• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

I saw her
FA6F1BAC-6D21-49C2-8699-CAF4E5526178.jpeg

I received my first binder in the mail and I’m washing it tonight. I’ll be able to wear it tomorrow when I go out to eat. I chose the black tank binder. I’m excited to see how it looks.
DEA13427-2193-4456-9FAE-CC9E3EFBC524.jpeg
Work was extremely slow today and I was able to get a bunch of cleaning done. I even got to take a whole cookies and cream pie with me because it was past the sell by date.
7E575F1C-1BAC-47F4-A245-9EB750938213.jpeg
I saw my favorite person today. I scraped off her car after work so she didn’t have to be outside too long. I want her to stay warm since I have her coat, lol. Don’t want my girl getting sick. 🥺
I’m happy that I have two consecutive days off but the power is out at least until tomorrow night, so there’s that. I was unable to play Mario Kart tonight because of that.

Today was really not a great day, but there were a few things to be happy about.

- My power came back on! We lost it around 9am this morning and it stayed out until 4pm. I was soooo cold and miserable. I'm glad we have electricity and, most importantly, heat again.
- I'm also glad that my mom and in-laws didn't lose power.
- I bought my mom's main Christmas gift so I'm officially done with Christmas shopping now.
- While I was out, I also found a box of chocolate pandas and picked that up for me.
- I was able to box and wrap a few presents today.
- The contractors couldn't do a lot with our power out, but they did put up more sheetrock in the bathroom. The majority of the walls and ceiling are done now.
- I had a 'bath' at the kitchen sink and washed my hair, then put on fresh, warm pajamas. I felt a bit better after that.
- I get to sleep in tomorrow morning so I'm very excited about that. I hate waking up an hour earlier than normal on the weekdays because of the work on the bathroom, but it needs to be done.
- Tomorrow we're also going to visit a friend. We got him a very nice surprise Christmas gift.
- I'm enjoying TBT's Season of Giving! I gifted and got some more presents. I love looking through all the entries. I look forward to the reveals for the Advent Calendar and 12 Days of Collectibles every day. I hope everyone is enjoying the event and has a wonderful holiday if you are celebrating!

Well well well, how many times have I destroyed people's notifications? Whatever number it is, it certainly won't be the last lol.
  • The weather was snowy today and I was just getting cozy vibes relaxing indoors. It was pretty stormy actually, but I'm glad we didn't get a power outage.
  • I played Gran Turismo 7 and did a time trial and a couple of races. Staying on topic with this point, today is actually the 25th anniversary of the series! It's amazing. This is gonna sound silly to a lot of you (especially since I'm on an Animal Crossing forum of all places), but the Gran Turismo series means a lot to me as I was introduced to it by my dad ever since I was very young, and made lots of memories growing up. I have extremely vague memories of 1 and 2, but 3 was the one that really got me going. As you could tell from my numerous posts in this thread, it played a huge part in my enthusiasm for cars. To top it off, there's even a video from the official channel basically showing the series' progression over the years, and I almost shed a couple of tears if I'm being brutally honest. The music used in the video definitely hit me with a lot of nostalgia since it's been a decade hearing it for the very first time (which first originated in 5). If it weren't for Gran Turismo, I don't think I'd be a huge fan of cars in the first place. @/LadyDestani, in case you're wondering which Corvette I've seen for the first time ever when I was very young, it was the C5!
I was shocked when the Honda S2000 showed up at 0:55 lol
Fun fact: Gran Turismo means grand touring in Italian! Now you know. :)
  • I ordered pizza and my sister and I enjoyed eating them while watching Sailor Moon.
  • Speaking of Sailor Moon, we watched some more episodes and ended up going through at least five of them whoops. To avoid spoilers, it was starting to get intense, so we had to keep going for a while.
  • I've been working on my drawing for secret Santa for the past few days and I finally got it done. What's even better is that everyone who participated completed theirs, so I'm very excited to see the drawings! 😄

Wasn't feeling super great today, but some nice things happened regardless!
We had some really nice, strong windy weather here—I love windy days, so I spent some time outside just enjoying it for a bit. While I was out there, the neighbor's kitty came over to say hi! She let me pet her a little and I also got to play with her with a long strand of grass. ;v;
I'm excited to see my island rep return to the site header with everyone! ❄️ It was a really pleasant surprise, and it brought back a lot of fond memories of my first holiday event here!
Got a Chocolate Coin from the Advent Calendar! Hoping I'll be able to get the last coin from the Lost Bar so I can get another candy from the shop. ^^
Watched another of Katherine Elizabeth's Empires series with my parents!
I played HeartGold for a little while and beat the first gym! Also caught a Mareep for my dream team.
I found some lovely new artwork of a few of my favorite characters!!! 🥺💕 Never fails to brighten my mood ahaha. Also found some art I already had in higher quality!
Got a new desktop wallpaper!
And I got to play Fantasy Life this evening! Adopted my first pet (a black Castele dog!), and got to Apprentice rank in a few Lives! I was able to complete a few requests while I was at it too.

@Croconaw Dang that pie looks really good! Bet it'd taste nice if it was heated up just a tiny bit to make it warm.

I have off of work and now can enjoy some holiday fun! I also got to help my nieces and nephews decorate gingerbread houses. It was a bit messy, but they had a lot of fun. One in particular just wanted to eat it all...

I got to play some New Horizons with some of my friends last night. I don't get to do it often because of conflicting schedules and the such, but it was really nice to do.

I built a little greenhouse in my basement for all of my tropical plants that I grew by seed.

And this ornament came in the mail yesterday
il_794xN.2719965872_f0od.jpg

I had happily admitted defeat during the week after trying to get my 'Lyrical Limerick' to work out as every time I tried to work out the syllables I kept getting different numbers! :ROFLMAO: However, after @Bluelady sent me a surprise gift this morning with a lovely message, I was annoyed with myself as I couldn't return the favour, so I got my thinking cap on, edited it and got my entry accepted! :D
Now I'm off to help Jingle distribute gifts on Hazzard, a certain lovable green Jock horse will be first on my list! :love:

- Having a pretty chill Christmas Eve! My dad and I went to visit my grandparents and we dropped their gifts off. I haven't seen them in a while so that was nice :)

- The persimmons we got are finally ripe, so I ate one today. They're one of my fav fruits but kind of hard to find in the UK, especially ripe ones

Yesterday I got a lot of good gifts from the gift exchange. Things like clothes that I wanted, a journal, some makeup, a mug, a plaque to hang on my wall. It was fun!
Finished the cookies to be submitted to Chipper Confections! I'll take a better picture later for the submission, but this is it for now.
Heading home today, it's very likely that tonight will end with me bundled up by the fireplace with a fire roaring with It's A Wonderful Life in the background. ☺️
B54FC386-3AD9-4650-9AA9-755FDA9ABEEC.jpeg

merry christmas eve to those celebrating! i hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow, regardless of if you celebrate or not! 🥰 and sorry in advance for my long post; have lots to be happy about today haha.

𓆩♡𓆪 finally got to send gifts to and swap gifts with some of my incredible friends!! getting to exchange gifts with awesome people and knowing that money is also being donated to charity as a result is my favourite part of the season of giving events. ♥️ i was aiming for the “scrooge redeemed” gift giving title, and having to wait until today to send my gifts out was honestly painful. 😩 been itching to send gifts to my friends since the event started!
𓆩♡𓆪 used my remaining snowflakes to give away presents; i had enough to give away 7! i’ve been very blessed this holiday season, and while i know it’s not much, i want to give back in whatever ways i can. <3 i wish i could’ve done more, but knowing that i’ve made at least 1 person happy while also contributing to charity is the best gift i could ever receive. ☺️
𓆩♡𓆪 received a blue gift from the lovely @Sheep Villager in exchange for a pic of my silly girl, bonk! ya’ll already know how much i love sharing bonk with you guys, and getting a gift in exchange is just an added bonus. 💙 tysm again, sheep! i loved the message btw, made me chuckle haha.
𓆩♡𓆪 received surprise orange and pink gifts from the fab @Bluelady and @S.J., and more lights from a dear friend! all the christmas lights and gifts i’ve received this year have made me so happy, i don’t even know what to say. 🥺 tysm again, loves!
𓆩♡𓆪 won an oarfish collectible set in @Asarena ’s christmas giveaway?? i’ve already been so fortunate these past few weeks, i can’t believe i won. 😭 i’m grateful beyond words, tysm again, asarena! will cherish my new lil buddy! <3
𓆩♡𓆪 opened today’s tbt advent calendar door — my eyes actually widened at the amount of bells lol, but i’m so grateful! merry christmas indeed! 🤩
𓆩♡𓆪 christmas is finally here! i’m so excited for tomorrow!! i can’t wait to see what’s in my stocking, and find out what this year’s mystery christmas collectibles are! i’m hoping for another plushie! 😍🤞🏻
𓆩♡𓆪 this silly billy. 🐱🖤
...or she would, if she wasn’t busy being so silly.
8367F4AF-6F0D-40BE-82B4-9BB71A993AC3.jpeg
2F1650B2-F5AD-4133-AD12-ACE578988EBF.jpeg
83561FC9-3963-4956-9A2D-682243A6CCDA.jpeg
𓆩♡𓆪 posted a new acnh island journal entry! albeit not a festive one, but i couldn’t wait to show off a few of my hhp designs. 😅
𓆩♡𓆪 watched mrs. doubtfire with my mom while we got dinner ready! it’s not a christmas movie, but it’s one that never fails to make me laugh. i miss robin williams sm. :’)

Got some tbt from the Advent Calendar this morning! ^^ My savings are very thankful ahaha.
Felt better today and played another chapter in the route I'm on in Lover Pretend! I love how generous this game has been with the CGs. ;v; I'm trying to pace myself and make it last, but I can't wait to play more!
Also got to play Pokémon Legends: Arceus today! I had some massive mass outbreaks that really helped with my research tasks (blessed Munchlax outbreak), and I was also able to catch a shiny Unown Y!! Nearly failed it too, which was pretty scary. 😅
Watched GoodTimesWithScar's latest Hermitcraft episode with my parents this evening, and we did some early gift exchanges afterwards! c: I got the next volume I need of One Piece (although I really need to get around to catching up with the manga!), and my parents really seemed to like their presents too, so I'm glad!
And last but absolutely not least, I won a Star Glow Wand from today's 12 Days of Collectibles raffle!!! 😭 I was manifesting a win super hard and I could hardly believe it when it actually happened. ;v; Honestly, I'm still kind of in shock over it ahahah

- IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE ^___^

- So, me and my friend Ethan are doing a story trade involving our self-ships and he released a new part today.

- Ate enchiladas for lunch.

- Went to my grandparent's for dinner and presents. They got me a $100 dollar visa card. ^^

- Turns out they cooked stuff that I like after all: Ham and rolls. I had those for dinner. ^^

- Had a good talk with a my friend Ashton.

- Me and that same friend (Ashton) are planning to do a Christmas/Winter-related trade involving our self-ships tomorrow <3333

Today I'm happy because:

- It's Christmas Eve!
- I slept really well last night and got to sleep in this morning.
- I had a nice day of rest with no construction going on in the house and we had heat/power all day.
- The terribly strong wind from yesterday stopped, so even though it was cold it wasn't quite so unbearable.
- I gave my husband his main Christmas gift today, a Ray Lewis jersey so he could wear it while he watched the game. He loved it!
- We'll be exchanging the rest of our gifts tomorrow and going to my mom's around dinnertime.
- The Baltimore Ravens won today and clinched their playoff spot. 💜🖤
- The Minnesota Vikings won today on a last second field goal. 💜💛
- We visited a friend and gave him his Christmas present. He seemed really happy about it.
- I got to meet several of his cats: Tigra, Patches, Bobble, Pinky Da'Nose, and Hector Villanueva. Bobble and Patches were quite affectionate with me. He takes in any cat that comes his way and needs help so a lot of them have health issues or deformities. It was so sweet to watch him with them. ❤️
- My sister-in-law sent us pictures of the kids in the front of their Christmas tree. They are so beautiful! 💖
- My mother-in-law and father-in-law are feeling better.
- I was gifted a surprise pink present by @xara! Now I have the complete set!
- I gifted some more presents to other members.
- Tomorrow we get to see the new candy cane design!
- I'm just really happy and feeling the Christmas spirit today! 🌟

I received amazing Christmas gifts. My younger brother gifted me two Criminal Justice textbooks, which will be quite handy for the classes I'm going to take. I also got some pairs of jeans, t-shirts, a hoodie, some Ohuhu markers, and a generous amount of money. Everyone loved their gifts from me, so I'm very relieved about that.

Merry Christmas everyone, if you celebrate! I hope you all have a wonderful day. :giggle:🎄

Back