• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

- Got more work done on my assignment last night and I'm a little happier with how its going. I'm hoping to finish it off tonight because it's due in tomorrow!! o_O

- The frozen pain au chocolat from the Co-Op are actually delicious. The best ones I've eaten in a long time, I've been really enjoying them.

- I'm just generally enjoying relaxing at home. But also looking forward to going back to uni in two weeks :)

ą§¶ź•¤ą„­ today is my dadā€™s 53rd birthday! we didnā€™t really do anything special since he doesnā€™t like to go all out or draw too much attention to his birthdays, but we had a lovely dinner, and he got to enjoy a slice of his favourite cookies and creme cake! he overall had a pretty good day. : )
ą§¶ź•¤ą„­ posted a new entry in my ā€œnew year, new horizons!ā€ journal! i feel like i mightā€™ve rambled a bit too much in it haha, but iā€™m pretty pleased with how it turned out! i really like the font iā€™m using for my headings, and how the new filter iā€™m using for my screenshots looks! šŸ„° iā€™m really grateful for how much creative freedom staff has given us for this event! itā€™s a great opportunity for me to try and get more creative with my writing and photo editing, i canā€™t wait to try out new styles and techniques! iā€™m excited for my next entry as well; might not have it done in time for tomorrow, but i wanna take my time with it so that it can be the best it can be! ā˜ŗļø
ą§¶ź•¤ą„­ had a good day at school! i canā€™t believe itā€™s my last full week of semester 1 classes already, it feels like this semester flew by haha. hopefully next semester goes by just as quickly for me; i canā€™t wait to finally graduate! šŸ„³
ą§¶ź•¤ą„­ finally began working on my math culminating assignment! i definitely shouldā€™ve gotten started on it a bit sooner, but iā€™m nothing if not a procrastinator LOL. iā€™m at a standstill until tomorrow as thereā€™s a part i need to talk to my teacher about, but iā€™m happy with the progress i was able to make on it today! ^^
ą§¶ź•¤ą„­ spent some time with my sweet bonk. <3 no new pictures to share sadly, but she was so sweet and affectionate with me this afternoon! she kept rubbing up against and headbutting my legs and feet, and purring up a storm. šŸ„ŗ iā€™ll figure out how to upload a video of her purring for you guys one day, it is so loud. i love her. ^_^
ą§¶ź•¤ą„­ tidied up my room. iā€™ve been slacking with keeping my room tidy the past few days since iā€™ve been preoccupied with other things, so iā€™m happy i got around to doing it today! i donā€™t feel at my best if my space isnā€™t tidy. šŸ˜…
ą§¶ź•¤ą„­ read a new fanfic that i enjoyed. it was funny and made me laugh a bit as well!

Okay, I'm a bad little girl, but I'm happy I did this. I reset my switch again yesterday for a couple reasons. One, I thought I could do my hair sideswept, but even though I got the part right, it still didn't feel comfortable. Plus, I tried doing my PokƩmon character's hairstyle something similar, but even that I didn't like. So I went back to my bangs and it feels so much more comfortable and doing my character's hair with the bangs to match was better than the other and it's what I like more.

Plus, I got annoyed that my character's icon on PokƩmon Violet couldn't be updated from what you started with, so I had to reset for that reason too, but it's okay. I'm happy I reset, because I now got my character right and I'm gonna try to slow down on my game this time, so it's once again all good.

Sorry for the weird post, but I'm happy to do this instead, as it feels more like me. šŸ™‚

āŸ” I went out to eat and chilled afterwards with my Samurai. I call her a bunch of weird/cute nicknames she finds ā€œendearingā€ but this oneā€™s more personable ā€˜cause her name is Sam, lol. It was the first time she came over and we were practically attached to each other at the hip, sitting on the couch. We played Mario Kart together for over an hour. Seems like sheā€™s good luck because I managed to gain back the VR I lost this morning, and she was being super sweet to me.

Also extremely happy that sheā€™s been referring to me as her man and using masculine pronouns since we met (going on over a year now) to her roommates and such because she knew. I guess Iā€™m a bit obvious in person, lol. It just made me happy when she told me. Just casually said that sheā€™s been saying ā€œoh Blue Streakā€™s amazing, youā€™ll meet him someday.ā€ And she said I give off man energy which made my whole year, tbh.

2346DD1F-CC90-4610-B0FA-95B6D4862B72.jpeg
She drew this for me as concept art a good bit ago but it seems like wonderful tattoo art. Just a shame I have sensitive skin and I donā€™t think a tattoo would work for me, sadly.
1096FA2D-D83E-412B-AF79-91CCBAAB8117.jpeg

āŸ” I cleaned my room a ton which was very long overdue. It was originally me just running the vacuum, but I really went above and beyond this time. I threw a ton of things away I didnā€™t use anymore and even scrubbed some parts of the wall. Iā€™m amazed with how much I actually got done.
āŸ” I had a cake pop from Starbucks for the first time. I was recommended the birthday cake one a bit ago but they were out, so I went with the cookies and cream. I picked up a small Mango Dragonfruit refresher when I was there. I havenā€™t had one of those in a while, but it was good to have again.
āŸ” I have a very short work week this schedule because I was off today. I only work Tuesday-Thursday, and have off again on Friday with my weekends. That gives me lots of extra time for myself and video games.

Last edited:
Today I'm happy because:

- I didn't have to work today and I have a short work week.
- I finished Alice in Borderland and got caught up on To Your Eternity.
- I played some games and spent some time with my husband.
- About 3/4 of the shower wall tile is up.
- The contractors think they should be able to finish up by Friday. Oh please, oh please, oh please...

- I'm looking forward to watching the Dallas Cowboys @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers wild card playoff game later. I don't really care if the Cowboys win or not seeing as I'm not a huge American football fan, but it'll be fun to watch either way.

The Dallas Cowboys beat the Tampa Bay Bucs 31-14! The Tom Brady curse... IS BROKEN!

Alright, time to get destroyed by the 49'ers next week. /halfjoking

ā˜¾ I worked on my ACNH island and new journal some more today! I've pretty much been avoiding ACNH altogether outside of TBT events, but I feel like I'm actually getting back into it now. ^^ I love keeping up with what everyone else is doing in their journals too!
ā˜¾ I switched my aesthetic up! I've had this one ready to go for a couple months now ahahah. It feels good to finally use it! I think I'll keep it around until February. c:
ā˜¾ I made a new embroidery floss bracelet for myself! I really love the colors I used for it. ;w;
ā˜¾ Started training my HeartGold team for the Ecruteak Gym!
ā˜¾ And I watched some Youtube videos with my family this evening!

- Good day at work
You can skip next part unless you're terribly interested in my period problems lmao
Got to see the midwife today and we had a good chat, and she could actually refer me to an ob/gyn so going there on the 30th. Hope they can help me more. :)

Got a few more new pokestops for my collection on my way home, trying to get the platinum medal for x amount of unique stops spun so that was nice :D!

just something small, but I got an email today that was a response from the Social Security office saying they've scheduled a phone appt with me in March! I'm sure this will ed up being a long and tedious process but if I can qualify for disability/SSI that would honestly help me out so much.

I was scared to ask how my friendā€™s medical appointment went (sheā€™s very ill) but she texted me and said it went okay. Extremely grateful but still cautious as theyā€™re still determining treatment. But the fact that she said it went okay as opposed to horrible or calling me with bad news is a good sign.

Iā€™m also happy that I can buy PokĆ©mon on here with my small amount of tbt because was able to get the other starters from S/V.

- I got help with some groceries and am lowering my spending habits in order to save even more.

- I got a lot of work done so far today and am grinding it out!

- I forgot to mention this yesterday, but I'm really glad the Dallas Stars beat the Las Vegas Golden Knights 4-0. The points from that win will help us stay in the race for 1st in the NHL Central Division.

- I plan on playing more ACNH later and getting more done. :giggle:

ą§¶ź•¤ą„­ posted my third entry in my ā€œnew year, new horizonsā€ island journal! i nearly pulled an all-nighter working on it, so my brain is not braining right now lol, but iā€™d say it was worth it since iā€™m pretty proud of how it turned out! :ā€™) it was my first try at creating ā€˜loreā€™ for my island, as well as finally starting to bring a character i created eons ago to life, and i think itā€™s kinda cool! itā€™s the most creative iā€™ve been in a while, and i put a lot of effort into it. ^^ i just wanted to have fun with it and be as creative as i could and write whatever came to mind, even if it wasnā€™t perfect.
ą§¶ź•¤ą„­ despite being up almost all night, i still managed to go to school (albeit a bit late heh) and had a decent day! my math teacher helped me with the part of the culminating assignment i was stuck on, and i was able to continue working on it and complete part 1 before the deadline tomorrow! šŸ„³
ą§¶ź•¤ą„­ did some much-needed self-care.
ą§¶ź•¤ą„­ read a couple new fanfics that i enjoyed!

I was scared to ask how my friendā€™s medical appointment went (sheā€™s very ill) but she texted me and said it went okay. Extremely grateful but still cautious as theyā€™re still determining treatment. But the fact that she said it went okay as opposed to horrible or calling me with bad news is a good sign.
iā€™m so sorry to hear that your friend is sick, but iā€™m glad that her appointment went well. i hope whatever treatment she ends up receiving helps her, iā€™ll keep her in my thoughts. <3

ą§¶ź•¤ą„­ posted my third entry in my ā€œnew year, new horizonsā€ island journal! i nearly pulled an all-nighter working on it, so my brain is not braining right now lol, but iā€™d say it was worth it since iā€™m pretty proud of how it turned out! :ā€™) it was my first try at creating ā€˜loreā€™ for my island, as well as finally starting to bring a character i created eons ago to life, and i think itā€™s kinda cool! itā€™s the most creative iā€™ve been in a while, and i put a lot of effort into it. ^^ i just wanted to have fun with it and be as creative as i could and write whatever came to mind, even if it wasnā€™t perfect.
ą§¶ź•¤ą„­ despite being up almost all night, i still managed to go to school (albeit a bit late heh) and had a decent day! my math teacher helped me with the part of the culminating assignment i was stuck on, and i was able to continue working on it and complete part 1 before the deadline tomorrow! šŸ„³
ą§¶ź•¤ą„­ did some much-needed self-care.
ą§¶ź•¤ą„­ read a couple new fanfics that i enjoyed!

iā€™m so sorry to hear that your friend is sick, but iā€™m glad that her appointment went well. i hope whatever treatment she ends up receiving helps her, iā€™ll keep her in my thoughts. <3
Thank you so much xara, youā€™re so sweet and your kindness is appreciated šŸ’œ

Back