• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

I had a pretty good day, woke up earlier than usual. I practiced a piece that I like very much and I'm not amazing at it yet but I'm glad I practiced. I played some more new leaf. I also got some more online lessons done and then hung out with friends. We got Asian food to eat and it was pretty good. Then went home and watched some tv while eating dinner. Took down the Christmas decorations and tree. And now I'm here, probably going to do a load of laundry or something soon. Pretty good day I'd say, got more things done than I normally do on lazy days like this.

Also yesterday at work I got to eat a yummy lunch and went to bed earlier than normal too.

Tomorrow I'm going to hang out with family more and go to work, it'll be great.

And I am loving the blue highlights the most. better than the purple or red highlights imo

Last edited:
Welcome back, @BrokenSanity! Always happy to see you around the forum. I hope that whether you're here or away, you're able to take care of your health.

Today I'm happy because:
- I had the day off work.
- The weather was quite nice, more like fall than winter.
- More progress on the bathroom tile! About half of the shower wall tile and about 90% of the shower floor tiles have been laid.
- We may finally be making progress on my husband's waterfall shower head, too. We needed a 3-way diverter that we weren't told about before, but we got that ordered today. Hopefully, they'll be able to get that everything worked out once that arrives.
- I played some video games and mostly chilled on the couch all day.
- My husband was exceptionally sweet to me.
- I got very invested in the book I'm reading last night. I didn't want to put it down and I love that feeling. I'm looking forward to reading again tonight, but hopefully I can get to bed at a decent hour.

@BrokenSanity I'm so happy to see you're back, I hadn't said anything bc I've been dealing w a lot of stuff the last few weeks but I was sad to see your hiatus message. you do whatever you need to do to help yourself but I (and I'm sure many others) always enjoy seeing you here :blush:

Lots to be happy about!

I have an appt with my therapist tomorrow morning and I'm hoping I can talk abt some important stuff while I'm there. today has been better but I'm pretty concerned how I've been acting and feeling for the last few weeks. doesn't help that my therapist doesn't understand autism so I'm sure she'll say the same thing my mom said, "we all have to learn how to let our stress go", as if she understands how stress and autism works lol. I'm just hoping it goes okay and it's actually productive.

went back to the store today to get a new pair of earbuds. a few months ago I bought a pair of Skullcandy JIB True 2 earbuds, and despite being relatively cheap I say they work just fine for what I use them for. but the first pair I got had charging issues since I bought them, I was gonna exchange it within a few days but I somehow threw out my receipt so I figured I would just not worry abt it. but a few days ago my right earbud just totally stopped charging, and nothing I do fixes it. and without a warranty the only thing I could do was buy a new pair.
well I got my new pair today and guess what? it charges both earbuds perfectly fine! imagine that! they also pair with my phone a lot better than the old pair oddly enough. I almost wonder if the pair I got before was like a used product lol. anyways I'm happy to have a pair that actually works now.

I was walking into walmart today and in the marking lot I found a walmart gift card, and I figured I would pick it up. I took it home and checked the balance on it, and it actually has the full amount of $25 on it! I feel bad for whoever dropped it, I'm sure it was a christmas gift. but honestly if I had turned it in I guarantee someone else would've ended up taking it instead of looking for the owner. so now I have a $25 gift card I guess!

my drawing progress is going well! I'm gonna start my second commission tomorrow (still so relieved my commissioner is so patient lol, this is why I don't have an art shop) 😌

about a year ago I made two miis in Tomodachi Life with the intention of them being my first same-sex couple in the game, and today I finally got them to get together and I'm so happy 😭 💞
HNI-0023.jpg

when Travis asked Mike out on the beach Pooper just randomly popped up out of the ocean in the most ridiculous outfit I've ever seen, I actually lost my **** bc I've never seen someone do that before. no wonder Mike rejected him haha 😂
HNI-0014.jpg

my friend and I spent new years playing New Leaf and we had fun! I got a pic of us at the standee on new years day lol
HNI-0005.jpg

still waiting for my mail orders to come in but I'm excited for them!!

a few days ago I was at a bargain outlet and I found an Animal Crossing throw blanket for $6! it was regular $15 so even though I already have like 12 blankets I couldn't pass it up 😆
81StQXnNwjL.jpg

I won @/jadetine's candy giveaway so I was able to get a second Hanukkah candy! 💙

lastly an update on my health. so for the last two or so weeks I've been feeling really mentally/emotionally unwell, likely bc of the holiday season. I was scheduled to go into work today but I had already worked two days in a row, and I could feel myself becoming progressively more frustrated and stressed every day I worked, so I decided to take today off. I was able to sleep in and not have a bunch of responsibilities today, and sure enough I'm starting to feel a bit better. who would've guessed that giving me time to decompress and recompose would help me? what a crazy idea. anyways I also have tomorrow and Wednesday off so I'll def enjoy that 😄

if yall actually read this through to the very end you have some serious dedication haha

waiting to hear back from a job but it's looking really good so far. i've had two interviews and i got asked to send in my references today. i will finally be out of this state and far far far away from this awful situation i've been in for the past few months so i finally have hope again
got a job offer today!! 🥺

- Did a lot today despite how horrible the weather has been! I'm flying out tomorrow so went shopping for some last minute medicines (some sleeping tablets, and I need vitamins and probiotics because I've been on antibiotics recently :cautious:). I'm really anxious about this trip ngl...

- Had lunch out with my mum

- I got a haircut, I have bangs now lol. My head feels so much lighter since I got a lot cut off :)

- Got a lot more of my essay done. It's basically finished, I just need to add 300 words to get the word count up to par ✏️📖

- I absolutely crushed it at work today. I was all over the place. :cool:

- @Croconaw The NHL Central Division-leading Dallas Stars take on the Los Angeles Kings tonight. It's a battle in Los Angeles...!

- @Foreverfox The Dallas Mavericks beat the Houston Rockets last night 111-106, extending their winning streak to 7 games. They'll play the Boston Celtics next in Dallas on Thursday at 6:30 p.m. US CST. It will be on TNT. Win after win is the way that it's done, SONNNNNNN!!

ov4uTPD.gif

- I absolutely crushed it at work today. I was all over the place. :cool:

- @Croconaw The NHL Central Division-leading Dallas Stars take on the Los Angeles Kings tonight. It's a battle in Los Angeles...!

- @Foreverfox The Dallas Mavericks beat the Houston Rockets last night 111-106, extending their winning streak to 7 games. They'll play the Boston Celtics next in Dallas on Thursday at 6:30 p.m. US CST. It will be on TNT. Win after win is the way that it's done, SONNNNNNN!!

ov4uTPD.gif
I can’t waittt!!! Doncic is on FIRE!!! 😤🏀🔥

I do want to record another video tonight but instead of doing SM64 Chaos Edition I have something (marginally) better in mind. I got the Dii Party mod to work on my Wii, and after playing it for abt 15 minutes I was already losing my marbles over it so I need to play it for a video 😂
also hoping I can actually beat beginner difficulty this time skdfjsjdfskjdf

৶ꕤ७ my kitty. 🖤
E9587CF7-0979-4E66-8B9D-E8FB487EF429.jpeg
B11A25F9-4417-4FA7-BD53-AAB726132E51.jpeg
D10865B2-C9A8-44EE-A4BC-85E4A64EF33C.jpeg
3726E605-D896-42E2-9FB1-CADF6698BDA2.jpeg

this is from yesterday. she was sort of cuddling with my mom’s grinch plushie haha. <3
6FA3F264-925F-4612-A4F0-77FE8139D812.jpeg
৶ꕤ७ my mom got me a stranger things 2023 calendar while she was out! i’m excited to see the different art/characters for each month. ☺️ i’m not great at changing my calendar on time every month (usually i don’t get to it until a few days in at the earliest, weeks at the latest lol), but i still look forward to doing it every month. :’)
3F10EE1C-550F-4898-BEDD-9985DF1E92AE.jpeg
3BC39850-D1A2-41B4-89D2-50B64A03363B.jpeg
৶ꕤ७ continued watching the crown.
৶ꕤ७ posted a new entry in my acnh island journal!
৶ꕤ७ discovered a new favourite song today! haven’t had that happen in a while hehe.

that’s amazing!! congratulations, i’m so happy for you! 🎉 been loving seeing so many people get job opportunities and other opportunities they’ve been wanting lately. ☺️

Celebrated New Year's the other day with my family by going to a relative's house for brunch, and going to my grandma's the following evening with my dad's side of the family. The food was really good and I got to see my older brother. :)

Played Metroid Dread for the first time! I finally understand why the E.M.M.I.s are so fricking terrifying. 😭 Metroid is a game I've been wanting to get into for a while, so I'm happy to get a chance to play it!

Found a person on a Discord server I'm on who shares the same gaming interests as me! We spent practically the whole day talking about Animal Crossing, Legend of Zelda, and Wii Sports. We also exchanged friend codes on our 3DS's, hopefully we'll get to be friends!

Decided to do an art challenge for myself! It's going to last 100 days, so hopefully I can make it through. ;w; But I'm really excited about it! 🎨

Watched a bit of South Park. "Chinpokomon" was an obvious parody of Pokemon and the episode is hilarious throughout, it's probably my favorite so far. XD

Found my old Wii stand! It's a pretty small thing to be happy about, but at least my Wii isn't lying on its side anymore, haha. It also has some things to hold Wii Remotes, and while I can't fit my Peach Wii Remote (with Wii MotionPlus inside) because of the jacket, I can at least put my (one good-working) regular Wii Remote there!
IMG_20230102_152337.jpg

Messed around with an incorrect quotes generator for a while and got some absolutely hilarious results. 😂
There was a lot of quotes I liked, but here's a few of my absolute favorites.
~
Greg: Slash gamemode creative.
Nick: Dude, this isn't Min-
Greg: *starts levitating*
~
Tommy: In your opinion, what's the height of stupidity?
Eva: *turning to Tyrone* How tall are you?
~
Judge: You're being charged with jaywalking. How do you plead?
Greg, leaning into the mic: I'll take the death penalty.
~
Eva: You don't think I can fight because of my gender!
Tommy: I don't think you can fight because you're in a wedding dress. For what it's worth, I don't think Tyrone can fight in that dress either.
Tyrone: Perhaps not. But I would make a radiant bride.

Another Kamigami no Asobi artbook and a couple buttons I ordered with some of my Christmas money both got here today!!
I tried some more new teas today that I quite liked! The hand cream I got works really well too and smells lovely. 😊
Got my Dratini in Pokemon HeartGold! I'm training my team up to take on Whitney next. Her Miltank better watch out, because I'm gonna be ready for it this time around. 💪
We watched some Youtube videos this evening over dinner! We had a ton of leftovers from New Year's too, so meals have been really easy for the past couple of days ahaha~
And I got back into Minecraft for a little bit! I tried it on my laptop because I like having my custom skin/paintings/splash texts, but I couldn't deal with the lag—thankfully, my parents play on the PS4 version, so I was able to use it instead. I haven't played in over a year I don't think, so it was nice getting back into it. ;v;

Congrats! That's wonderful news! I'm happy for you! 😊

Today I'm happy because:
- I made it through my work day and got the most important tasks done.
- I left work on time despite not having finished everything I wanted to because I'm not feeling well. I need to stop pushing myself too hard, so I'm glad I decided to take care of myself instead of working late today.
- The tea sampler I ordered arrived today! I tried out a lemon & ginger herbal tea and it seemed to help my throat and sinuses a bit.
- As of right now I'm feeling better than I did most of the day, so I hope I'll continue to feel better tomorrow.
- I took a COVID test just to be safe and it was negative. I thought it was just a cold, but it's nice to know for sure.
- Our bathroom window was delivered today. If I'm not mistaken, they'll be installing it tomorrow.
- More progress was made on the bathroom tile. About 90% of the right side of the shower is done. We have to wait for the new diverter to be delivered before they can wall up the left side and finish that.
- I had mozzarella sticks with my dinner. Delicious!
- I cuddled up with my husband and my dog on the couch for a while this evening and it felt good.

Here goes...
after less then 3 days on my hiatus I have already decided to come back...
@/Mr_Keroppi @/Firesquids and @/jadetine all messaged me goodbye, the latter two offering advice I kept repeating in my head
I wanted to try and leave in an attempt to heal my health, its just barely been a few days and I find that instead of trying to recharge I long to come back to this place, I kept tearing up thinking about leaving and seeing people bid me farewell, This place is virtually one of my only safe places and its better here then my real life, I think instead of leaving I shouldn't stress myself out being online every day and trying to be active and I just need to create better health habits for myself.
I wanted to do something nice for New Years so I went and opened my Amiibo card packs from Christmas, I misunderstood and I actually only got 18 total packs not 20 but anyways, this was my biggest Amiibo card opening ever and it definitely didn't disappoint, Out of those 108 cards inside those 18 packs 43 of those cards were new ones for my collection, nearly half was new cards, I also got 3 dreamies and several other villagers I like quite a lot but wouldn't necessary call them dreamies. My missing cards count has went from 153 cards needed to now 110 cards needed to complete my collection

If 2023 will be a bad year for me like 2022 and 2021 then this will be my highlight of my year
I feel a lot better reminding myself of my biggest dream, I want to be able to raise money to protect endangered amphibian conservation statuses, I still don't have a job to save money but one opportunity for 2023 is that I will be able to be legally old enough to get my driver's license this year even though I'm terrified of driving maybe this year will be my year I get a job, I've come too far to give up.

Thank you if you read this entire thing, it feels nice to be back.
Welcome back! I immediately missed you when I saw that you went on a hiatus, BrokenSanity. I always felt like you were giving off positive vibes like many others on here. I don't know how much you're dealing with, but I really hope those negative things will be over very soon. You got this! 😁

Congratulations! You should treat yourself to something good for making it possible in the first place. 😊

Played Metroid Dread for the first time! I finally understand why the E.M.M.I.s are so fricking terrifying. 😭Metroid is a game I've been wanting to get into for a while, so I'm happy to get a chance to play it!
Nice that you got Metroid Dread! It's a really great game to play. One tip that I'd like to share from my playthrough is that if you see the map border blinking red (not the red dot), it means that the EMMI nearby can hear you. If you just stand still (or acquire an item later on when you won't make any noise when you move upon using it), you should be good for the most part and make a run for it when you have the opportunity. Those things make my heart race, especially when they do spot you, so I definitely understand how you feel. 😅

------------------------------------------------------------------
I haven't been feeling too well mentally speaking in the past couple of days due to the weather being cloudy and gloomy for pretty much over a week now with barely any sunlight shining through. It's legitimately taking a toll on me BUT, today (technically yesterday) was a really great one.
  • I got a decent amount of sleep and ate some fruit.
  • I continued to play F1 22 and I'm in round 3 in Australia and did a free practice session to get some resource points to improve my car (for those wondering which team I'm driving for, it's Williams). Eventually, I got a little bored and said to myself, "I guess I should delete some drivers from the session." And so I tried taking out a few and had some success without even getting any penalties for it. Granted, it was only free practice with nothing at stake but still. The unfortunate drivers were Valtteri Bottas, Daniel Ricciardo (who took himself out somehow crashing into the former), Lewis Hamilton, and George Russell. I tried to take out Max Verstappen, but I failed and only broke his entire front wing at best. 😆
  • I managed to borrow the DVD for season two of Sailor Moon (or titled Sailor Moon R according to the case cover)! I didn't watch the episodes with my sister yet, but at least I can do so when I have the time.
  • This point is what made my day much better. Apparently, some libraries in my area have light therapy lamps that people could use which pleasantly surprised me. Since the gloomy weather was really getting to me, I decided to go and use one for a little while spending time there. After 45 minutes of shining it on my face, I had a much more positive mood at the end and stayed that way for the entire day, which made the rest of the points after this one feel much greater. I'm really glad that I took the action to make myself feel better as opposed to doing nothing.
  • I saw a golden retriever on the way home and it seemed to be pretty hyper.
  • I had a tasty lunch!
  • Chatting with @/xSuperMario64x again and one of the things he told me is the Dii Party mod. I don't exactly know what it contains, but the name already sounds amusing to begin with. He also finished a drawing that he was working on featuring his OC Toucat with its baby (which I personally call a Toukitten) and it's so cute! There are always going to be good vibes with Bug haha.
  • With the positivity still there, I made some progress on my own drawing! I'm happy with the progress I made even though I'm spending sooooo much time in the sketching stages lol.
Man, that light therapy lamp made a huge difference. I really needed that especially since the weather is still going to be cloudy for the next few days at the very least.

- So happy I managed to sleep from 2 am to 9 am! Need my energy today, will be stuck at the airport for hours :ROFLMAO:

- The sesame bagel + cream cheese I had for breakfast was really delicious

- I'm setting off in about an hour! I feel a little better now that it's daylight and less gloomy today. I'll see you guys in four days! :)

Well I'm happy I was able to spend time with my family today. I also got chick fil a today which is good.

I also tested positive for covid. I feel terrible right now, but at least I'll be resting for a bit. Don't feel like doing much and I'm missing work and some appointments I needed to go to. Oh well. The important thing is I get better. I hope this goes away soon though.

Back