• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

Today ended up actually being a pretty good day.

- The weather outside was the perfect temperature with a nice breeze.

- I finished work for the week and get five days off in a row. Extended weekend here I come!

- I managed to finish getting all of my team members in Pokemon Scarlet to level 100 thanks to doing raids. Also going to go shiny hunting again soon (probably Scatterbug first)!

- My partner was really sweet to me.

- My kitty ended up sleeping on my bed.

- I have a couple important things I plan on getting done during my break, one of them being critical for my future.

I believe this is what is called a reversal of fortunes. :giggle:

happy friday, dear friends! i hope you all have a wonderful weekend! ☺️💖

৶ꕤ७ took a lovely shower, washed my hair, and did some other hygiene/self-care stuff today! i’ve been feeling kinda low the past few days, but taking care of myself always helps me feel a bit better. :’) feels good to be clean!
৶ꕤ७ cleaned out my phone’s camera roll a bit. i haven’t gone through my camera roll in so long that there was stuff in there i didn’t even remember having lol. didn’t get rid of too much, but i’m happy that my camera roll’s not so cluttered now!
৶ꕤ७ continued watching season 2 of ginny and georgia!
৶ꕤ७ read a new fanfic that i enjoyed.

Thanks to a very kind angel here on TBT Forums I was able to get a Mom's Plush yesterday (and create an epic line-up!) ❤️ 😭 So grateful, always ❤️
man, i was just thinking yesterday how pretty your lineup was when i first saw it, but i didn’t even notice the mom’s plush LOL. congrats on finally getting it!! your lineup really is so pretty; love the kitty and dog plush combo, and wands always make any lineup pop! 🤩🎉

I'm happy today because I found audiobooks for the Little House on the Prairie series, which I used to read a lot as a kid and loved. I couldn't find the physical old-fashioned copies that my mom had but I'm happy that at least Little House in the Big Woods was available.

It makes me kind of wish I was a kid again so that my mom would sit next to me and read it to me, but the recording is an OK replacement.

I'm feeling a lot better today too. I don't have as much body aches or high fever, and my throat feels a little better. I think listening to the description of the Ingalls' cabin, warmed by a large fire and protecting against the blistering winds outside; with Jack the big black dog lying on the wooden floor, Ma sewing, Pa fiddling, and the young girls listening intently; helped my recovery a lot.
I loved reading the Little House on the Prairie books when I was growing up. So nostalgic. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Today I'm happy because:
- I'm starting to feel better. My throat didn't feel nearly as bad this morning when I woke up and, other than one particularly terrible coughing fit during a meeting at work, I haven't been coughing as much.
- I completed my most important work tasks and crossed a few things off my personal to-do list.
- Our new bathroom window is in and the majority of the walls are ready to be primed and painted. They'll finish the wall prep tomorrow.
- The contractor said he wouldn't be coming until lunchtime tomorrow, so I get to sleep in!!!
- We visited the in-laws tonight and had a very late Christmas with them. They seemed to really love their presents, but most importantly I'm glad that they're finally feeling better.
- I found out that my 13 year old nephew went on his very first date. They really do grow up so fast.
- I had a veggie stromboli from one of my favorite restaurants for dinner. I only ate half so I have lunch for tomorrow too.
- I realized today that I haven't bitten my fingernails in months. It was a continuous habit for the past 30 years and I never decided to stop, but it seems like since I started working on my stress and anxiety, I've just naturally grown out of the need to do it. My fingernails are growing long and pretty for the first time. My husband even commented that he likes them. I need to trim them back some because they're a bit too long for my liking right now, but I think I may invest in some things to care for them and keep them on the longer side going forward.
- I've also noticed that after several months of working on my skincare routine, my skin is feeling a lot softer and looks less red and blotchy. I know my scars will never go away without a major procedure, but at least I'm feeling a bit more confident in how I look without make-up.

Today was... kinda rough to be honest, but this evening went a little better at least!
We were able to resolve an issue in advance, so that's one less thing to worry about later. Long story, but if it didn't come up today, it would've given us another obstacle to selling the house, so it's a good thing it's been handled now.
I got to Apprentice rank in all the Lives in Fantasy Life! Going to actually try and progress the story a little bit more next time ahaha.
Chilled out with some Youtube for a little while, and watched a couple more videos with my family later.
My tuxedo kitty fell asleep in my lap. ;v;
Physically, I'm feeling better than I have all week!

My tuxedo kitty fell asleep in my lap. ;v;
Aww so cute 🥰 🥰 i love cats even tho I'm slightly allergic lol

-I'm feeling so much better today. I barely feel sick at all. Thanks to everyone who wished me well! 😊by tomorrow I should be operating more normally and by next week I'll be back at work, etc etc. what I am super happy about is being able to eat more than oatmeal, pudding and mashed potatoes for the sake of my sore throat.

-I played on my 3ds today. I have currently 137,000 bells saved in the abd after playing for almost 2 weeks and I'm so proud of myself. Almost there for the 198,000 debt I owe Tom. (it's probably a little counterintuitive to save it all in the bank and then pay off my loan once it's all collected there, but i did earn some interest when the new year started so not a total waste. also I feel more in control of my money lol.) If i play Tortimer island a few more times I could get there in a few days - or not, who knows how busy I'll be when i get back.

-I ate waffles and they were good :D

৶ꕤ७ finished watching season 2 of ginny and georgia! i wasn’t expecting to be done so soon lol, but i really enjoyed it! i think more than the first season, actually. i really appreciated the storylines touched on this season, and some of the characters were much more likeable. waiting for season 3 (if it gets renewed,,,, which it better) is gonna be hell. 😩
৶ꕤ७ now that i’m done with the crown and ginny and georgia, i’m gonna finally get started on watching wednesday in the next couple of days! i’m looking forward to it! i’m happy i’ve been able to stay spoiler-free (aside from the iconic dance scene haha) this whole time!
৶ꕤ७ my sleep schedule hasn’t been great lately; i’ve been staying up all night and sleeping most of the day, which has honestly made my mental health worse. however, i got up at a reasonable time today and have been up all day, so i’m happy about that! fingers crossed i’ll get to bed at a reasonable hour tonight as well haha.
৶ꕤ७ my mom sent me a cute graphic that she found online! she’s also gonna let me look at a bunch of others she’s found the last couple of days and see if i like any of them. c:
৶ꕤ७ tidied up my room.
৶ꕤ७ read a new fanfic that i enjoyed.

- I realized today that I haven't bitten my fingernails in months. It was a continuous habit for the past 30 years and I never decided to stop, but it seems like since I started working on my stress and anxiety, I've just naturally grown out of the need to do it. My fingernails are growing long and pretty for the first time. My husband even commented that he likes them. I need to trim them back some because they're a bit too long for my liking right now, but I think I may invest in some things to care for them and keep them on the longer side going forward.
that’s wonderful, i’m so happy for you! i struggled with a fingernail biting habit for years as well, and it really is such a lovely feeling noticing that you’ve finally kicked it to the curb! 💖

-I'm feeling so much better today. I barely feel sick at all. Thanks to everyone who wished me well! 😊by tomorrow I should be operating more normally and by next week I'll be back at work, etc etc. what I am super happy about is being able to eat more than oatmeal, pudding and mashed potatoes for the sake of my sore throat.
i’m so glad to hear that you’re feeling better! i hope your return to work goes smoothly! ☺️

this will be an accumulation of the last few days 😌💕

so for the last two weeks or so my mental health has been off the wall, like stupid ridiculous. I eventually got fed up with it and after thinking abt what might've been causing it I realized it was likely my medicine. cause realistically, for me, there's no reason why I should be that irritable for that long. well a few days ago I talked to one of my doctor's associates (he wasn't available) and they recommended I try something new, so for the next week I'm weaning off of my current medication and then I'll be trying a new one starting then. I really hope this works out for me, I've been on this goose chase for about a year and a half now and I just want to feel okay again for once 😔

two days ago my order from Nintendo came in!! I mentioned this before but I've been waiting for around a week for it, and it's definitely as awesome as I expected it to be!
the order included the Waluigi baseball cap, which is definitely very well made and has a lot of cool little details on it, as well as the journal with daily prompts. the journal is fun to write in every day, I always look forward to what the next prompt will be!
oh and I also got a happy meal a few days ago and I got a Princess Peach toy that twirls around, she makes a great fidget toy lol 🍑
all three items together, I'm glad I decided to buy the hat from Nintendo and not some random seller online. they apparently do have some sort of respect for waluigi haha
8e129693-fc50-4625-bcbb-df2b50545767.jpg

the hat has some really cool details on the inside, including different line arts and the seam says "Waluigi is number one!" over and over. and the back of the hat has a little silhouette on it too 💜
d4a1a687-1de4-48a8-94f0-b50b5cd5f31e.jpg

41cd0bde-318a-48c6-ba24-06cc2f35d9d9.jpg

and then here is the inside of the journal:
20230105-202132.jpg

20230105-202146.jpg

and then here is the little peach toy up close. hoping to collect more before these toys rotate out!
20230107-211629.jpg

yesterday my copy of Wii Sports Resort got here, I tested it and I works perfectly! I still don't have the remote, that's supposed to get here on Monday (or possibly the day after). I think the first thing I play is definitely gonna be table tennis, though I think I have a ways to go before I can even think about challenging Lucia 😂

last night @/Shellzilla_515 and I were talking abt what it would be like if Wario was president of the US, and it prompted me to find that Nintendo Power poster that was a promotion for Mario Party 5 and it said "Mario for President!" and the best part is, when I found it I realized someone was actually selling it for a reasonable price so I bought it! this is a poster I've been wanting for a really long time (along with the super rare SM64 promotional poster featuring Metal Mario in Hazy Maze Cave) so I'm glad I could find it in good condition!
Screenshot-20230105-211841-Mercari.jpg
I also really need that Wario for President 2024 sign haha

speaking of talking to Shell we also had a very lively conversation last night, here's one of the highlights:
Screenshot-20230106-223211-Discord.jpg

I'm going in to work tomorrow morning and I'll get to see some of my favorite kitties again :blush: then afterward I'm hoping to go to the store and get some much needed grocery shopping done.

lastly I was able to get a pumpkin pie collectible from @/BungoTheElf today and I'm really happy about that 🥧💞 now I just need to see if I can get one from 2020, though honestly I'm pretty content with the one I have!

Today I'm happy because:

- I got to sleep in this morning! I'm still tired but I get to sleep in again tomorrow. Yay!
- I had a productive but also a relaxed day at home. I got through a lot of items on my to-do list.
- I played a couple of video games and watched the newest episode of My Hero Academia.
- I had the remaining half of my veggie stromboli for lunch and it was still delicious.
- My husband and my dog got into a howling match earlier today. It was too cute!
- I also spent some quality time with both of them today.
- I'm looking forward to reading tonight and hopefully having another relaxing day tomorrow.

I had a pretty chill day and got laundry, groceries, and other tasks done. Also got my shiny Vivillon, Shinobu, to level 100 in Pokemon Scarlet.

@Foreverfox I am obligated to say that the Dallas Mavericks won tonight against the New Orleans Pelicans, 127-117. The Pelicans were without a couple stars, so not exactly the way you'd want to win, but a win is a win nevertheless. 🏀 😤

Last night @BrokenSanity gifted me a Spring Sakura and I'm literally so ecstatic and grateful about it, thank you again friend. 😭🌸

My art challenge is going well so far, I got to draw one of my favorite Miis (Abby) pretty early! I also drew Lucía today and I'm really happy with how it turned out! ^^ 🎨

Found a mix of synthwave Zelda remixes on YouTube and I've been listening to it non-stop. My favorite covers are probably Song of Storms and the main Zelda theme. 🎵

My brother and I played Wii Party yesterday! First we played Board Game Island against some master difficulty Miis (Matt and Asami), who both managed to land in the volcano three times. (Don't ask me how Matt won anways.) Then we played Spin-Off against some other master difficulty Miis (Yoko and Tyrone), which was fun even though my brother lost terribly. XD

Watched some more South Park, I'm on season 4 now! My favorite part of the episode "The Tooth Fairy's Tats" was when Cartman said: "Don't open your eyes until morning, or else I'm gonna kick you in the nuuuuts!" in a high-pitched/sing-songy voice. I literally burst out laughing. 🤣

Watched Poofesure's recent video about Wii Sports, "the hardest platinum medal on wii sports". The video was almost a half hour long, which was nice. I'm probably gonna watch his videos of facing Lucía in WSR table tennis afterwards. 🏓😂

Finished watching the Tartaros arc in Fairy Tail this morning, and rewatched another episode of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood! I don't normally get too excited about recap episodes, but FMAB's was like, really stylishly done? I was impressed.
Dollightful posted a video where she repainted little blind box kitty figures!! They turned out super cute. 🥰
Also caught some Youtube videos with my family later on!
And I spent most of the rest of today playing Fantasy Life! I made some story progress, explored the West Grassy Plains and Mount Snowpeak areas, reached Adept level in two Lives, and got myself a new haircut. I'd originally picked one of the longer styles, but it kept clipping through my cape. ;u; So I switched to something shorter and I think I actually like it a lot better!
fantasy life.jpg

No longer my best equipment, I just like the look of this outfit ahaha

Back