• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

Been awhile since I've posted in here, just been super busy, but things are going well :)

Here's some good things over the past couple weeks:
  • I got my Christmas shopping done, got my sister a handmade leather journal from an independent bookstore near me, and this cute little snowglobefrom the same place, pictures attached (the pages are made from linen), also got my neice a necklace from the official merch store of her favorite band, and got my friends a couple things. Still need to get two boxes of chocolates, one for my sister and one for my niece then I'll be completely done. Oh yeah I also got the cats new toys and a new big scratching post from Chewy for their presents, can't forget them :)
  • I got a fitbit Inspire 2 recently and it has really motivated me to up my physical activity, the past three days I got around 10,000 steps each day when before I got a fitbit I was most likely only getting around 1,000 or 2,000, sometimes a lot less.
  • Went to an hour and 15 minute long yoga class today and managed to stay the whole time, it wasn't easy for me but I am proud of myself for pushing through and completing it
  • It's been gloomy the past two day, I enjoy gloomy days
  • Almost finished with season 2 of Digimon, loving this anime so much

Attachments

• journal.jpg
    journal.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • journal 2.jpg
    journal 2.jpg
    684.7 KB · Views: 6
  • snowglobe.jpg
    snowglobe.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Been awhile since I've posted in here, just been super busy, but things are going well :)

Here's some good things over the past couple weeks:
  • I got my Christmas shopping done, got my sister a handmade leather journal from an independent bookstore near me, and this cute little snowglobefrom the same place, pictures attached (the pages are made from linen), also got my neice a necklace from the official merch store of her favorite band, and got my friends a couple things. Still need to get two boxes of chocolates, one for my sister and one for my niece then I'll be completely done. Oh yeah I also got the cats new toys and a new big scratching post from Chewy for their presents, can't forget them :)
  • I got a fitbit Inspire 2 recently and it has really motivated me to up my physical activity, the past three days I got around 10,000 steps each day when before I got a fitbit I was most likely only getting around 1,000 or 2,000, sometimes a lot less.
  • Went to an hour and 15 minute long yoga class today and managed to stay the whole time, it wasn't easy for me but I am proud of myself for pushing through and completing it
  • It's been gloomy the past two day, I enjoy gloomy days
  • Almost finished with season 2 of Digimon, loving this anime so much
Those gifts are so thoughtful and lovely! The journal is stunning! 😊

𓆩♡𓆪 went to school, had an okay day. i was actually able to stay awake during class despite how tired and sleep-deprived i was. 😅
𓆩♡𓆪 created a new journal for my new horizons island! i’ve been wanting to for a while now, and finally did it now that i’m back to playing regularly again. hopefully i can keep this one interesting and pleasing to look at haha.
𓆩♡𓆪 speaking of new horizons, i bought the last 4 diys i was missing from the lovely @/Liz! i made it a goal to try and get all the 2.0 diys/recipes myself, but i was beginning to doubt that those 4 actually existed LOL, so i said screw it. i did get the majority of them myself though, so i’m still proud of myself!
𓆩♡𓆪 today was my first day walking without my walking boot in 6 weeks! it went a lot better than i expected! i didn’t experience any pain, my balance wasn’t too bad, and i’m taking actual steps instead of practically dragging my foot behind me lol. first day was a success. ☺️
𓆩♡𓆪 took some very funny photos of bonk. 🖤
my mom was bullying her, and bonk was having none of that LOL.
EE720A60-6C14-4FBF-93E8-D23EF9E48581.jpeg
1B5DF0FE-C4BC-4C5A-9E76-C43BF25B2E04.jpeg
500D9988-429C-43E9-850D-9F9CF4C6A789.jpeg
78FF5EC9-9856-4B80-96E9-132398DE4939.jpeg
235302C6-FBCF-4F06-B62A-21210542CB72.jpeg
12CCAB44-6483-45B4-BE08-57CA4914C437.jpeg

and then she was nice again
EC1B02B5-9EA4-4E37-A75D-D9E5F7A97814.jpeg

and then i enraged her again 🤣
5A5AC3AC-A7A0-46A3-A1A1-DDCCF0227C5E.jpeg
89D8B804-363E-48A5-AC8A-831C97D1FE82.jpeg
𓆩♡𓆪 helped my mom clean and decorate the living room. we mostly cleaned and set up her new tv, but we did some decorating for my grandmother’s late cat, pai.
pai loved christmas trees, and every year when we’d put ours up, she’d be underneath it immediately. she’d be under it practically 24/7 from the moment it was put up, to the moment it was taken down lol. so when she passed, my grandma got her a mini fake christmas tree to put with her urn, along with her favourite ornament (the snowman). my mom wrapped some of the lights she bought around the tree to make it look more festive.
EFF1F2BE-E448-4C90-8B1D-7CB9A1011AC1.jpeg
𓆩♡𓆪 received some more lights from dear friends, and sent some more out. 💗 i’ve really been enjoying sending lights this year, and i’m so happy and thankful that people have been kind enough to send some to me as well. 🥺
𓆩♡𓆪 did some self-care.
𓆩♡𓆪 have my first one-on-one counselling session tomorrow! i’m very nervous, but i’m also relieved and thankful to finally be receiving some help. ^^

I just found out my travel blanket that I have can transform into a pillow. I didn’t know about that feature but it’s interesting! I’m sure that’ll be useful, although I’d 100% rather have a blanket than a pillow if I had to choose. The pillow is a soft fabric as well, so it’s a nice touch!
I found out today that nobody actually saved me a piece of that ice cream cake, lol. What happened was one of my friends saved me her piece because she didn’t like cake. That actually means a lot more than someone setting a slice aside.
It’s nice to know someone was thinking of me.
Nobody knew aside from the friend knew about the cake being set aside for me, so we all thought there wasn’t any left. My dad said to my favorite person I’d be upset there wasn’t any left, and she responded in very snarky tone “Just blame (the friend’s name), that way they won’t be mad.” Sounded a little jealous, considering she knows I sort of like the friend, but I personally find it endearing to say the least.
I get to see my favorite person tomorrow, and we may play Pokémon together. I got her the last three Pokémon she needs for her Pokédex so she can complete it. I’m happy we accomplished it once again, even if I only helped with a few. May get a round of Mario Party in if she isn’t too tired, as well.
I received a tip today from a customer. It’s a rare occasion considering I am not a server, so I was happy. The guy was nice, and I talked to him for a bit while he was waiting for his food.

Today I'm happy because:

- My work day was so much more relaxed today. I had very few meetings and had time to clean up my inbox.
- Unfortunately, my massage therapist had to cancel my appointment today, but the silver lining is that I didn't have to go out today.
- The weather was relatively warm and it was only drizzling during our afternoon walk.
- Nothing majorly stressful happened today.
- My dog cuddled with me on the couch this evening.
- I spent some quality time with my husband.
- I opened a bag of Candy Cane Hershey Kisses and ate a few. I love those things!
- I sent and received some more Christmas Lights collectibles.
- I ordered a Christmas present for my oldest nephew and started looking at ideas for the younger kids.

Last edited:
Quick happies for the gang:

☕🍁 Had a delicious maple latte today.

🦠 Finished making flashcards for my final biology exam topic.

📚 My partner stayed up late to help me study for my exam tomorrow.

👗 My friend helped me pick out dresses for a holiday party, and then I helped her try on some of hers!

😵 One day closer to the end of finals.

🌳💫 The Bell Tree has become a cozy lil haven that makes me feel better when I visit at the end of the day, and that's in no small part thanks to everyone on this thread. You guys are truly wonderful. I hope you're having a brilliant day!

hard to truly be happy these days but I do have a few things I'm happy about:
- I'm grateful to have a friend like @/Shellzilla_515, always there to listen to the stupid stuff I talk endlessly abt every day 😭
- I've started my secret santa art and I'm already really happy with how its turning out!
- grateful that I can drive my car again 🙏
- this weekend I'm gonna work with my internship again, hoping to maybe hint at performing w them sometime lol
- so so grateful for the people who genuinely love and respect me for who I am. they're all absolutely priceless and idk how I would get by without people like them 💞

Played Pokémon Legends: Arceus again today! I got some decent research progress in, finally obtained all the Rotom forms, and recovered a lot of player satchels.
Watched SmallishBeans' new video with my family this evening! I'm really excited for this second half of the collab; can't wait for some of the other Empires folks we watch to post too. Also watched more Youtube with my mom later!
Received more lovely Christmas Lights from more lovely people! ;v;
I got a little bit of reading time in!
My dad told me that the bracelets I've made are pretty popular with his students! I'm really glad they like them. ^^

• I graduated university yesterday - for the third and final time. 🖤
  • All photos taken at the event have other people in them, so instead I'll just share a mirror selfie I took beforehand:
    • 20221207_061545.jpeg
  • I had an extra ticket because I only took my partner with me. A few minutes before we were to be seated I was able to give the extra to someone whose grandmother was going to have to watch the livestream in the overflow building.
  • My partner and I skipped the course afterparty to go out for steak and red wine. While there we ended up running into that person's mother and grandmother who came over to ask if I was the person their daughter got the ticket from. They were very appreciative. I'm glad I was able to do that for them.
  • Then last night we went to see my current favourite singer, Nathan Evans, live! It was such a fantastic experience. His voice is incredible and we were very close to the front. My partner wasn't familiar with his music but she was really glad she came with me.

- I finished my essay last night! It's completely ready to upload, which I'm pleased about. It means I only have one left to write up...

- proud of myself for going into uni today since it would have been easy to skip (i had an early class, i only got 3 hours of sleep, and it's absolutely freezing outside right now, -4 celcius in the mornings). I wanted to keep my attendance high and show up for the last day of my thursday class though! 😤

- had a bath and a long nap after i came home

Today I'm happy because:

- I had another calm, productive day at work.
- Even though it was a dreary rainy day, I found it kind of peaceful since I didn't have to go out in it.
- I fixed another mug of vanilla chai tea and watched the rain through the window during my meetings.
- I rescued a couple of worms that were stranded in the road on our afternoon walk.
- I also saw a bunch of animals on our walk, including a fat, angry cat glaring at us through the trees. 😾
- I had one of my favorite meals for lunch.
- My dog cuddled with me on the couch and gave me lots of kisses this evening.
- I spent some quality time with my husband.
- I had a really nice, hot shower this evening.
- My oldest nephew earned his 1st Class rank in Eagle Scouts and my sister-in-law sent us a picture.
- Tomorrow is Friday and I'm looking forward to the weekend and the start of the TBT Event!

Last edited:
𓆩♡𓆪 read a new fanfic that i enjoyed.
𓆩♡𓆪 had my first one-on-one counselling session today! i cannot believe how well it went! the first couple sessions are going to be get-to-know-you’s / assessments, and i was able to bring up a lot of my concerns and feelings today! i might be going back on medication, and seeing a psychiatrist for an updated mental health assessment (which i’ve wanted done for so long)! my counsellor is also super nice, and i really appreciated the questions she asked me and how attentive she was. she even remembered something minor i mentioned at the start of the session. my next appointment is on wednesday, and i’m looking forward to it. i’m so happy. c’:
𓆩♡𓆪 you already know who. 🖤
me to her, literally 1 minute earlier: “you’re such a sweet girl 🥺
EEB035CD-6405-49C9-BED5-C1628DE8F760.jpeg
1723401F-1DB7-4FD3-A1FF-23929E925711.jpeg
D9EF9A6B-BA6E-48D3-A6A3-95EF7015BBB4.jpeg
A0A1D711-6EB6-483A-8B72-885BFC27D164.jpeg
579C5C91-B844-4F0E-BD03-C2A12B96B66E.jpeg
075D7AA3-FD2A-4C77-AA57-CB0AD07DD20F.jpeg
B2ABD801-3C2E-4DE1-8FAA-61D396DEDFB9.jpeg
𓆩♡𓆪 found out that season 2 of ginny & georgia is coming out next month! i had no idea it finally got a release date; i’m so excited! the first season really kept me entertained that week i had food poisoning lol.
𓆩♡𓆪 continued watching the crown. i’m halfway done season 4 now!
𓆩♡𓆪 tidied up my room.
𓆩♡𓆪 did a trade in new horizons with my lovely friend @/TheDuke55! i appreciate their friendship and generosity more than i know how to express. ☺️
𓆩♡𓆪 did some self-care.

I got to spend a lot of time with my boyfriend today and we saw two does! I didn’t know until I saw it today that deer wag their tails! How cute is that?
their little tail wags really are so cute! 🥺 i’m so jealous haha, i love deers.

Last edited:
Finally got the songs from the CDs I got on Tuesday transferred over to my MP3 player! ^^ I still haven't listened to the drama yet, but hopefully I'll get the chance to soon!
Worked in some time for otome gaming!! eeeee
My parents and I watched GeminiTay's latest Hermitcraft x Empires episode! It was a lot of fun, and I love her headhunting sidequest. 😂
I made a few more rubber band bracelets! I've already got ideas for a couple more too. c:

I had a really good time with my workmates at social club/my favourite workmates leaving party. It's so bittersweet as I love my workmate so much and don't want him to leave, but I'm also super happy for him for landing such an awesome job! 😊 The leaving party was a lot of fun though and had plenty of laughs with my workmates 💞

🌟 It's the weekend!
🌟 I just started re-reading The Lord of the Rings. Ugh, it's so good. I read a lot of the prologue, so I'm only up to the third chapter. I haven't been reading as much this year because I've been swamped with reading research literature, so it's been nice!
🌟 I just got all of my Christmas shopping done for all but one person! It took hours, but it's done, and I only hope there are no issues in delivering everything.
🌟 I finished my secret santa art last week, and I've also had time to start on some other drawings. For a while I was feeling like I just couldn't get any of my drawings "right", so I'm really glad I've been learning more and having some success in at least some ways! 😊
🌟 I am so grateful and thankful for all the wonderful people that sent me Christmas Lights. Thank you so much for your sweet gestures and messages. ❤️
🌟 I'm looking forward to celebrating TBT's Season of Giving with you all starting this weekend! 💝🎄

Hope you all have a wonderful start to the weekend!

Back