• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

- Finished a comic page I've been working on for The Neopian Times last night. Proud of me and my collab partners!
- Got a dress and a matching scarf from The Hippie Shake today in the mail(this was not a black friday thing, I just got birthday discount from them before).
- Good day at work!

Had a job interview yesterday and I think it went pretty well! I'm trying not to get too attached though so I don't feel totally heartbroken if it doesn't work out but, boy... It would be pretty sweet if it did! 🤞🤞

Also, I had to do a quick public speaking evaluation (which I shivered my way through) and for some reason a "leadership" thing with the other applicants and they had us do one of those "totally real" "NASA approved" "astronaut tests" that involved a hypothetical scenario in which I was one of 100 survivors of a plane crash in the middle of the desert and had to single-handedly come up with a plan for our collective survival 🤔

The job market can be so extra sometimes, I'm applying to sell tickets in a film theatre not to become the next Bear Grills!!!

If you ever have to do one of these the most important items you'll need are 1. The map, so you can check if you are truly in the middle of the desert or if there's a village or something nearby; 2. The cans of food so you can arrange them as reflective SOS sign; and 3. The makeup mirror (Yes, really!) which can be used for signalling in the distance. Most importantly: don't go out exploring! The chances of you getting rescued in under 24h are very high thanks to technology.

No one in my group got that perfectly right so I guess it's a good thing none of us were actually applying to go to space 🙃

Had a job interview yesterday and I think it went pretty well! I'm trying not to get too attached though so I don't feel totally heartbroken if it doesn't work out but, boy... It would be pretty sweet if it did! 🤞🤞

Also, I had to do a quick public speaking evaluation (which I shivered my way through) and for some reason a "leadership" thing with the other applicants and they had us do one of those "totally real" "NASA approved" "astronaut tests" that involved a hypothetical scenario in which I was one of 100 survivors of a plane crash in the middle of the desert and had to single-handedly come up with a plan for our collective survival 🤔

The job market can be so extra sometimes, I'm applying to sell tickets in a film theatre not to become the next Bear Grills!!!

If you ever have to do one of these the most important items you'll need are 1. The map, so you can check if you are truly in the middle of the desert or if there's a village or something nearby; 2. The cans of food so you can arrange them as reflective SOS sign; and 3. The makeup mirror (Yes, really!) which can be used for signalling in the distance. Most importantly: don't go out exploring! The chances of you getting rescued in under 24h are very high thanks to technology.

No one in my group got that perfectly right so I guess it's a good thing none of us were actually applying to go to space 🙃
Ooh so exciting! I'm sure you did great :D

- Had a good sleep!

- My brother and his gf came over for dinner, it's always nice to see them

- My mum went christmas shopping and said she bought my present while she was out, and she's making my fav cottage pie for dinner with apple strudel for dessert 🥰

- I'm just happy I've got the majority of my christmas shopping done already, I feel way less stressed this year than I usually do around christmas lol, I think I'm going out tomorrow morning to get the last leftover stuff like cards and chocolates and slippers for my dad lol

- so close to finishing the Endless Eight arc of Haruhi Suzumiya....I can do it... 🥲

Mom came over today and shared some lobster ravioli stuff (we never had it so we tried it) she also brought over some cinnamon cheesecake. My spouse got a gift card from work to express thier appreciation this year which was really nice and something they normally don't do. And it turns out I won a special snowflake collectible which was totally unexpected but awesome. I must have a shamrock in my yard somewhere or something. It's been a pretty great day.

Earlier today one of my aunts stopped by and brought some gifts and cookies. She gave me a lovely handmade quilt she made with a heart pattern and dragonflies on it. (Not butterflies but close I joked. So pretty!)
Tonight I got to see my small town's Christmas 🎄 light show set up in the city park and it was gorgeous! Gets brighter and bigger every year. My ride bought me pizza and bread sticks which were good. Needless to say, the day went alright for me.

𓆩♡𓆪 got a good night’s sleep! i’ve been waking up between 3-6am the past few days, which i didn’t mind at first since i have to be up early for school anyways and it gave me a few hours of quiet before my parents woke up, but i’ve been tired and cranky by 2pm every day as a result lol, so i’m happy that i slept through the night! definitely needed those few more hours of rest. :’)
𓆩♡𓆪 opened today’s tbt advent calendar door — wasn’t expecting such a large amount of bells, but i’m very grateful! ☺️💰
𓆩♡𓆪 had my 8th physio appointment today; it went well! i’m back to doing exercises this week, but they were pretty easy and i was successfully able to do them without too much trouble! i have an appointment at the fracture clinic on thursday, so this may have been my last physio appointment depending on what the doc says, but if not i’ll be doing physio every other week instead of every week now that my mobility is improving! 💪🏻
𓆩♡𓆪 after physio, my mom and i ran an errand, got milkshakes and something to eat, and then stopped by our city’s animal shelter! so many sweet babies up for adoption, but i fell in love with 2 in particular. 🥺
this is colin! he’s 8yrs old, and the love of my life honestly. he was so, so affectionate; he started meowing at me as soon as i walked into the room (his meow kinda sounded like a duck quacking 😭), and he was rolling all around in his cage and pressing his head against the door while i was scratching his head through the bars. 🥺 genuinely the sweetest little angel, i adore him.
DE1653BD-F8C2-4FD2-A9EA-CE152A47F38E.jpeg

and this is boba! she’s 5 months old, and a total sweetie! she let my mom pick her up and cuddle her no problem, and she was even falling asleep in her arms. 🥺 she loves wand toys, and toys that have bells on/in them. she tried to climb my leg at one point LOL.
2575883D-4483-47FE-ACD5-1870D02D0392.jpeg
𓆩♡𓆪 threw out some garbage that was in my room.
𓆩♡𓆪 read 2 new fanfics that i enjoyed.

View attachment 473231
Woke up to this intense orange sunrise with a contrail this morning.Where I live we get beautiful sunsets in the summer and beautiful sunrises in the winter.
oh that is so gorgeous!! i love sunrises so much, beautiful ones like that are always a great way to start the day! 🤩🌅

I GOT MY 3DS TODAY AS AN EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT
that’s awesome!! i hope you have lots of fun with it! ☺️

i’m sure you did amazing! best of luck, friend! i hope you get the job. 🤞🏻💖

And it turns out I won a special snowflake collectible which was totally unexpected but awesome. I must have a shamrock in my yard somewhere or something. It's been a pretty great day.
congratulations again on winning the snowflake! it’s such a pretty collectible. <3 i’m glad you had a great day, you deserve it! also, cinnamon cheesecake sounds delicious. 🤤

Last edited:
congratulations again on winning the snowflake! it’s such a pretty collectible. <3 i’m glad you had a great day, you deserve it! also, cinnamon cheesecake sounds delicious. 🤤
Thank you! 🥰
And it was! There's still some in the fridge. Cinnamon is one of the best flavors for winter and peppermint but separate of course.

Today I'm happy because:

- I didn't stress too much about anything at work today and got a decent amount of work done.
- I was able to take walks on both my morning and afternoon breaks.
- I had a tasty chicken tortilla bowl for lunch.
- I got off work on time this evening.
- I cheered my husband up by texting him some cute red panda GIFs.
- My dog was super excited to see me when I got home.
- There's been more progress on the bathroom plumbing and shower floor/walls.
- I'm halfway through my work week. Only two more days to go before the long holiday weekend!🎄

Got a lot of tbt from the Advent Calendar today!! I've been pretty broke recently, so I very much appreciate this opportunity to rebuild my savings a little ahahaha ;v;
I played through the second chapter of Lover Pretend! We had some errands to run earlier, and I wasn't sure if I'd have time to play it at all today, so I'm glad I got to play it a little bit after all! Hoping to finish the common route tomorrow maybe.
Hung out with my mom for a while and watched some Youtube!
My dad got these really lovely Canadian chocolate truffles as an early Christmas present from a friend, and he shared some with us! They're incredibly good. 😭
I finished another rubber band bracelet! I feel like some of the two-peg patterns are coming a little easier to me now. ^^
And I played a lot more Fantasy Life this evening! I made it a bit farther into the story, but I'm also really enjoying just completing requests and trying to get to at least Fledgling rank in all the Lives. c:

I don't know if I can write twice in 1 day but I felt so excited about what happened earlier today I just had to share it then.

So yeah, I got my 3DS. I also got New Leaf with it (which was the whole point of me wanting the 3DS...lol). I wasn't even expecting to receive it today but it happened. It's a 3DS XL, pink and white. So cute! A pink stylus and charger came with it for free too. I tested it out later. It works fine as of now. There is a warranty on the game and console (albeit kind of short) so I hope that if something malfunctions it happens during that timeframe! 😂

Only thing that was weird was that the owners didn't erase their New Leaf data and I was kind of confused since the previous mayor was also named Cherry, which was what I was trying to name myself, since I clicked "new save file" instead of "continue" lol. I thought that it had somehow created a trial version because I made my name to also be Cherry in the console. Idk, it was just a weird coincidence. Felt bad for deleting it, but I had to so I could make my own save later.

Since it's a Christmas present, I still want to save it for Christmas, so im waiting a few days to play it officially.

Also several other good things today:
1. Started decorating the Christmas tree (finally)! And the rest of the house as well. I have been so unbelievably busy so that's why I'm so late lol
2. Made the white chocolate raspberry cheesecake. It was good, but it needed to be in the fridge of a bit longer and needed more raspberry. But others besides me enjoyed it as well!
3. I went to work today and only stayed 10 minutes late :3
4. Played a bit of minecraft today and made some good progress on my house. 😊

Today I'm happy because I have no more university work to do. Literally! Yesterday I handed in my final paper for my very last credits I need to graduate!

My university isn't very... Ceremonial. So, we don't usually have a big party with the funny hats and the tassels and the diplomas like you see in the movies. (It's unfortunate because I do love a themed party...)

Sometimes students get together and raise money to organize a ceremony somewhere, but with the pandemic my classmates got all spread out -- some graduated already, some stayed behind like me, some took a long break, some gave up on the course altogether -- so I don't really even have a "class" left to celebrate with.

It's not sad though because a professor of mine and some people from our study group took me out to dinner last night! We had pizza and wine and we toasted and I got emotional. Cycles, man. I feel like I'm facing the true unknown for the first time. How great it is to care for people who care for you right back.

Back