• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

It’d feel like a crime not posting here on my birthday, but it hasn’t been a good day so far. Nothing bad happened, but I really don’t like my birthday and it’s just a reminder of how lonely I am.

I’m grateful for everyone who’s either posted on my wall or sent me a message wishing me a happy birthday. The messages made my day just a little better, and I thank those who left one.
I reached 10,000 VR on Mario Kart today, and my combo is working for me. I’m more confident now in Lemmy as my main. I used to think lightweights weren’t competitive, but I’m doing just fine.

C38D15E0-49FA-47FE-8AD4-86102A731BC3.jpeg
I’m having mini corn dogs for lunch dinner, and those are a good I’ve been craving for a while. I even have ketchup to use with them, so I’m happy to give them some flavor.
I tossed out some of my old clothes I don’t wear anymore so stuff is easier to find now, although I didn’t have that much to begin with, lmao.

৶ꕤ७ i went to bed a bit earlier than i intended to last night, but i was still able to sleep well and for most of the night! my sleep wasn’t as uninterrupted as it was yesterday (i kept waking up every 4-5 hours lol), but i still woke up feeling pretty well-rested! i also went back to sleep for a bit after being up for a while, so i got plenty of rest!
৶ꕤ७ it was sunny for the first time in weeks! 😎☀️ i didn’t get an opportunity to go out today, but just seeing the sun and the bright blue sky through my window was enough to lift my spirit! the constant gloomy weather these past few weeks was taking a toll on my mental health, so some sunlight was just what i needed. ^^
৶ꕤ७ 1/16 of my yellow candies transformed into a beautiful corrupted rainbow candy!! 🥳 i honestly didn’t have much hope that i’d get one since i wasn’t able to afford many candies this time around, so logging in to see one in my inventory made my day!! very grateful to be one of the 31 users who got one! 🥰 also very grateful that the sellback feature was enabled; ya girl is broke! i’m probably gonna be spending the next few months slowly replenishing my funds haha.
৶ꕤ७ new tbt event, ya’ll! i didn’t think we’d be getting a new event until valentine’s day at the earliest, so the acnh blogging contest was a lovely surprise! the new lost book collectible looks super neat as well! i’m unsure if i’ll be participating, but i’ll see what i can do! i look forward to seeing everyone else’s journals! ☺️
৶ꕤ७ my mom sent me this adorable photo of bonk. 🖤
801dec62d3df3fb0177b88a06aeb4261b7bd1365.jpg
৶ꕤ७ discovered a new favourite song! this doesn’t happen very often, so it always makes my day when it does!
৶ꕤ७ read a new fanfic i enjoyed.

It’d feel like a crime not posting here on my birthday, but it hasn’t been a good day so far. Nothing bad happened, but I really don’t like my birthday and it’s just a reminder of how lonely I am.
i’m really sorry you haven’t had a good day so far, croc. bad days in general suck, but having a bad day on your birthday is the worst. 😕 my birthday reminds me of how lonely i am, too, so you’re definitely not alone in that. i don’t have many friends (and none irl), so my birthdays have never been very special. i hope your day improves, or that you at least have a better day tomorrow. <3

Oh, I'm so sorry your day was not that great. I understand how it is- I don't have many friends irl either and birthdays can feel lacking. I hope that tomorrow makes up for it. Happy birthday, btw! 🎉
This year is gonna be your year. ❤️

Today I'm happy because:

- I didn't have to work and I didn't have anything very pressing to do, so I was able to just do what I felt like I could handle all day.
- I did get some laundry done which was a good start on the very minimal to-do list I gave myself for the weekend.
- We have a bit more tile up on the shower walls and the contractors confirmed the plumbing seems good with no leaks.
- I had a good salad for lunch and a Mozzarella Chicken sandwich from Wendy's for dinner.
- I spent some quality time with my husband and my dog.
- I watched some anime and other shows plus played some games.
- I get to sleep in tomorrow and relax all day.

I'm so sorry your birthday hasn't been very good. I hope the next few days will be better.

Sorry to hear that you haven't had a good day, Croconaw. Sucks to hear on a day that's supposed to be special to you. I do not know what's going on in your life, but I hope things will pass eventually. Happy birthday, Croconaw! 🎂🐊

------------------------------------------------------------------

Wowie, today has been awesome all around. Can you guess what made it great?
  • The sun came out today! I repeat, the sun came out today! I've really been looking to see it again shining on my face. Even just seeing the clear skies brings a smile to my face and has made everything else that made me happy, even happier. 😁
  • Did some laundry.
  • I drove somewhere and listened to a bunch of music. Here's one of them that really put me in a good mood!
Snowball Park - Super Mario 3D World
  • My mother bought some doughnuts from Krispy Kreme and I enjoyed eating a few of them. My favourites are lemon filled glazed, cake batter, New York cheesecake, and the original glazed. 😋
  • I went for a small walk in the sunny weather despite the cold temperatures.
  • I ate some pizza for lunch and experimented with something by putting some chips on top of it. The pizza got tastier because of it and enjoyed it even more.
  • I played New Leaf again and looked at some of my old letters, most notably the ones from my sister. They were from years ago and it cracked me up reading them because they were so random. 😂
  • Got to play F1 22 and completed a practice session and qualifying taking place at Miami (USA).

Watched an episode each of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Fairy Tail with my family this morning! I'm super hyped to see Fairy Tail Zero animated aaaaaa
I used a little bit of my remaining Christmas money to get the new Fairy Tail OP/ED themes too!
Staff have spoiled us with another event already?? It's given me the push I needed to finally get into my island and start fixing things up—that lost book collectible is an absolute must-have for me. ;w; I think I'm finished setting things up now; I'll start working on my first journal entry tomorrow.
We caught another episode of Solidarity's Empires SMP series, and we're getting close to the crossover event now. My mom and I also watched some Youtube videos on our own later!

Today was a good day. I ran some errands to start on another project then I stopped by chick fil a before going home and picked up a soda, chicken sandwich meal and Oreo shake. It was all so yummy.

Then i decided to play New Leaf. I turned the clock back an hour from 2 pm to 1 pm just because I like 1pm music better. 2pm is kind of annoying. I have 105,010 bells in the ABD now (a little more than 1/3 of the next loan I will take out from Tom). I went on a bunch of tours and bought a pink diving suit with all the medals I got. I also got some more fruit (mangoes) which isn't on my island but it was on a tour island. On Main Street there is construction next to the Able Sisters, I think it is Kicks' store. I had also made a PWP a week or two ago but it is so expensive (like 368,000) that I have barely made a dent in it. It's the Reset Center. Kind of weird I'm constructing it other than feeling bad for and wanting to talk to Resetti. I made a tiny dent in it. Also a weird thing happened - once when I was talking to Yuka today she told me to deliver something to Phoebe... who was standing right next to her. Lol I've noticed this happen so much in this game, not so much in the other AC games I've played, funnily enough.

I went to work today too. I work in a restaurant and something really interesting happened there. I was helping this guy buy his food or whatever and the first words he said, I thought he had an accent (of course every one has an accent but im used to the accents around the area I live in so I barely hear it). I wondered where he was from or if I was just hearing things. Turns out he came to where I live, all the way from New Zealand. I was like whoa how did you get here? As some restaurant small talk. he said his mum actually is from around here. I liked his accent, it was cute, not in a romantic way but kind of in a unique/quirky way. There are not a lot of New Zealanders where I live!

off to bed early tonight, i’m exhausted. nighty night, friends! i hope you all have a wonderful week! <3

৶ꕤ७ i mentioned yesterday that i was unsure whether i’d be participating in the new tbt event or not, but after thinking it over and coming up with an idea for a new journal that i really like, i decided to participate after all! ☺️ i’ve already got my first entry posted, and i think it looks not half bad so far! i’ve really been enjoying seeing everyone else’s journals so far as well. ^^ my journal probably won’t be too interesting in the long run haha, but i’m excited to continue with it and will try my best! 😅
৶ꕤ७ cuddled with miss bonk! it was a short cuddle since we got interrupted by my dad coming home, but any time spent cuddling with her is cherished. <3 she’s not in a cuddly mood often, so i always make sure to treasure it when it happens! 🥰
C3DF018E-65C8-4FD4-A151-E5F1DA64D0A4.jpeg
0D28F7C5-7616-4A0F-A76F-7F5A78873634.jpeg
325E8826-02F9-4EFE-A60C-E843C027E42F.jpeg
৶ꕤ७ it was sunny out again today! ☀️ after weeks of constant gloominess, 2 sunny days in a row feels like a treat hehe. i didn’t get a chance to go out today either, but just seeing the sun and feeling the cool breeze coming through my window was enough to make my kinda bad day feel not so bad. c’:
৶ꕤ७ i also posted a new entry in my main island journal! my event journal has already given me some new ideas for how i want my main one to look and be formatted, i can’t wait to start implementing them! this event is a great opportunity for me to try and get a bit more creative and try out new things with my journal posts. 💖 i’m pretty content with the sort of scrapbook vibe it has now, but i’d love to start implementing some of the creative/personal writing that i’m trying to incorporate into my event journal! would love to start writing more again in general, it used to be so therapeutic for me.

honestly been feeling bleh lately, prob bc I started my new medicine a few days ago and the doctor did warn that it would make me feel groggy (which I def have been ugh). but I do have something to be happy about!

so as I've mentioned previously I've been playing Flight Rising a lot the last few days. I'm absolutely obsessed with the countless dragon variations that are available!! as well as the cute little outfits you can dress them in! I've collected a decent number so far (lots of them have been given to me for free, the community is so generous) and here are a few of my favorites:
Charin the Coatl (M):
82550214_350.png

Bubblegum the Guardian (M):
83129603_350.png

this sweet boy still needs a name, he's a baby Imperial 😁
83451920_350.png

Valentina the Wildclaw (F):
75815650_350.png

BelovedStrike (will change name soon)< the Fae (F):
83428641_350.png
pretty much none of them are wearing apparel atm (save for Hydrangea, my pink and purple Fae, and Valentina, pictured above with the gold clouds) because it's expensive and as a brand new player I don't have much money lol. I'm working on it though and I have some pretty epic outfits planned for these guys 😌

also happy bc @/_Rio gifted me a Corrupted Rainbow Candy after I didn't manage to win one in the mini event that just happened (I knew I used up all my luck getting rainbow candies the first time rip) so that was really nice!! 💕

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept really well last night, got to sleep in this morning, and feel a lot better than yesterday.
- It was sunny and warmer outside. The temperatures are supposed to rise all week.
- I got a few things done but spent most of the day relaxing.
- I spent some quality time with my husband and my dog.
- My dog cuddled with me while watching TV.
- I have the day off work tomorrow.

I'm kind of mad rn bc I had to stay rly late at my work today and there's something wrong with my next shift. I know it'll work out and I'll cool down in a bit though.
Happy because I got Starbucks today (salted caramel cold brew, which i had never tried before) and it was pretty good. When I finished it Fia was waiting to get some of it. Sometimes we give her Starbucks cups to lick because she likes the sweet whipped cream and she gets excited when she recognizes the plastic cup. (she has always been fine and it's not a lot of coffee left so she's fine lol. She's a strong little doggy but it's probably not good for her to have too much.) It made me happy that she was happy and I thought it was so funny that I could see her long tongue through the clear plastic excitedly lapping up the sweet cream.
I also had pizza for dinner! :D

I got my island journal started for the New Year, New Horizons event, and worked on my island some more! I've also really been enjoying following along with everyone elses' entries as well.
Found a really good fanartist that I've started following! ;w;
Watched the latest episode of One Piece with my family this morning! We also watched some Minecraft Youtube videos over dinner—which was super lovely too; it was spicy veggie pasta with lime. 😭
Got a new desktop wallpaper!
Completed a few of the grindier quests I've taken in Fantasy Life! Also worked towards reaching Expert rank as a Wizard, and I think I'm almost there.
I should be getting several pairs of some nice warm fuzzy socks soon, and the best part is they're designed like kitty paws asldjfsdklfjsl. Even the floor grips are patterned after paw pads, they're SO CUTE 🐾

It has been a long couple of months at work. I do overnight cleaning at a Walmart. We are supposed to have at least 3 people on the team but it has been just me with hardly any help and low supplies and no working floor scrubber so it has been quite the long time but today we finally got a second person. So I am happy about that.

- I have today off work because of MLK Day (Martin Luther King Jr.), which is awesome! I've always loved this holiday more than something like Christmas or Valentine's Day because of its significance.

- I'm enjoying watching Spy x Family while having a salad and drinking lemonade.

- I'm looking forward to watching the Dallas Cowboys @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers wild card playoff game later. I don't really care if the Cowboys win or not seeing as I'm not a huge American football fan, but it'll be fun to watch either way.

- I was very productive last week and got a lot done. The presentation I gave to my business partners went over very well, so I'm glad about that.

- My partner has been really sweet to me lately.

- Genshin Impact's newest update drops in around a day. I'm so excited for Alhaitham and Yaoyao!

- Lastly, this is more of a shoutout than anything, but I'm really super thankful to the TBT staff for coming up with this newest island journal event. If not for the event, I don't think I would ever have played ACNH again, so thank you. 💚

Back