• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

Today I'm happy because:

- I helped my mom with some things she needed done and in the process I got to love on her cat, Sassy. She didn't even scratch or bite me this time. 🥰
Look at those whiskers! Especially above her eyes! LOL
jltVjRb.png
- I chatted with my boss about her dogs and a new puppy.
- My work day wasn't too stressful and I accomplished a good amount of tasks.
- I heard back from the recycling company and set up pick-up service starting this week. No more hoarding stuff for a big trip to the drop-off locations.
- My dog greeting me when I got home this evening. He's just so adorable and always super excited to see me. 💞
- More progress on the bathroom! All of the shower tiles are done, walls and floor, just waiting on grout. About 2/3 of the bathroom floor is also done. With 3 days left before the weekend, I really believe there's a chance they might finish this as long as no more unexpected issues or delays come up.

I know I've mentioned this a lot, but I'm still having so much fun with the current blogging event! I think I've managed to keep up with the other entries pretty well so far too, hopefully I've not missed anyone's. ;u;
Found and captured a random shiny Hoothoot while level-grinding in Pokémon HeartGold!! 🥺✨ Can't wait to start training him.
And my parents and I have reached the crossover event in Solidarity's Empires SMP series! We watched a few other videos together too.

- Did a 20 minute workout last night! I've slowly been starting to workout again, I stopped due to the infection i got a few weeks ago, but now that it's gone I can get back to my old habits I guess

- Happy it's been bright and sunny today, and that the days are slowly getting longer

- My mum went shopping and picked up some of my fav protein puddings <3

i don’t have much to talk about today since i had a pretty uneventful day, but i hope you’re all doing well! ☺️

৶ꕤ७ i spent most of my day working on my new horizons island! it’s honestly a huge mess rn haha, but i’m happy i’ve finally started trying to work on my island! i got rid of most of my cliffs, and my island feels so much bigger now. 😅
৶ꕤ७ went to school, and had a decent day! we went over part 2 of the culminating assignment in math class today, and it seems pretty easy! i’ll get started working on it tomorrow. ^^
৶ꕤ७ did some self-care.

Today I'm happy because:

- My work day was calm and I completed a good amount of work.
- I got to leave work early and had a good massage therapy session.
- I went to the pet store to pick up some stuff for my dog and took the time to look at all the cute animals there: birds, guinea pigs, rats, hamsters, fish, and cats from the local animal shelter. There were a few people who brought their dogs into the store too. 💗
- The weather was beautiful this afternoon and the sky when I was heading home was simply gorgeous. Dark blue fading to light blue with striated clouds perfectly breaking up the various shades of blue. If I wasn't driving, I would have taken a picture.
- All of the bathroom tile has been laid and it looks so good! It just needs to be grouted. Also, some more painting and trimwork was done. It's finally starting to look like a bathroom again. It won't be ready by this weekend, but they are saying early next week. I can count the days now instead of counting weeks.
- Our recycling cart was delivered today as expected and we put together our first load of recyclables to be picked up tomorrow. In the process, we cleaned up some stuff from under the coffee table.

Unfortunately I've been a little bit under the weather (sinus infection and menstrual cramp double whammy, wooo), but thankfully I've had some things that could be mostly handled in the background that I've needed to get done anyway. It's also meant I've had more time to work on my island and journal entries for the current event than I thought I would, so hey! ^^ It's not all bad.
My parents and I are continuing to catch up on Solidarity's Empires SMP series! My mom and I got to watch some stuff later on too.

- My brother came over today to book hotels for our trip to Japan! So nervous + excited about it, mostly nervous bc we're transiting through Hong Kong and idk if they'll introduce new travel restrictions on HK or not 😨 But we booked all our hotels today and they're all very nice! (plus free cancellations is always good lol).

- I made us both dinner, tuna fried rice, kimchi pancakes, and hoisin duck gyoza. It was my first time making kimchi pancakes but they were really good, 10/10 would recommend. Was happy to cook again, I haven't cooked anything in a while. I think a New Year's resolution of mine will be to bake and cook more often. We also had a really delicious chocolate orange bombe for dessert 😋

I don't know why I feel so happy today. I guess it's because The sun is shining, I'm listening to Happy Together, I don't have too much to do today, it's almost Friday. But other than that it feels like i have so many other things to do later and I wonder why I'm happy now. It must be the good weather but I'm not complaining.
I'm probably leaving tbt for an indefinite amount of time, I just kind of feel like I need to at least take a break and I don't know when/if I'll be back. But the time spent here has been fun and I appreciate you guys. Thanks for always reading my happy posts! :D

৶ꕤ७ it got super cold outside overnight, and i woke up to my room being insanely cold as well since my window’s open! i know i’ve talked about this before lol, but i love when my room gets cold so much! i love being able to snuggle under my blanket without getting hot, and the cold helps me sleep better, too! what a lovely surprise to wake up to. ☺️
৶ꕤ७ speaking of sleeping better, i slept rlly well last night! i got about 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep, which doesn’t happen often! i definitely think the cold temps had something to do with it. c:
৶ꕤ७ i tried one of the mini white chocolate raspberry cheesecakes my mom picked up at the store a couple weeks ago! cheesecake is one of my favourite desserts, but i didn’t have much hope for this one since my mom wasn’t a fan — however, it was actually really tasty! 🤤 i was able to taste all of the flavours, and the texture was nice! kinda glad my mom didn’t like them, since that means more for me LOL.
৶ꕤ७ had my 5th(?) counselling session today! i was a little anxious for it since i’m still trying to come out of a depressive episode, and i didn’t want to be groggy or have trouble focusing like i did during last week’s session, but it thankfully went really well! i was able to share a lot with my counsellor that i’ve never shared with anyone before, and it felt nice. i’m looking forward to my session next week. 💖
৶ꕤ७ this little dork. <3
9D4E5D61-A711-4739-BA60-39D0CD1F850D.jpeg
৶ꕤ७ i had some delicious pasta with breadsticks for dinner!
৶ꕤ७ did some self-care.
৶ꕤ७ read a new fanfic that i enjoyed.

I'm probably leaving tbt for an indefinite amount of time, I just kind of feel like I need to at least take a break and I don't know when/if I'll be back. But the time spent here has been fun and I appreciate you guys. Thanks for always reading my happy posts! :D
i’ll miss seeing you around, but i completely understand. we all need a break sometimes. 🖤 if you decide to come back, we’ll be here to welcome you with open arms! if not, it was lovely to meet you; thank you for sharing what’s made you happy every day and your adorable sofia with us!

Hoo hoo, I have some additional things to be happy about today!

- I got all my work done with plenty of time to spare today, which was a great confidence boost for me.

- I got paid as well!

- I wished for and got Alhaitham's signature sword in Genshin Impact. I was originally planning to use a substitute weapon, but this one is too good to pass up due to its bonus effects!

- I slept really well last night and intend to tonight as well.

- Paid an important bill I had been putting off!

- I plan on playing some more ACNH tonight.

- @Croconaw The Dallas Stars play the Los Angeles Kings again tonight, in LA. I believe you guys beat us the last time we played, so it should be a fun rematch. 🏒

- Pippi likes to come into my room, go under my bed, and either purr or snore. It's cute and funny how she's under there whenever I'm in here as well. 💚

I haven’t posted in this thread in quite a while. I am very glad to say that today has been an awesome day for me! 😀

• An unusual one, but I got things done at my dentist appointment. I spoke with the person who was dealing with my teeth and had a meaningful conversation. I’ve been reflecting on myself and realizing more and more that talking to someone outside of my family irl and having a conversation beyond small talk is one of the things that really put me in a good mood. They were also reassuring me of what I was going to do later on in the day which will all make sense in the next point and is by far the highlight of the month for me.

• Not enough words can describe how happy it made me, BUT I PASSED MY DRIVING TEST OMG! I actually took one a couple of weeks ago, but I failed because I was entering the highway a little too slowly oops. I was absolutely devastated at the time when I failed. But I learned my mistake from there and absolutely killed it when I went for my second attempt. Just had to pretend I was playing Gran Turismo for a couple of seconds to just give the engine full beans to get up to speed lol. If you’re wondering what car I drove, it’s a 2021 Honda CR-V! However, it’s actually a rental car, and the one I typically drive had to be fixed because the brakes were making some weird noises. Oh well, it was quite fun adapting to the minor differences in terms of how it drove (smoother ride quality, different steering lock angle, etc.). Plus, it was windy and raining today, so I really had to put my best foot forward swiftly in order to pass the test. Speaking of which, after I passed, I asked the examiner if I got bronze, silver, or gold. They said gold and this played inside my head. Actually, three of them played in my head, with one after getting my licence lol. 🚙
The soundtrack is from Gran Turismo 4 after getting a gold time in a licence test. It's also nostalgic to me listening to this again as I still remember hearing this for the first time ever in-game, which was well over a decade ago.

The soundtrack is from Gran Turismo 5 (and also appearing in GT Sport) after getting a gold time.
This plays in Gran Turismo 3 after passing all tests in a section and being able to advance to the next licence stage.
  • I told my mother about passing the driving test and she treated me to some food from Jollibee, more specifically some spaghetti and a chicken sandwich! 😋

• It’s been a while and I finally got to watch Sailor Moon R with my sister again. She’s been really busy studying over the past week preparing for her exams, so I was living in the moment laughing at the parts that were pretty funny to us. 🌙
Funny looking Sailor Moon.PNG
Screaming Artemis.PNG
  • I cooked some food for tomorrow so I don’t have to spend some time doing it.

• As always, it's nice being able to chat with @/xSuperMario64x. 💜💛

• I’m going to play Gran Turismo 7 in a little bit to wrap up the day. 😁
Today is easily the highlight of January for me this year. I really love that these things made me so happy to the next level. ☺️

Today I'm happy because:

- I made it through a stressful work day. I took all of my breaks and left work on time, despite feeling so far behind.
- Our first recycling pickup went well. They didn't forget about us.
- We tried out a new drain cleaner because our kitchen sink has been a pain for years, and this stuff actually cleared it up completely. I never expect anything to work as well as it claims, but for the first time in ages it drains properly. (I feel like being happy about a clean drain is a sign I'm getting really old.)
- I saw the new bunny in our backyard again and decided to name her Olive. She's so cute, but super nervous. She bolted before I even saw her, but then couldn't figure out how to get through the fence so I was able to get a good look at her. She's not at all like Ms. Potter who would calmly munch on her patch of grass while my dog and I walked within a few feet of her.
- Getting closer and closer to the end of the bathroom project! They got some of the grouting done, some more painting done, and set up the vanity/sink, mirror, and light.
- My husband is very sweet to me. I love coming home to him and my dog after a rough day.
- Tomorrow is Friday!

Last edited:
too tired to type out a bunch of stuff, but I'm happy bc I don't have to work tomorrow, I started my island journal this evening, and I got my check today so I was able to get a few little things I wanted 😌

(also @/Shellzilla_515 passed his driving test today so that's totally poggers)

A couple more things I ordered with my Christmas money arrived today—a green floral headband with little white flowers, and the Kamigami no Asobi anime fanbook!! 🥰 Both got here a lot earlier than I was expecting too.
I got to work on my ACNH island and my journal some more! I'm finding that I've actually got lots of ideas for things I want to implement on my island, so I'm glad about that too. ^^
And I chilled out with some Youtube videos with my family! I'm still not feeling too great and probably overdid it a bit today, so it was much-needed. 😅

Finally got back into Pokemon Violet. I restarted not too long ago and was at the point where I was breeding Lucarios and Charcadets to get good natures and possibly shinies and I got a perfect natured Riolu to go in my main team.

Got a shiny Charcadet as well but not good enough nature for my team but I now have the shiny soo that is good enough for me.

Regular members will know how difficult the past few months have been for me, but I've just received some fantastic news about tomorrow that has made me so, so happy, the happiest I've been since the end of September. I feel as if there is light at the end of the tunnel. I will update tomorrow! 😊

Back