• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

Today has been a great day! 😁

- Got plenty of sleep and the sun is shining outside today. ☀️

- Work has gone well and my boss said that I've been doing really well. 📊

- I've been trying to shiny hunt in Pokemon Scarlet now that I've finished the game. Currently shiny hunting for Dratini. 🤩

- My partner has been really sweet lately and we've taken turns supporting each other. 💚

- I got a milkshake with my lunch. 😋

I feel SO proud of myself!! I got started around an hour ago on my FAT math homework stack and am already almost done! I have already finished 5 pages! My friend told me to listen to music while doing it, I thought it would distract me but instead I AM SUPER FOCUSED AND HAVING FUN!! YAY IM FINISHING THIS NOWWWW YAYYYYYY 💚💚💚💚🖊🖋✏📝

I went to this one place that is like a really big Christmas themed shop. I do it once every year. It's just cool seeing the rustic set-up and all of the different hand-made Christmas decorations and ornaments. I always pick up something small whenever I go.

I got a little drummer mouse. Can't find it online, but here is the fifer
s-l300.jpg
oooh what a pretty photo! i’ve always wanted to go to disney world, especially during holiday season - it just seems so magical! i hope you had a great time! 🖤
Sorry for the late reply, I didn't see that you commented! It was a lot of fun. I did a lot of stuff, but don't want to bore anyone with the details too much. There was a lot of fun rides, fancy restaurants to try (there was even a place selling green eggs and ham in the Seuss Land and I just had to get it, cause who wouldn't?) and fun shows.

Oh by the way, your kitty is lovely!

Today was rough but there is something that I am happy about. My mom ordered my cats this scratching post for my cats that I wanted & one custom stamp; she said if this one turns out good that I can later get more of my other cats on my birthday or something :). I’ll be getting it of my late cat mel, who passed away early February. It was really difficult looking through her pictures and my kittens came running out looking for her when I was watching an old video of her meowing 💔💔💔.

Just recently my mom pre-ordered my first Zine for part of my Christmas present (it won’t be shipped until April); two of my favorite artists are contributing to it- Robaco & Aimaru — it is a Hubert x Byleth Zine 🙂. I’m so excited about it! I’ve been waiting since last may for this 🙂.

Lately I’ve been really interested in Zines. I’m so blown away by the art & merchandise, not to mention the thought and creativity of all the contributors 🙂. I’ve found some really cool One Piece zines but they were all sold out; I’m trying to ask around about a zine tracker for One Piece since I have no idea how to find out about them & other fandom zines. No luck finding one yet; so far the One Piece ones were super pricey (more than triple the price or more than the complete bundle for the Fire Emblem Zine 😱)

My kittens make me so happy 🥰. Today has been rough and for the first time in a long time Spanky came to cuddle with me for about maybe a minute 🙂.
0D129134-41DD-40C5-9AD5-A4F5D9AB6E19.jpeg
2AC7E260-95B8-4878-BCDB-06CB52BD6734.jpeg
60BA2ED8-B8CB-4779-A867-9E14F55CECE9.jpeg

Today I went to get my fifth shot of Covid vaccine, there was a Best Buy close to the vaccination site so I bought myself 2 packs of Amiibo cards series 5 expecting to get Shino at last, but no... :rolleyes: However...I got NIKO! Wilbur and Marlo that I wanted very much! Plus Reneigh I didn't have yet. So I'm happy 😻

Another of the merch sets I ordered with my birthday money got here safely today!! ;v; I feel like I got a really good deal for the amount of merch I got, even not counting a couple duplicates that were included. One of the buttons is also the first one I've gotten that has a matte instead of glossy finish, and it looks really good! I'd love to find more like it.
Watched a few Youtube videos with my family!
I've entered a giveaway for a game I'm interested in!! I know I probably won't win and will just wind up buying the game myself afterwards, but it's still exciting to take part in ahahaha 😂
Made some more progress in Pokémon Platinum this evening!

Today I'm happy because:

- I recorded a training session at work and it went pretty well. I was nervous but got through it.
- I got a few more things done at work and feel like I'm making progress.
- It stopped raining this afternoon and wasn't even too cold out for a while.
- I got to leave work early and had a good massage therapy session.
- My dog was very good and didn't bark when I got home.
- I had a chocolate milkshake for dessert.
- I got confirmation that two of the Christmas presents I bought for my husband have shipped and should arrive Friday.

🐈‍⬛ Had somewhat of a success with the stray cat near the bus stop. It nibbled at some of the food I offered it, but not much. I'll have to just find some chicken or something. If anyone knows any human food that doubles as a good cat snack, let me know!

🥪 My friend had her car today and drove us around campus, including to a sandwich place we don't usually go to :O Sending her good vibes through the ether. She's been one of the highlights of my semester.

💻 💉 ☎️ Got a bunch of chores out of the way -- success! A meeting with a mentor, my flu shot, and a phone call with an old friend.

📚 Made some progress on studying. * insert obligatory "but not as much as I wanted!!!" *

♥️ Laughed a lot with my partner. They're the best.

🌳 I think this is my 100th post on TBT! So thanks to everyone for being lovely individuals that make this website the cozy internet haven that it is. Wishing you, dear reader, a good morning, afternoon, or evening, wherever you are. ✨

I have the card all signed and ready to give to my favorite person. She’s gonna kill me for buying her another present, but it’s just chocolate and she likes this flavor. Mario Party Superstars was her early present so we could play together. She really wanted to but couldn’t afford it at the time.
*crossed out the other signatures for privacy*
68271BF5-269A-471F-8495-D8C8619078ED.jpeg

4CCA21FE-34C8-4CA6-B1C6-EC55DED84EB6.jpeg
We are surprising her with a banana cake as well on Saturday which is her actual birthday. She’s getting the card tomorrow since I have weekends off, but I’m hoping she’ll save me a slice of that cake, haha. Another coworker is baking the cake since I can’t bake. I don’t wanna poison her with my terrible cooking, lol.
A customer left a huge box outside for the drive-thru person. It was a gift for the holidays. I saw it when I was taking out trash. It was a printer. He left a heartfelt card as well. I’m not sure if she needed one, but it was a nice gesture and it made me really happy.
My hat is supposedly arriving in the mail tomorrow. It took a while, but I’m happy to finally have an update. I was getting worried and thought it hadn’t been shipped yet.

Today was rough, but I'm just glad I don't have many deadlines today, and I finished a really important task earlier.
I really like this thread because I feel encouraged to be grateful for something everyday and not just focus on the negative (which I do often).

-My Spotify Wrapped reminded me of really good songs I forgot all about. It was nice to listen to them again after a while. It also reminded me of how I listen to music too much (40,899 minutes 😭)
-My best friend drew me some art today <3
-I studied for some big exams coming up next week. Really not looking forward to them.
-My Old Navy order came in today. I got 2 shirts, 2 pairs of jeans, and some pajamas for my grandmother's Christmas get-together.
-My friends were all really sweet today. They're the best people I've ever known. 🖤

Not much happened today. Maybe tomorrow will be more interesting. 😅

𓆩♡𓆪 read 5 new fanfics that i enjoyed.
𓆩♡𓆪 woke up for school this morning, only to find out that classes were asynchronous today. 💀 not mad about it, though; i’m grateful that i had the day to myself to chill!
𓆩♡𓆪 finished my christmas avatar! i’m not 100% in love with how it turned out, but it definitely could be worse! i’ll probably end up changing my avatar to something else after a week or 2, but it’s cute. i’m excited to share it with you guys tomorrow! ☺️
𓆩♡𓆪 did some self-care.

hope you’re all doing well! can’t believe it’s almost december already! :’o

Oh by the way, your kitty is lovely!
she says thank you. 🖤 and no worries about the late reply! i’m so glad you had fun! definitely gotta go there someday for the green eggs and ham — i’m intrigued haha.

DC5201DB-392B-4A64-97A1-8853AEA674A8.jpeg

🌳 I think this is my 100th post on TBT! So thanks to everyone for being lovely individuals that make this website the cozy internet haven that it is. Wishing you, dear reader, a good morning, afternoon, or evening, wherever you are. ✨
congrats on 100 posts! i’ve really enjoyed seeing you around the forums and reading your posts. 💚 and as for the stray kitty, lean meats such as beef, chicken, turkey, liver, lamb etc could entice them. you just have to make sure it’s thoroughly cooked and there’s no skin or bones before giving to them. ^^

I really like this thread because I feel encouraged to be grateful for something everyday and not just focus on the negative (which I do often).
same for me. :’) i have a tendency to focus on the negatives a lot (esp this past year), but making note of everything that makes me happy every day (even small things) helps. plus i always enjoy reading what others are happy about as well. i hope you have a better day tomorrow. <3

❁Finally booked my lodging for my Korea trip next March! I kept putting it off (just like I did with the airplane ticket) so some of my options ran out and the price went up a bit but I think I got a good option that's in Hongdae. I have a list of essential things to prepare and now that I have an address of where I'll stay I can fill out the K-ETA application.
❁Going out tonight after work with two people I'm setting up! They live on opposite sides of me so they're coming to the area I live in which is nice. (my work also ends late)
❁I saw two movies yesterday that I enjoyed, Julie and Julia and Suzume no Tojimari.
❁It's December so I finally feel ready to fully accept Christmas! I got to start my advent calendar this morning, later I'll dig up my stocking. Might buy something new this year too.
❁Finally found a good black jumper-dress and bought it yesterday. I've wanted one for a long time but I always wait to find something just right before purchasing it. I can mix and match it with a lot of my sweaters so it's very convenient and in-fashion.
trim_ofcrs_OPULBW0887_pz_202009100941520339.jpg

• I decorated the bulletin boards in my apartment building today. I forgot to take a picture of the first one but here are pics of the other two, and a pic of the Christmas tree in my apartment lobby, the tree is so gorgeous!
  • I bought a fitbit Inspire 2 and it should be delivered by tomorrow, super excited because last time I had a fitbit I was super motivated to get physical activity in, something about being able to see the steps on my wrist throughout the day just really makes me motivated and competitive with myself to push myself and keep moving
  • Also getting some new art supplies so I'm very excited about that as well :)

Attachments

• bulletin.jpg
    bulletin.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 5
  • bulletin2.jpg
    bulletin2.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 5
  • christmastree.jpg
    christmastree.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 6
My favorite person loved the birthday card and the chocolate. We are also playing Pokémon when she gets off work tonight. She said she was gonna keep the card forever ahhh, I love this girl.
My new hat did arrive in the mail today. Now let’s see if I can somehow curve the brim because I can’t pull off flat bills. The color was just too nice to pass up.
EFECADBE-20B9-4D76-94F4-59AF053E3677.jpeg
My hair dye finally went on sale again, so I stocked up. I also picked up some candy cane chapstick at the store. It’s finally back for the holidays and it’s the best flavor, so I had to pick some up.
Thanks to Spotify Wrapped, I rediscovered a bunch of old songs I liked that I somehow forgot about.

congrats on 100 posts! i’ve really enjoyed seeing you around the forums and reading your posts. 💚 and as for the stray kitty, lean meats such as beef, chicken, turkey, liver, lamb etc could entice them. you just have to make sure it’s thoroughly cooked and there’s no skin or bones before giving to them. ^^

Ahhh, thank you so much, Xara! ♥️ I've also appreciated your kindness and positivity on these forums, so it's really sweet to hear this from you. Also, I love seeing pictures of your cat, so please keep posting them. 🐱 I think I'll try to finagle some chicken for the stray kitty and hope that I see the little guy again, thanks for the advice!

i have a tendency to focus on the negatives a lot (esp this past year), but making note of everything that makes me happy every day (even small things) helps. plus i always enjoy reading what others are happy about as well. i hope you have a better day tomorrow. <3
Awe, thank you! ❤️ I hope the rest of this year and the coming years have happy things in store for you :D
Post automatically merged:

Happy because I got some time to myself today. And not as busy as I thought I'd be!

Back