• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

@xara I always appreciate a good bonk photo, pls keep them coming 💖

so I'm really excited bc I may possibly have a new job coming my way! I still need to apply but it's basically a part-time circulation associate position at a new library nearby! I worked at a library all four years I was in college and I absolutely loved that job, so ever since I graduated almost two years ago I've been looking for another library job. this one seems right up my alley; the hourly wage is $13-19/hr, 20 hours per week, and it's in a nice city not far from the state capital!

I sent an email to my old supervisor so I can hopefully get her help with the application. I really hope this ends up working out because being able to work in a library again and to work in that nice quiet easygoing environment would be so awesome for me. pray for me yall 😭🙏💕
I am late, but prayers have been sent! I hope things will work out for you, Bug. 💜💛

------------------------------

Not even two whole weeks into 2023 and I already destroyed some of your notifications. 😅 I'll recap the highlights that happened over the past few days.

January 6, 2023 to January 9, 2023
  • Watched Sailor Moon R with my sister and got through some episodes! It may just be me, but there have been a few moments when my sister and I were just laughing so hard. While I rarely watch anime aside from this show, it's easily become my favourite despite originally airing back in 1992!
Luna crushed by Usagi's lunch.PNG

Angry Usagi.PNG

The face from Sailor Mars (the one on the far left) made me totally lose it. And is Sailor Moon okay? 😂
Oh.PNG
  • Played Gran Turismo 7 and did an online time trial. I'm glad I managed to get a gold time (at the time of this post at least) since the track used is pretty short and takes under a minute to complete.
  • Feel free to skip this point. It's another car that I already spotted, but it always makes me lowkey happy to see a Porsche Taycan Turbo S that sounds like a space ship if you ever heard its 'engine' lol.
  • I think it was on January 7 that in almost two weeks, the sun decided to come out and the skies finally cleared up in the afternoon! This happened while I was driving back home, so I wanted to soak myself in the sunlight as much as I can. While it's been cloudy again since, having a break from the gloomy weather is nice.
  • Played F1 22. I'm at Imola and all I have to do is the race after completing qualifying and the sprint race. On a side note, I seem to have a skill issue where I keep spinning out my car oops. I'm gonna have to turn on traction control to save myself from deleting myself so many times and I don't have a lot of confidence yet driving in this game.
  • Speaking of which, I had a chat with @/xSuperMario64x like I typically do and got some laughs out of it (you may have already seen one of his posts highlighting a part of our legendary conversation lol) where he made this funny message about me playing F1 22:
Funny quote.PNG
  • I got to chat with @/Midoriya too! We mainly got to talk about AC and a couple of other video game stuff, so it was pretty chill all around. It's been a few days since we spoke to each other on discord, but I appreciate the times when we do. Thanks, Riley! 💚
  • Ate a spicy beef patty!​
  • While I'm sad that the winter break is over, it made me happy that I got to look under the hood of a car in college again and learn a few things.​
  • It took me days, but I got to complete a drawing that I was working on! I love the outcome of it and is something I should be happy about. A few people have already seen it, but here it is for those who didn't!​
I love the wintery, sunny vibes that I went for here. 💜💙💚💛
Winter-Animals.png
January 10, 2023
  • I watched an episode of Sailor Moon R with my sister to relax for a bit.
  • Ate another beef patty that was in the fridge.
  • Cooked some food for dinner!
  • Reading the posts in this thread! I had a lot to catch up on, but it's very nice to still see people dropping by here to see what brightened up their day. 😊
  • Speaking of which, I listened to the Zelda synthwave stuff that @/ZeldaCrossing64 put in their post and it's relaxing to hear it while also recognizing some of the soundtracks. 😌

Today I'm happy because:

- I didn't have any major coughing fits last night or today. I'm slowly getting better.
- I had a very productive day and completed everything I wanted to get done at work and personally.
- The plumber started working on the shower again. The new valve is installed and the hole has been cut in the ceiling for the waterfall.
- I saw a tiny squirrel in the treetops and a bunny stretching in my backyard. I really need to come up with a name for this new bunny. 🐇
- I saw a trailer for the new season of Carnival Row starting this February! I loved the first season and have been anxiously awaiting the follow-up. I'm sad to see that this will be the final season, but it looks like it's going to be soooo good! 🧚‍♀️
- I finally put away my Christmas aesthetic and changed into something pretty and blue for January, maybe even February.

Saw some really nice art of a few of my faves today!
While clearing some more stuff out today, my mom found a box of some good-quality handbags (my aunt used to collect them, but gave them to my mom when she lost interest). My mom didn't want any of them, so she let me take a look through them, and I found one I quite liked! ^^ It's brown with some floral metal embellishments, and it wasn't ever used either. So I got a really nice free bag! Also, I'm glad to have something more, ahem, ~professional~ for when my ita bag won't cut it 😅
I got all the ACNH NSO icon elements for January! I managed to save up a ton of platinum points over the last month, so I was able to just grab all of them right away. Now to keep saving for February! ^^
I watched some Youtube videos with my family this evening!
And I've reached Adept in all the Lives in Fantasy Life!

a dragon from my hatchery on Flight Rising made it to the weekly spotlight! i don't own the dragon anymore since the idea of a hatchery is to breed & sell, but im still super proud to see one of my "creations" end up featured somewhere. im so happy that people buy my dragons and take such good care of them, all of the customers ive had are incredible.

Been awhile since I've posted, been busy but doing well :)

• Med change my psychiatrist made has helped a lot
  • I randomly got a free full size Casio Keyboard and and a Nikon DSLR camera (I've always wanted to try DSLR photograpy and have always wanted to play piano/keyboard) the super cool thing is they both work great and the keyboard has a headphone jack thing so I can put my heaphones on while I'm practicing and play without bothering my neighbors :)
  • Bought Pokemon Scarlet and am really enjoying it! :)

Attachments

• keyboard.jpg
    keyboard.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
* there's no snow. It also looks like it's going to rain. I love cloudy days with that blue hue.
* I have the best spouse. I tend to worry about certain things but he is like, chill. It's fine. He just wants me to be well. We also do a lot of things together which kinda sounds dumb to mention since we are spouses (cuz I mean were married so.. yeah we are gonna spend a lot of time together right?) But I'm just glad we enjoy each other's company and get along whether it's watching something, playing a game or eating/cooking.
* My dogs seem pretty chill and content today.
* My card book came in today and playing cards I bought too! I have a matching set now for certain games that require two decks (firework theme), and I now have another deck for single deck games(moon) they are US poker size ( my bears I bought last year are bridge size but honestly bridge are nice too and I wish more novelty bridge size were made). And I feel like I got a great deal on these that came in today.
PXL_20230111_191042275.jpg
PXL_20230111_190640200.jpg
* My spouse ordered a VR headset that's coming in tomorrow. I'm not sure how I feel about it, but honestly I'm kind of excited to try it out so I found some demos to try out after it comes in.
I guess there's a VR game he has been eyeing for a while and he found some sort of deal on a VR headset. My main concern is motion sickness and I wonder how it is on eyes physically. But I'm curious to see what game devs have done in games with the tech. I also wonder about other things like physical room or if you were glasses. If the VR thing works out I want to check out Isle of Pan.
* I feel like I'm bouncing back from the holidays. Unfortunately still I get little sugar cravings from going off course of my regular stuff, but it isn't super strong like it was. My body is also feeling better too.

- I got to sleep in and feel very well rested. 💤

- My work over the past couple days is about to come to fruition. 📊

- The Dallas Stars defeated the New York Islanders last night 2-1 in a shootout. Our goalie, Oettinger, stopped all three shots in the shootout, boxing the Islanders out and giving the Stars a bigger lead in the Central Division. 🏒

- My partner has been super sweet to me lately. 💚

- I'm headed to martial arts again tonight! 🥋

reading everyone’s posts today is making me so happy! so many lovely good things have happened today! 💖

৶ꕤ७ bonk cuddled with me again! we didn’t cuddle for as long as we did the other day, but it still made me so, so happy. 🥺🖤 i was eating dinner while we were cuddling, and miss bonk literally put one of my chicken fingers in her mouth and took off with it LOL. she didn’t actually eat it, but like... bro lmfao. 🤣
49FCED4E-2552-450C-BB56-5B37DEFAD0CE.jpeg
29665A43-183F-428E-A7A6-AAC0357BEB5B.jpeg

bonus pics! already shared these in the “place your random thoughts” thread, but she’s so cute haha.
D55DCFB3-5939-4358-BF26-2D4A86B08404.jpeg
FEFC0FC0-B659-4054-B2E7-E98A106EB860.jpeg
৶ꕤ७ it’s been exactly 12 weeks since i fractured my foot/ankle, and today i managed to get my regular shoe on for the first time since my injury!!!! 🥳 it’s still a bit tight and uncomfortable, but i’m so glad i’m finally able to wear a normal shoe again!! no more walking boot when i go out for me!
৶ꕤ७ the temp outside got significantly colder last night, and since my window’s open, my room got pretty cold as well! i love when my room gets cold so much — it gives me an excuse to snuggle under my blanket, and it helps me sleep better. ☺️
৶ꕤ७ a cat that’s been at my city’s animal shelter for well over a year may have finally been adopted! 🥺 her name’s phyllis, she’s 10 years old. she’s a cranky gal and unpredictable, but she’s pretty and honestly just wants to chill. seeing her has always broken my heart; she deserves a home so much, and she gets ignored a lot since she’s not very friendly. i really hope she finally has a home. 🤞🏻🥺
0220A31C-3DA9-4A72-9D84-98D69B6E5546.jpeg
৶ꕤ७ went to school. today was just a review day since i have my final math quiz tomorrow, so i’m grateful for the extra study time. ^^
৶ꕤ७ watched iliza shlesinger’s “hot forever” netflix comedy special with my mom! we’ve watched all her other comedy specials, so it’s kinda tradition for us to watch them now haha. she’s super funny, and her new special was great! a perfect mix of comedy and touching on important issues. c:
৶ꕤ७ tidied up my room.

-As cheesy as it sounds I'm honestly so happy to see everyone here every day, just recording what happened during their day. I enjoy seeing you guys every day 😊
-As of this Monday I am developing a habit of practicing my violin for 1.5 hours a day, which amounts to 10.5 hours per week, 42 hours per month, and 504 hours in a year. If I keep this up I will have practiced violin for almost 500 hours in 2023 (I missed several days because I was sick, lol). Im really excited because Im not good at maintaining good habits so I'm hoping this one will stick. And maybe over time I will increase it to 2 hours on the weekends! Maybe I will slowly increase it over time on weekdays too! I'm just so excited to finally start practicing every day like i should have been doing earlier, once you get into it and push on through it's really not bad! So far so good on my New Year's Resolution. 😁

Today I'm happy because:

- My work day was not too stressful and I was able to work on some stuff that always gets put off due to not being high priority.
- No major coughing fits all day.
- I took a walk on my morning and noon breaks.
- I left work early and had a good massage therapy session.
- I went by the store on the way home and picked up a couple of my favorite foods.
- My dog laid in my lap this evening while we watched TV.

I've been having a recurring issue where I keep running out of things to play in the background while I'm working (I'm typically more productive when I'm listening to something), but I do believe I've found a solution for the foreseeable future—I've got the Pokémon TV app now; I'm gonna try to binge the entire Pokémon anime LOL. I think it should keep me entertained without requiring too much of my attention either! ^^
Finally made it to Port Puerto in Fantasy Life, and adopted the last two pets I wanted!! ;v; I got the cream-colored poodle and the silver striped cat, who I've named Matcha and Jasmine respectively.
My parents and I watched a few Youtube videos this evening! My mom and I also watched a couple anime episodes on our own later on too.

just a few things today~

I submitted my job application today and got a confirmation email saying that it was received! hopefully they contact me soon 🤞

along with working on my job application I've spent my evening painting my nails (as I do sometimes), but this time I decided to be creative and paint them in the style of Waluigi and Wario! I used two colors to represent their respective shirt/overall colors, and on the thumb nails I painted their emblems, not particularly pretty but I think it looks pretty great considering this is the first time I've ever done nail art haha 😁
also don't mind the messy nail polish around my nails, I'm not the best at staying "in the lines" so to speak 😅
20230111-231933.jpg
20230111-231943.jpg

after looking at @/Franny's post I randomly decided that I wanted to join Flight Rising. I've been curious about it for a while and after seeing some of the Fashion Week dragons I thought "hey they look p dope" so yeah I have an account now! I don't really know how to play and I'm not quite sure what I'm doing, so anyone here who knows how to play properly and can give me tips that would be much appreciated 😌
also my first pair of dragons is pretty great, Hydrangea and Lucas! I made Hydrangea and Lucas just kinda showed up lol. I named both of them, lowkey forgot Lucas was a girl sooo whoops! we still love her though <3
my-babs.png

edit: almost forgot but if anyone wants to add me on there here's my profile pink! [x]

Last edited:
- After a whole week of miserable weather, it was actually kind of dry and sunny today o_O

- I've been enjoying relaxing at home, I've been so sleepy since getting back from Germany, I think my body's trying to recover from all the walking 😅

- I'm happy to be visiting my grandma tomorrow, and then seeing my friends and my brother on saturday!

৶ꕤ७ took my final math quiz today! i’m not super confident in my answers, but i tried my best, and that’s all that matters! 😌 i’m sure i did fine. there were only 10 questions, so it was pretty easy. it only took me 10 minutes or so to complete, so i had the rest of the period to myself to relax and think about my culminating assignment. c’: i’m looking forward to finding out how i did! it’s odd knowing i’ll never have to take a math quiz again haha.
৶ꕤ७ had my 4th counselling session today! we took a couple weeks break for the holidays and to give my counsellor time to catch up on my file + finish my assessment, so i was looking forward to this session. i was pretty tired during it lol, but i got to talk about some of the struggles i’ve been having and how i’ve been feeling this past week, and i feel a bit better now that i’ve gotten some stuff off my chest. :’) it feels good to finally have someone i can talk to, i always appreciate hearing my counsellor’s thoughts on the things i tell her. hopefully i won’t be so tired during next week’s session haha. 😅
৶ꕤ७ my parents picked me up some things i needed while they were out! ^^
৶ꕤ७ my mom sent me some more cute graphics that she found online! i’ve got some new ideas for future aesthetics now! ☺️
৶ꕤ७ posted a new entry in my acnh island journal!
৶ꕤ७ tidied up my room.
৶ꕤ७ read a new fanfic that i enjoyed.

Today I'm happy because:

- It's been a quiet work week so far. No major issues or emergencies. I don't actually mind my job when I have time to do it properly.
- One of my coworkers had a new baby last weekend and pictures were shared with us today. Babies are so cute!
- I took three walks today on my morning, noon, and afternoon breaks.
- I left work on time and was able to make it home and walk my dog before the rain started.
- I had a grilled cheese burrito from Taco Bell for dinner and it was extra cheesy.
- My dog laid in my lap while we watched TV.
- Tomorrow is Friday and I have a long weekend. I won't get to enjoy it fully since they'll be working on our bathroom, but at least I won't have to work. Keeping my fingers crossed that the bathroom gets finished up by the end of next week. We've had too many delays.

Back