• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept really well last night and got to sleep in this morning.
- I completed my first gift exchange for the event.
- I went to my mom's and got to take a shower for the first time in a week. I feel so much better right now! 😭
- I got to see my mom's cat and she was very affectionate today. I also got to see some of the stray cats my mom feeds.
- My husband vaccuumed while I was gone so the house looks like less of a disaster.
- My dog is being cute and snuggled up with me on the couch.
- I ordered a present for my mother-in-law. I think she'll love it!

Last edited:
✨I had a REALLY good day; it was so restful. And, well, I just finished a huge wave of Christmas concerts. Now I don't have to perform violin til after Christmas which is SO nice because I am finally able to take a breath! 😂
✨I went home and ate a really good french dip sandwich. The beef juice to dip it in was incredible and I had extra after finishing the giant sandwich so I poured it on my dog's bowl of dog food and she finished almost all of her kibble!
✨I felt full and sleepy and ready to take a post-church nap for the first time in a long time. But I played New Horizons instead... and changed the Switch language to Spanish for a bit so I could "immerse" myself a bit. I love Animal Crossing so much so why not practice Spanish in the meantime?
✨After a while I got bored and played video/board games with my family for a few hours. By then it was already evening and I decided it was time to go out and start Christmas shopping. 😆 I'm so behind because of how busy life has been, but I'm glad I'm catching up now. I picked out a good present for my recipient!
✨Went home and ate some chicken taquitos for dinner. They made my tummy hurt but they were worth it!
✨Then I watched Home Alone, what I'd consider definitely an A-tier Christmas movie for sure, while preparing a graham cracker crust for the cheesecake I'll make tomorrow. Crushing the graham crackers feels a little pokey but slightly therapeutic.
✨I took out some frozen homemade cookie dough to thaw, and I'll start baking the cookies in a few minutes.
✨Tomorrow, I'm going to hunt for more presents, and start making that white chocolate raspberry cheesecake! 😋
✨Hope you guys had (or are having) a wonderful day as well. Thanks for reading 😊

1. As xara said, one more week until Christmas!!! <33333 I can't wait! It is one of my favorite holidays, along with Valentine's Day!!! <333 I am looking forward to (hopefully) having some enchiladas for our Christmas meal. I have been craving them <333 I am also looking forward to getting some Christmas money, I will probably spend some of it on art commissions (unless I only have the Vanilla cards, I cannot use them to send money on PayPal). Be prepared, anyone with an art shop! <333

As for Christmas Eve, I am a little mixed. We will be going to my grandparents (as we have every year that we've lived near them). My grandma will be doing prime rib, which I am not a fan of. It would be nice if she did ham too. I guess we will see. But I am still looking forward to visiting, hanging out, the nighttime ride over there and back home, and (probably) getting some money and clothes. <3333333

2. Ate sausage for lunch. It was freaking delicious! 🤤🤤🤤

We watched the latest episodes of One Piece and Spy x Family this morning, and both were super good!
Got seven more snowflakes from today's door of the Advent Calendar!
Wrapped up my playthrough of Pokémon Platinum today! I finally caught Dialga and Palkia, took a quick trip to Turnback Cave, and messed around with some Contests for a little while until I was tired of them.
And after that, I started over on my HeartGold file! Didn't get very far since I'd used most of my DS's charge on Platinum, but I'm looking forward to replaying my first Pokémon game! ^^
Spent a little time reading!
Also colored for a bit! I haven't touched any of my coloring books in ages, so that was nice to get back to. c:
And I started playing Fantasy Life this evening! I'm already really enjoying it, and I definitely appreciate how in-depth the character creator was even with the very cute/simplified art style. I love seeing multiple options for body types! ;v;

so I got this clay slime abt a week ago and I absolutely love it, but understandably the more I've played w it the more it has dried out, and despite adding in some water and kneading it every day it still wanted to rip when I tried to stretch it. after a quick Google search I found that adding lotion can revitalize clay slime, so I put a little bit on it and kneaded it in (repeating about 4 times) and now it's nice and stretchy again! I'm leaving it in the container for now so it can rest but im glad I was able to find a way to revive it since I spent a decent amount of money on it.

I can't wait for their next restock this Friday, if they don't have the candy candy one I want I'm gonna get the one called cereal milk ice cream. it has a nice cloud texture and really cute sprinkles that look like lucky charms marshmallows! that way I have two different textures to work with. if I find the courage I may go for a clear slime somewhere down the road lol.

also happy abt my avatar lmao I laugh every time I look at it

20221219_162524.jpg

I received an early Christmas present.It's the original smeghead Arnold J. Rimmer with his mug on a mug.

𓆩♡𓆪 today is my mom’s 55th birthday!! we kept the celebration simple since she had stuff to do today, but she had a good day! i made her some art (that i’m not gonna share since i’m not super proud of it lol), and she seemed to really like it, which made me happy and is all that matters. <3 she also got some mini cheesecakes with whipped cream and strawberries on top in lieu of cake, and they were tasty! today is also tbt’s 18th birthday! they grow up so fast. :’)
𓆩♡𓆪 opened today’s tbt advent calendar door and got an entry for the special snowflake raffle! ❄️ my “wrap battle” guesses have been wrong so far (and i’m not confident in my guess for round 3 at all 😅), so i’m very happy and grateful to have a shot at the raffle after all! good luck, everyone! 🤞🏻
𓆩♡𓆪 went to school, and had a pretty decent day! we’ve started our final unit in math class, and i’ve also decided to take on a last minute independent learning course to get me an extra credit this sem so that i can graduate in june! i’ve got a lot of work cut out for me this next month or so, but i’ll do my best! my new teacher seems very accommodating and nice, and she says we’ll see what work i can forgo once i have the most major assignment out of the way! 💪🏻
𓆩♡𓆪 received my mark for the math quiz i did on friday — i got 8/8 marks!! 🥳 i’m doing so well in math, i’m so happy and proud of myself!
𓆩♡𓆪 got some of my laundry done and put away! i still have lots to do, but i’m glad i got some of it out of the way!
𓆩♡𓆪 my “lyrical limericks” entry was accepted!
𓆩♡𓆪 this sweet little baby! 🖤
she was purring up a storm while i was taking these. <3 sweet sweet girl i love her
1110897D-C15C-454E-86DA-79987427F215.jpeg
77E63A6E-D1BF-4776-8C70-781A89DB4517.jpeg
𓆩♡𓆪 did some self-care.
𓆩♡𓆪 read 2 new fanfics that i enjoyed.
𓆩♡𓆪 continued watching the crown. i’m on season 5 now!
𓆩♡𓆪 my mom picked me up some things i needed at the store. she got me some fresh baked vanilla-scented febreze, which i’ve never seen before, and it smells lovely!

i’m so tired. 😴 night night, friends!

It's been a hot minute since I posted in this thread! Quite a few good things happened to me today. 😊
  • My sister has been eyeing at a couple of things over the past few days. Today, I bought a holiday gift for her after dropping her off at school this morning. Later, I went ahead and wrapped it after looking up a tutorial. I'm so glad it didn't turn out to be a mess and feeling happy about it lol. I just want to make my sister happy. 🥺
  • Played Gran Turismo 7 and did some races. It was funny to see AI being absolute noobs when it comes to strategy in one of the races. It started to rain heavily and yet, they thought it was a good idea to stay on slick tires despite heading into the pits. As a result, they ended up crawling around the track while I on the other hand flew right past them. A few of them even ended up aquaplaning lol.
  • Had a chat with @/xSuperMario64x and he showed me a couple of cute cat pictures that left me feeling very cutified. I did not know that cats stacking on top of each other is a thing and it's just so adorable!
I pretty much squealed when I first saw this. 😅
Stack of furry loaves.PNG
  • I'm going to play New Leaf for a little bit! Haven't touched it since early September and I don't know yet if any of my villagers moved out without my knowledge lol. But it's always a nice nostalgia trip in a way since I first played it all the way back in 2015. It boggles my mind how I've been playing this game on and off for almost eight years now!
Edit: I can't do math lol.

Last edited:
-I put my cats in the garage since it's cold outside tonight. I went to check on them and one of them was curled up in an Amazon box. 🖤
-Got to Season 6 of The Walking Dead. I bought seasons 1-8 on DVD, so I've been able just to binge them. I'll admit, I did cry a few times.
-Cleaned my room today for the first time in a while. I vacuumed, mopped, swept, did laundry, and straightened up the books on my shelf. I actually enjoyed it.
-Bought some cute cloud shelves from Amazon for my room. I also bought a big bookshelf since my book collection is getting out of hand. Thrifting books is a bad addiction of mine lol.
-Only six more days until Christmas!

Today I'm happy because:

- I felt clean all day after having a shower yesterday.
- I had a relatively calm day at work for a Monday. I only worked about 15 minutes late.
- I was able to take a walk on both my morning and afternoon breaks.
- I got to chat with one of the janitors about the Vikings game on Saturday since we're both fans.
- I was able to help a fellow TBT member obtain their dream collectible! 💜
- It's TBT's 18th birthday! I'm grateful for the bells and Snowflake Raffle Ticket.
- I ordered some Christmas presents for my father-in-law. I hope he likes them.
- I have some ideas for presents for the last 3 people I have to buy for.
- I saw some cute dogs around the neighborhood and a bunny in my backyard.
- It finally feels like they're making progress on the bathroom! Today they installed the sub-floor, drain, and some of the plumbing for the shower. This was the first time since they started exactly 1 week ago that they added things instead of ripping things out. It made me so happy!

Boy, I'm tired.
I went Christmas shopping all day, and I'm still not done finding presents! I didn't make that cheesecake either. Neither have I been able to put up Christmas decorations, or practice or do any of my lessons. The good thing is that I still have time this week to do those things.
I also have work tomorrow, which is sad but I will also get paid soon which is good because I have been spending a lot this month for Christmas related things 😅

It's TBT's 18th birthday and the Advent Calendar gave out tokens for the Special Snowflake raffle!! That snowflake is a total dream collectible of mine so I'll take whatever chance I can get to finally own one, but also I love that the ticket itself looks like it with just a slight color change. ;v; It's so nice to see it in my lineup aaaaa
My aunt's Christmas present arrived today (a tacky Christmas kitty sweater!), and so did an early one for me—I got my copy of Lover Pretend!! 💕 The last couple of otome I've played have been on the darker/more intense side (a.k.a, the kind I'll only ever want to play one route in 😅), so I'm glad to have something lighthearted again. I got started on it today and I'm looking forward to playing more soon!
My family and I watched SmallishBeans' latest video over dinner!
And I spent the rest of my evening playing Fantasy Life! ^^ I'm mainly focusing on the Paladin Life because I love knights, but I'm trying to branch out and get the basic skills for the other Lives now too. I can't believe I'm already five hours in, but I've gotta say it's pretty much exactly the kind of game I've been in the mood to play for a while now, and I've been having a blast.

I managed to obtain a measuring tape out of a sewing kit, so I was finally able to purchase my first binder. I’m happy that it comes in discreet packaging, too. I ordered from gc2b.
I played a round of Mario Party Superstars with my favorite person. I was secretly rooting for her to win this one. It’s been a while since we last played so I’m happy we had the chance to reunite.
I recently discovered some songs that I really like. It’s not typically a genre that I listen to but my taste in music is all over the place anyway. I have more variety on my Spotify now!
I’m still really not in the Christmas spirit but either way, I’m enjoying the event. I pushed myself to do the lyrical limericks task to hopefully get into the spirit just a little bit.
I got to work with my dishwashing partner today. He’s very autistic, but he works hard. He really helped me out a ton today since it was busy. I told his helper how awesome he did today.

• After being sick since late November, and getting progressively worse over the past couple of weeks, I was finally able to get antibiotics yesterday. It required walking 40 minutes in ice cold wind and rain to make an 8am appointment, then killing time in a coffee shop while I waited for a pharmacy to open, but it'll be worth it to finally be able to shift this infection.
  • I had a meeting via phone call yesterday that I was nervous about, but it went incredibly well. We ended up getting a bit side-tracked when we learned we had a few things in common. She told me that I'm very easy to talk to. 🥰
  • Date night last night. 🌹
    • We met at the station and were intending to go straight home after getting groceries, but ended up stopping in a pub for a glass of wine on the way. There a complete stranger kindly ended up buying us drinks as we were finishing our first. Normally I'd be worried, but the bartender was watching and came over after he left the table to tell us that they were safe to drink. It was such a lovely gesture.🍷
    • After, we went home, cuddled up on the couch under a mountain of blankets, and watched Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio with mocktails. The movie is fantastic, by the way! 🍿
  • I managed to find a Christmas gift for my partner's sister today. We're spending Christmas with my partner's family, and her sister is kindly driving us there, so I put a bit of thought into what I should get her. I'm planning to get their parents gifts tomorrow.
  • I'm looking forward to getting some gaming in this evening. 🎮

I need a pick me up this morning, so I’m forcing myself to find it.
- I won’t have a red Christmas (yayy)
- My dad always gives us each $200 to buy our Christmas gifts from him and says, ”Surprise me with what I got for you.” Which is endearing, in its own way. Anyways, I got myself some skincare and custom lipstick from Geurlain and I’m SUPER excited to get them.
- Yesterday, two plushies that I picked out for myself for Christmas came, a Sprigatito and an Eevee that turns in on itself into an Eevee egg. 🥰
- I’m making progress on my advent calendar and I’ll be baking and decorating my cookies today for Chipper Confections. I just hope they turn out well.

Back