• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

20221227_015544.jpg

I saw this nice Christmas display featuring the Harry Potter kids in front of a local residence.Eh,it looks like Harry might have been hit with the ol' shrinking charm.Reducio!

I ordered myself plenty of new Pokémon plushes online for Christmas and I cannot wait!!! I have been longing for the Pokémon Fit gen 5 and it finally happened recently; I immediatly jumped on my PC and ordered 5 of them and told myself I would order more later since I'm actually quite poor lol. I also bought some previous ones, including Wailord and Goldeen which I absolutely adore, and a beautiful Bellossom from the Saiko Soda series which is such a cool line. I am so so so excited to receive all of them!
I also bought some fragrance and some nice shampoo because I'd like to take care of myself a bit more for the year to come, that and I also thrifted some clothes I really like, since I'd like to make a wardrobe overhaul to a preppy/cottagecore mixed style.

don’t have much to talk about today since i spent most of my day sleeping and relaxing haha, but i hope you’re all doing well! 🥰

𓆩♡𓆪 i made it to 4/5 of the season of giving community favourites polls!! i’ve genuinely been in shock all day LOL. i usually don’t make it to 1 poll, let alone 4, so this is just... wow. 🥺 i’m so shocked and grateful ohmygod. i’m not expecting to win at all since i’m up against some incredible entries and people, but the fact that i made it to polls at all when there were so many amazing entries is an honour. <33 made my entire day fr!
𓆩♡𓆪 gave away a toy duck plush to someone who wanted it! they’re so cute, but i have no need for 2, so wanted my extra to go to someone who’d use it more. 💖 so happy i was able to make someone else happy!

View attachment 474860
I saw this nice Christmas display featuring the Harry Potter kids in front of a local residence.Eh,it looks like Harry might have been hit with the ol' shrinking charm.Reducio!
not really a harry potter fan, but that is so pretty!! so bummed that the holiday season is almost over and people’ll be taking their decorations down soon. 😩

I'm thrilled that my advent calendar made it to the community voting stage!! ;v; It means so much to me, and I'm feeling really grateful.
I was able to work in a little bit of reading time!
Some otome merch I got on sale arrived today! I've had my eye on this artwork for a while, so I'm glad to have it in my physical collection, and I'm also happy with the random bonus bromide that came with it too. ^^
I played another chapter in the route I'm on in Lover Pretend, and I can't believe I've only got a couple more left. 🥺 Hopefully they're longer chapters because I don't really want it to end so soon ahahaha I mean, I know I've still got four routes left to play after this one, BUT STILL—
Watched fWhip's latest video with my family this evening!
And I spent some more time working on aesthetics to go with the lineups I've got planned! I'm already excited to switch to one after the holiday event ends. 💜

Today I'm happy because:

- My dog is getting better about going in his crate in the mornings on his own. We don't usually crate him this much, but it's a necessity with all the work going on and contractors coming and going all day. He's always done well in his crate, but he prefers to go in of his own volition rather than being forced into it.
- I was able to take walks on both my morning and afternoon breaks. I didn't get my morning break until literally right before my lunch hour, but at least I did take both of my breaks.
- Even though a few issues came up at work, it could have been a lot worse. Overall, the day wasn't too stressful and I was able to leave work on time this evening.
- The temperature is warming up again. Starting tomorrow, we should have highs over 50F.
- I got the Christmas presents for my niece and nephews packed and ready to ship. I'll be taking them to the post office tomorrow.
- I get to leave work early tomorrow for a massage therapy session.
- There's been more progress made on our bathroom. About 90% of the sheetrock is up now. Only a few places have been left open where they're still working on plumbing or electricity. Tomorrow they plan to start mudding and tiling! Then it will really start to feel like a room again.

Edit: And I just saw that my Lyrical Limerick made it to community voting! I'm so grateful to be included in the list of finalists! 💗

Last edited:
𓆩♡𓆪 enjoyed a delicious late night snack/very late dinner of chicken nuggets and fries. not the most nutritious meal haha, but it was tasty! ☺️
𓆩♡𓆪 this crazy little bug. 🖤
7857F59D-93A6-49B4-A3FD-C56301C1FABA.jpeg
0ADDFEC4-2D3C-4CE3-AD09-89ACD6D38D22.jpeg
𓆩♡𓆪 looking forward to the season of giving event quiz starting tomorrow! quizzes usually make me nervous lol, but the ones on tbt are always fun! i’m not sure how well i’ll do, but i’m ready to give it my best! 💪🏻
𓆩♡𓆪 continued watching the crown. i even got my mom to watch an episode with me!
𓆩♡𓆪 enjoyed some of the candy i received for christmas! despite getting pez candy in my stocking almost every year, i actually didn’t figure out how to properly open the packaging until today LOL. i’ve been stabbing it with scissors every year for 10+ years, when all i had to do was peel something to get it open. 😭 i’m feeling pretty silly lmao, but i’m happy i finally know how to properly open it now. 😅
𓆩♡𓆪 read a new fanfic i enjoyed! haven’t done as much reading the past couple days since i’ve been busy with all the holiday festivities, so it was nice to have something new to read today!

Today I'm happy because:

- The majority of my work day was pretty relaxed. I completed the most important tasks.
- I was able to take a walk on my morning break.
- I had a nice, quiet lunch break. The office was nearly empty.
- I finished placing my votes for all of the Season of Giving events. It was so hard to choose, though!
- I left work early and had a good massage therapy appointment. I didn't realize just how much I needed it.
- I made it to the post office in time to ship the Christmas gifts for my niece and nephews. I put a lot of time, thought, and money into them this year, so I really hope they love them.
- I finished wrapping the gifts for my in-laws. We're planning to see them tomorrow evening if everyone feels healthy.
- More progress on the bathroom! Two rows of tiles are up on the shower wall. They'll be working on tiling pretty much exclusively for the next few days.
- The ductwork they finished is really helping our attic feel better. I didn't have to turn on the space heater at all tonight.
- Tomorrow the quiz starts. I hope I'm able to help my team out some.

Work was so damn busy for the past three days but that would be an understatement. I’m happy because I managed to make it through those three days, especially since those were my long shifts.
I’ll see my favorite person tomorrow night. Y’all are probably sick of hearing about her, but she’s literally the best favorite person someone could have. It’s so nice to not feel like I’m a nuisance and she even finds my obsessive behaviors “endearing.”
Is this what love feels like? /rh
I did have to exchange the binder I received from gc2b for a size up. The measurements were correct but I had to get a size up because it wouldn’t fit over my chest area, lol. I’m happy that the exchange process was simple enough and my new one has already been shipped.
I decided to jump into battle mode on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe last night and I’m surprised with how well I did. On the previous version, I was sixth in the world to reach maximum BR. Battle mode changed a bit from the last game so I wasn’t sure how I would adapt, but I did very well!
I’m happy the Los Angeles Kings are playing decent hockey. It’s been disappointing the past few years but I’m confident going forward. They could even place first in the very weak Pacific Division.

Got to see new official art of some of my faves!!
Added a few more desktop wallpapers to my collection!
Played Wild World for a bit! I've already gotten some things I like for my house (even before I've collected all the basic tools ahaha), and it looks like Kabuki will be moving in tomorrow! ^^ I got some donations in to the Museum as well.
I played Lover Pretend again today too! It was such a good chapter; I was super tempted to keep playing, but I think I'm going to try to save the ending for tomorrow. ;v;
My family and I started watching Solidarity's Empires S2 series! We're caught up with all the other Minecrafters we usually watch, and we've been wanting to give his channel a try. My mom and I also watched some Youtube together later!
It was a little later than planned, but my mom and I finally baked and decorated some Christmas brownies! 🤎

*inhales deeply*

Today I'm happy because,

- I've given it a lot of thought and I will be returning to the forums to be active again after several weeks of inactivity. I don't think it's really a large break that I need anymore like I did in the past, so much as a month long break every now and then (and how could I come all this way NOT to make it to my 10 year TBT anniversary anyway?).

- Part of my house fell apart due to an accident, and I've been hit with a lot of expenses right at the end of the year. Yet oddly enough it's taken all of that plus some other things to really make me realize how much I was taking for granted before, and to not take ANYTHING for granted anymore. I didn't have the nicest Christmas because of it, but it was a special Christmas for me.

- I'm really glad that all my favorite sports teams have been winning lately, especially the Dallas Stars and Dallas Mavericks. The Stars are still in 1st in the NHL Central Division and Luka Doncic for the Mavs tallied the first 60 point 20 rebound 10 assist triple double in NBA history the other day. 🏒 🏀 🔥

- Work has been going really well for me lately and I realized that I'm very close to achieving 2 of my 3 dreams. If I'm able to achieve the third one, then I'll be able to realize my ultimate goal of giving back to others.

- Lastly, I'm thankful for all of you here at TBT and all the Christmas lights and gifts you all sent to me! I wish there was some way I could repay you all. I'm really looking forward to 2023. :giggle:

• Had a good Christmas :) On Christmas Eve I ordered pizza and watched movies at home. On Christmas day I baked 2 egg custard pies. This was my first time making egg custard pies. I feel like they came out okay considering I never did it before. I gave one to my sister when she came over and we exchanged gifts. She liked her gifts and texted me the following day saying she was really enjoying the pie and that it was really good. She got me a Fandango gift card, an UberEats gift card, and a nice journal.
  • I used the Fandango gift card to purchase two movie tickets for my friend and I to see the new Avatar movie at the movie theater tonight, so I'm looking forward to that
  • I had an appointment with my psychiatrist yesterday and got some clarification on my diagnosis and talked about some of my trauma from childhood. She said she was proud of me for finally talking about these things. She made a couple small med adustments to help me get through a rough patch I'm going through

Attachments

• eggcustard.jpg
    eggcustard.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 2
  • eggcustard2.jpg
    eggcustard2.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 2
Got my new english cocker spaniel plush soft toy in the mail (yes i have a dog soft toy problem i am aware lmao)! it's the faithful friends ones if you're interested, too lazy to put a pic rn lol

very cute lil bub, and i think this one colouration (golden) is my fave among these cocker spaniels!

I don’t think I’ve had a day this past month that has been good, something always happens to ruin it. With that being said, here are a few things recently that have made me happy.

• I used some of my Christmas money to buy some new books and stuffed animals
  • I’ve been a bit more active on Smule, and my singing voice has definitely improved. I want to start using it a lot again.
  • I’m happy some of the collectibles in my shop have sold, and I’ve done some trades and purchases from a few people that went well!
  • I was worried my writing was starting to go downhill, but my co-author for one of my books made a sweet comment on how they enjoyed my more recent work and how I’ve improved a lot, and it really helped my confidence
  • I’m thankful Christmas went well, and it’s a shame it had to end so soon
  • My cat. He’s so adorable

৶ꕤ७ someone very kindly gifted me a nitro basic subscription for discord! i had no idea you could do that haha, but it honestly made my day! it only lasts for a month, so i’ll make sure to get as much use out of it as i can!
৶ꕤ७ began working on the tbt season of giving 2022 quiz! i was only expecting the questions to be about the event, so i was surprised to see a few general tbt questions included, but i’ve been able to answer the majority of them so far! 🥳 just have #4 left to figure out, and i’ll be good to go! 💪🏻
৶ꕤ७ the bonky. 🖤
334F13A1-FDD6-40D7-8A5B-1E5B3BF02261.jpeg
৶ꕤ७ revamped my art thread on here a bit, and posted in it for the first time in months! i don’t make art much anymore nowadays, but still had some stuff i’ve made for tbt events + my avi and sig over the past several months i wanted to share. :’)
৶ꕤ७ continued watching the crown.
৶ꕤ७ threw out some garbage and tidied up my room a bit.
৶ꕤ७ read a new fanfic that i enjoyed.

Y’all are probably sick of hearing about her, but she’s literally the best favorite person someone could have. It’s so nice to not feel like I’m a nuisance and she even finds my obsessive behaviors “endearing.” Is this what love feels like? /rh
i never get tired of hearing about anyone or anything that makes someone happy.💙 so happy for you that you’ve found someone who understands you so well!

Played Wild World for a bit! I've already gotten some things I like for my house (even before I've collected all the basic tools ahaha), and it looks like Kabuki will be moving in tomorrow! ^^ I got some donations in to the Museum as well.
i hope you’re enjoying wild world so far! such an amazing game, it was actually my intro to the franchise! brings back so many warm feelings and nostalgia. 🥰

- I've given it a lot of thought and I will be returning to the forums to be active again after several weeks of inactivity. I don't think it's really a large break that I need anymore like I did in the past, so much as a month long break every now and then (and how could I come all this way NOT to make it to my 10 year TBT anniversary anyway?).
happy to see you back, friend! 🖤

On Christmas day I baked 2 egg custard pies. This was my first time making egg custard pies. I feel like they came out okay considering I never did it before.
i’ve never had an egg custard pie before, but those look absolutely delicious! looks like you did an incredible job with them!

Got my new english cocker spaniel plush soft toy in the mail (yes i have a dog soft toy problem i am aware lmao)! it's the faithful friends ones if you're interested, too lazy to put a pic rn lol

very cute lil bub, and i think this one colouration (golden) is my fave among these cocker spaniels!
there are definitely worse problems to have! haha i’d never seen a faithful friend soft toy before, but i googled them and they look adorable! can see why you like them so much. ☺️

Back