• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

Good to see you back, @Midoriya! I'm sorry to hear about your house. I'll hope you'll be able to get everything sorted out soon.

Today I'm happy because:
- I had another relatively quiet day at work and cleared some incidents out of my queue.
- Because things were so low-key at work, I was able to spend more time on the quiz.
- I think my team has done really well so far, just a couple more tricky questions to figure out.
- I took walks on both my morning and afternoon breaks and weighed myself. I had gained a few pounds since Thanksgiving, but now I'm starting to lose them again.
- All week I've seen dozens of crows hanging out in the trees or on the lawns around my office building. I love crows so any opportunity to watch them is exciting for me.
- I had my annual review today and my boss had nothing but high praise for the way I do my job. It's nice to know that other people recognize your efforts and this will reflect well when it comes time for raises next year.
- I got to leave work on time today.
- More tile went up on the shower walls! They're about 1/3 of the way complete now. Also, the old window that I never liked is gone now. There's just plywood there now, but the new window should be fitted in soon!
- Tomorrow is Friday and then it's the weekend! I'm so looking forward to a chance to relax and sleep in. Between work, the construction, and the holidays, I feel exhausted.

i hope you’re enjoying wild world so far! such an amazing game, it was actually my intro to the franchise! brings back so many warm feelings and nostalgia. 🥰
Thanks, I really am! ^^ I've been playing it pretty casually, but I can already see why it got a lot of people into AC. I've been hoping to check out some of the WW-exclusive events and such for a while now, just from the things I heard about it. Also I don't know if I'm just lucky, but all my villagers have been super nice to me so far ahaha ;w;

Woke up in a good mood and had quite a bit to be happy about today. ❤️
Had fun completing the Lost Bar quiz this morning! I've been enjoying the extra challenge of trying these quizzes solo.
Went out looking for some specific official art of one of my comfort characters in higher quality, and not only did I find it, I found some new official art in the process!!
I got through working on some more aesthetics for use on here! I'm uh, getting quite the backup reserve of these now 😅
Added yet more desktop wallpapers to my collection! I'm on a roll lately~
Finished Yukito's true ending in Lover Pretend! It was honestly so good aaaa—and I'm really glad I still have his other good ending left to play too. ;v; I was also pleasantly surprised by all the short stories that unlocked after finishing my first ending, so I'm looking forward to checking those out too.
My family and I watched another episode of Solidarity's Empires S2 series!
I also finished reading another chapter in the book I'm currently on! I didn't think I was progressing through it so quickly, but I'm already two-thirds of the way through by the looks of it.
And lastly, I made another rubber band bracelet this evening! I think I might make some more while I'm winding down for the evening. c:

-Falling in Reverse is having a concert very close to where I live at the beginning of next year, so I bought some tickets for that.
-I got to be lazy today. I watched Spirited Away and took a nice nap.
-Played Animal Crossing Wild World. I got a very um, "nice" letter from Eloise. She moved away and said she'll miss everyone except for me. What did I do? 😭
-Exercised for an hour or so.
-Did laundry and cleaned my room a bit.
-So many exciting things are coming up in 2023, so I'm happy it's almost New Year.

there are definitely worse problems to have! haha i’d never seen a faithful friend soft toy before, but i googled them and they look adorable! can see why you like them so much. ☺️
Haha, true that! Yeah they make really cute and affordable animal soft toys and since I can't have dogs of my own(I do not have that time and money for it, sadly) these are great! I do have a dorgi soft toy (named Candy after the late Queen's one) from the same brand and I hope I can get a corgi one as well! :blush:

- The Cowboys, Stars, and Mavericks all won last night. I thought at least one of them would lose, but nope. ⭐

- I'm excited to finish work today and then I get a three day weekend! :D

- I've been enjoying playing video games a lot more lately, and watching anime as well. 🎮

- I got donuts for breakfast as a special treat! 😋

৶ꕤ७ submitted my answers for the tbt season of giving 2022/end-of-year quiz!! i’m not confident in all of my answers, but i’m proud of how many i am confident in, especially since i did the quiz solo! i’ve done the last few tbt quizzes by myself, and i’m so happy with how well i’ve done so far! 🥳 i really need to stop doubting myself so much haha.
৶ꕤ७ tomorrow is new year’s eve!! i can’t believe 2022 is nearly over already — it’s been the longest and shortest year of my life. 😅 i’m very excited to see what 2023 will bring, i have a good feeling about it! i hope everyone has a great end of the year and that 2023 treats you well! you all deserve amazing things. <3
৶ꕤ७ picked up some alcoholic beverages to enjoy tomorrow night! haven’t had alcohol since last new year’s haha, so i’m excited!
৶ꕤ७ continued watching the crown. i’m nearly finished season 5!

Thanks, I really am! ^^ I've been playing it pretty casually, but I can already see why it got a lot of people into AC. I've been hoping to check out some of the WW-exclusive events and such for a while now, just from the things I heard about it. Also I don't know if I'm just lucky, but all my villagers have been super nice to me so far ahaha ;w;
love that for you, i’m so glad that you’re having fun with it! the wild world exclusive events are honestly so cute and a lot of fun, i hope you enjoy them once you experience them! the bright nights festival was always my favourite, though i’m still mad that i wasn’t able to display pretty lights on my own house. 🤣

My eyes were blessed with some truly incredible fanart of one of my favorite characters this morning 🥺💕
Played Pokémon HeartGold today! I got my new Hoppip on the same level as the rest of my party, filled out the Unown Report as much as I can at this point, and made progress towards the next area. c:
I ordered some Kamigami no Asobi artbooks with some of my Christmas spending money, and the first one arrived today! ;v; I got a really good deal on it too, and it was even in brand new condition.
My parents and I watched some Youtube videos, and we got a little more caught up with Solidarity's current Empires series!
I made another rubber band bracelet! Apparently my dad's students really seem to like these, so I'm hoping to have a reserve supply built up before school starts back ahahah.
And I played Pokémon Legends: Arceus this evening! ^^ I was able to recover a few player satchels and complete some more research tasks.

Today I'm happy because:

- I had another quiet day at work, no major disasters and very few interruptions.
- I got to take walks on both my morning and afternoon breaks.
- My team worked on the quiz some more and submitted our answers. There were only a few that gave us trouble.
- My dog was a really good boy overall today and was so excited to see me when I got home. He gave me lots and lots of kisses!
- It's Friday and I have the next three days off work. Can't wait to get some sleep and enjoy the long weekend!

Played Wii Sports baseball the other day and beat the champion, Sakura! It certainly wasn't an easy task, but it only took me an hour and about 30 restarts. (A heck of a lot better than last time - Beating Sakura took me days, many close games, probably hundreds of restarts, and a Wii Remote to the wall.)
IMG_20221226_205919.jpg

IMG_20221226_223523.jpg

Changed my signature yesterday! It's nothing super crazy or special, as it's just a screenshot from Wii Sports Resort Swordplay Showdown, but I like it a lot and it matches my avatar! I chose this specific picture because it looked nice and it has two of my favorite CPU Miis (Yoko and Sakura). ^^

I've been having fun playing around with collectibles and lineup ideas lately! I can finally see what the craze is all about, haha.

Watched a bit of South Park and Poofesure today! I'm on season three of SP and I've been rewatching Poofesure's Wii Sports Resort basketball videos.

My grandma bought us a bunch of Hershey's Kisses for New Year's! 🍫

Found a cool Camel by Camel remix! Apparently it's phonk (a subgenre of hip-hop and trap inspired by Memphis rap from the 90's, according to a quick Google search), and it sounds really cool! 🎵
I'm not going to directly post the link because of the thumbnail (one word: Ankha), but if you're really curious the remix is here on YouTube!

My dog being extra cute. <3
IMG_20221227_131105.jpg

IMG_20221227_131113.jpg

Last edited:
❤️I got a lot done today
🧡I got some more gifts from friends :D
💛2023 is starting soon!
💚Tomorrow I'm practicing for some upcoming concerts in the next few months and it'll be so fun
💙Got to play new leaf earlier today and I just fished a lot. It was so relaxing. Also Isabelle said I finally have a 100% approval rating so I'll be able to actually start doing some mayoral duties soon 😊
💜Gonna finish off that cheesecake I made last week 😍

Things obviously haven’t been the best over the last two days, but a few small things over the course of those two days made me happy. I wanted to not just vanish from this thread for a few days, lol.

Long story short, someone I thought thought highly of me made me feel like **** and my favorite person told me I’m perfect the way I am. I kept her up past midnight last night with my bull**** but that situation has been on my mind for over 24 hours. She just keeps me sane and I love it.
I’m literally obsessed with battle mode on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. On most occasions, I’ve been able to beat people with much higher BR than me due to being really good in the old version.
I have the next two days off to maybe feel a little better. The person is someone I have to see in at work on Monday, I’m pretty sure. I just hope it isn’t too draining.
I tried the new blue raspberry electric strawberry slush from Taco Bell and it was just as delicious as I’d imagined. I’m assuming it’s limited time which is a shame, but I’ll definitely have to get a few more before they’re gone. It’s probably my favorite slush of theirs by far.

Today I'm happy because I got a job! Actually happy isn't even the right word, I am perplexed, flabbergasted, in disbelief...

HR had told me that the results of the multiple-step selection process all the applicants participated in would be e-mailed on the 22nd, whether they were positive or negative. But, you know, the 22nd came and went... Christmas came and went... And, if at first the more time went by the more I realized how much I actually wanted the job, it came to a point where I had already settled with the fact that they would probably do like every other company I applied to this year and simply ghost me instead of doing me the decency of actually rejecting me.

To be honest, posting about it here was the only place that I allowed myself to be truly optimistic about the whole thing -- maybe because we don't really know each other so the stakes didn't feel as high... -- so... pretty much everywhere else I was trying to manifest "being cool" about it... Like, "Oh, yeah, it's fine if it doesn't work out" and "It's not like this is my dream or what I want to be doing on the long run..."

But, oh boy, I needed this. Financially, personally, emocionally, intelectually... Needed this. I cannot believe I got it.

So, today I wanted to say ✨thank you✨ to everyone who indulged my optimism here! Cynicism can feel like armor but hope is what's actually going to give you the courage to fight for the things you want.

Happy new year everybody!

🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟

Last edited:
Today I'm happy because I got a job! Actually happy isn't even the right word, I am perplexed, flabbergasted, in disbelief...

HR had told me that the results of the multiple-step selection process all the applicants participated in would be e-mailed on the 22nd, whether they were positive or negative. But, you know, the 22nd came and went... Christmas came and went... And, if at first the more time went by the more I realized how much I actually wanted the job, it came to a point where I had already settled with the fact that they would probably do like every other company I applied to this year and simply ghost me instead of doing me the decency of actually rejecting me.

To be honest, posting about it here was the only place that I allowed myself to be truly optimistic about the whole thing -- maybe because we don't really know each other so the stakes didn't feel as high... -- so... pretty much everywhere else I was trying to manifest "being cool" about it... Like, "Oh, yeah, it's fine if it doesn't work out" and "It's not like this is my dream or what I want to be doing on the long run..."

But, oh boy, I needed this. Financially, personally, emocionally, intelectually... Needed this. I cannot believe I got it.

So, today I wanted to say ✨thank you✨ to everyone who indulged my optimism here! Cynicism can feel like armor but hope is what's actually going to give you the courage to fight for the things you want.

Happy new year everybody!

🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟

Congratulations! 🥳🎉🌟🎉 This is such great news. I hope this job is amazing for you! What a great way to start the new year! 😊🎉

Happy new year everyone!

Happy New Year! 🥳🎉

Today I'm happy because I got a job!
Congrats!! I'm so glad you made it! 🥳
Cynicism can feel like armor but hope is what's actually going to give you the courage to fight for the things you want.
By the way, this is totally unrelated, but this is such a good inspirational quote ❤️

Again great job! Hope you are provided many more opportunities this coming year.

Played Wii Sports baseball the other day and beat the champion, Sakura! It certainly wasn't an easy task, but it only took me an hour and about 30 restarts. (A heck of a lot better than last time - Beating Sakura took me days, many close games, probably hundreds of restarts, and a Wii Remote to the wall.)
30 restarts lmao Sakura really is a beast isn't she
I miss my sakura avatar lol gonna have to find a new one

had a pretty awful day today bc I've already been annoyed but my boss decided to pull some BS that really ticked me off, BUT I do have one big thing I'm really excited about! my mom gave me some spending money for Christmas and she said I could buy the game I had been talking abt for a bit (being Mario Kart 8 Deluxe). but after careful consideration I decided to hold off on MK8D in favor of getting a copy of Wii Sports Resort and *drumroll* a Mario Wii Remote with Wii Motion Plus inside!
s-l650.jpg

despite owning a Wii since 2008 I have not only never played or owned Wii Sports Resort, but I also have never owned a Wii Remote that is capable of Wii Motion Plus at all (including the add-on, bc I've never owned a game that required it to play). so once I receive the game and the remote I'll finally be able to play it for myself! I can't wait to not blame all my problems on the mario wii remote with wii motion plus inside, unlike poofesure who has prob broken like 17 toad wii remotes bc the reason he messes up so much is def bc the remotes suck and not bc he sucks lmaoooo

and ofc I'm still expecting my order from Nintendo to come in the mail, which includes the Waluigi baseball cap and a 3-year journal with Super Mario related prompts to write each day! 💖

I really hope tomorrow goes better for me. almost wish I didn't have to go into work, but I know I need $$$ and I also need to get my check. hoping to get some much needed cleaning done after work :)

edit: almost forgot to mention but the color of the accents on the forum has changed to purple and I am OBSESSED 😵💜

happy new year’s eve, friends! it’s been so wonderful reading all the posts in here and sharing the forums with you incredible people this year. 💖 it’s honestly been a mostly **** year for me, but you all made it so much better just by posting and being your amazing selves. you all give me hope. i know this year hasn’t been easy for a lot of you, either, but i hope 2023 is a safe, kind, blessed year for all of you. i’m rooting for you always. <3

৶ꕤ७ i can’t believe i’m saying this, but i came in top 8 for the “holiday snowscape”, “lyrical limericks” and “tiny toy jamboree” events??!? 😭 just making it to 4/5 of the polls was insane, but the fact that i actually won?? 3 times?? i’ve been in shock all day, i truly have no words. i can’t believe i own a special snowflake now omg. it’s always felt like one of those unobtainable collectibles because i just don’t win things, so i’m... :’) wow. idk what i did to deserve this year ending on such an amazing note, but i’m so grateful. i will look at my pretty new snowflake every time i’m having a bad day and cherish it always. ❄️🖤
৶ꕤ७ i’m also so happy that staff re-released the tortimer collectible!! he was one of the 2 character collectibles i’m missing, i’m so happy to own one now! now i just need coco and the gang’ll all be here! ☺️
৶ꕤ७ got 26/30 marks on the tbt season of giving/end-of-year quiz!! 🥳 i’m happy with how well i did, and i’m grateful i earned that 1 last choco coin so that i can buy a hanukkah candy for myself!
৶ꕤ७ this whiny little baby. 🖤🖤
ADBA7867-EC58-469C-A4A8-8D5DDDE3278D.jpeg
৶ꕤ७ took a nice shower and washed my hair! my hygiene’s really suffered after my injury, so i definitely won’t take being able to take showers for granted ever again haha. happy to be going into the new year clean!
৶ꕤ७ changed my aesthetic! i was gonna wait until monday when the holidays are officially over, but i couldn’t wait haha. i’m waiting until i receive my special snowflake to change my lineup, but i’m liking my new aesthetic so far!!
৶ꕤ७ continued watching the crown.
৶ꕤ७ read a new fanfic that i enjoyed.

gonna go watch movies with my mom and take shots now, see ya’ll next year! 🎉 just so you all know, i did cringe writing that LOL.

My dog being extra cute. <3
please give shadow a kiss and lots of pets for me. 🥺🖤 such a cutie!

oh my god, that’s amazing!! i’m so happy for you, congratulations! i’ve been hoping that you’d get it, but i didn’t want to ask in case you hadn’t heard back yet or didn’t get it, so this has honestly made my day as well. <33 congrats again!!

Happy new year everyone!
happy new year, sophie! 🖤

Back