• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

Today was stressful but my weekend was great and today still had some positives!

Saturday:
  • The 3rd was the Winter International Lolita day! I created a cozy, fun coordinate for the day and I was so happy with how it looked.
    ShQEkYG.png
  • My comm and I went to Michigan's Christmas Village, Frankenmuth! It's home to the largest Christmas store in the WORLD! It was so big, we saw so many amazing tree ornaments and beautiful decorations. I'm not religious and the place is massively about the "CHRIST" in Christmas (obviously) so I didn't see much I wanted but it was still fun to walk around and gander!
  • Had a fun day of shopping, and finished my day off with a DELICIOUS dinner! It was 3 courses of amazing yummy plates.
    3WHn2e9.jpg
    Ty1ICtI.jpg

Sunday:
  • Started the day with a delish little breakfast with some friends. Most of the day was the trip home but this was a great highlight.
  • Stopped at HMart for the first time! Its a huge Korean & Asian grocery store. I got some ramen, udon, mandu and pickled radish. If I had more time I would have shopped more, I saw some DELICIOUS wagyu but didn't want to run around the whole store to find things to go with it.
  • Watched Canada's Drag Race, great episode!!
  • Got to sleep in my own comfy bed again since being out of the house since Friday!

Had a good but tiring day! 😴
- Got a lot of sleep before uni! I woke up slightly late but managed to get ready in time for my train
- Class went ok and I got a bit more done on my essay!
- I've been enjoying The Melancholy of Haruhu Suzumiya! This is my first time properly watching the whole series, so I watched an episode of that this evening
- My brother came over with his gf, and we all went out for dinner! I had some spicy rice and a mojito 🍸
- And, the best news of today, we booked flights to Japan for next Spring!! 😍 🇯🇵

sleepy, so off to bed early tonight i think. i hope you all had a great start to the week!

𓆩♡𓆪 read 2 new fanfics that i enjoyed. one of them is a new favourite of mine! i thought i had read practically every fanfic that existed with this certain plot, but i missed this one, and stumbled upon it randomly today while looking for a different fanfic with the same name. i didn’t find what i was looking for, but the new fanfic i found was much better. ^^
𓆩♡𓆪 went to school. i had a good day, though that may be because i fell asleep during class. 😋
𓆩♡𓆪 changed my aesthetic again! i honestly love this one a lot, and i’m happy that i finally have a full christmas lineup that i actually like! i’ve always struggled with designing christmas lineups, but i’m very pleased with this one. ☺️ in fact, i think this is the first christmas aesthetic i’ve had that i actually love!
𓆩♡𓆪 continued watching the crown. the 1st episode of season 4 was so intense... everyone acted their asses off fr. excited to see how the rest of the season goes!
𓆩♡𓆪 my little baby. 🖤
i brushed her for about 10 mins this morning, and she absolutely loved it. she was looking up at me so sweetly and purring like crazy. 🥺
9B088021-1978-47B8-9C03-C44F3BDEA83F.jpeg
30E2A99B-6A79-4D5E-8A6D-EEC299B9BFDF.jpeg
𓆩♡𓆪 even though we already have our light-up christmas tree vinyl poster, my mom picked up a small real christmas tree today! we’ll have to put it somewhere that bonk can’t reach, but i’m very excited! i have a few ornaments that i can’t wait to hang up! ^^
𓆩♡𓆪 tidied up my room a bit.
𓆩♡𓆪 2022 tbt christmas event starting on saturday! i’m so excited! i’ve already sent christmas lights to a lot of my friends, the highlight of my day hehe — i still have more to send, but i’m just happy i’m in a headspace where i can participate in the festivities fully this year after not feeling up to it last year. :’) a few friends have also sent me some lights, which warmed my heart. 🥰
𓆩♡𓆪 chatted with a few friends! hearing from and talking to my friends always makes me so happy. <3 thank you for talking to me these past few hours @-Lumi- ily
𓆩♡𓆪 did some self-care.

The 3rd was the Winter International Lolita day! I created a cozy, fun coordinate for the day and I was so happy with how it looked.
ShQEkYG.png
ohhhh that is lovely!!!! lolita fashion is so beautiful, and you pull it off so well! 🥺

I got to help my dad look through some stickers he bought for his students—they were supposed to be "for kids and teens" and while there weren't any that were super inappropriate or anything, there were quite a few that uh, weren't exactly school safe. 😂 There were plenty overall so I got to keep a few for myself too, and one of my storage folders is looking a lot more decorated now! ^^
I made a few rubber band bracelets this evening! I'm not sure how fast these bracelets will go amongst my dad's students, but going ahead and starting the next batch couldn't hurt.
A couple more things I'd ordered arrived! 💚
Watched a little Youtube with my family! Since we're caught up on a lot of the Minecraft Youtubers we all watch, we've started Katherine Elizabeth's Empires SMP series and we all really like it so far! c: I also got to catch up on a few videos myself in the background today.
The holiday event starts this weekend!! I wasn't expecting it this early, and I'm already super hyped for it. ;v; All the Christmas Lights flying around are really fun and sweet too.

Today I'm happy because:

- Even though I had a tough work day, I completed my most important tasks and as soon as I logged off for the day everything got better.
- One of my Christmas presents arrived and my husband gave it to me early because it was too big to wrap/hide. He got me a new bookcase for my overflowing collection of books! Hopefully, we'll be able to put it together this weekend.
- I had a good dinner and a chocolate milkshake for dessert.
- I took a nice, relaxing shower.
- I logged on to the forum to see that the TBT Christmas event is starting this Saturday!
- I've already received Christmas Lights from several wonderful people!
- I've sent out a bunch of Christmas Lights to others!

I'm happy I was at home today as my legs are hurting. My yellow dog has been laying on my legs today and being cuddly. He's old and normally sits by himself so he's comfortable so that was nice. Mom came over today for a while. She also brought a few Ritz crackers with pb in them and dipped in chocolate. They are basically a cookie. They were yum. We also had lunch together at home. My spouse found cream of chicken at the store while he was out and got a few other things. We've been out for awhile due to it not being on the shelve. I use it to make stuff with so that was nice. It's been a good day honestly. Now I'm I'm about to hop on animal crossing.

Today's Good Things ™️:

:coffee: Got to study in a ~ fancy ~ apartment building today with my friends. There's a delicious free espresso machine and coffee maker, and lots of nearby food places. It's pretty much heaven on earth for a stresso-depresso-in-need-of-espresso student.

🚙 My friend gave me a ride to class today!

🧠 One of my final grades is in -- an A+ in one of my psych classes! My GPA is gonna need it when the rest of my final grades roll in, lmao.

🧪 Last week I turned in a lab report that was so heinous that it might as well have been a crime. I didn't know how to solve one of the problems, so I just wrote a jumble of variables and equations and slapped an answer on it. I ended up getting a 50/50. God bless my grad TA who does not care at all.

📝 My partner helped me study tonight, which was exceedingly sweet of them.

🍬📕 I'm eating jellies and chocolate-covered pretzels, drinking sparkling cranberry juice, and making significant progress on my bio studying tonight. The day started out awfully but it's ending much better.

✨ Good morning, afternoon, or evening to all of the TBTers reading this. You got this. I believe in you!!

oh, man... finals are brutal. it feels like my life is falling apart every time finals and exams season is upon us, too, so you’re definitely not alone in that haha. i know it’s stressful, but i promise you’re gonna do just fine. you’re giving it your all and you’re studying, and that’s the best you can do. you’re clearly working so hard, i’m sure your grades will reflect that. try not to stress too much (i know easier said than done haha); finals will be over before you know it, and you’re gonna do great. ♥️ good luck!
Thank you for the kind words ❤️ I definitely bombed a midterm I had today, but I get to drop that grade so I'm trying to ignore it and focus on finals that will actually count. I am full of stress and adrenaline and I'm here on my break in the middle of studying the cell cycle. :p Good luck to you too, I know that you're going to be able to achieve all of your goals, Xara!!! 💫💫

I did end up getting some cake from my favorite person’s birthday. I didn’t think there was any left, but someone did put some aside for me. I’m not sure who, but I’m grateful regardless.
The few times I’ve been upset at work, my favorite person just happened to be there. I’m thankful to have someone not annoyed one bit by my obsessive behaviors and affection. I swear that her hugging me from behind when I was crying just had me in more tears ‘cause I don’t deserve that.
It didn’t help that I was trying to hide it but I think she knew something was up. She ain’t stupid.
I’m really happy about a new pair of shoes I had ordered. Yes, I just got shoes but this pair is a backup, okay? The color is absolutely sick and I cannot wait to see them. I also think they’d look amazing with my style.
This is a small thing, but I’m happy I came across my belt because it keeps my work pants higher at the waist. They sag down a bit without it and it’s aggravating.
I’m happy about TBT’s new Christmas event! Here’s hoping I win something on the advent calendar.

Today I'm happy because:

- Work was slightly less stressful today. I completed my most important tasks and only had to work a little overtime.
- I had a nice, hot cup of vanilla chai tea during the cold, rainy morning.
- I finished watching Wednesday on Netflix and I really enjoyed it.
- I watched the latest episode of My Hero Academia. This season has been non-stop action.
- I had a long, hot shower this evening.
- The contractor said he should be able to start on my bathroom remodel early next week.
- The final Christmas present I ordered for my husband has shipped. Hopefully it will arrive soon.
- I ordered Christmas presents for my twin nephews. Two down, three more to go! And then all the adults...

It took a while, but I hanged all of the Christmas lights outside. I also put up all the different decorations and the tree. I have a bunch of different old-school Nintendo ornaments that were either gifted to me or I found for a cheap price online. There's a lot of ornaments that just don't look Christmas-themed (and I don't care about those), but there are some really cool xmas themed ones that I've got my hands on over time. It was fun opening the box and seeing them all.

The ones in the spoiler are just a few of the x-mas themed ones I have.
c0d2751a677b7bd2a404d24f1ea71d2f--donkeys-christmas-ornaments.jpg

a68c13c3cab35158f3ff19492e21f1c9.jpg

𓆩♡𓆪 read a few new fanfics that i enjoyed.
𓆩♡𓆪 continued watching the crown.
𓆩♡𓆪 had my 6th physio appointment today. it went okay, though the exercises my therapist had me do were kinda rough. 😅 but as always, i did them to the best of my abilities, and was ultimately able to do them all! :’) my mom made the experience better by buying me a smoothie afterwards, which was delicious!
𓆩♡𓆪 today is my final day of having to wear my walking boot! i can’t believe how fast these past 6 weeks have flown by haha. i’m a bit nervous since i know it’ll take me some time to adjust to walking without the boot, but i’m excited to get some more normalcy back. c’:
𓆩♡𓆪 bonk discovered christmas lights for the first time. 🥰❤️
FEB67624-A1E3-44F9-9A3F-757C79E37BB5.jpeg
𓆩♡𓆪 my parents very kindly bought me some treats and 3 bottles of my favourite soda while they were out. ☺️ it’s my time of the month sadly, so i appreciate having some snacks i’ve been craving to munch on haha.
𓆩♡𓆪 my dad sent me a photo he took of bonk. <3
B3064143-4063-4A93-BF36-F648CDC37A50.jpeg
𓆩♡𓆪 i’m finally caught up to present day in new horizons!!! 🥳 it’s taken me about a year to get here, but i’m so happy i can start playing normally again and that i’m caught up in time for christmas and new year’s! never let me take another hiatus again lol.
𓆩♡𓆪 received some more christmas lights from lovely friends, and sent more out as well. 💞
𓆩♡𓆪 did some self-care.

Thank you for the kind words ❤️ I definitely bombed a midterm I had today, but I get to drop that grade so I'm trying to ignore it and focus on finals that will actually count. I am full of stress and adrenaline and I'm here on my break in the middle of studying the cell cycle. :p Good luck to you too, I know that you're going to be able to achieve all of your goals, Xara!!! 💫💫
i’m sure you did the best you could, but it’s good you’re able to drop that grade so you don’t have to worry about it! and thank you so much! stress is never fun, but we’ve got this. 💪🏻 congratulations on the A+ in one of your psych classes and the 50/50 on a lab report you did! that’s incredible! you should be proud of yourself. ☺️💖

I got to play Pokémon Legends: Arceus today and got a shiny Silcoon in a mass outbreak!! I might evolve him at some point, but I think I'm gonna keep him as a weird little onion-looking cocoon baby for now. 💛 I was also able to recover a ton of player satchels!
Watched Grian's latest video with my parents! The collab's been a ton of fun and I'm really looking forward to what everyone has in store next. ^^
The final and biggest part of my birthday shopping spree got here safely this evening!!! 😭 I wasn't even expecting it to get here so soon. I'm super thrilled with all of it—I got some more buttons and charms, the Code: Realize ~Wintertide Miracles~ soundtrack (which I've had such a hard time finding anywhere that I was honestly starting to believe that a physical edition didn't even exist LOL), the third volume of the newer Ikemen Sengoku manga, five (!!) Kamigami no Asobi CDs (two of my beloved Hades' character songs, the anime OP/ED, and a drama!), and the Dragon Quest XI Character Book! Definitely going to have to revisit it when my Japanese is better ahaha, but it was still fun just to flip through! Some manga artists I really like had even done DQXI art I didn't know about, so that was really cool to see too. 🥺
Was kindly gifted more Christmas Lights with some lovely messages! ;v;

Back