• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

Today I'm happy because I have no more university work to do. Literally! Yesterday I handed in my final paper for my very last credits I need to graduate!

My university isn't very... Ceremonial. So, we don't usually have a big party with the funny hats and the tassels and the diplomas like you see in the movies. (It's unfortunate because I do love a themed party...)

Sometimes students get together and raise money to organize a ceremony somewhere, but with the pandemic my classmates got all spread out -- some graduated already, some stayed behind like me, some took a long break, some gave up on the course altogether -- so I don't really even have a "class" left to celebrate with.

It's not sad though because a professor of mine and some people from our study group took me out to dinner last night! We had pizza and wine and we toasted and I got emotional. Cycles, man. I feel like I'm facing the true unknown for the first time. How great it is to care for people who care for you right back.
Wow that's such a big mile stone! Congratulations!!! 🎉

My friend is coming over in about two hours to film a video for a Tech Fair we've entered together. We've been putting it off for about two months, so I'm glad to finally get it over with.

Today I'm happy because I have no more university work to do. Literally! Yesterday I handed in my final paper for my very last credits I need to graduate!

My university isn't very... Ceremonial. So, we don't usually have a big party with the funny hats and the tassels and the diplomas like you see in the movies. (It's unfortunate because I do love a themed party...)

Sometimes students get together and raise money to organize a ceremony somewhere, but with the pandemic my classmates got all spread out -- some graduated already, some stayed behind like me, some took a long break, some gave up on the course altogether -- so I don't really even have a "class" left to celebrate with.

It's not sad though because a professor of mine and some people from our study group took me out to dinner last night! We had pizza and wine and we toasted and I got emotional. Cycles, man. I feel like I'm facing the true unknown for the first time. How great it is to care for people who care for you right back.
That's amazing for you! Congratulations! 🥳🎓

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. What an amazing occasion! 🎉✨

- Went Christmas shopping today for some final bits, it was chaotic but managed to get everything I needed! I wrote cards and wrapped all the presents as soon as I got home, so I'm pleased to get it out the way

- FINALLY finished the Endless Eight arc lmao, I guessed the ending like three episodes into it too (y'all need to do your homework...)

🎄 I think I'll get about a week off over Christmas, though I should really catch up on some work!
🎄 The last of my Christmas gifts arrived in the mail yesterday, so everything is wrapped and I'm done! 😊
🎄 I have received gifts from some beautiful and kind TBT friends. 💖 They are so sweet, and I am so thankful.
🎄 All of my Season of Giving entries have been accepted so far, so I've been able to send out some more gifts! I've really enjoyed all of the tasks, especially making the gingerbread (and opening the advent calendar of course). I wasn't planning on doing the Christmas Countdown task because I don't really have the time, but I'm going to make an effort to do something simple for that too, as I'd really like the snowflakes to buy more gifts for people. ❤️
🎄 For the past couple of years I've bought some tree ornaments that I thought were cute, and when I was decorating my tree this year, I realised I really love it! It has all of these ornaments that resonate with me. This year I only bought one ornament, a cute stack of books, made from glass!
🎄 I received a Christmas gift early, and it was very thoughtful. ❤️ I'm not far in, but I've learnt a few things already. 😊 I really do like drawing books, because I can have it open in front of me while drawing, instead of having two screens. 😊

Hope you all have a safe and happy holidays ❤️

Last edited:
I'm off from work today, so that's always nice. I also had the last Pokemon card I needed to make a complete set of Buizel cards arrive today (at least by artwork, never mind trying to complete a set of holo/foil/whatever types)!

Buizel cards.jpg

𓆩♡𓆪 the wonderful @azurill surprised me by sending me a red gift! 🥺♥️ today’s been... a day lol, but this made it a whole lot better. <3 the kindness of my friends and this entire community never ceases to amaze me. i’m so lucky and thankful. 🥺
𓆩♡𓆪 finally completed my “holiday snowscapes” entry and submitted it! i never got around to doing it the past couple days, so i’m happy to finally have it done and out of the way! my entry is kinda simple haha, but i think it’s pretty. :’)
𓆩♡𓆪 also created and submitted my “chipper confections” entry, and it was accepted!! 🥳 i was worried it’d be considered low-effort since it’s not great, so very pleased that everything worked out! another event down where i’ve pushed myself to participate in all of the activities; i’m proud of myself!
𓆩♡𓆪 opened today’s tbt advent calendar door! the matryoshka doll is my favourite of the 2020 christmas collectibles, i’m happy to have one from this year now! ☺️
𓆩♡𓆪 classes were asynchronous today, so i got to get a couple more hours of sleep in, and just take today to focus on catching up on some things. very thankful to have the day ‘off’!
𓆩♡𓆪 did i really post in here if i don’t talk about my cat? 🖤
she wasn’t annoyed i promise LOL, she was purring and loving the attention
22189DB9-720D-4F2E-A699-8D8E663B1ECF.jpeg
5E3DD8D7-418E-42C3-A6BB-5CE09704F450.jpeg
𓆩♡𓆪 tidied up my room and around the house.
𓆩♡𓆪 took a shower, washed my hair, and did some self-care! i feel and smell so nice and clean now, i love it. 😌
𓆩♡𓆪 4 days until christmas, and my mom and i are still decorating. 😅
my mom added the cardinal to our mini christmas tree in honour of her late mom. ❤️
72E20510-A65A-4B58-815C-2401A34514C3.jpeg

she also found this reindeer garland, and we hung it up! it’s so cute!
06915139-F6B3-4F48-B6A2-CFDC1AB99808.jpeg
𓆩♡𓆪 continued watching the crown.
𓆩♡𓆪 ordered pizza for dinner, and it came with 3 cans of my favourite peach iced tea! 🤤
𓆩♡𓆪 completed the “cornering the stalk market” milestone in new horizons! i’m finally done with the stalk market and turnips until the next ac game! 😄

a job interview and you’ve handed in your final university paper all in one week? you’re amazing! 🖤 that is so wonderful, congratulations!

my mom got her check today so I was able to go out and buy some things we needed from the store. despite briefly becoming overstimulsted bc there were crowds of people there today, it was a pretty chill experience and I got to do some window shopping too.
while I was out I went to two different thrift stores, at the first one I found a mint green colored tiger plush which is really cute (and, according to an online search, it's made out of recycled materials so that's fantastic), and at the second one I found a Webkinz Signature Zebra! my friend had the signature zebra when we were kids (like over a decade ago) and we used to throw him back and forth when we had sleepovers so seeing this plushie brought back a lot of great memories 🖤
after freezing nonstop for like 2 weeks I can happily say I am now nice and toasty under my heated blanket 😌
I also got my smaller one washed and dried and it's finally put back on my bed so I can sleep with it tonight!
I got a surprise gift from @/TheDuke55 which was great! Ive also gotten a free gift from @/BrokenSanity, and I really appreciate their generosity since I'm very passively participating in this event (as in only doing the advent calendar and raffle).
I got a message from @/Holla earlier and she offered to give me a Hanukkah Candy for free since I haven't been participating in this event. that was so very kind of her 😭💙
I got my Christmas shopping done for my golden boy 💛 while I was at the thrift store I found a Kong toy that has a rolling ball attached to a ring and it's a treat dispenser that he has to nudge to get the treats out of, so that's his early Christmas gift (not to mention they're usually $15 and I got this one for $2, that's some thrifty shopping lol). for his actual gift I got him a stuffed duck plush that makes a honking noise, I've been wanting to get him a duck plush bc golden retrievers are famously known as duck hunting dogs. and for his birthday (which is about a month from now) I'm gonna get him some dog-friendly cookies like I did last year, and I also found a puzzle toy that you hide treats in and they have to use logic to figure out how to get to the treats. I think he'll like that and it'll give him something to do when I'm busy.
(yes my doggo is very spoiled lol)
had a nice rotisserie chicken, mac and cheese, and sweet corn for dinner and it was really good 😊

Last edited:
Received red and orange gifts respectively from @BrokenSanity and @TheDuke55!! Thank you so much to both, I really appreciate it!! ❤️

My Season of Giving entries have been accepted, so I have quite a bit of snowflakes! I'm gonna send some more gifts very soon! 🎁

I made sugar cookies in cooking class today! I gave most of them to my friends and family, and they all said they were really good! I also made gingerbread cookies at home with my step-mom! 🍪

My older brother came to visit yesterday! We played Mario Kart and it was really fun! Plus I'm just really happy to see him. 😊 He's gonna come over again for New Year's!

My friends and I planned a game night for over the holiday! We're gonna be playing games like Mario Kart and Wii Sports Resort, I can't wait!! 🎮

Talked about Animal Crossing with some of my friends during lunch, which was super fun! I also had my Switch Lite with me, so I was able to show them my island, house, villagers, etc.

We watched Astérix et Obélix in French class today! Specifically the 1976 film Les 12 traveaux d'Astérix (translation: "Asterix's 12 Labors"), which I've already seen but enjoyed regardless!

I've been doing a lot of writing recently, one of my favorite hobbies! 📝 I also worked on a couple drawings this week. ^^

Today I'm happy because:

- I had an extremely chill work day, which was good because I had a lot of things going on outside of work.
- I was able to take a walk on my morning break.
- I left work early and had a good massage therapy session.
- I finished most of my Christmas shopping. My mother-in-law's present arrived a day earlier than expected. I just need to pick up one more gift for my mom and wait for my father-in-law's present to be delivered.
- There was more progress on my bathroom and as a bonus we got the ventilation duct to the attic finished. The ductwork was already there, but hadn't been connected. Now we have heat/AC in the attic!
- I had a good dinner and a thick mint chocolate chip milkshake for dessert.
- Tomorrow is my last day of work for the week!

My PoPo (Chinese Grandma; Meilin), is FINALLY FULLY better now! She was in the hospital for soo long, then went to physical therapy, and then after that she had my mother stay at her independent living home and she is FULLY RECOVERED! SHE IS DOING EVEN BETTER THEN SHE WAS BEFORE THE HOSPITAL! She still needs her 3 wheel walker but now she can actually move both feet! She used to only move one! She is so much happier and can see our family again! I missed her so much and was so sad but now I feel better :) Basically she tried to reach something but then fell out of her bed and broke something in her spine and twisted her leg, she was really hurt and called the ambulance and they found she had a kidney infection. EVERYTHING HAS BEEN TREATED SO LIFE IS GREAT UWU NOW WONDERHOY ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Forgot to mention this yesterday, but I got the first issue of the Undertale/Deltarune digital newsletter! I haven't played Deltarune so I'm mainly just interested in the Undertale/other content, but it was pretty neat to read through.
I made it through the common route of Lover Pretend! Very much looking forward to playing more; I feel like I've chosen my first route well. 😌 I'd like to credit my amazing intuition, but... I actually always look up a bit about the characters' personalities before buying lol
Also bought the Lover Pretend opening song off of iTunes since it was starting to get stuck in my head ahaha, and since I got the version of the game that came with the BGM soundtrack, I finally got around to transferring that to my MP3 as well.
Got a lot of new desktop wallpapers today!
Finally found some art of one of my faves online that I'd previously only seen in one of the artbooks!!! 😭 Might be a weird thing to be so excited about, but I like having both physical and digital versions ahahaha
My family and I got a little closer to being caught up with Katherine Elizabeth's Empires SMP series!
And I got to play Fantasy Life this evening and chill out with some Youtube! ^^

-Binged a few movies. I don't have much to do other than watch movies, to be honest. Life's been kind of boring lately, as my holiday festivities don't really start until Christmas Eve and Christmas day.
-Finished some puzzles on my laptop. I love doing jigsaw puzzles, but not in real life. I did thrift a Jacob Black 1000-piece puzzle, and I really want to do it. I just hate real puzzles.
-My friend and I got our video clips completed. He edited our bloopers into a separate video, and it was hilarious. The amount of times I messed up isn't surprising.

Today was a really good day. Woke up late, then had some devotional time. Then I played some more minecraft and mined enough copper for my house. I did some online lessons and ate lunch and then I went out for more Christmas shopping. I actually finally finished today! Got a present for each family member and even my dog, Sofia. She got a tug of war toy with a fluffy bone in the middle that says "joyful" on it. She'll destroy the fluffy fluff soon enough but im sure the tug of war rope will endure even her chewing! She will certainly also enjoy ripping open her present.

We do that every Christmas and her birthday - she rips off the wrapping paper with her teeth and paws and chews the box until she sees the toy or treat inside and grabs it. It's perfectly safe for her and fun for everyone to participate in! I'm excited to watch her unwrap her present again Christmas Day.

I also had baked potatoes for dinner - ohh they were so good!! - and the cheesecake i made yesterday for dessert. Im very almost finished decorating the Christmas tree and the rest of the house too, and got around to putting presents around the tree. I also made some sugar cookie dough to bake tomorrow!!! Yum!
That was pretty much it for my day. I'm excited for finishing Christmas preparations tomorrow, and traveling to see family the day after. :3

Last edited:
Today was pretty uneventful, but my dad went over our plans for the rest of this week and the weekend. Tomorrow (or technically, you could say today since it’s past midnight, but whatever), me, my dad, and my brother will be running some errands together, which I’m looking forward to. We’re going to go out to eat and do some Christmas shopping. ^_^

The 23rd, it’s going to be pretty uneventful. But we’re gonna be cleaning and getting ready for Christmas, so that’s nice.

The 24th and 25th is what I’m really looking forward to.

On the 24th. We will be going to my grandparents for a Christmas dinner. Now, I do not like prime rib, but my dad is going to go ahead and do the enchiladas so he won’t have too much to do on Christmas day and it’ll give me something to eat on Christmas Eve. I will probably get some clothes and money for my grandparents too, so that’s always nice. I lost my black skirt (my grandmother even helped me look for it the day before my dentist appointment) so I predict that they’re gonna get me a new one for Christmas. :ppppp

And on the 25th. The grandparents will be coming over here for lunch. I will probably getting the rest of my Christmas money, the state, too, which I’m looking forward to. I’m planning to put some of it towards commissions and the bath and Bodyworks stuff. ^^

My PoPo (Chinese Grandma; Meilin), is FINALLY FULLY better now! She was in the hospital for soo long, then went to physical therapy, and then after that she had my mother stay at her independent living home and she is FULLY RECOVERED! SHE IS DOING EVEN BETTER THEN SHE WAS BEFORE THE HOSPITAL! She still needs her 3 wheel walker but now she can actually move both feet! She used to only move one! She is so much happier and can see our family again! I missed her so much and was so sad but now I feel better :) Basically she tried to reach something but then fell out of her bed and broke something in her spine and twisted her leg, she was really hurt and called the ambulance and they found she had a kidney infection. EVERYTHING HAS BEEN TREATED SO LIFE IS GREAT UWU NOW WONDERHOY ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Amazing news about your PoPo! So happy for you and her! 💖💖💖

Back