolutely take it, though!
  • I completed more assignments, including the final one for one of my classes!
  • It's been like this for a couple of days now, but my sister and I started watching episodes of Sailor Moon! My library had the dvds for the first 23 episodes, so I rented them and then just sit back to enjoy. I rarely watch anime, so it's an interesting experience watching a few episodes in Japanese lol (there's also an option for English dub with subtitles of course). Thank goodness my PS4 can read DVDs or else I'm screwed lol. On a side note, I really appreciate getting some bonding time with my sister and just laughing at the funny moments whenever they occur. My interest in the show went up ever since making that drawing I made a little while back. And I have the Japanese intro theme stuck in my head now haha.
  • I ate some mocha cake! I really haven't had those in a long time and was just savouring the taste. 😋

It was meh, wasn’t amazing but wasn’t awful. Things could have been better but it could have been worse. So I can’t really complain much, the main problem was feeling anxious and getting a neck ache that turned into a headache. But I was able to take it easy today, have fun on some games, fix a lag problem with someone else’s computer (nice bonus ☺️) and know that my family had a really good day, which makes me happy for them. Now I get to relax and enjoy time on the forums.

On Acnh- I finished Privet Drive! I worked a bit on the Ministry of magic ( almost finished). I started working on the Kings cross Station/platform 9 3/4 and it’s almost finished 😁
I have started working on Diagon Alley ( still working on it ) 🪄🚧

We are going to put up the Christmas tree & the Christmas decorations today! 🎄

Last edited:
Today I'm happy because:

- I slept very deeply last night and got to sleep in this morning.
- The rain from last night/this morning stopped around noon and the sun came out in time for our walk.
- I had a relaxing day at home with my husband and my dog.
- My dog snuggled with me on the couch.
- I watched some anime and other shows.
- Tomorrow should be another relaxing day.

Watched an episode each of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Fairy Tail with my family this morning!
Got to spend some more time gaming today and progressed a little further in Pokémon Platinum!
Roses restocked in the Shop!! I already have all the red and white ones I want for now, but I made sure to snag one of the yellow ones since I'm hoping to get five eventually. 💛
Finished up a few more rubber band bracelets and finally filled up a small bag of them! They're going to be prizes for my dad's students, so I hope they'll like them. ^^
We got to see fWhip's latest Empires SMP episode this evening over dinner too!

bit of a rough day for me today, but it wasn’t all bad! hope you’re all doing well and having a good weekend so far! ☺️

𓆩♡𓆪 used the snowflake projection light my mom got the other day for the first time, and bonk was very fascinated by it. <3
she kept looking at the snowflakes and trying to reach them with her paws. 🥺
B00B4774-3F35-482E-A887-B0B307A99DA9.jpeg

sorry for the awful lighting and quality lol.
𓆩♡𓆪 watched the new babylon trailer! i love margot robbie so, so much, and this movie looks like it’s gonna be great! i can’t wait to see it!
𓆩♡𓆪 discovered a very silly looking bottle of coca cola. 👀🖤
she loved laying on top of it when the pack was still full, but now she’s taken to sitting inside of it now that it’s nearly empty. 😭 she’s so silly...
E5680090-1335-4B8E-B1F1-AC6F74A3803C.jpeg
𓆩♡𓆪 read a new fanfic that i enjoyed.
𓆩♡𓆪 the baby... again lol. 🖤
taken shortly before i started brushing her. she enjoyed it for a few minutes, but then decided to be vicious and start kicking + biting the brush. 🤣
7792AA79-30ED-418C-A5B4-5623B30F5B33.jpeg
𓆩♡𓆪 my mom picked me up something i needed at the store while she was out.
𓆩♡𓆪 did some self-care.
𓆩♡𓆪 tidied up my room, and threw out some garbage.
𓆩♡𓆪 my mom sent me some more cute graphics she found!
𓆩♡𓆪 played with bonk for a bit before bed, and we both had fun. now going to end my night with some new horizons!

Last edited:
This past Friday, I forced myself to get out of the house and meet new people by driving to my college campus and visiting an old art club for their final meeting of the semester. Keep in mind that I haven't visited my college campus for over a decade and that quite possibly, some of the members of the club were born the year I started college.
Despite being twice their age, everyone was very welcoming and the club officers appreciated the old art books I brought and we all geeked out over the new art projects and zines they were working on. We even played some Christmas and Anime trivia and had some good laughs. It's nice to reconnect with people who share my hobbies and inspiring to see how much talent is blossoming from a new generation. I also took a nice night stroll around some of my old haunts on campus and relived some sweet nostalgic memories.

I'm also so happy to have finished my part in the annual Secret Santa Art Exchange. If you never visit the Museum forum, swing by around Christmas and prepare to be amazed by all the awesome art flying around between members.

My family and I saw the latest One Piece and Spy x Family episodes this morning, and both were really really good! 😭 We also watched a little bit of Youtube later!
Our Christmas tree is up! It still needs to be decorated, but now we're free to work on that whenever we get the time. ^^
I got another desktop wallpaper!
Started working on some art for myself—outside of TBT events, I haven't really drawn anything just for fun/my own sake in... a while ahahaha. ;v; I'm hoping to get back into doing this at least a little more often though!
Also played Pokémon Platinum and hatched a few eggs!

I'm going to begin with the bad: I'm incredibly stressed right now because it's finals and it feels like my life is falling apart. Does it feel like this every time? I can't remember. I feel so, so, so stressed out right now (too stressed to find a synonym for "stressed"). It feels like so much is dependent on my final exam scores. I don't want my whole semester of working hard to have been for nothing. I really gave it my all, and I want my grades to reflect that 😭 The finals are all coming up at once and I don't know how to appropriately distribute my time. I need to make a plan!!!

Now, on to the good:

🦠 Finished making one set of biology flashcards, and feel more secure in the material.

🥪 Got myself a delicious takeout sandwich.

💻 Had a funny conversation with a friend, and was able to help her Zoom into a study session today.

🧭 I always get lost in this one building, so I asked another friend for help navigating, and she sent me super detailed directions. It was really sweet.

🏈 Watched a football game with my partner, and their team won!!! It's so weird to see the "sports" side of normally calm people; it makes me laugh. We had a bit of a tiff earlier in the day but they made an effort to resolve it and I truly appreciate them for that.

🥚 Called my dad, who offered me an egg some comfort in these trying times. Mostly by being realistic with me, which I needed.

📺 Watched an episode of One Punch Man with my partner, and they loved it. Woo!!

🎮 Edit to add another and very wonderful thing. I have been shrieking to my partner about how the villager dialogue in older games was so much more brutal, and they mentioned wanting to play those games and experience it themselves. I wondered aloud how we could get our paws on an emulator for Population Growing. Turns out they actually have a GameCube!!! We immediately split the costs of a used copy of PG. I'm so so so excited! It's the only AC game I have never played!!! okay end rant lol, they're amazing periodt

💫 In my heart I know that I will be able to do this. And of course, I can't forget you, dear reader. Good luck with all of your endeavors today and tomorrow!!!

Last edited:
Aw man, the weekend is already wrapped up. Thankfully, a few good things to note!

December 3, 2022 - December 4, 2022
  • I felt pretty energetic this weekend and not tired!
  • The weather has been pretty decent with sunny skies with some clouds here and there.
  • I got a bit of exercise.
  • Feel free to skip this point. I know I have mentioned the name a few times, but I saw a Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4 as I was driving out of the parking lot! Other Huracan models I've seen were either a convertible, a different model trim, or modded in some way. You could say that the one I saw at this moment was the vanilla version lol. What's really nice is that this is the 180th car on my identified cars list! 😲 Apparently, I somehow left out one car and added it back in bumping up the count. Funny how I spotted a station wagon prior to this lol.
  • Got to play Gran Turismo 7 and messed around with a setup that caused the car I was driving to be heavily prone to rolling over. In fact, I could do a few wheelies if the conditions are right which got me laughing.
  • My sister and I continued to watch more episodes of Sailor Moon. We're past episode 14 at the time of this post! Also, there was a moment when a car zoomed through in the background for a moment which caught my eye, and was familiar with the design.
Car.PNG

It's partially blocked by Usagi (aka Sailor Moon), but I can tell that the car shown here is supposed to be a Honda Beat! The design of the wheel arches, headlights, and the fact that it's a convertible give it away. Obviously, it's gonna look slightly different compared to the real thing.

And here's what it actually looks like if you ignore the gray parts around the wheel arches. I put on the widebody modification for this one lol. Much like the Suzuki Cappuccino, this Honda is also a small kei car! Wow, I never thought that I'd find a car in a show like Sailor Moon to vaguely represent a real one, and it's a pleasant surprise. 😊 If I ever see this Honda Beat in real life, words can't describe how happy I'd be.
Stawamus Chief Provincial Park_.jpeg

Today I'm happy because:

- I had another night of good rest and got to sleep in this morning.
- The Minnesota Vikings beat the Jets in a close game! 💜💛
- My husband's team, the Baltimore Ravens, won their game. 💜🖤
- I should receive another of my husband's Christmas presents tomorrow.
- I watched the latest episode of Spy x Family and got all caught up on To Your Eternity.
- We are finally ordering a Brita system so we can stop buying bottled water. Everything added up to be a bit expensive, but hopefully it will work well and be worth the money in the long run.

i hope you all have a great week!

𓆩♡𓆪 read a few new fanfics that i enjoyed. one of them is a new favourite of mine; it was so well-written and lovely! <3
𓆩♡𓆪 she. 🖤
bonk isn’t a huge fan of my dad’s bed, but today she laid on it with him for about 15-20 minutes! he sent me this pic. look how pretty her eyes are. 🥺
DA044E3D-0D06-4675-801C-7FFDC00DAEFE.jpeg
𓆩♡𓆪 came up with some more christmas lineup ideas! there’s so many christmas aesthetics i want to do, and not enough time. 😩
𓆩♡𓆪 watched smile with my mom. she was kinda hesitant to watch it since she thought it’d freak her out, but it actually wasn’t all that scary. mainly just creepy and gruesome haha. we’ve definitely seen better movies, but i’m still happy we watched it and i got to spend some time with her. c’:
𓆩♡𓆪 got some more cans of my favourite peach iced tea.
𓆩♡𓆪 did some self-care.

I'm going to begin with the bad: I'm incredibly stressed right now because it's finals and it feels like my life is falling apart. Does it feel like this every time? I can't remember. I feel so, so, so stressed out right now (too stressed to find a synonym for "stressed"). It feels like so much is dependent on my final exam scores. I don't want my whole semester of working hard to have been for nothing. I really gave it my all, and I want my grades to reflect that 😭 The finals are all coming up at once and I don't know how to appropriately distribute my time. I need to make a plan!!!
oh, man... finals are brutal. it feels like my life is falling apart every time finals and exams season is upon us, too, so you’re definitely not alone in that haha. i know it’s stressful, but i promise you’re gonna do just fine. you’re giving it your all and you’re studying, and that’s the best you can do. you’re clearly working so hard, i’m sure your grades will reflect that. try not to stress too much (i know easier said than done haha); finals will be over before you know it, and you’re gonna do great. ♥️ good luck!

I finally had my birthday celebration today. Only one person came because a lot of people canceled last minute (and now I'm questioning the validity of my friendships... lol) but it was fun anyway.
i’m sorry people cancelled on you last minute, that sucks. 😕 i’m so glad you were able to have fun anyways, though. it’s never fun having to question your friendships, but at least you know you have one friend who’ll show up for you. sometimes one friend is better, and truer, than several.

I'm training another person in my job, so we'll be at full strength soon (and people can take time off). He's picking up on it very fast, which is nice.

I got a commission for a winter hat. I'm basically being given free rein on the pattern. The only request was on the color (blue).

this was technically yesterday but carried over to today as well.

I was texting my best friend who is currently overseas and gosh I miss him so much. but we texted alot and he feels the same. tbh idk what to say besides that but yeah, I'm really happy I have him in my life because he is so caring and genuine I literally don't know how I ended up with such a good person when I'm not much of one myself. I treasure our friendship and him so much I can't wait to see him after summer break. 😁

Back