• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

I am happy Christmas is done. Tomorrow is a busy day with helping some people, and there is a casual new years visit/thing with some family but nothing holiday-ish. Oddly enough I feel like I can finally put my Christmas decorations out that I have procrastinated doing for weeks. Is it weird to put that stuff out in my house now? Maybe. But I am happy to do it now which I guess is all that matters. So Monday, I will. :) And it probably will stay up until Valentines Day.
Tomorrow we get to sleep in a bit because a thing got canceled which made our "have to arrive" later. We would not go to the thing normally, but because of when they want us to be there for stuff we are helping them with, we generally have to be there really early. I actually kind of hate it because I am not a social person in general + being really tired at the same time. So tomorrow, we sleep in a little! Yay!
I have cookies... these cookies that are made out of these fried noodle things and melted chocolate. They are horrible for you. I probably shouldn't have them.. but were gifted to us and they are yummy.
I am also happy that, at least the people in my life, have generally decided to be kinder as they got older. Like I am glad things kinda sunk in. They aren't perfect ( and no one is ) but I guess I am glad to see the change. There is some effort or wanting and it is good.

-I'm happy that I joined this forum. I'm not particularly close with anybody, but I love seeing all of you around! You're all so kind and make my days less boring. I'm honored to say I'm a member of this forum. I hope in 2023 I can make a few close friends here! Happy New Year everyone!
-I've started playing Minecraft for the first time in ages.
-I helped my family make New Year's Eve dinner.
-It was 63° today, which was very shocking! Just last week, it was 8°. I got to walk around and ride our four-wheeler for a while. My cats were fond of the warm weather.
৶ꕤ७ i can’t believe i’m saying this, but i came in top 8 for the “holiday snowscape”, “lyrical limericks” and “tiny toy jamboree” events??!? 😭 just making it to 4/5 of the polls was insane, but the fact that i actually won?? 3 times?? i’ve been in shock all day, i truly have no words. i can’t believe i own a special snowflake now omg. it’s always felt like one of those unobtainable collectibles because i just don’t win things, so i’m... :’) wow. idk what i did to deserve this year ending on such an amazing note, but i’m so grateful. i will look at my pretty new snowflake every time i’m having a bad day and cherish it always. ❄️🖤
Congratulations! 🥳🎉 It was very well-deserved. I thought all of your entries were amazing!

Today I'm happy because I got a job! Actually happy isn't even the right word, I am perplexed, flabbergasted, in disbelief...
That's awesome for you!! Congratulations! 🎉🖤

I won a Christmas Gold Candy in the raffle!! I was already ecstatic enough winning a Tetris Grid in the 12DoC event, I can't believe I won another amazing collectible!! 🥇🍬

I'm so happy that some of my TBT friends won in the Season of Giving's events! Congrats to all the winners! 😊❄️

Played AC:NH today, I'm hoping that I'll get to play more often! I also watched some Poofesure in the background while crafting fish bait. ^^

I'm loving the new purple accents on the forum - Purple is my favorite color, and it's such a lovely shade, too! 💜

Happy new year, here's hoping that everyone's 2023 will be fantastic! 🎉

Oh my gosh I'm so happy to hear this!!! I'll admit it, I actually squealed excitedly while reading your post. 😭 Wii Sports Resort is a super fun game, I hope you enjoy it once you get it!! 💙
The Mario-themed Wii Remotes (with Wii MotionPlus inside) are awesome, so happy you're getting one too!!

Congrats again on your win, xara!! The Special Snowflake collectible looks absolutely stunning!! 🤩❄️

- I got to sleep in today.

- Having fun playing Pokemon more again.

- @Foreverfox The Dallas MAVERICKS beat the San Antonio Spurs 126-125 thanks to another 50 point game by Luka Doncic. He really be putting up those video game numbers. 🎮

- I'm excited for the first time in awhile for the new year to start. I have a lot to prove this coming year, and a lot of things going my way. I am a bit sad that I missed out on TBT's Christmas event, but I'm glad everyone else had fun. Happy New Year, everyone! 🎊

- I got to sleep in today.

- Having fun playing Pokemon more again.

- @Foreverfox The Dallas MAVERICKS beat the San Antonio Spurs 126-125 thanks to another 50 point game by Luka Doncic. He really be putting up those video game numbers. 🎮

- I'm excited for the first time in awhile for the new year to start. I have a lot to prove this coming year, and a lot of things going my way. I am a bit sad that I missed out on TBT's Christmas event, but I'm glad everyone else had fun. Happy New Year, everyone! 🎊
YESSS!! That certainly makes up for my Michigan CFP semifinal loss. It was painful 😂

I planned on having a few days off for Christmas but it didn't happen lol. So I actually have off tomorrow and I am going to sleep in (my sleeping in is not waking up at 2am for work) And I made myself a cheese ball and I'm going to eat it with some crackers tonight. Honestly not all that amazing, but I don't have work and I can do whatever I want.

I'm excited for the new year even though I have to go to work on New Year's Day. It'll be ok. It means I'll be earning lots of money this year 🤣

I also got another Christmas present today that my mom forgot to give to me on Christmas. It's ok, I've been enjoying it a lot (it was a cute hat) today.

Im also happy I got to spend time with family/friends recently and even more this coming week. Especially Sofia who has been especially sweet and cute over the past few days.
609D1220-7CE5-45C0-871D-C414D744685C.jpeg

Plus I had tons of time to play on the ol 'DS. New Leaf is so much fun, I haven't played Animal Crossing, City Folk, or even New Horizons in several days because New Leaf absolutely takes the cake.
I wasn't kidding when I said it's the best Animal Crossing game in terms of features and I hadn't even played it yet.

Man, I'm just rolling in Bells right now because of Tortimer Island and Reese. There's so much to do and to unlock. Great plot. Music is beautiful (even though it can get repetitive and annoying but I like it better than NH). And best of all it is like the offspring of CF and NH because it has alright graphics and conveniences such as more storage and being able to hold a net while shaking a tree and fishing doesn't suck (NH) AND tools don't take up space in your hand and music is awesome and it has similar shopping district to (CF). It has an interesting role for Tom Nook and incentives (meow coupons- I've played welcome amiibo) like in NH. But there's more structure and roles for old NPCs like in CF.

There's also tons of new interesting features that only really show up in NL (and never even came back to NH) such as the whole snow family. The town tree. You being mayor and not just a representative! And Leif's own shop. And Labelle's own shop. And the return of Pelly, Pete and Phyllis who never came back to NH for whatever reason. And Porter. And Main Street. And Tortimer Island (well we got some of this in NH with the Mystery Tours and Kapp'n's Tours but they are not nearly as op as TI.)
I just really love New Leaf man.

Last edited:
✨💙My highlights of 2022💙✨
Well then, as 2022 is about to wrap out, I guess I should make a post in this thread about what I’m happy about this entire year. Now, let’s see if I can remember all my highlights of 2022. It’s gonna be pretty long, so buckle up your seatbelts lol.

January
  • At the beginning of 2022, I was gifted a PS4 and GT Sport from my dad! It took me some time to download all the updates, but once I did, I was pretty much all good to go. Anyways, I still remember crashing into a wall after going through one corner on a track lol. Not only did I get a refreshing experience of driving and discovering more relaxing soundtracks to listen to, but it also opened up a whole new avenue when it comes to designing custom liveries, especially when I made some decals myself over at Inkscape to be uploaded in the game. Actually, if it weren’t for GT Sport, I don’t think I would’ve gained some skill using that software via tutorials plus experimenting, and I’m very happy about that too. The best part is that I got to import those liveries over to Gran Turismo 7 saving me from having to redo them, which I will talk about it later in the post. 🙂

• There was a huge snowstorm sometime in January and I hadn’t experienced anything like it since I was a young child. Anyways, the snow reached up to my knees and I took quite a lot of pictures with my mother and sister just enjoying it. Admittedly, my dad just had to go somewhere, so it was quite eventful trying to push the car out of the driveway LOL. The car probably redlined too oops. But aside from that, I was just cozied up indoors while making a livery in GT Sport later that evening.

• This is kind of a weird point, but I felt very sick later on in the month that lasted for a couple of weeks (which I have a suspicious feeling was covid). One thing that took my mind off of it was when @/Mairmalade organized a Smash Bros. friendlies session that day and decided to leave the Switch in the background hearing everyone who participated duking it out. That's right, @/Midoriya, I still remember you spamming prominence revolt to no end, but it genuinely helped me feel a little better. 😂 In case you're wondering, I made a full recovery from the sickness!
March
  • Getting Gran Turismo 7 on release day which was on March 4, 2022. I remember being so excited leading up to the release as I am a huge fan of the series for pretty much my whole life. I will say, however, that things didn’t fare too well for the game a couple of weeks after release to the point I didn’t touch the game for nearly a month. I won’t go into detail about the drama that happened (it's a long story), but it did make me very sad at the time. Fortunately, things improved for the better (even if it was small steps at a time) and I’ve just been playing the game since. Appreciating the cars in the game, discovering even more soundtracks to listen to, taking advantage of a glitch (that was eventually patched out) that allowed me to have fun with silly engine swaps, golding licences, missions and circuit experiences, driving on tracks that are both returning and new to the series, doing silly custom races, and just generally enjoying it as a person who likes cars gave me quite a lot of entertainment (as if my posts throughout the year didn’t tell you that lol). Here are some of the custom liveries I made in GT Sport and Gran Turismo 7 throughout the year that mostly contain my custom decals! I will never get tired of seeing stuff that I made on my own and applying them to cars.
Car pictured here is the 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991).
Paddock_.jpeg

The two cars pictured here from left to right are the 1992 Honda NSX Type R and the 2002 Honda NSX Type R.
Ingolstadt__8.jpeg

And of course, how could I forget the 1999 Honda S2000 my dream car?
Tsumago-juku_.jpeg

You may remember a livery on a Volkswagen Beetle Gr.3 that I made for @/xSuperMario64x, but those images are in a separate point. 👀
April
  • The TBT Egg Hunt… Oh dear, I remember all of us on here trying to solve egg #6. That was so evil finding it as it only appeared at a certain time (I think it was somewhere around 4 in the morning?!?). Really glad that we managed to solve it eventually lol. Aside from that, I really loved how this event allowed the TBT community to work as a team to solve the clues. I’m not really good at solving clues even when I tried my hardest, so I’m very thankful for that haha.

• Played Metroid Dread and completed it in its entirety. It was another game that I got at the beginning of 2022 and as a person who’s new to the series and tried out the older games on Nintendo Switch Online (back when I had an active membership), I enjoyed the game a lot, even though it was testing my reflexes every now and then lol.
May
  • Feel free to skip this point. I still remember the time in late May when I had to take my sister to her dentist appointment and spotted a few cars that made me extremely happy. This would not be possible if they hadn’t rebooked my sister’s appointment a few hours earlier than the original time. Anyway, the cars that I recognized were the fifth-generation Dodge Viper, the 2017 Ford GT, the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren, the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, and the 2017 Alpine A110! I almost wanted to shed some tears while I was there witnessing those awesome cars. 😅
June
  • The TBT Celebrating Diversity event was held in June and everyone who participated in it designed their own animal villagers based on themselves. I still remember a lot of the designs people made. I don’t know about you guys, but I personally think that it’s the best event for me in 2022 (with the TBT Fair coming a close second!) reading the entries and designing my own villager, Pag-asa. It’s really nice seeing the villager designs that people came up with and reading all the stuff they typed down. It made me happy that @/Midoriya (who drew Tazan), @/xSuperMario64x (who drew Sterling), and @/Roxxy (who drew Kylie & Kodie) participated in this event as well, which sparked a few drawing ideas down the line incorporating our villagers! I’ll admit, it also made me very happy to see @/skarmoury’s entry (who drew Bun Bun) knowing that I’m not the only person with a Filipino background on TBT hehe. Trying to draw a Philippine Eagle in AC style was quite a fun challenge for me, and I loved how he turned out. While he was originally created for this event, I often find myself wanting to draw Pag-asa more throughout the year while making some minor changes to his design. Needless to say, it’s very likely that you’ll still see the silly birb around the forums in the future because why not lol. It makes me happy to look at the villager I created. One thing that really opened up my eyes is that our life experiences and struggles are also important. Not just our ethnicity. 💙
Silly birb.PNG

And here's his most recent design. :)
Silly birb 2.PNG
July
  • Nothing much, but being able to go for a walk multiple times during the month of July. A lot of the time, the sunny weather made it a pleasant experience for me. And this was before the temperatures were getting a little too hot, so I was just enjoying it!

August
  • Staying on the topic of forum events, the TBT Fair had an enchanted forest theme! I really loved the activities and other stuff that had to go on which heavily gave me The Legend of Zelda - Minish Cap vibes! Definitely one of my favourite events that I participated in on TBT and enjoying the activities I participated in. One of my favourite activities was coming up with a caption for images containing those gnomes and reading what others have come up with. We all know that the rebel gnome has been immortalized into a collectible and that’s pretty funny lol. I’m very thankful for the staff that organizes all of these forum events in the past, present, and future. I can’t imagine the amount of work that’s been poured into them! Another highlight of TBT Fair for me is getting the enchanted bloom collectible. I did not see that coming as I never expected any of my entries to be nominated. Who knew that dressing up as Steve from Blue's Clues and repping for the TBTWC 2021 team after all this time would lead to a staff nomination?
1672541996765.png
  • Going karting after I hadn’t done so in years. I absolutely love the exciting experience of feeling all the bumps on the track and the butt-clenching g-forces throwing the kart into corners. I felt tired after, but definitely something that I’ll remember for a very long time in my life. I want to do this more often!

• If you frequent this thread, you may remember seeing multiple posts on this thread of me mentioning my “art project” as I kept calling it before revealing what it is. From mid-March to late August, I was working on an ambitious car livery on a Volkswagen Beetle Gr.3 for @/xSuperMario64x after he told me about the existence of Beetle Adventure Racing, which sparked the idea in the first place. I’ve sunk in so many hours doing drawings and tracing them over in Inkscape so they could be used as decals in Gran Turismo 7, along with other miscellaneous stuff that I wanted to put in. Most of them contain his OCs and plushies which helped me improve my drawing skills in quite a few areas throughout the year. This car livery brought another thing too, and that’s a strong friendship with Bug. I’ve come to know him better since then, and I’m really glad to have made a positive impact on him which touches my heart. I don’t know if you’re reading this my friend, but I appreciate the extreme amount of patience that took me months to complete (plus keeping it a surprise from others here on TBT!) and know that you are deserving of love and respect in every capacity as a human being. 💛💜 To think all of this happened just because of a particular video game I never heard of before… Is an amazing thing that happened in the first place. We’ve been keeping in touch since over on discord talking about stuff and getting laughs out of it too making for some good out-of-context quotes thread material lol.
You see all these drawings of Bug's OCs and plushies? I drew all of them, and it never fails to make me smile looking at this livery while showcasing improvement in my drawings over time. 😊
Ingolstadt__7.jpeg

Ingolstadt__6.jpeg
September
  • Going to a fair that my sister and I went to. I initially didn't want to go, but my dad insisted that I should since he bought two admission tickets. Long story short, my sister and I enjoyed going on various rides, eating some food, checking out some stuff in a building and doing very sloppy driving in F1 22 using a wheel and pedals, and just making memories.
November
  • Getting around to watching Sailor Moon for the very first time after a drawing I made. I enjoyed watching all the episodes and even completed the first season! But most importantly, I got to watch them with my sister which made for some good bonding time, laughing together at the funny moments as they happen (I probably sounded like a kettle a few times lol).
December
  • Participating in the TBT Winter event even though I joined halfway through. I still got some fun out of it making a couple of entries and being able to gift collectibles to my friends and a few others. 💙

• Participating in the secret Santa drawing of 2022 that was organized by @/Balverine. I still very much appreciate that @/Flicky loved the drawing I made for him containing his pink feline OC. And to finish it with a cherry on top, @/jadetine was the one who did my request for my animal villager and dream car, and she did an amazing job with the drawing! It’s really beautiful. Actually, it felt pretty wholesome looking at all the other drawings that other people had made. 🥺
Stuff that happened throughout the year
  • Watching the 2022 Formula 1 season throughout the year! While it may not be dramatic as the 2021 season, there were still some races that produced some great battles.
  • Feel free to skip this very lengthy point. Oh no, here it is again lol. If you read any of my posts in this thread throughout 2022, you may have occasionally seen me mention about the cars I've seen out on the roads. While I actually spotted fewer cars compared to 2021, the different kinds I saw absolutely blows it out of the water. It’s really great seeing the likes of a Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 C7, a Nissan Figaro, a 1970 Plymouth AAR Cuda, and a Ferrari F8 Tributo on the roads, but if you’re wondering which car absolutely comes out on top, it’s no doubt the Suzuki Cappuccino. It’s small, quirky, and mainly sold for the Japanese, so it pleasantly surprised me to the point of almost breaking into tears (silly I know) seeing it here in Canada which was most likely imported. I don’t think words can’t describe how happy it makes me seeing these awesome cars in real life since I usually see only them in video games. For those who are really curious as to all the cars I’ve spotted in 2022 (I excluded the ones that I originally saw in 2021), they’re hidden away in the spoiler below. I will warn you, though, that 74 cars are a lot. You may be surprised by a few cars that actually appeared in the Gran Turismo series at one point!
The ‘*’ indicates the appearance (or similar) in the Gran Turismo series.
  1. Jaguar XJ8
  2. 2012 Tesla Model S*
  3. Lamborghini Urus
  4. Audi R8 (First Generation)*
  5. Jaguar F-Type*
  6. Chevrolet Camaro (Fourth Generation)*
  7. Chevrolet Camaro (Third Generation)*
  8. Subaru WRX STI (Fourth Generation)*
  9. Chevrolet Cavalier (First Generation)
  10. 2005 Chrysler 300C*
  11. 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder*
  12. Honda Insight (First Generation)*
  13. 2022 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD Premium Package*
  14. MGA
  15. 2018 Ford Focus RS*
  16. Dodge Viper SRT-10 (Third Generation)*
  17. Nissan 240 SX (Nissan 180SX in Japan)*
  18. Ferrari F12 Berlinetta*
  19. 2014 BMW M4 Coupe*
  20. Ford Mustang GT (First Generation)
  21. 2011 Toyota Prius C (Toyota Aqua)*
  22. Lexus LC 500*
  23. 2017 Fiat 124 Spider
  24. 1979 Fiat 124 Spider
  25. Volkswagen Karmann Ghia*
  26. Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet (964)*
  27. 2010 Jaguar XKR Coupe*
  28. 1969 Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.3
  29. 1970 Plymouth AAR Cuda*
  30. 2008 Tesla Roadster*
  31. Toyota GR86*
  32. Karma Revero
  33. 2015 Mercedes-AMG GT S*
  34. Lexus SC 430*
  35. Nissan Figaro
  36. Hyundai Tiburon GT*
  37. Ferrari F430*
  38. Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1*
  39. Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren*
  40. Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG*
  41. Dodge Viper (Fifth Generation)*
  42. 2017 Alpine A110*
  43. 2017 Ford GT*
  44. 2022 Subaru BRZ*
  45. Volkswagen Golf GTI Mk7*
  46. MINI Cooper (Classic model)*
  47. Suzuki Cappuccino*
  48. 2019 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro*
  49. McLaren MP4-12C*
  50. Toyota MR2 (Second Generation)*
  51. Ferrari 458 Italia*
  52. Alfa Romeo 4C*
  53. Datsun 240Z (Nissan 240Z)*
  54. Chrysler Crossfire*
  55. 2013 Ford Focus ST*
  56. Volkswagen Golf GTI Mk5*
  57. Toyota Supra Mk4*
  58. Alfa Romeo 147 GTA*
  59. 2015 Ford Focus ST*
  60. Ferrari F8 Tributo*
  61. Ferrari 308*
  62. Porsche 911 Cabriolet (993)
  63. DMC Delorean*
  64. Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE*
  65. Dodge Viper GTS (Second Generation)*
  66. Eagle Talon ESi*
  67. Porsche 911 Turbo (930)*
  68. Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4*
  69. Alfa Romeo GTV*
  70. 2008 Maserati GranTurismo S*
  71. Toyota Prius (Third Generation)*
  72. Jaguar S-Type R*
  73. Nissan Stagea RS Four*
  74. Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4*
The number of cars I spotted in 2022 that appeared in the Gran Turismo series is 63!
  • Reading the posts in this thread throughout the year. It’s always awesome seeing the stuff that makes people happy, big or small. And the others who frequently post here too. I could almost recognize who wrote it if you were to hide the signature, profile pic, and username of that person. It’s always worth mentioning the happy stuff in this thread because things can get tough in life, so we should make those moments count that brings a bit of happiness even for a little bit.
  • Ultimately, what makes me really happy is being alive and able to experience what has happened in my life this year, both bad and good. ☺️
Aaaaaaaaanyway, that’s definitely the most gigantic post I’ve written in this thread lol. If you were somehow able to read everything, you deserve a huge round of applause and a slice of cake. It may have also given you a bit of nostalgia on a few of these points, especially the TBT events. Happy new year, and I look forward to seeing you all in 2023!✨ 🥳💙

@river Congrats on your new job! I hope you get to grow and learn and enjoy you role for many years to come. ❤️

@xara Congrats on your Special Snowflake! You totally deserved it. I especially loved your Tiny Toy Jamboree entry. 🖤

@Shellzilla_515 Wow! That was a lengthy read, but I finished every word. (Ok, maybe I only skimmed through the car list.) It's so nice to see how many things have made you happy all year long. I agree that it always makes me happy to come here and see everyone's posts. It's really helped me a lot through the last few years to try to find something, no matter how big or small, that made me happy every day. It's given me a slightly more positive outlook, even when things are down. I hope to continue to see yours and everyone else's post in 2023! 💙

Today I'm happy because:
- I got to sleep late.
- I didn't have to work today.
- I got a break from construction and didn't have to put my dog in his crate.
- My team got 27/30 answers correct in the Lost Bar Quiz! One of my teammates won the Special Snowflake raffle!
- I earned enough Chocolate Coins thanks to the quiz to afford a second Hanukkah Candy. I'll buy it on New Year's Day.
- I was feeling sluggish all day because it was raining, so I was happy I didn't have anything to do or anywhere to go.
- I spent some quality time with my husband and my dog. My dog snuggled with me on the couch.
- I played some more Lonesome Village and rescued a couple of villagers.
- I finished season 1 of Raven of the Inner Palace.
- I took a 'bath' and washed my hair tonight, then put on some fresh pajamas, so I'm feeling cleaner.
- I get to sleep in again tomorrow.
- Tomorrow (technically today since it just passed midnight) is my dog's 7th birthday. I hope I can make it a special day for him! 💖
- 2022 is ending and I'm going into 2023 hopeful that it will be a better year. 2022 was already an improvement over 2020 and 2021, so I hope the trend will continue. Happy New Year to everyone on TBT! Wishing you all the best in the new year! 🎊

I know I just posted, but my best friend of five years just sent me a heartfelt message about how he's so lucky to have me in his life and hopes I am for many more years to come. I'm in literal tears. I couldn't have asked for a sweeter best friend. He's been with me through so much for so long, and I'm grateful to have him. He made my 2023 amazing already. Words can't express how much he means to me, and I hope we're in each other's lives for a very long time. 🥺🖤

Congrats on getting the job @river!!! 🥳🎉 I'm so happy for you, I hope you have a blast with it!!

Had a slightly-belated Christmas celebration with my grandparents, and it went a lot smoother than I thought it would! I got some really neat presents, and they seemed to love theirs too! ^^ Amongst other things I got some nice teas, so I've been enjoying those this evening.
Came home to find that the new Slime Rancher plushes I ordered with some of my Christmas money had arrived (now I have Cotton, Batty, and Angler friends to keep me company until I get to play SR2!), and that I'd won a Special Snowflake for my Christmas Countdown entry!!! ;v; So many of my collectible dreams have come true recently and I'm just so incredibly thrilled aaaaaa
I got to see some new official artwork of a couple of my faves!! Small and low-res, yeah, but it's cute art anyway ahahaha 🥰

I hope everyone stays safe and has a great 2023!! 🎆

Yesterday I worked on my island. - new areas!

I didn’t know what to do with my museum building so I’m using it for the Reptile House like they have at London zoo so I’m doing a London zoo area.

And I’ve started and finished the Burrow - The Weasley’s house

So I think I’ll continue working on those areas later today

Today I’m just happy it’s a fresh new year and my nephew will be born this year :)

Last edited:
A little lame but I am happy that I get to receive birthday wishes on this forum every year, it's fun to see my profile page mostly filled with them since I don't spend that much time on the forum through the year. It makes me very happy that I'm growing and evolving with this place >v<

My partner and I hosted a Hogmanay party with four of our close friends last night. 🥳
  • Took this photo before the good wine and fancy cheese spread came out, oops! There was also homemade sachertorte topped with strawberries and cream. Unconventional but very good!
20221231_192157.jpg
  • I beat three of my mates in the Crossing Cup in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe at exactly 11:59PM. We had just enough time to open a bottle of fizz before it hit midnight. And, a nice little surprise we weren't expecting, was that from where we were—the apartment is on the 7th & 8th floors and has window walls—we had an incredible view of a fireworks display! 🥂
  • One of our guests stayed the night and when I went downstairs to make lunch 20 minutes ago I found he'd cooked up French toast and samosas and left them for us before leaving. 😯

Had a good New Year's Eve night together with a couple of friends at one of their places!:D

Got a decent Party Hat Gengar in PoGo, as well as a couple of nice Reshirams...need one of the latter shiny though, it's so pretty *_*

Got an avatar I wanted on Neopets today! (one of those randoms that takes 1 month for some and 13 years for others like me haha).

Last night was quiet - just the kitties and me, which was nice.

Just realized that the trip I've been planning for months to see my brothers is now almost here. 3 weeks. Funny how it creeps up on you.

I get to start using my new planner/calendar today. Most pre-made ones don't fit my needs, so I've been making my own. Time to start filling it in.

Work is closed, so an extra day off. I'm going to be sort of lazy, I think.

I've gotta be honest, I've been really suffering and distracted these past few days. My infection/whatever was wrong with me just wasn't getting better. But I've actually begun to feel better today. I was having trouble sleeping due to extreme anxiety and feeling uncomfy, but I managed to sleep 10 hours today 😅 Watching the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya helped destress me a lot, it's a good movie!

My mum made a chickpea korma for a New Year's Dinner! <3 I had some nice garlic naan and onion bhajis with it.

We're going shopping tomorrow morning so I can buy some stuff for my trip (I'm flying out early next week) and exchange money for euros, plus my mum wants to buy a winter coat lol. And we also plan to have brunch together.

Back